PDA

View Full Version : The Game Will Be Won In The Trenches

JShockey
10-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Pittsburgh's O-line has struggled to protect Ben Roethlisberger this season, giving up the sixth-most sacks in the league.

This could be a prime opportunity for the Giants' pass rush to make some noise, like it did last week with six sacks against the 49ers, whose offensive line had given up a league-high number of sacks entering the game.

I know Pitt has a very good D, but they are banged up...

The Giants line is as solid as they come...

It should be fun. :tt03:

fansince'76
10-22-2008, 08:58 AM
Giants haven't faced a pass rush or a defense as good the Steelers' yet. Yep, it should be fun.

JShockey
10-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Giants haven't faced a pass rush or a defense as good the Steelers' yet. Yep, it should be fun.

The Giants line has been together a long time & does very well against the pass rush.

They face Philly, Dallas & the Skins twice a year...

They're also paving the way for the best rudhing attack in the league, just like last year...

The line is the least of my worries. :wave:

fansince'76
10-22-2008, 09:14 AM
The Giants line has been together a long time & does very well against the pass rush.

They're also paving the way for the best rudhing attack in the league, just like last year...

Are Philly, Dallas and the Skins leading the league in sacks? Yeah, didn't think so....

JShockey
10-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Are Philly, Dallas and the Skins leading the league in sacks? Yeah, didn't think so....

No they're not...

My point was that the Giants have a solid O-Line that faces pretty good pash rushes all the time...

I'm sure Pitt will get theirs, just like the Giants, #2 in the league in sacks :drink:

XxKnightxX
10-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Problem is....they havent faced the eagles or the cowboys yet. Should be a hell of a game, all my buddies are talking trash to me since im a jersey steeler fan haha.

fansince'76
10-22-2008, 10:03 AM
No they're not...

My point was that the Giants have a solid O-Line that faces pretty good pash rushes all the time...

I'm sure Pitt will get theirs, just like the Giants, #2 in the league in sacks :drink:

Fair enough - it's definitely the game of the week on paper, at least. :drink:

steelpride12
10-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Thats why they play the game. You know all week long the Steelers will be working on the no huddle which will tire out the D line of the Giants, and spread them out on three and four wide receiver sets.

JShockey
10-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Problem is....they havent faced the eagles or the cowboys yet. Should be a hell of a game, all my buddies are talking trash to me since im a jersey steeler fan haha.

No they haven't...

They know those guys pretty well...

Tough week for you. :rofl:

JShockey
10-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Thats why they play the game. You know all week long the Steelers will be working on the no huddle which will tire out the D line of the Giants, and spread them out on three and four wide receiver sets.

The past few weeks, the quick hit slant routes have hurt the Giants...

The same goes for Eli & Co. They work much better in the hurry-up...

Looking forward to Sunday.:tt03:

JShockey
10-22-2008, 11:56 AM

All true...

I need to hurry home from the Halloween party at my country club to catch the game...

:excited:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-22-2008, 12:01 PM

Which means they will be broadcasting the Seahawks/49ers game here.

JShockey
10-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Which means they will be broadcasting the Seahawks/49ers game here.

Really?

That's not right... :banging:

The Duke
10-22-2008, 03:15 PM
The past few weeks, the quick hit slant routes have hurt the Giants...

Quick slant routes? that sounds like a big game for santonio holmes :tt03:

I'm certainly not worried about the giants offense too much( unless they put tyree on the field :hatsoff:) , just pressure manning and they'll be stopped. the dline can easily take care of jacobs, especially with the great rotation they have been using and a fresh Hampton coming back

Just protect Ben!! giants pass rush is crazy, even without Osi U.

Preacher
10-22-2008, 03:18 PM
This WILL be a good test for our O line.

I look forward to seeing if they are up for the challenge. If they are, then I say we don't mess with the line for the rest of the year.

Makaveli
10-22-2008, 04:15 PM
One of the most important factors for us this game will be our ability to generate a considerable pass rush.(IMO). As Plex and their receiving corps could make it a VERY long day for Taylor and Townsend if Manning has time to throw.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-22-2008, 04:53 PM
The Cleveland Browns showed how beatable the Giants are, so I am not shaking in my steel toe boots about this game one bit.

7/39/43
10-22-2008, 08:09 PM
I think the game will be won by the Linebacker crew #92, #56 , #94 playing a new game called
"MEET ME AT THE QUARTERBACK!"
PERIOD ENOUGH SAID!

7/39/43
10-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Another thing
Burris will get his Azz whipped
I am sure Troy will level him
Eli will be hurting IF he finishes the game
Willie will break it out for 135
Hines will be fined for a mysterious hit
Ben well 21 0f 37 for 287yds 3 TD's 0 int's

NJarhead
10-22-2008, 08:20 PM

This WILL be a good test for our O line.

I look forward to seeing if they are up for the challenge. If they are, then I say we don't mess with the line for the rest of the year.

lol. I really wasn't ready to see them tested yet. But, trial by fire is how Ben did it so...

steelwall
10-22-2008, 08:27 PM
The Cleveland Browns showed how beatable the Giants are, so I am not shaking in my steel toe boots about this game one bit.

Oh so true,,,,,,,,

Stlrs4Life
10-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Pittsburgh's O-line has struggled to protect Ben Roethlisberger this season, giving up the sixth-most sacks in the league.

This could be a prime opportunity for the Giants' pass rush to make some noise, like it did last week with six sacks against the 49ers, whose offensive line had given up a league-high number of sacks entering the game.

I know Pitt has a very good D, but they are banged up...

The Giants line is as solid as they come...

It should be fun. :tt03:

Our OL has been improving the past couple of games.

Giants haven't faced the LBers that they are going to see on Sunday.

And this is the same team that got thrashed by the Browns on MNF. The Giants really haven't played anybody yet.

lilyoder6
10-22-2008, 08:36 PM
the steelers should look at the mn game.. it showed a lot of flaws the g-men have.. will be a good game.... i think that we can kill the g-men def in the pasing game. sec is not so good

steelwall
10-22-2008, 09:10 PM
Another thing
Burris will get his Azz whipped
I am sure Troy will level him
Eli will be hurting IF he finishes the game
Willie will break it out for 135
Hines will be fined for a mysterious hit
Ben well 21 0f 37 for 287yds 3 TD's 0 int's

Only thing I have to say is.....you have the best Steelers avatar I've ever seen.

Steelman16
10-23-2008, 01:55 AM
I have this inner gut feeling that Ben will score 3 TD's and this game ain't even gonna be close.

This is our statement game. And we're gonna make it loud and clear.

stlrtruck
10-23-2008, 07:36 AM
Let the Hellhounds lose on Sunday afternoon. Then let their O-line and QB deal with the consequences!!!

GBMelBlount
10-23-2008, 08:01 AM
One of the most important factors for us this game will be our ability to generate a considerable pass rush.(IMO). As Plex and their receiving corps could make it a VERY long day for Taylor and Townsend if Manning has time to throw.

I agree. We are getting better pressure and more sacks and Manning is certainly not unflappable. This is a big test for our defense and I think they will be ready. If we make a statement early it could be a long day for Eli. :helmet:

HometownGal
10-23-2008, 08:45 AM
The keys to this game on the D side of the ball will be stopping Jacobs and hurrying Baby Eli. If the Steelers can do that, and they certainly have the personnel to make that happen, I see a pretty tough day for the G-Men.

On the O side of the ball, the Steelers need to make a clear statement early by scoring on their first drive and getting the crowd into the game. I'm hoping to see the same good play from the OL as a whole that we saw in last week's game so that Ben has time to radar in on his guys downfield. Mix up the plays to mix up the G-men defenders, stick it to 'em early and often and we'll have another W under our belts. :tt02:

JShockey
10-23-2008, 11:50 AM
The keys to this game on the D side of the ball will be stopping Jacobs and hurrying Baby Eli. If the Steelers can do that, and they certainly have the personnel to make that happen, I see a pretty tough day for the G-Men.

On the O side of the ball, the Steelers need to make a clear statement early by scoring on their first drive and getting the crowd into the game. I'm hoping to see the same good play from the OL as a whole that we saw in last week's game so that Ben has time to radar in on his guys downfield. Mix up the plays to mix up the G-men defenders, stick it to 'em early and often and we'll have another W under our belts. :tt02:

The Giants saw what Philly & Baltimore did. Pound the O-Line & hit Ben.

I'm looking forward to it.:drink:

fansince'76
10-23-2008, 11:54 AM
The Giants saw what Philly & Baltimore did. Pound the O-Line & hit Ben.

I'm looking forward to it.:drink:

Wonder if they caught the adjustments to that that we made at halftime against the Ravens (no huddle, 3-step drops) which neutralized it?

JShockey
10-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Wonder if they caught the adjustments to that that we made at halftime against the Ravens (no huddle, 3-step drops) which neutralized it?

I'm sure they did... :banging:

fansince'76
10-23-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm sure they did... :banging:

No matter - the Giants have a better pass rush than the Eagles and Ravens, so hopefully we can mix things up well enough not to get Ben killed. It will be interesting. :drink:

xfl2001fan
10-23-2008, 12:05 PM

The Steelers D is going to be the Blitzburg D. The Giants O is going to be "pound the rock, PA passes, jump ball to Plax, because that's about all he and Eli are good for".

The Giants D is going to be about fast blitzes and D-line pressure.

Which is why I think the key to this game is Arians gameplan and gametime adjustments and execution. 7-step dropbacks are not likely to be successful often...though there will be times (especially if the run game is working) where it will be.

JShockey
10-23-2008, 12:09 PM
No matter - the Giants have a better pass rush than the Eagles and Ravens, so hopefully we can mix things up well enough not to get Ben killed. It will be interesting. :drink:

And they have a better running game/balanced offense.

Look out for Steve Smith. He's Eli's main target these days & has a nose for the first down marker...

I'm playing golf tomorrow, so I may not be on here to wish you luck...

Good luck - It should be fun. :applaudit:

lilyoder6
10-23-2008, 05:05 PM
wonder if DL will use some of his exotic blitzes/schemes that he hasn't used yet...

also looking like the g-men (can't beleive i'm about 2 say this but) need to make sure they don't lose sight of nate washington, he's been killing some def in the past couple of games

Hapa
10-23-2008, 05:18 PM

lol I know how you feel. I live in jersey team and I get the most crap from my teammates.

#1LambertFan
10-23-2008, 05:52 PM

But then again they don't face Harrison and Woodley every year. The Giants pass rush is good at best since losing its 2 best players, and the niners have been sacked 29 times oubviously the lines fault and JT O'Sullivan isn't in the same ballpark as Big Ben when it comes to shedding tackles. I'm not going to tell you the Steelers will win, but I will tell you that when you have a good team facing the Steelers, that you should always go in expecting a fight.

steelpride12
10-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Just heard on ESPN Plex might now even play Sunday he has been in the hospital because of a bad neck.
Thats not good i wanted the Steelers to beat a full flighted Giants team, plus i wanted Troy to light Plex up.

#1LambertFan
10-23-2008, 05:56 PM
And they have a better running game/balanced offense.

Look out for Steve Smith. He's Eli's main target these days & has a nose for the first down marker...

I'm playing golf tomorrow, so I may not be on here to wish you luck...

Good luck - It should be fun. :applaudit:

One thing that I think needs to be takin in mind is that we are playing at Heinz and and the Steelers are one of the hardest teams to play against at home.

The Duke
10-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Just heard on ESPN Plex might now even play Sunday he has been in the hospital because of a bad neck.
Thats not good i wanted the Steelers to beat a full flighted Giants team, plus i wanted Troy to light Plex up.

Plax may be a knucklehead, but I bet he'll do everything in his power to play.

hope he plays, makes it more competitive and fun. If there's one game he's been waiting for is this one