PDA

View Full Version : Staphland Browns suspend Winslow 1 game

tony hipchest
10-21-2008, 05:00 PM
:laughing: for disparaging remarks when he said they treated him like a piece of meat.

boy, they sure are sensitive about their infection problem.

revefsreleets
10-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Seriously, this is getting to be like an epidemic. This is going to have draft/free agency implications if they don't clean this problem up soon.

Not that anyone would want to go play for that clearly cursed franchise anyway, but this isn't going to help for the few who might be gullible enough.

Maybe when Modell pulled out that was SUPPOSED to be the end of Pro Football in Cleveland...

Edman
10-21-2008, 05:41 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/11051848

The Link.

You just gotta love it in Cleveland. Ben is Cleveland's Dan Marino. No really, they could've had him but decided to spend a first-round pick on this douche.

xfl2001fan
10-21-2008, 05:43 PM
[hangs head in shame]

God forbid a player speak his mind when it's the truth.

Any thoughts about prospective FA's coming in to help bring us to the next level just went out the door.

tony hipchest
10-21-2008, 05:47 PM
has the CDC gotten involved yet?

where is OSHA when you need them?

revefsreleets
10-21-2008, 05:49 PM
CURSED FRANCHISE!

lilyoder6
10-21-2008, 05:50 PM
this is stupid by the browns.. they are suspending him for telling the truth.. maybe the browns should wry more about football and there players gameplay and health instead of wrying about someone talking

9-5
10-21-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm ashamed to be a Browns fan right about now, the franchise doesn't give a rats @$$ about the fans or winning. All they care about is the bottom line. Kellen Winslow telling the truth about his injury is a suspension but Derek Anderson not giving the team a chance and getting into 2 physical altercations makes him the starter. :doh:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Preacher
10-21-2008, 08:16 PM
It also speaks to the problems LeCharles Bentley was having...

Hmm...

MasterOfPuppets
10-21-2008, 08:21 PM
this woulda never happend under MODELLS watch.............:toofunny:

steelpride12
10-21-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm ashamed to be a Browns fan right about now, the franchise doesn't give a rats @$$ about the fans or winning. All they care about is the bottom line. Kellen Winslow telling the truth about his injury is a suspension but Derek Anderson not giving the team a chance and getting into 2 physical altercations makes him the starter. :doh:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad:

You should be, your falling apart after an uprising 10-6 season.

Steelman16
10-22-2008, 02:01 AM
:laughing: The Browns are so disillusional.

rbryan
10-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Winslow has been a turd from day one. I don't think he''s the victum like he wants everyone to think.

lilyoder6
10-22-2008, 10:37 AM
how is this winslow's fault??? he was asked a ? about what was the deal wih him and he answered truthfully.... the browns should be more worried about cleaning up the buildings than trying to keep him hush hush

X-Terminator
10-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I'd like to know how this is Winslow's fault? I don't like the overrated douchebag, but he should be allowed to tell the truth without repercussion from the organization. This has been going on for how long now? How many players has it been? It's about time a player stood up and blew the whistle on them. And where in the hell is the NFLPA? It seems like the league and the owners can do whatever the hell they want to the players, and there's nobody representing the players to balance things out. If this would have happened in MLB or the NHL, their player unions would be all over it.

fansince'76
10-22-2008, 10:54 AM
And where in the hell is the NFLPA? It seems like the league and the owners can do whatever the hell they want to the players, and there's nobody representing the players to balance things out.

It's been MIA since Upshaw died, it seems.

SteelMember
10-22-2008, 11:22 AM
So it wasn't elephantitis of the nuts?

Any thoughts about prospective FA's coming in
Maybe a med student out of Northwestern. :chuckle:
this woulda never happend under MODELLS watch.............:toofunny:
And there's the twist of the knife...I hope it was sterilized first. :laughing:

revefsreleets
10-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Winslow has been douchey since the Browns refused to resign him to a bigger contract (which is actually one of the few actually smart FO moves they've made recently). Some of this may be legit, but it sure sounds like sour grapes to me...

9-5
10-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Winslow has been douchey since the Browns refused to resign him to a bigger contract (which is actually one of the few actually smart FO moves they've made recently). Some of this may be legit, but it sure sounds like sour grapes to me...
How is it sour grapes? Romeo came out and said that the organization did not tell the players Kellen had staph. How does that work?

It's been MIA since Upshaw died, it seems.
The NFLPA has filed a grievance against the Browns on Kellen's behalf, and a decision might come before the game.

revefsreleets
10-22-2008, 05:36 PM
How is it sour grapes? Romeo came out and said that the organization did not tell the players Kellen had staph. How does that work?

The NFLPA has filed a grievance against the Browns on Kellen's behalf, and a decision might come before the game.

Sour grapes is Winslow publicly dissing the Browns organization when he's made it abundantly clear that he expected them to pay him HUGE jack based on essentially one really good season out of what, 4?

Of course the FO deserves the scrutiny, though! They have made some completely idiotic moves (TOP of the lost is not trading DA when he was worth a piss).

X-Terminator
10-22-2008, 06:16 PM

Good. Should be an open and shut case:

Browns: We suspended him because we didn't like him speaking up and shaming the organization.

NFLPA: You already brought shame to the organization by knowing about Kellen's condition and then trying to cover it up.

Grimace (Crennell): I concur.

Arbitrator: Case dismissed. Kellen can play this week.

Grimace: All right! Now where's the buffet? :wink02::chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
10-22-2008, 06:18 PM
the whole city should be burned to the ground to prevent this epidemic from spreading to more disirable franchises.....not to mention, to get rid of the staph.....no more brown !!! :sign03: ....burn the f**cken town !!!......:sign03:. .....:toofunny:

RoethlisBURGHer
10-22-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm not buying the he's a victim garbage.

When he was playing Evil Kinevil in the parking lot of Cuyahoga Community College and wrecked his bike, tearing up his knee....the Browns could have easily cut him without paying him anything. They could have withheld the $4M roster bonus he was due later that year. Instead they kept him, paid him to rehab, and paid him that roster bonus.

xfl2001fan
10-23-2008, 07:27 AM
To play devil's advocate (and being in the military, there is a certain amount of "organizatinal thinking" to take into consideration.)

He wants the players to know what happened, he could pick up a cell phone, type out an email, go to their houses. Any number of ways of communicating to the players.

What he didn't have to do was talk to a reporter about it and make it seem like using the media was the only way to ensure that all of his fellow teammates knew he had Staph.

While I don't know what the FO was thinking, I'm pretty sure that they didn't want the media to know about this (for obvious reasons.)

We'll be lucky to bring in any halfway decent FA's next year, keep any halfway decent ones next year, etc...

Scouts better get the next few drafts right, because that's likely the only way we'll get players in town until this Staph crap goes away.

9-5
10-23-2008, 10:09 PM
I'm not buying the he's a victim garbage.

When he was playing Evil Kinevil in the parking lot of Cuyahoga Community College and wrecked his bike, tearing up his knee....the Browns could have easily cut him without paying him anything. They could have withheld the $4M roster bonus he was due later that year. Instead they kept him, paid him to rehab, and paid him that roster bonus.
So what exactly does that have to do with this? They covered up his illness to the team, the fans, and the media. What exactly did Kellen do wrong?

xfl2001fan
10-24-2008, 07:25 AM
While it's not wrong for him to disclose his illness, the presentation of it was.

He tried to make it look like it was the entire FO's fault for nobody knowing what was going on. Why did he wait until now to say what he said? What was to keep him from making a statement (through his agent) that was strictly to the point.

Kellen Winslow has contracted another Staph infection.

Unless you believe that he was forced to hold his silence by the FO. I somehow doubt they had him bound and gagged for this entire time frame.

Keeping quiet is not covering anything up. It's just not shedding light on things. Covering up would be falsifying medical documents, lying to the media, fans, playerst...etc...