PDA

View Full Version : What am i hearing?

R2sojr
12-04-2005, 10:13 PM
I dont understand why ppl think this loss to the bengals will be the passing of the torch in the AFC North. For 1 thing its the first time the bengals beat pittsburgh in how long and second of all no team is gonna win a football game with 3 int's and everything else that occured. For one thing i know is sure, if we didnt turn the ball over we won that game. We had all the turn overs but the game was still close. If the Bengals were that good they would of capitalized on all of our turnovers and shut us out. So in my opinion the Bengals didnt beat us we beat ourselves. And i hope CJ does run his mouth on NFL TOTAL ACCESS cuz he was shut out the whole game. Anyone notice when we works a Corner he talks crap the next day but when he gets shut out he wont admitt it. I have faith in my Steelers they will get it together these next 4 games...cuz now its crunch time.

Rush58
12-04-2005, 10:17 PM
I dont understand why ppl think this loss to the bengals will be the passing of the torch in the AFC North.

I agree. How old is most of our team anyway? Ben, Miller, ARE, Porter, Foote, Smith, Hampton, Taylor, Troy, etc? This is a young team, not an old one. We are probably younger overall than the Bengals.

Atlanta Dan
12-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Anyone who talks about a long-term "changing of the guard" in any division ignores both the salary cap and that the most successful teams play each other the next season under an NFL schedule that is intended to achieve parity.

Chad Johnson/Carson Palmer will not last past the expiration of Johnson's current contract - Johnson will demand to be the highest paid WR in football and the Bengals will not pay him what he wants.

Steelers will be fine, but not this year; if Ben had stayed healthy things would be different, but injuries are part of the game; just ask New England.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2005, 10:55 PM
This is not a passing of the torch...not by any means..but it was a big game we needed to win and we couldnt overcome the mistakes to do so no matter how many chances we had.

Nobody here thinks the bengals are suddenly Kings of the league or even the AFCN right now..but they won today and thats that.

Mr. Payback
12-04-2005, 11:02 PM
WHO DEY!! Um, pressure causes turnovers.....thats why the 3 INT's. The Bengals are a much better team right now, that is a fact. They played the Colts much better than the Steelers did, and the Bengal offense is extremely explosive. We will cherish this win just like the Steeler faithful would have cherished it had they won. It's PLAYOFF time! 9-3 baby!

Iron City Hangover
12-04-2005, 11:12 PM
I think it was more of a choke by the Pittsburgh coaching staff as it was a passing of the torch. For a team that owned the Bengals in their own house, why can't they beat them at home with their golden boy at the helm?

CowherLover
12-04-2005, 11:21 PM
First off, I will be big emough to congratulate them for hangin' on, cause that's what happened. I don't think this is it for the rest of the season though. I hope you feel so good about this win that your guys relax a little next week. I can see a let-down game coming for ya! We have been giving you guys props all year and you come hear to talk sh#t, I'm sick it! I'm not a sore loser, but you guys haven't been there in so long you don't know how to act!

Iron City Hangover
12-04-2005, 11:24 PM
A little late to be up on a school night?

CowherLover
12-04-2005, 11:27 PM
who exactly are you speaking to ICH?

Iron City Hangover
12-04-2005, 11:29 PM
Steve Mariucci is available. Maybe Rooney can lure Millen away.:rolleyes:

CowherLover
12-04-2005, 11:33 PM
I haven't been able to be here for awhile, unfortunately. What's even more unfortunate is that you are still posting here. Eventually someone will ban your stupid ass and we won't have to put up with you anymore. You're actually one of the posters that have taken the fun out of this board. Anyone listening?

Iron City Hangover
12-05-2005, 12:02 AM
I haven't been able to be here for awhile, unfortunately. What's even more unfortunate is that you are still posting here. Eventually someone will ban your stupid ass and we won't have to put up with you anymore. You're actually one of the posters that have taken the fun out of this board. Anyone listening?
We are having a conversation here? I didn't think so. I guess you are pretty upset about the big loss. It's ok, there's always next year.

Stlrs4Life
12-05-2005, 09:05 PM
There ius no passing of the torch, who comes up with this crap?

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 09:21 PM
This is like when the Jaguars had the "Torch" passed to them...then FA and salary cap kicked in and they've been mired in the muck of mediocrity since...

Conan
12-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Ok this is to end all of the thoughts about there being some sort of torch passed. Bengals were lucky to win that game, I am not being a sore loser about it is just the facts. How many teams can have four takeaways, no turnovers, a special teams TD (basically), and put up almost forty points and still have the game go down to the last drive. With that in mind this game shouldnt have even been close, I am tired of the media saying cinci is so great and that they now own the division, a good team would have capitlized and pumbled us. And as far as I know our recent record against cinci is 12-3 over the last 15 games so there is absolutly no passing of the torch and had the steelers brought even their C game we would be talking about how the bengals still just are not able not get it done WHICH THEY CANT!!!!

Ambridge
12-05-2005, 10:07 PM
To suggest that the Steelers are on the beginning of a decline in the division is a bit premature and that question will only answer itself after a few more seasons.

The Steelers FO will have a lot to think about in the off season if the poor performances continues in all three phases of the game.

SteelCityMan786
12-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Bengals Fans Remember You Lose 3 Of Your Final 4. And We Win Our Final 4. The DIVISON IS OURS!!!!!!

Koopa
12-05-2005, 10:54 PM
no passing of nothing here, we are just lending them the division for the season

SteelCityMan786
12-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Well Now The Divison better get more respect since 3 teams have now won the divison.

CantStop85
12-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Chad Johnson/Carson Palmer will not last past the expiration of Johnson's current contract - Johnson will demand to be the highest paid WR in football and the Bengals will not pay him what he wants.
Very wishful thinking there, bro...but I'm afraid not. Even if Chad does demand more money, we're still going to resign him. He's our franchise player and it's not like we're right at the cap limit. Besides, I think CJ will be playing out his current contract anyway, he's not the T.O. that you like to think of him as. You guys are going to be seeing the Oregon State duo (CJ and TJ) for a long time I'm afraid.

steelcurtain101
12-06-2005, 09:43 PM
o look at me im a bengal fan:blah: " ha ha steelers we won were so great" even if you guys do go to the playoffs you wont win so i dont even know what youre so happy about you won this time because we messed up but guess what when we beat you earlier this season you had your a##es handed to you period ! enjoy regular season bengals fans because first playoff game is the end of your season ha ha ha ha what are you even posting on here for dont you got a bengals page or something or do you guys need to set one up now because your team is actually above 500 ha ha ha ha

Suitanim
12-06-2005, 09:44 PM
Ahhh, here's where it gets interesting. People are forgetting that the worst owner in the entire NFL is in Cincy. If he has any say in any of these decisions, it's guarantee he'll make the wrong choice.

steelcurtain101
12-06-2005, 09:57 PM
CJ is a TO, who has a list of who can cover them or not ? what did he put when he went against steelers earlier this year ? man they shut me down ! he wants the big check and he will go somewhere else when he has a chance if they are going to pay so there is your duo a little better then kyle boller running around in cinci while wannabe TO is across the country

Koopa
12-06-2005, 09:59 PM
i don't see it, cj is far from a t.o., t.o. is a team cancer, cj is just having fun most the time

Mr. Payback
12-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Bengals Fans Remember You Lose 3 Of Your Final 4. And We Win Our Final 4. The DIVISON IS OURS!!!!!!

Um....yeah right.....wake up buddy.

steelcurtain101
12-06-2005, 11:12 PM
remember TO started out somewhere too first it was silly endzone dances like a sharpie in the sock but his head just got bigger i think CJ is on that same road hopefully he wont be as dumb as TO and he will learn from the mistakes that TO is making now so he doesnt do the same things but anyway Enough about the bengals !
http://www.steelers.com/MediaContent/2005/01/31/08/04_NE2_Taylor_Ike04_50511.jpg

Motley Nate
12-06-2005, 11:22 PM
i don't see it, cj is far from a t.o., t.o. is a team cancer, cj is just having fun most the time
C'mon... the put, that was hilarious!

KC_Steeler
12-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Congrats to the Bungles, They have finaly won the North. Chad Johnson is not a TO, Like I heard someone else say he is just having fun...I like CJ. And Palmer to Johnson will be heard around the leauge for a long time. They are not getting rid of him. Now TJ alphabet and Henry will be looking to make more money and probably not be around. And if the Bungles want to consistantly get wins they will need a 2nd and 3rd reciever. Like Indy. They are going with the mold the Colts made...spend money on offense and hire a Defensive Head Coach to make a young defense play OK. The problem with that is that they play Outside and in the AFC North...So Palmer will get beat up and if that happens...well what would the Colts be with out Manning.

As far as the passing of the torch that won't happen look the Ratbirds won a couple North titles and even a superbowl...but every year we are right there at the top with them...they may have a couple years and then fall back to the bottom of the North like the Ratbird, But we will always be at the top of the division because of the Rooney family...Thank You!

All of that being we will run the table or even if we go 3-1 we will still see you in the playoffs...I mean SD will be lucky to go 2-2 and if they do we have the tie breaker.
Kansas City...2 road games at Dallas and NYG and both teams playing for a playoff spot...good luck on the road. I live in KC and they cant win on the road. That will leave them with 2 home games against SD and Cinci....

I hate to say it Fellow Steeler Fans but in the last week of the reagular season we will have to cheer for the Bungles to get us in the playoffs...(they will probably lose and give up a 1st round bye just so they don't have to see us in the Playoffs...lol)

RoethlisBURGHer
12-07-2005, 02:04 PM
There is NO "changing of the gaurd" or "passing of the torch".There is still a chance we win the division (even though it's small)...and there is no gaurantee the Bengals will win the division every year for the next bunch of years.Truthfully,I expect the division to change hands between the two teams somewhat the next 10 years or so...with possibly a Browns or Ratbirds division title in an injury plauged year.

clevestinks
12-07-2005, 02:07 PM
I dont think CJ is another TO. He is comical. And I think he has an ego, but wont let it get in the way of team first. I think he is harmless, where TO is a cancer

StillerPaul
12-08-2005, 06:11 AM
C'mon... the put, that was hilarious!

Dude, your sig is cool!

SteelerFanInCA
12-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Congrats to the Bungles, They have finaly won the North. Chad Johnson is not a TO, Like I heard someone else say he is just having fun...I like CJ. And Palmer to Johnson will be heard around the leauge for a long time. They are not getting rid of him. Now TJ alphabet and Henry will be looking to make more money and probably not be around. And if the Bungles want to consistantly get wins they will need a 2nd and 3rd reciever. Like Indy. They are going with the mold the Colts made...spend money on offense and hire a Defensive Head Coach to make a young defense play OK. The problem with that is that they play Outside and in the AFC North...So Palmer will get beat up and if that happens...well what would the Colts be with out Manning.

As far as the passing of the torch that won't happen look the Ratbirds won a couple North titles and even a superbowl...but every year we are right there at the top with them...they may have a couple years and then fall back to the bottom of the North like the Ratbird, But we will always be at the top of the division because of the Rooney family...Thank You!

All of that being we will run the table or even if we go 3-1 we will still see you in the playoffs...I mean SD will be lucky to go 2-2 and if they do we have the tie breaker.
Kansas City...2 road games at Dallas and NYG and both teams playing for a playoff spot...good luck on the road. I live in KC and they cant win on the road. That will leave them with 2 home games against SD and Cinci....

I hate to say it Fellow Steeler Fans but in the last week of the reagular season we will have to cheer for the Bungles to get us in the playoffs...(they will probably lose and give up a 1st round bye just so they don't have to see us in the Playoffs...lol)
Right on KC Steeler!!!

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2005, 06:52 PM

That's because the Bengals Are Gonna Lose 3 of their final 4 games and miss the playoffs.