PDA

View Full Version : The Weather On Sunday...

JShockey
10-21-2008, 03:41 PM
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxdetail/USPA1290?dayNum=5

Looks like rain & wind...

The run game might really be needed...

Here comes Earth, Wind & Fire!

:nw:

TailgateMel
10-21-2008, 04:12 PM
This is Pittsburgh.. the forcast changes every 90 minutes.

Edman
10-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Reminds me of last year where it seems like every Steelers home game had bad weather.

randy06
10-21-2008, 04:56 PM
i love the cold, rain, and snow etc.....its awesome football weather

tony hipchest
10-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Here comes Earth, Wind & Fire!

:nw:

HA! they are no match for our defensive tandem of Rock, Paper, Scissor! :chuckle:

Preacher
10-21-2008, 05:19 PM
i love the cold, rain, and snow etc.....its awesome football weather

Yep...
except for when I travel across the country to see a game!!!

KeiselPower99
10-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Bad weather in Pittsburgh??? Makes me smile thinking about Elis soon to be 4 ints this week

stillers4me
10-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Rain?

I love Heinz Field when it rains. I'm sure Eli will, too. :chuckle:

Polamalu Princess
10-21-2008, 06:46 PM
As one who sat through a snow storm watching the Bus play the Bears in 2005 - bad weather and Steers are great with me!

wootawnee
10-21-2008, 08:26 PM
I missed that game.....Does someone have it on vhs or dvd?
05 steelers vs Bears

steelpride12
10-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Those Steelers love the crazy hardcore weather, and Parker get ready for a tough, good game.

SteelMember
10-22-2008, 07:41 AM

You mean Partly Cloudy to Partly Sunny. :laughing:

I enjoy inclement weather games, but last years hurricane miami game was painful to watch. Maybe I was more embarrsssed by the turf...what a mess. I hope they never try that again.

stlrtruck
10-22-2008, 07:47 AM
You mean Partly Cloudy to Partly Sunny. :laughing:

You mean partly cloudly over Pittsburgh and Partly Sunny over the rest of the country? :toofunny:

JShockey
10-22-2008, 08:26 AM

I'm sure it does...

Doesn't the field get real messy when it rains? :coffee:

JShockey
10-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Bad weather in Pittsburgh??? Makes me smile thinking about Elis soon to be 4 ints this week

I was at the NFCC game in Green Bay this past season...

Eli & Co. did OK in that one... :flap:

X-Terminator
10-22-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm sure it does...

Doesn't the field get real messy when it rains? :coffee:

The entire field was replaced in the offseason and has not had a single problem so far this season.

JShockey
10-22-2008, 08:35 AM
The entire field was replaced in the offseason and has not had a single problem so far this season.

Cool...

I just remember that one game last year (Miami???) where it was a total mess...

I wish the new Giant stadium was grass... :thumbsup:

X-Terminator
10-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Cool...

I just remember that one game last year (Miami???) where it was a total mess...

I wish the new Giant stadium was grass... :thumbsup:

New sod over old sod + rain + blocked drainage system = the Miami quagmire. It was just a bad idea and bad timing.

Why are they putting carpet in the new stadium? Football should be played on grass - you'd think an old time team like the Giants would push for that. Maybe the Jets had something to do with that since they're sharing the stadium with the Giants. Which begs the question - why didn't the teams push for separate stadiums?

JShockey
10-22-2008, 09:16 AM
New sod over old sod + rain + blocked drainage system = the Miami quagmire. It was just a bad idea and bad timing.

Why are they putting carpet in the new stadium? Football should be played on grass - you'd think an old time team like the Giants would push for that. Maybe the Jets had something to do with that since they're sharing the stadium with the Giants. Which begs the question - why didn't the teams push for separate stadiums?

The Jets wanted their own stadium on the West Side of Manhattan, but it got shot down...

Sharing the new stadium made economic sense & it will be a real beauty...

http://www.nyg2010.com/

With all the other stuff that goes on there (high school & college football, soccer, concerts, etc) & the climate, grass was really not an option I guess...

The field turf they use now is pretty good...

XxKnightxX
10-22-2008, 09:53 AM
just like jshockey said, i worked security there and people forget or dont realize how often the meadowlands gets used. They have hundreds of concerts a year, football from HS, College, and NFL, plus soccerr from MLS, as well as international teams going there all the time. Having grass will just demolish the field.

JShockey
10-22-2008, 11:51 AM
just like jshockey said, i worked security there and people forget or dont realize how often the meadowlands gets used. They have hundreds of concerts a year, football from HS, College, and NFL, plus soccerr from MLS, as well as international teams going there all the time. Having grass will just demolish the field.

So that was you in the yellow windbreaker.... Hmmm. :rofl:

nojobny
10-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Reminds me of last year where it seems like every Steelers home game had bad weather.

OMG last year was horrible. I lived in my rain gear for every game!

Dino 6 Rings
10-22-2008, 12:43 PM
I don't care if they play this game on Krypton while its falling apart around their ears as superman is launched into space to save earth...I want us to beat the living snot out of the Giants and get to 6-1. Run the ball, stuff the run, attack their QB and cause turnovers and keep them under 20 points while striving for 35 ourselves.

Just smash them in the face and hit them harder than they hit us.

That is the Goal this week.

revefsreleets
10-22-2008, 12:44 PM
(cough) Cleveland Browns (cough)

RoethlisBURGHer
10-22-2008, 01:34 PM
I think our defense can handle your RB tandem. We have a nice lil combo of our own in Parker and Moore.

JShockey
10-22-2008, 01:41 PM
I think our defense can handle your RB tandem. We have a nice lil combo of our own in Parker and Moore.

We shall see... :drink:

RoethlisBURGHer
10-22-2008, 01:50 PM
We shall see... :drink:

Yes, we shall see......the Giants walking out of the stadium 5-2!

:tt03::drink:

JShockey
10-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Yes, we shall see......the Giants walking out of the stadium 5-2!

:tt03::drink:

Maybe, maybe not... :rofl:

Avoid LLoyd1975
10-22-2008, 09:49 PM
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxdetail/USPA1290?dayNum=5

Looks like rain & wind...

The run game might really be needed...

Here comes Earth, Wind & Fire!:nw:

Earth = Mendenhall
Wind = Parker
Fire = Moore

How about those nicknames for our trio? Only if Rashard wasn't hurt....

The Duke
10-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Earth = Mendenhall
Wind = Parker
Fire = Moore

How about those nicknames for our trio? Only if Rashard wasn't hurt....

well then how about Poop, Wind and Fire :chuckle:

and gary russell :smile: