PDA

View Full Version : Palin??

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Okay, When Palin was first picked by McCain as vice president, i couldnt find any "republican supporting" poster on this forum that did not like the pick.

Has your view on Palin changed? Do you still support her as vice.

She does have the lowest approval rating of any vice presidential candidate ever!!

tony hipchest
10-21-2008, 10:28 PM
i couldnt find any "republican supporting" poster on this forum

heres a nice palin poster that appeared on this board....

http://bp2.blogger.com/_uExTzMIDd1Y/R2O5nKq9_tI/AAAAAAAAATE/At2bb_K_3ao/s400/Sarah-Palin-Vogue.jpg

steelwall
10-21-2008, 10:29 PM

http://bp2.blogger.com/_uExTzMIDd1Y/R2O5nKq9_tI/AAAAAAAAATE/At2bb_K_3ao/s400/Sarah-Palin-Vogue.jpg

I dunno I approve of the photo though:thumbsup:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-21-2008, 10:30 PM

I see many of theese cropped photos..... Truth be told they are proubably not too far from the truth....

However, I still think this decision will ultimately cost McCain the election

HometownGal
10-21-2008, 10:33 PM
I support Palin 100% and have since the day McCain chose her as his running mate. :thumbsup: She speaks her mind and stands her ground and I respect her for that, as I am much the same way.

cubanstogie
10-21-2008, 10:37 PM
first of all I wanted Romney before I knew who Palin was. At first I liked the pick due to thinking some Hillary voting women would vote for McCain/Palin, It was also refreshing to hear a politician who sounded like a regular person. Due to several factors the honeymoon was over in a hurry. A lot of woman seemed offended by the pick, and the media instantly hated her. So in retrospect, I don't think it turned out like they had hoped. We won't truly know until 2 weeks. I still support McCain/Palin, but she was not and is not my first choice. For the record, I am voting for McCain as the lesser of 2 evils. I wanted Guliani from the get go. I have no problem with pro choice, even though I don't like abortion it is a womans choice.

Godfather
10-21-2008, 10:44 PM
first of all I wanted Romney before I knew who Palin was. At first I liked the pick due to thinking some Hillary voting women would vote for McCain/Palin, It was also refreshing to hear a politician who sounded like a regular person. Due to several factors the honeymoon was over in a hurry. A lot of woman seemed offended by the pick, and the media instantly hated her. So in retrospect, I don't think it turned out like they had hoped. We won't truly know until 2 weeks. I still support McCain/Palin, but she was not and is not my first choice. For the record, I am voting for McCain as the lesser of 2 evils. I wanted Guliani from the get go. I have no problem with pro choice, even though I don't like abortion it is a womans choice.

I think Palin was more a sop to the religious right than to disgruntled Hillary supporters. They did make a specific appeal to women at the intro rally, but main theme was that she was a younger version of J-Mac.

I still think she was the best pick. McCain couldn't afford a pro-choice running mate like Lieberman, Rudy, or Ridge. Romney is an unprincipled flip-flopper and his track record as governor looked like Dukakis. Only Michigan had a worse job market over those four years. Pawlenty would have been hammered over the bridge collapse. Portman was W's budget director :sofunny: I was hoping Palin would be the pick, and I still get excited whenever I see her on TV.

Palin's problem is that she's not a smooth-talking bull artist. She could fix that by staying on the national stage and spending a few years in DC but that would take away from her outsider/take on the old boy network appeal.

steelwall
10-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Say what you want about Palin, but wasent this nation founded on regular people being able to run for presidency/vice? Much is said about her, but I like the choice. Plus having a smoking hot VP is just fine in my book.

For the record I dont know much about Palin's stances on issues, but on the same token I know about the same amount of Obama's stances on issues, since they seem to change daily.

At least Mcain stand were he stands, to me thats a leader.

MACH1
10-22-2008, 01:04 AM
Say what you want about Palin, but wasent this nation founded on regular people being able to run for presidency/vice? Much is said about her, but I like the choice. Plus having a smoking hot VP is just fine in my book.

For the record I dont know much about Palin's stances on issues, but on the same token I know about the same amount of Obama's stances on issues, since they seem to change daily.

At least Mcain stand were he stands, to me thats a leader.

I'm sure that Obama would like to sit down to tea with you and explain that his stance isn't really a stance, it more of a tap dance.

revefsreleets
10-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Woah! I thought it was a good pick for whom it would bring on board as far as galvanizing the base and so forth, but I also didn't know much about her, which I remedied pretty quickly...

I did a quick about-face after I learned about several of her positions. I don't hate her, but I'm not a big fan, either. I think she'll serve the purpose she was recruited for, though...

pitt
10-22-2008, 01:14 PM
I liked Palin then and I like her now.

revefsreleets
10-22-2008, 01:24 PM
YouTube video bashing Palin...only the right can attack, though, right?

(Warning, this is very anti-Palin and contains foul language...don't open if you're sensitive to these things...I thought it was funny but it's pretty mean-spirited all the same...and why do these lefties ALWAYS threaten to run to Canada, yet never do us a favor and actually follow-through with the empty threat???))

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=7DIc8jdra0o

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-22-2008, 09:52 PM
[QUOTE=Godfather;458579] I still think she was the best pick. McCain couldn't afford a pro-choice running mate like Lieberman, Rudy, or Ridge. [QUOTE]

Isn't it pathetic that Americans pick their president or "a big reason why" they choose to vote for someone is this single pro-choice issue???
I think there are bigger issues that a president should worry about when electing his/her vice president.

Godfather
10-22-2008, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE=Godfather;458579] I still think she was the best pick. McCain couldn't afford a pro-choice running mate like Lieberman, Rudy, or Ridge. [QUOTE]

Isn't it pathetic that Americans pick their president or "a big reason why" they choose to vote for someone is this single pro-choice issue???
I think there are bigger issues that a president should worry about when electing his/her vice president.

I agree. But the evangelicals already didn't care for McCain so he needed someone who could appeal to them. Otherwise Lieberman would have been the best pick.

Ridge would suck even if he were pro-life. He came up with the silly color code system and is so incompetent with money that he quit Homeland Security because he couldn't afford to send his kids to college on just $175K.

Rudy displayed good leadership on 9/11 but has a ton of personal baggage.

steelwall
10-22-2008, 10:23 PM
IMO abortion is wrong. So what??? It wont sway my vote. FWI, states can ban abortion if they choose....... Lets get to the real issues.

HometownGal
10-22-2008, 10:43 PM

I see nothing at all "pathetic" about respecting the lives of thousands upon thousands of innocent babies who are murdered every single year in this country . :doh:

Just think, BBFW - you may not be here posting this had your Mother decided to terminate her pregnancy when she learned she was expecting you.

What is really pathetic is this statement from your candidate which he made at a rally in Johnstown in May, 2008:

"When it comes specifically to HIV/AIDS, the most important prevention is education, which should include -- which should include abstinence education and teaching the children -- teaching children, you know, that sex is not something casual. But it should also include -- it should also include other, you know, information about contraception because, look, I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at the age of 16. You know, so it doesn't make sense to not give them information."

tony hipchest
10-22-2008, 10:59 PM
maybe the right should lighten up on all the people who need welfare to raise all these unaborted children.

steelwall
10-22-2008, 11:05 PM
maybe the right should lighten up on all the people who need welfare to raise all these unaborted children.

Yes we should all throw more money at the problem.......that will solve it:doh:

silver & black
10-23-2008, 06:47 PM
I like her. I admire her resolve. She's a straight shooter that tells it like it is, instead of flowery speach.

Preacher
10-23-2008, 07:09 PM
[quote=Godfather;458579] I still think she was the best pick. McCain couldn't afford a pro-choice running mate like Lieberman, Rudy, or Ridge. [quote]

Just as pathetic as the govt. voting to let states in the union two at a time to not upset the balance in the slavery issue in the 1800's.

I am sorry, but I find the destruction of 1 MILLION children a year a MAJOR issue. If a person doesn't have the morality and the guts to stand against that... how can I trust him or her to have the ability to stand against any other evil?

You wouldn't vote for a person that wanted to bring slavery back right? You wouldn't vote for a person that wanted to bring about genocide right?

In my world view (I am not going to argue the abortion issue again... I 'll link to it if you want)... abortion is the moral equivalent of both. So why would I vote for someone like that?

Preacher
10-23-2008, 07:11 PM

Money doesn't raise children. PARENTS raise children.

money is a means to an end, and i have no problem helping those who do it. But the system is VASTLY abused.

throwing more money at it is like pouring gas on a fire. It's not going to put the fire out.

revefsreleets
10-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Alright, time for me to balance myself out:

Adoption is the answer to probably 75% of the current abortions...carry the baby to term and give it up for adoption.

If you use abortion as birth control, well, I'm not going to judge, lest I be judged, but I expect if there is a Hell, people who use abortion as the back-end of birth control have a bottom tier of it especially reserved just for them.

Abortion should be legal, but rare...that was, is, and will always be my position.

Preacher
10-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Alright, time for me to balance myself out:

Adoption is the answer to probably 75% of the current abortions...carry the baby to term and give it up for adoption.

If you use abortion as birth control, well, I'm not going to judge, lest I be judged, but I expect if there is a Hell, people who use abortion as the back-end of birth control have a bottom tier of it especially reserved just for them.

Abortion should be legal, but rare...that was, is, and will always be my position.

I just have a hard time with that position... Isn't it the moral equivalent of slavery being safe, but rare.

Either it is a human life to be protected... or it is not a human life and it is absolutely ok.

With all respect rev (I know you are a thorough thinker on issues... please don't think I am discounting that), I just see that position as a bailout.

revefsreleets
10-23-2008, 09:19 PM
I just have a hard time with that position... Isn't it the moral equivalent of slavery being safe, but rare.

Either it is a human life to be protected... or it is not a human life and it is absolutely ok.

With all respect rev (I know you are a thorough thinker on issues... please don't think I am discounting that), I just see that position as a bailout.

Government should not be dictating personal policy in a free democratic society (and remember, I'm a Libertarian at heart), and if a woman is raped, or if tests show that the kid is going to be a horribly retarded mongoloid or worse, abortion is okay, as long as it's EARLY!

Legal. Rare.

And it's impossible for any of my positions to be "bailouts" because I don't abide by anyone else's dogma, don't answer to anyone else's moral codes, I'm a 100% freethinker.

Polamalu Princess
10-23-2008, 09:29 PM
All I can say is that she is on Fox right now - H&C and she is doing a great job.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-23-2008, 09:35 PM
[QUOTE=BIGBENFASTWILLIE;459058][QUOTE=Godfather;458579] I still think she was the best pick. McCain couldn't afford a pro-choice running mate like Lieberman, Rudy, or Ridge.

I see nothing at all "pathetic" about respecting the lives of thousands upon thousands of innocent babies who are murdered every single year in this country . :doh:

Just think, BBFW - you may not be here posting this had your Mother decided to terminate her pregnancy when she learned she was expecting [B]you.

What is really pathetic is this statement from your candidate which he made at a rally in Johnstown in May, 2008:

Hes saying that hes wants them educated about contraceptives.... Not like some of theres crazy people who dont even believ in wearing a condom.... They think "my kid wont do that"... then turns out and it happens....

Not saying its right or wrong......... But I do believe its a womans choice. I'm guessing if you were pregnant you would not get one....... however, i dont thin you have the right to tell someone they cant just because you believe differently.

cubanstogie
10-23-2008, 09:36 PM
All I can say is that she is on Fox right now - H&C and she is doing a great job.

I just caught the tale end on Hannity and douchebag. She brought up a great point, why does Ayer want to help Obama and kick off his career. Obama is indebted to a terroist if he wins. How will he pay him back. She also brought up great points about Biden. I didn't know Biden offered to run with McCain. I guess Obama was his second choice. Great interview from the small part I saw. I haven't seen that much honesty and actually answering questions from Biden, Obama or even McCain for that matter.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-23-2008, 09:37 PM
[quote=BIGBENFASTWILLIE;459058][quote=Godfather;458579] I still think she was the best pick. McCain couldn't afford a pro-choice running mate like Lieberman, Rudy, or Ridge.

Just as pathetic as the govt. voting to let states in the union two at a time to not upset the balance in the slavery issue in the 1800's.

I am sorry, but I find the destruction of 1 MILLION children a year a MAJOR issue. If a person doesn't have the morality and the guts to stand against that... how can I trust him or her to have the ability to stand against any other evil?

You wouldn't vote for a person that wanted to bring slavery back right? You wouldn't vote for a person that wanted to bring about genocide right?

In my world view (I am not going to argue the abortion issue again... I 'll link to it if you want)... abortion is the moral equivalent of both. So why would I vote for someone like that?

What give you the right to tell a woman what to do with her body....... Just because you think it is wrong????? I would not want to bring slavery back...... NO... but if you want to come work fro me for free........Thats your choice....

Polamalu Princess
10-23-2008, 09:39 PM
I just caught the tale end on Hannity and douchebag. She brought up a great point, why does Ayer want to help Obama and kick off his career. Obama is indebted to a terroist if he wins. How will he pay him back. She also brought up great points about Biden. I didn't know Biden offered to run with McCain. I guess Obama was his second choice. Great interview from the small part I saw. I haven't seen that much honesty and actually answering questions from Biden, Obama or even McCain for that matter.

How will he pay him back? Great point.

cubanstogie
10-23-2008, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=HometownGal;459095][QUOTE=BIGBENFASTWILLIE;459058][B]

Hes saying that hes wants them educated about contraceptives.... Not like some of theres crazy people who dont even believ in wearing a condom.... They think "my kid wont do that"... then turns out and it happens....

Not saying its right or wrong......... But I do believe its a womans choice. I'm guessing if you were pregnant you would not get one....... however, i dont thin you have the right to tell someone they cant just because you believe differently.

There has to be some kind of limits on abortion. Is it right for some woman to get 6 or 7 abortions on the states tab. If a woman is raped or the child has medical problems ok, other than that it sends a message to society that life is disposable. Kind of like letting a kid steal a candy bar because it is one dollar, then when they steal a car trying to explain it is wrong. Where do you draw the line. People need to be accountable for their actions plain and simple.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-23-2008, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=BIGBENFASTWILLIE;459552][QUOTE=HometownGal;459095]

There has to be some kind of limits on abortion. Is it right for some woman to get 6 or 7 abortions on the states tab. If a woman is raped or the child has medical problems ok, other than that it sends a message to society that life is disposable. Kind of like letting a kid steal a candy bar because it is one dollar, then when they steal a car trying to explain it is wrong. Where do you draw the line. People need to be accountable for their actions plain and simple.

No if a woman abuses the right to have an abortion... tie her freakin tubes or something. But i do believe education is the key with this issue....

Its not a topic that should make people vote for one candidate or another.....

cubanstogie
10-23-2008, 09:46 PM
andrea Tantaros is hot, wow she is on Hannity. she is kicking Colmes's ass right now. I love it.

GBMelBlount
10-23-2008, 09:52 PM
[QUOTE=cubanstogie;459556][QUOTE=BIGBENFASTWILLIE;459552]

No if a woman abuses the right to have an abortion... tie her freakin tubes or something. But i do believe education is the key with this issue....

Its (abortion) not a topic that should make people vote for one candidate or another.....

You just let me know how little you value life. And how little you respect those who value it the most. I know four people on this board who were adopted and I doubt a single one of them would agree with you. I certainly don't.

cubanstogie
10-23-2008, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=BIGBENFASTWILLIE;459559][QUOTE=cubanstogie;459556]

You just let me know how little you value life. And how little you respect those who value it the most. I know four people on this board who were adopted and I doubt a single one of them would agree with you. I certainly don't.
great post, It just shows you the morals of some people. Instead of helping a poor pregnant woman through a pregnancy financially and then getting the child into a good home, they would rather pay for an abortion. Same values as those protesting the man on death row when being executed instead of grieving the person the death row guy killed. Libs are alway sticking up for the wrong person.

cubanstogie
10-23-2008, 10:01 PM
I don't know why it showed that I posted that, it was GBmelblount. I agree GB.

Preacher
10-23-2008, 10:10 PM
[quote=Preacher;459461][quote=BIGBENFASTWILLIE;459058][b]

What give you the right to tell a woman what to do with her body....... Just because you think it is wrong????? I would not want to bring slavery back...... NO... but if you want to come work fro me for free........Thats your choice....

What gave some people the right to tell others what to do with their property in the mid 1800's? The answer is the realization that the "property" was actually human life and as such, trumped any "rights" of the property holder.

What gives me the right? The realization that it is a LIFE in the womb and that life trumps any other rights... until we get into a position of life for life, at which point both morally and legally, no argument can be made against abortion.

Polamalu Princess
10-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Abortion – I have some things to say about it, but I will save it for later. Actually, I have A LOT to say… Maybe a new topic – some day…

HometownGal
10-23-2008, 11:15 PM
What give you the right to tell a woman what to do with her body.......

With all of the contraceptive devices available today (and most are over the counter), there is absolutely NO excuse (other than in the case of a female who is raped) for an unwanted pregnancy. What gives anyone the right to take the life of an innocent baby (or fetus)? Have you ever watched an abortion video to see how it is done? It is brutal. An aborted child/fetus doesn't ask to be conceived and in most cases was conceived by carelessness.

TroysBadDawg
10-23-2008, 11:24 PM
I had tickets to go and hear her speak in person today, but my health and bad news kept me away.

I think she could be the best thing that happened to this country, She tells it like it is and some don't like that. They want things candy coated.

Godfather
10-24-2008, 10:54 AM
[QUOTE=Preacher;459461][quote=BIGBENFASTWILLIE;459058][B]

Oh--just for the record that wasn't my quote, it was someone quoting my quote and something got thrown off.

Abortion involves somebody being killed. That's a long way from telling someone what to do with her body. I don't support criminalizing birth control because while I believe that's also wrong, it's her body and her choice. Abortion involves someone else's body.

xfl2001fan
10-24-2008, 11:50 AM

What gives that woman the right to say what is to be done with the body of an innocent baby/fetus?

The point that you are clearly missing is that it's not just her body. Yes, it's unfortunate what a woman must endure to have a child. However, this is about protecting the only truly innocent life in this equation.

Slavery vs abortion is about as stupid a comparison as you could come up with. If you're going to make the comparison, then the slave owner is the pregnant woman. The one who is responsible for the health and welfare of her slave (fetus) who has no option in regards to the food and care it gets. She can treat that baby like shit and what of it? She can kill it and what of it? Or she can choose to take care of it while it is her responsibily and "free it" (aka Adoption) at a later date.

So spare us your rediculous arguments when it's clear your viewpoint is much closer to those who would prefer slavery.

Godfather
10-24-2008, 07:31 PM
[QUOTE=GBMelBlount;459562][QUOTE=BIGBENFASTWILLIE;459559]
great post, It just shows you the morals of some people. Instead of helping a poor pregnant woman through a pregnancy financially and then getting the child into a good home, they would rather pay for an abortion. Same values as those protesting the man on death row when being executed instead of grieving the person the death row guy killed. Libs are alway sticking up for the wrong person.

Actually, it's not the same values. Consistency would be maintaining the position that it's not our place to determine who lives and who dies, whether it be a fetus, a condemned prisoner, or a terminally ill patient.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-25-2008, 01:13 AM
[QUOTE=cubanstogie;459567][QUOTE=GBMelBlount;459562]

Actually, it's not the same values. Consistency would be maintaining the position that it's not our place to determine who lives and who dies, whether it be a fetus, a condemned prisoner, or a terminally ill patient.

Again, I dont believe abortion is right, but I will not let an issue like this sway my vote one way or another.

Preacher
10-25-2008, 03:15 AM
[quote=Godfather;460070][quote=cubanstogie;459567]

Again, I dont believe abortion is right, but I will not let an issue like this sway my vote one way or another.

I have a hard time understanding that personally. If you see a human being being hurt, mugged, etc. etc., then you help him. I could no more vote for a person that supports abortion as I could someone that supported slavery or eugenics.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Okay

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-25-2008, 11:03 AM
[quote=BIGBENFASTWILLIE;460189][quote=Godfather;460070]

I have a hard time understanding that personally. If you see a human being being hurt, mugged, etc. etc., then you help him. I could no more vote for a person that supports abortion as I could someone that supported slavery or eugenics.

So, you would take the "lesser" candidate based simply on his or her beliefs on abortion?

HometownGal
10-25-2008, 11:47 AM
[QUOTE=Preacher;460214][quote=BIGBENFASTWILLIE;460189]

So, you would take the "lesser" candidate based simply on his or her beliefs on abortion?

I know your question was directed to Godfather, but I wanted to express my thoughts with regard to that question.

While being pro-life is a huge issue for me when supporting a candidate, it is not the only issue. If Obama was pro-life, I still would not support him for a whole helluva a lot of other reasons which I've addressed on this board in prior threads. Character is very important to me when choosing a candidate and in this election, I find the character of J-Mac to far surprass that of Obama. I also don't believe in this election J-Mac is the "lesser" of the two candidates. He is far more experienced at the senatorial and governmental levels, brings a hard ass 'tude to the table in dealing with terrorists (a huge priority for me), has been there done that with regard to his military service which is a huge asset in where we go from here in Iraq and I believe he brings a realistic approach to assessing and attempting to fix all of the problems with regard to the economic, health care, education and immigration issues.

Your question is a little pointed BBFW, so it is difficult to answer it one way or the other, but I thank you for posing it. :drink: