PDA

View Full Version : Week 7 in the NFL and MLB

stlrtruck
10-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Ok so this past weekend was that one weekend that you know you'll never forget (or hope that the amount of alcohol intake doesn't kill the brain cells holding on to those memories.

Saturday my friends and I went to game 6 of the ALCS, which sucked but was cool to be there. Took my 13 year old son who has never been to a playoff game, neither had I until that point.

Sunday, went to O'Briens in Tampa for the Steelers game, met my friends at a bar after that to watch some of the 4 o'clock games, then left for Raymond James to watch the Bucs and Suckhawks. Of course still in my Steelers garb. Then out of nowhere this girl walks past me with a browns shirt and browns hat on. I started laughing, and said, "I didn't even think they had browns fans in cleveland, let alone Tampa!" But anyway, I digress, it was fun to watch the few suckhawks fans leave early and then just before the football game ended, a lot of fans had gathered in the endzone concession area to watch game 7 of ALCS on a 19" TV. Then shortly after the game it was on the jumbo tron. Everyone was going nuts.

Then today, to bring it all to a close, I got an email to purchase tickets to either Game 1 or Game 2 of the World Series! My wife may be upset for me putting more money on the CC but she'll understand - it's HISTORY in the making!!!

fansince'76
10-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Glad the "Sawx" lost, just to piss off the Boston bandwagon even more.

steelerstrade
10-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Go Rays! Seriously! I bought the domain www.EvanLongoria.com back when I was an associate scout...the dude can hit!

stlrtruck
10-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Wasn't fast enough to get the tickets for Game 1 or 2. Now I'm hoping it goes 6 so I might have a chance to get tickets for that too.

Oh well, at least the Sawx have gone back to Bosston, to crah in their carrhs at Harrvarrd Yarrd

stlrtruck
10-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Somedays I love TICKET :whip: MASTAH!!!

Was able to get two sets of two tickets to Game 2 at The Trop. Just hope the Rays produce better than they did in Game 6 of the ALCS.