PDA

View Full Version : McFadden's arm in cast

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-22-2008, 03:35 AM
McFadden's arm in cast
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cornerback Bryant McFadden will be in a cast for three weeks after breaking his right forearm in last Sunday's 38-10 win over the Bengals. McFadden, who got hurt while trying to tackle Bengals running back Cedric Benson, had surgery Monday. McFadden had started the Steelers' previous five games after taking over for Deshea Townsend at right cornerback. Townsend is still nursing a heel contusion, but he is expected to start Sunday against the Giants.

Running back Willie Parker (knee) and nose tackle Casey Hampton (groin) will practice today, and each are expected to play Sunday. Both have missed the Steelers' past three games because of injuries. Left tackle Marvel Smith is "recovering nicely," coach Mike Tomlin said, from the back spasms that kept him out of last Sunday's game. The Steelers are optimistic he will play Sunday. Fullback Carey Davis (ankle) and wide receiver Dallas Baker (shoulder) are also expected to return Sunday.

Wide receiver Hines Ward will not be fined for a block that broke Bengals linebacker Keith Rivers' jaw, an NFL spokesman said yesterday. Ward flattened Rivers, who is likely out for the rest of the season, while blocking after a Matt Spaeth reception. Tomlin got testy yesterday when asked about it. "It was a legal block," Tomlin said. "The guy was getting ready to make the tackle. I think we're making too much out of this. Next question."

Digits

1=Giants' NFL rank in rushing.

169.7=Giants' rushing yards per game this season.

Galax Steeler
10-22-2008, 03:59 AM
I hope Townsend hasn't forgot how to play we need all of our guys playing there best come sunday we need to get pressure on Manning and force him into mistakes.

SteelMember
10-22-2008, 08:10 AM
What happened to guys playing with casts on? New rule for weaponry. :noidea:

steelpride12
10-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Just have to rally around Townsend and hope he plays well.

lilyoder6
10-22-2008, 10:28 AM
well with the situation that happened to roy williams who re-broke his fore-arm on sun.. i wouldn't want 2 lose mcfadden for the whole yr.. deshea started at the beginning of the yr so he should be able to hold his ground..