PDA

View Full Version : I hate to say it but...

disabledvet
12-04-2005, 10:00 PM
I hate to say it but i think that the playoffs are somewhat a longshot for my beloved steelers.
Stupid mistakes have seemed to be the norm that past two games and well ever since the ratbirds we have not been playing up to the caliber of team that we are capable of and needless to say that may be our downfall. Unfortunate as it is there are positions on both sides of the ball that are playing as if they are brainlocked and it showed today due to some of the rookie type mistakes that they have contributed in an unsteeler like effort. I love my steelers as much as the next guy but in my opinion the playoffs seem somewhat out of reach. I hope I am wrong in that opinion but the reality of it is that we are not clicking as a team when it is crucial.

Prosdo
12-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Right now you are right we are not on the right page, but the Cincy game showed some improvement especially in the offensive line. Right now the wild card race is Jacksonville (9-3), Kansas City (8-4), San Diego (7-4) *playing right now*, and Steelers (7-5). KC has a tough schedule which includes Cowboys, Giants, Bengals, and Chargers (not in that order). If we tie with San Diego we own the tiebreaker. So, it will be rough but not impossible.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2005, 11:01 PM
Yeah the wildcard is a real possibility and not a stretch of the imagination by any means..but we cant limp in there w/ all kinds of help, we need to win out and get the best seed possible..

who the hell knows, we seem to play better on the road..