PDA

View Full Version : Hey, we stopped Chad!

TasmanianTroy271
12-04-2005, 09:28 PM
He didnt even get close to doing his TD dance. Ike was on him like the gold on Chad's teeth. We'll never know how he was gonna "Iron out" his problems in the "Steel City". Now we know for sure who covered 85 in '05.

5 receptions for 54 yards, the longest being 19. Case Closed.

jtdapit
12-04-2005, 09:34 PM
i agree it would have been embarasing for chad to do that.

Prosdo
12-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Ike did a good job today. Wtg Ike!

Koopa
12-04-2005, 10:09 PM
damn ike is really the only corner to shut down chad twice........ i'm kinda getting scared cause he might demand a big pay check and some other team might be willing to over pay him. hopefully he remembers who was loyal to him and never gave up on him while he was struggling to come into his own

Who-Dey1
12-04-2005, 10:36 PM
Im not here to troll.Yes,Ike shut him down,Chad has said in statments how good he was.I though it was a damn good game.Big Ben was awsome for the shape he was in.Killing us with screens,because they where always expecting the run.TJ Houshmandzadeh on the other hand,had one hell of a game.Ward made some great catches,even though he did the Icky Shuffle.Ill forgive him because of the outcome.Good luck Steelers.:smile:

chumley
12-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Besides the first pass against Indy last week, Ike is coming up big in the big games. Steelers secondary is one of the best up and coming in this league.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Pick ur poison,either you shut Chad down or TJ. We'll take our chances making sure johnson doesnt have a big game every time..but TJ was on fire today, there is no doubt.

Go_Cats
12-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Totally disagree. If TJ Alphabet and Chris Henry hadnt of voltured so many catches, CJ would have done his TD celebration.

Iron City Hangover
12-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Yep. So shut down that he made clutch catches on third down. Oh well. At least you kept Rudi Johnson to 98 yards rushing.:rolleyes:

bengalsfan21
12-04-2005, 11:15 PM
I just didn't get why the Steelers doubled Chad and Chris Henry but left TJ in single coverage.

Iron City Hangover
12-04-2005, 11:21 PM
I just didn't get why the Steelers doubled Chad and Chris Henry but left TJ in single coverage.
Coaching perhaps. Does it surprise you that Dick LeBeau coached pitiful Bengal teams with the same strategy? Or that Cowher was just an assistant with the joke 'n' choke Browns? Pittsburgh needs a new staff if they want to ever consider winning one for the thumb.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-04-2005, 11:48 PM
taylor did a good job shutting down johnson......if we do not keep him it will be a big mistake and a big hole in our defense.......he is young and turning inot a grat corner.
He shut down one of the best wide receivers in the leage twice this year.......henry and TJ got so many catches because chad was covered all game......

orwell
12-04-2005, 11:58 PM
"5 receptions for 54 yards, the longest being 19. Case Closed."

Houshmandzadeh - 5 catches for 88 yards, the longest being 43, 2 TDs. Case closed.

Don't take too much heart in having stopped the gold-toothed wonder, since the resources devoted to ensuring he wouldn't defile the beloved black-and-gold end zone seemed to have freed up some space for other Bengals receivers.

TasmanianTroy271
12-05-2005, 01:28 AM
"5 receptions for 54 yards, the longest being 19. Case Closed."

Houshmandzadeh - 5 catches for 88 yards, the longest being 43, 2 TDs. Case closed.

Don't take too much heart in having stopped the gold-toothed wonder, since the resources devoted to ensuring he wouldn't defile the beloved black-and-gold end zone seemed to have freed up some space for other Bengals receivers.

Wow, I missed the memo when shutting down Chad Johnson, Mr. "who can cover 85 in '05" became shutting down the whole WR core. Maybe by covering CJ we opened it up for Rudi Johnson! NO WAIT! Maybe since we covered Chad Johnson, that contributed to you punting the ball to us on occasion, which led to Ben throwing the ball, and then you guys intercepted it! Thanks to Chad Johnson, you guys got 3+ interceptions! Chad Johnson is the reason your Defense is so good! wow...

tony hipchest
12-05-2005, 01:36 AM
minus 1 play in which the defender was plastered to housh, he was contained pretty well. he just had one hell of a game and didnt drop anything. i was kinda suprised the bengals let hines get open for 3 td even though he only caught 2 and dropped one.

Iron City Hangover
12-05-2005, 02:24 AM
Wow, I missed the memo when shutting down Chad Johnson, Mr. "who can cover 85 in '05" became shutting down the whole WR core. Maybe by covering CJ we opened it up for Rudi Johnson! NO WAIT! Maybe since we covered Chad Johnson, that contributed to you punting the ball to us on occasion, which led to Ben throwing the ball, and then you guys intercepted it! Thanks to Chad Johnson, you guys got 3+ interceptions! Chad Johnson is the reason your Defense is so good! wow...
De Nile is in Egypt not Pennsylvania.

BengalBrian
12-05-2005, 02:41 AM
Chad had 11 passes thrown to him... He was covered well.. He only ended up with 5 catches, but 2 of the 6 incompletions included the long pass that chad caught but lost when he hit the ground, and another where he bobbled it. But the days of Doubling chad are coming to an end... Dont consider stopping Chad a victory... In fact... Dont think you stopped him at all..

5 catches for 54 yards still... That is far from shutdown... And on the 4 incompletions broken up by your D, 3 of them he was doubled...

We have 3 recieving threats you need to shut down to beat us now.

BB2W
12-05-2005, 10:08 AM
He was shut down... again. :busted:

He has clearly met his match... Ike has been able to bottle him up twice now, while most of the NFL can't keep him out of the end-zone or below 100 yards... Ike has done both two games in a row.

I don't think this is what Chad had in mind when he said he had some stuff to iron out. :rolleyes:

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Chad was used as a decoy at points in this game. I saw at least 2 occasions where deep coverage peeled off to help double Johnson leaving the underneath guy open...one advantage to being at the game and seeing the whole field in realtime.

A little more pass rush would have made all the difference. Also, Colclough dropped Carson Palmer's pass to him, which somehow ended up being a TJ TD.

Outside of laying the ball down 4 times and the 3 INT's, this was still a very winnable game. There were a few key plays that made all the difference.

The "non-call" fumble early in the 1st on the punt (Called down by contact and can't be challenged). We'd have had the ball on like the Bengals 10.

Ward's dropped TD pass.

The aforementioned long TD pass which is still amazing me this morning how Colclough let's TJ just take the ball away like that.

The Steelers needed to make plays, came up short, failed to execute, and committed too many TO's to win, but, still could have won this game.

Very disappointing loss.

BB2W
12-05-2005, 11:49 AM
The aforementioned long TD pass which is still amazing me this morning how Colclough let's TJ just take the ball away like that.
That was such a stupid play... he has almost no chance to catch that ball. He touched it for a second but TJ pretty much had position and took it easily. Colclough has to knock that ball down...

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 12:17 PM
That's not how it looked on the Jumbotron. After TJ committed offensive pass interference and pushed Ricrado in the back, RC recovered and it looked like the ball was thrown right to Colclough, and TJ took it out of his hands.

Even Cowher said "He has got to make a play on that ball".

Regardless, that should have been picked or knocked down, and NOT a TD.

BigCat
12-05-2005, 02:07 PM
You guys are aware of the fact that Chad sat out for more than a quarter of the game. You remember, right after one of your fat defensive lineman rolled his ankle going out of bounds.
Just take the lost with dignity and stop trying to look for moral victories. Because there aren't any.

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 02:15 PM
We're just not as comfortable with or as used to losing as some other teams in our division...

And keeping that jackass out of the endzone is the very definition of a moral victory.

Iron City Hangover
12-05-2005, 02:25 PM
We're just not as comfortable with or as used to losing as some other teams in our division...

And keeping that jackass out of the endzone is the very definition of a moral victory.
I do recall that there was a jackass in the end zone, Hines did score a TD. :funny:

Until anyone can keep Chad Johnson from catching a single pass, he's still the top receiver in the AFC. Statistics don't lie.

tony hipchest
12-05-2005, 02:51 PM
You guys are aware of the fact that Chad sat out for more than a quarter of the game. You remember, right after one of your fat defensive lineman rolled his ankle going out of bounds.
Just take the lost with dignity and stop trying to look for moral victories. Because there aren't any. you need to quit crying about your prescious receiver, carrot top, getting a boo-boo while playing a game of football. and stop coming to a steelers forum and telling its members what to discuss. otherwise you can take your win with dignity and make like a johnson and beat it.

tony hipchest
12-05-2005, 02:57 PM
I do recall that there was a jackass in the end zone, Hines did score a TD. :funny:

Until anyone can keep Chad Johnson from catching a single pass, he's still the top receiver in the AFC. Statistics don't lie.

kinda like touchdowns dont lie? hines > chad. but lemme guess, when you say "top" wr i will assume youre not offering opinion cause everything you say is fact and only yards and receptions matter in your version of the term "top" right? i guess the rest of the nfl fanbase will just have to accept that then.:bouncy:

clevestinks
12-05-2005, 06:46 PM
I would have rather won, and had Chad dance! Fact is we lost! Maybe we were to worried about Chad

Stlrs4Life
12-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Totally disagree. If TJ Alphabet and Chris Henry hadnt of voltured so many catches, CJ would have done his TD celebration.

????????? You never know. It's not a given that CJ gets an automatic TD?

tony hipchest
12-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Maybe we were to worried about Chad the offense or special teams werent worried about chad. they gave the bengals EXCELLENT starting position on just about every drive. look at what the colts did after the steelers gave them excellent field position after a failed onside kick.

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 09:23 PM
I would have rather won, and had Chad dance! Fact is we lost! Maybe we were to worried about Chad

Troy paid him too much attention and respect. I saw him peel off the short reciever at least a couple of times to leave the underneath guy open.

Stlrs4Life
12-05-2005, 10:26 PM

I can't believe Bengal fans take the cake when talking crap! I always assumed it was Browns fans that owned that! Not even catch a ball? R U that stupid?

SteelCityMan786
12-05-2005, 11:09 PM
At least we didn't see Chad Pigson from scoring a Touchdown. Hines Would have Mocked Chad By Doing Riverdance.

Iron City Hangover
12-06-2005, 05:47 PM
R U that stupid?
You must accel at developing acronyms and enjoy playing with words.

Let me guess your next one:

O U 8 1 2.

I am Sofa King We Todd It.

:rolleyes: Next!

CantStop85
12-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Shut down chad all you want...you're just letting TJ and Henry get open.

I don't think any Bengal fans care who catches the ball, as long as we're getting completions (not to mention a W).

Maybe next time you should focus on shutting down Carson Palmer, the quarterback, instead of one receiver...if I'm not mistaken, his rating was over 100 and he had no interceptions. We're talking about the rightful MVP of the league here.

Suitanim
12-06-2005, 09:16 PM
Carson Palmer as League MVP? Holy shit guy, there's just no chance of that.

Manning has this thing signed sealed and delivered, worthy or not. Bank on it. I think Brady has the best #'s of all the QB's, but that Pats suck this year, so forget that. It's gonna be all about the record, and the Colts are gonna win 14-15 games this year, minimum.

tony hipchest
12-06-2005, 09:39 PM
if brady wasnt throwing 4 int in a game (just cause he got hit in the 1st quarter) and was leading his team with a 9-3 record and a strong march into the playoffs, as advertised, i would consider his numbers. s. alexander couldve broke year long and single game records records and put up 6-8 tds last night if left in the game. tomlinson could easilly cary his team into the playoffs. he carried his team long before gates and brees arrived. he makes them better, not vice versa.

i think alexander gets it and manning is 2nd (hes an overpaid offensive qb who is young and can throw the hell out of a ball) definitely valuable. i wonder how manning and m. faulk wouldve been if they played together in their prime.