PDA

View Full Version : can we win 4 games?

jtdapit
12-04-2005, 09:42 PM
im curious on what everyone thinks about the remainding season. will we lose any or win them all?

Koopa
12-04-2005, 09:47 PM
there are two big games, one next week agains the bears, and then the vikings now that the player that should've been traded is broken they are really starting to pick it up.......i say we win both but they are gonna be scary games, the other two lions and browns, bah on both of them. so i say we win all 4 and sneak into the playoffs. and if bengals get the third seed i think we'll play them again over there which will be badass payback

Rush58
12-04-2005, 09:47 PM
It's hard to say. If we were developing Ben early in the season, I would say yes, but since we haven't, I'm not sure. Every game is up for grabs when we play "smashmouth" football. However, if we continue to do what we did today (which is pass the ball and develop the qb) teams will have a hard time beating us.

TasmanianTroy271
12-04-2005, 09:49 PM
For the Bears, I think we should beat them. It'll be a low scoring game, a defensive struggle, but since our Offense is so much better than theirs, I think we'll win in the end. Unless our D shuts down and they score points with theirs, we'll lose.

For the Vikes, I dunno, that ones a toss up. We should be able to beat them, but I have no logical reasoning behind it.

jtdapit
12-04-2005, 09:52 PM
i agree i think we did a great job throwing the ball, minus the interceptions. Truthfully i think we will win chicago and detroit. but minnesota looks tough and cleveland will be looking for this win, their already out of the playoffs, so their gonna throw everything at us!

Prosdo
12-04-2005, 09:56 PM
Definitely can do it. The stupid mistakes can't happen though.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2005, 10:56 PM
We HAVE to win out if we expect to do anything in the playoffs. Right now we're effectively fighting for the top wild card spot unless a miracle happens in the AFC right now.. Sure we can do it, we can hang w/ the best teams in the league, but we need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot.

jtdapit
12-05-2005, 07:19 AM
well cinnci might lose two games, theyre are good chances Kansas city might win and hopefully buffalo,detroit or cleveland come with an upset. you never know.

steelersgirl86
12-05-2005, 08:56 AM
We can do it....it might be a struggle but we can do it....:boxing:

sweetness34
12-05-2005, 11:17 AM
You guys should fear the bears more than the vikings. The only winning team the vikes have beat was the Giants, and they handed the game to them. Besides the giants their last 5 wins have come against a 2-10 twice, and three 4-8 teams. Even the anemic bears offense scored 28 on the vikes. In their 5 losses(all to teams with winning records) they've been outscored 157-47.

tony hipchest
12-05-2005, 11:27 AM
You guys should fear the bears more than the vikings. The only winning team the vikes have beat was the Giants, and they handed the game to them. Besides the giants their last 5 wins have come against a 2-10 twice, and three 4-8 teams. Even the anemic bears offense scored 28 on the vikes. In their 5 losses(all to teams with winning records) they've been outscored 157-47.

i think the bears will be a much more formidable opponent. although id rather have the vikings in our house and play the bears at soldier field.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Yes, you guys have a very good defense,but I think our offense is capable of putting up the required 20 points to beat you. I dont see your offense scoring more than ten against our defense.

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 04:42 PM
Of course we can win them all! Will we? Who knows?

But if we execute and don't turn the ball over, we will win all 4...

Ambridge
12-05-2005, 05:23 PM
I believe the Steelers go 3-1 down the home stretch.

Chicago-L
Minnesota-W
Cleveland-W
Detroit-W

BritishSteel
12-05-2005, 05:39 PM

I do - The Bears game is the crucial one - lose and it probably won't matter what happens with the Vikings - one thing's for sure, if we toss it up in the way we did Sunday, the Bears will beat us. If we can stop the turnovers and penalties we ought to have too much for a very tough but offensively limited Bears team.

Who wouldn't take The Bengals at their place in a play-off game on the back of a 4-game streak right now?

Eztarget
12-05-2005, 06:07 PM
Yes we can win the next 4 games (Next week is going to be tough). But even if we win all 4 games it's still no guarantee.

Right now Jacksonville, KC, and SD are all ahead of us. Jax holds the head to head tie-breaker against us, we hold it over SD. We need KC, and SD to lose at least ONE game to get hold of our own destiny again.

Sad thing is we might go 11-5 and still not get in and have the Patriots get in as the #4 seed at 8-8, or 9-7 which would suck ass!

We just have to win out our games to get into a rhythm going into a playoff road game against either Cincy, or NE (which would be nice to pay both those teams back with a playoff spanking in their barn).

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-05-2005, 06:23 PM
KC plays The Bolts at KC week 15 so there is a loss for one of them. And trust me the Pats are'nt going to be 8-8,or 9-9 look at who they have left. Jets, Fins, Bills, and the Bucs in N.E.

sweetness34
12-05-2005, 06:29 PM
[/URL]Yes, you guys have a very good defense,but I think our offense is capable of putting up the required 20 points to beat you. I dont see your offense scoring more than ten against our defense.

The fans of the last 8 teams we've played all thought they would put up 20+ points on our defense too. Those 8 teams combined for 68 points(5 td's and 11 fg's). Here's an article you might want to read:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&page=morning13

Is your o-line really that bad? If so Big Ben will need a big bandaid. Here's what favre said after the game:

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre didn't have to say much after Sunday's game as the cast on his on right arm spoke volumes, but Favre wanted to make a point about the Bears defense.

''They're good,'' Favre said after the Bears' 19-7 victory. ''They're damn good.''

Favre came into the post-game interview with his right arm in a cast from his knuckles to his forearm after hitting a helmet or facemask of a defender in the third quarter.

''This probably looks worse [than it is], but there's a knot ... on my forearm,'' said Favre, who added that he believes he got beaten up in Sunday's game more than in any other this season.

''I have a huge blister on my left foot and I got kicked in the right shin,'' he said. ''Mike Brown caught me one time perfect in the ribs. It's [the kind of hit defenders] live for. I also got hit and fell on my head and that kind of dinged me a little bit. I got hit in the back late in the game. You kind of find out how tough you are after games like this.''

clevestinks
12-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Can we? I hope, this used to be an easy answer, now?????
The good thing is the Bengals arent really better than us, we split with them and had ample oppurtunities to win that game.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-05-2005, 06:59 PM
[/URL]

The fans of the last 8 teams we've played all thought they would put up 20+ points on our defense too. Those 8 teams combined for 68 points(5 td's and 11 fg's). Here's an article you might want to read:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&page=morning13

Is your o-line really that bad? If so Big Ben will need a big bandaid. Here's what favre said after the game:

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre didn't have to say much after Sunday's game as the cast on his on right arm spoke volumes, but Favre wanted to make a point about the Bears defense.

''They're good,'' Favre said after the Bears' 19-7 victory. ''They're damn good.''

Favre came into the post-game interview with his right arm in a cast from his knuckles to his forearm after hitting a helmet or facemask of a defender in the third quarter.

''This probably looks worse [than it is], but there's a knot ... on my forearm,'' said Favre, who added that he believes he got beaten up in Sunday's game more than in any other this season.

''I have a huge blister on my left foot and I got kicked in the right shin,'' he said. ''Mike Brown caught me one time perfect in the ribs. It's [the kind of hit defenders] live for. I also got hit and fell on my head and that kind of dinged me a little bit. I got hit in the back late in the game. You kind of find out how tough you are after games like this.''You mean The Packers, Niners ,Saints, Lions,Ravens, Bucs ???? Come on!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2005, 07:05 PM
This game will probably be close throughout the whole first half..but the way the bears offense is playing, its not very good to say the least, so they're gonna mainly rely on the defense to create turnovers. The ST isnt very good either these days.. so as long as we take care of the ball we should win this game..

But lately taking care of the ball has been a struggle.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Can we? I hope, this used to be an easy answer, now?????
The good thing is the Bengals arent really better than us, we split with them and had ample oppurtunities to win that game.
I don't think that any team that we lost to,except Indy, is really better than us. We just need to cut the shit and play Steeler football.

SteelCurtain
12-05-2005, 08:01 PM
I don't think that any team that we lost to,except Indy, is really better than us. We just need to cut the shit and play Steeler football.

right on the money, if we were a healthy team and were playing at the level that we have shown we are capable of we would only have two losses, pats and colts...throughout all the bonehead shit that has happened this year we have still hung with every team no matter how bad the performance was we were still in it and we all know there are a couple games that if a division 2 college quarterback was in there instead of maddox we would have had a W

Stlrs4Life
12-05-2005, 08:52 PM
I believe we can. But no longer are any of the games are going to be easy wins.

sweetness34
12-05-2005, 09:48 PM
You mean The Packers, Niners ,Saints, Lions,Ravens, Bucs ???? Come on!

Nice way to make your team look bad. The packers and saints have higher ranked offenses than you.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Nice way to make your team look bad. The packers and saints have higher ranked offenses than you.
Correct me if I'm wrong ,but I believe they play in the NFC. Plus we beat the Pack!

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong ,but I believe they play in the NFC. Plus we beat the Pack!

We beat the Pack with Tommy Maddox! That's like Rocky beating Ivan Drago with an injured knee and broken hand...

SteelCityMan786
12-05-2005, 10:40 PM
We Can And Will Win Out.

Rotorhead
12-06-2005, 02:26 AM
I think the Bears are 1 season, possibly 2 seasons away from a superbowl contender. The def is good enough, but you still need some work on the Off. I have always liked the Bears cause they play the same style of hard hitting play as the Steelers. I just think we are the better team for this game and should win it as long as we dont shoot ourselves in the foot (which seems to be a recurring theme lately). I think the last game we played a full game to our potential was against the Chargers. I hope in the next 4 wins, we can get back to that level of play going into the playoffs.

KC_Steeler
12-06-2005, 02:45 PM

The reason the saints and pack have higher ranked offenses than the steelers is because the play from behind every game...not to hard to rack up yards against a prevent defense.

And I don't think you want to compare the Bears offense to the steelers do you?

Bears 5th worst in the NFL...and you play in the NFC

The bears have the best Defense in the NFL I will give you that...but they are not good enough to beat the Steelers...the only way we lose that game is if we beat ourself.

sweetness34
12-06-2005, 04:49 PM
The reason the saints and pack have higher ranked offenses than the steelers is because the play from behind every game...not to hard to rack up yards against a prevent defense.

And I don't think you want to compare the Bears offense to the steelers do you?

Bears 5th worst in the NFL...and you play in the NFC

The bears have the best Defense in the NFL I will give you that...but they are not good enough to beat the Steelers...the only way we lose that game is if we beat ourself.

Let me guess the steelers should be 12-0, but they beat themselves 5 times? The bears offense is better than it looks. We're terrible at passing, so we see 8 in the box a lot to stop the run. Thing is we still have the 5th ranked rushing offense. The best thing about our offense is we don't have to play against our defense. The steelers have better receivers and a better QB, but the bears offensive line is one is one of the best. If your offensive line plays as bad as it has the last 3 weeks... Sunday night you guys will be crying about how the steelers beat themselves 6 times.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Not 12-0 ,but 9-3. It will be a good game, a defensive battle with the better team prevailing. Steelers 16 da Bears 10

SteelCityMan786
12-06-2005, 06:34 PM
The Steelers Are Gonna Rise From the Dead. It's Time To Win Another game and get on track to at least a wild card.

steelcurtain101
12-06-2005, 10:13 PM
i believe that the only way we ever have a chance of losing is when Ben is hurt somehow or maddox plays lol otherwise we can beat anybody just cant make dumb mistakes and onside kicks when your losing in the second half wtf? :banging:

rowedf
12-06-2005, 10:22 PM
It's hard to say. If we were developing Ben early in the season, I would say yes, but since we haven't, I'm not sure. Every game is up for grabs when we play "smashmouth" football. However, if we continue to do what we did today (which is pass the ball and develop the qb) teams will have a hard time beating us.

This makes no sense at all to me. The Steelers SHOULD play smash mouth football, who are you kidding? Let's see the first 9 games, we played what????? Steeler ball, right? 7-2 not that bad eh?? We loose our quarterback, loose a few other key players, and drop to 7-5. We won early on by playing steeler ball with Ben and we can win that way still. The ONE game this year he comes out and throws 30+ times throws for nearly 400 yards.....and WE LOOSE, and your suggesting we should have done that more early in the season....that makes no sense whatsoever!!!