PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else as fired up as I am???

klick81
10-21-2008, 12:03 AM
Okay, so I wasn't alive in the days of Lambert, Greene, and I may be too young to remember players like Lloyd, and Ham...but is ANYONE as excited about how NASTY this team is playing???

I mean...we've got a player who (thanks in part to a softie comish) has been called out two games in a row, and now possibly a third for playing too rough!!! And the best part of all? He's just one of our receivers :sofunny:

Our two OLB tandem is unstoppable; quarterbacks are spooked into throwing early, if not crushed by the Wood or the Silverback. We've got other team's fans yelling 'FOUL!' where there is none, saying "Comish, please suspend him; he's playing too rough!!!".

I know I'm getting a lil too excited since it's early in the season, but DAMMIT, i'm enjoying this 5-1 record. Now bring on the Superbowl Champs...it's time to show them what Pittsburgh is made of :tt03:.

XxKnightxX
10-21-2008, 12:05 AM
yeah man Im fired up, especially being from jersey and living and working at the meadowlands. Ive always like the giants when they play, but theres not such thing as a fan of two teams and im already getting heat from my co-workers so im hyped about this game.

fansince'76
10-21-2008, 12:54 AM
Actually, as someone who remembers the "old days," I'm more saddened by how the current walking clusterfook of a commissioner is trying to turn the game into two-hand touch. Hits that are drawing $10,000-$15,000+ fines under his pussified and completely arbitrary kindergarten rules of contact wouldn't have so much as raised an eyebrow 30 years ago. What's even worse are all the sissy douchebag "fans" that are crying foul over admittedly brutal, but perfectly CLEAN hits, which is only a symptom of the larger overall wussification of America. Can't bear to see guys get clocked? Watch tennis. As Jack Lambert said, "I believe the game was designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Same goes for watching it.

steelpride12
10-21-2008, 01:09 AM
Yes every game seeing the Steelers rack up the sacks, and thats not even the good part, its the fact that for the most part Wood, Timmons are young and have many years to release havoc!

Our team for the most part is solid. We have an amazing franchise QB and a solid running game with the addition of Moore.
Fixing the OL would make this one scary team and o yea WERE 5-1 baby!
GO STEELERS!

Galax Steeler
10-21-2008, 03:44 AM
With Woodley and Silverback that is enough to worry anyone but with Timmons coming in and getting more playing time and the way he is playing that threesome is very frightning.

Our receiving core looks very solid along with our running game hopefully we can keep it up and take care of the Giants.

stillers4me
10-21-2008, 05:42 AM
I get all fired up and then I look at the schedule. The O line MUST hold up for the next stretch.

Ask me on Sunday at around 7:30 pm.

TailgateMel
10-21-2008, 09:01 AM
I was just thinking today about how to Steelers fans:

Sacks = Long Bombs

in that... we get as much joy out of the sacks as the west coast offensive type teams get out of their long bombs.... we wait and look for them & revel in them. We hope the management/coaches pick up players who can excel at them. If you have ever been to a home Steelers game, you've seen how ape$hit the crowd goes when they play "renegade" with the defensive montage (are they doing that this year again?)

I would like to see the stat on what percentage of defense (vs offense) numbered jerseys get sold to Steeler fans vs. other teams.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Actually, as someone who remembers the "old days," I'm more saddened by how the current walking clusterfook of a commissioner is trying to turn the game into two-hand touch. Hits that are drawing $10,000-$15,000+ fines under his pussified and completely arbitrary kindergarten rules of contact wouldn't have so much as raised an eyebrow 30 years ago. What's even worse are all the sissy douchebag "fans" that are crying foul over admittedly brutal, but perfectly CLEAN hits, which is only a symptom of the larger overall wussification of America. Can't bear to see guys get clocked? Watch tennis. As Jack Lambert said, "I believe the game was designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Same goes for watching it.

Yup, Donnie Shell and Mel Blount would be paying fines like crazy nowadays for hitting too hard.

Imagine in todays NFL what guys like Ted Hendricks and Jack Lambert would be saying about the commish :jawdrop:

SteelMember
10-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Hell yeah I'm fired up! It's great having a pass rush that can fold a QB in half. :thumbsup:
Goodell's clean up plan for "merchandising" the league (that's what I see anyway) is total BS.
It sells itself for god's sake, and has for the past 40+ years. Why does he (goodell) insist on putting his stamp of approval on everything?
Quit profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering with it, Jagoff! :mad:

Dizzle43
10-21-2008, 10:57 AM
I am happy with our current record but I'm not getting very giddy just yet. We have injuries that continue to mount game after game and the tough part of our schedule is about to begin. I have big expectations for this team so I'm not going to be happy until we win the division and get into the playoffs.

LVSteelersfan
10-21-2008, 11:20 AM
I am positively giddy about Silverback, Woodley and Timmons as well. Polomolu was back to his old self, but I fear this injury may put him out for a few weeks with the hard schedule coming up. Tyrone Carter better get his act together quick or it could be a hard few games with Polomolu and McFadden both out. Let's hope Polo is ok and can play against the Giants. Linebacker U is back to it's old tricks and I LIKE IT !!!!!!!!!

steelreserve
10-21-2008, 11:43 AM
What's even worse are all the sissy douchebag "fans" that are crying foul over admittedly brutal, but perfectly CLEAN hits, which is only a symptom of the larger overall wussification of America. Can't bear to see guys get clocked? Watch tennis. As Jack Lambert said, "I believe the game was designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Same goes for watching it.

Seriously. It seems like whenever a guy takes a big hit these days, people see dollar signs. "OMG we spent $28 million in guaranteed money on that guy's contract, he can't get hurt!"

Yeah, it sucks when a star player goes down with an injury* -- it potentially costs the player a lot of money, and with the salary cap, it hurts the team a lot. But there is simply no helping the fact that there are going to be random injuries. You can't legislate them away, unless you make so many rules that you're not really playing football anymore.

* (except Tom Brady)