PDA

View Full Version : Obama may just get elected....

NJarhead
10-23-2008, 07:06 PM
...for the color of his skin.

http://www.bpmdeejays.com/upload/hs_sal_in_Harlem_100108.mp3

:doh:

Muppet13
10-23-2008, 07:07 PM
That's not right.

NJarhead
10-23-2008, 07:11 PM
That's not right.

It's scary.

Leftoverhard
10-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Wow. A few uninformed, ignorant people in Harlem. And you think their votes are gonna decide this election......ok - and what about the uninformed ignorant people who are voting for McCain because he's not black?
I'll tell you what's scary - that you automatically assume these people are voting for Obama because he's black. That's scary. It says a lot about you.

NJarhead
10-23-2008, 07:45 PM
Wow. A few uninformed, ignorant people in Harlem. And you think their votes are gonna decide this election......ok - and what about the uninformed ignorant people who are voting for McCain because he's not black?
I'll tell you what's scary - that you automatically assume these people are voting for Obama because he's black. That's scary. It says a lot about you.

What does it say about me exactly? Please share.

I'm sure there are plenty more folks like these people in Harlem. Did you even listen to it? Because I didn't have to "assume" anything after listening. THAT, says a lot about you my friend. :upyours:

Leftoverhard
10-23-2008, 07:59 PM
What does it say about me exactly? Please share.

I'm sure there are plenty more folks like these people in Harlem. Did you even listen to it? Because I didn't have to "assume" anything after listening. THAT, says a lot about you my friend. :upyours:

Yeah, Iistened to it full a few days ago.
What if I said you were only voting for McCain because he's white?
That would be an assumption.
They could just as easily be voting for him because they think he's an alien from another planet. Obviously they're uneducated on the issues and on the candidates. Could they be voting for for Obama because he's black? Yeah, among other things, including the fact that he's 1/2 white. For you to point this out though, shows your eagerness to exploit race. It's ugly.

The Patriot
10-23-2008, 07:59 PM
You could probably pull the same stunt with a couple Red Necks in Alabama.

NJarhead
10-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Yeah, Iistened to it full a few days ago.
Real proud of ya!

What if I said you were only voting for McCain because he's white? Based on what exactly?

That would be an assumption. And, not surprisingly, an idiotic one.

They could just as easily be voting for him because they think he's an alien from another planet. Obviously they're uneducated on the issues and on the candidates. Okay, so maybe I should have known that perhaps being an alien from another planet would be appealing to the people of Harlem, NY. WTF??

Could they be voting for for Obama because he's black? Yeah, among other things, including the fact that he's 1/2 white. For you to point this out though, shows your eagerness to exploit race. It's ugly.First of all, this debate has all but taken over this forum in recent weeks. Show me ONE post in any of them where I've mentioned race before? You won't find one., So I don't think you can catagorize me as "eager" to exploit much at all pal. I'm sharing what to me, seemed clear: There ARE those who will vote for Obama because he is black. It was nothing more than that. Don't even try to pull a race card on me. You know nothing at all about me, so I suggest you just keep your man-pleaser shut when it comes to judging me.

NJarhead
10-23-2008, 08:12 PM

Shut up. No one was talking to you. :wink02:

revefsreleets
10-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I'm not gonna read too much into this (and I heard this a week ago).

This isn't racist, it's socio-economic. Swing through West Virginia hollers or a South Carolina small town and you'll get the same exact thing in reverse.

Leftoverhard
10-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Don't even try to pull a race card on me. You know nothing at all about me, so I suggest you just keep your man-pleaser shut when it comes to judging me.

You pulled the race card by posting this - you know the post with the word race in it.. Man-pleaser? That's cute. I guess I got your goat. Cool.

HometownGal
10-23-2008, 10:55 PM
How 'bout we keep this thread on topic instead of throwing flames, gentlemen?

Sure there are those who will vote for Obama because he is black but there is a large majority, particularly in the South, who will not vote for him because he is black. Race shouldn't play any part in electing a President or any other official, but unfortunately it does.

For the record, I wouldn't care if he was purple with pink polka dots. If I felt he was the best choice and was comfortable in supporting him, he would get my vote. That just isn't the case.

Carry on! :drink:

steelwall
10-24-2008, 12:08 AM
:popcorn:

NJarhead
10-24-2008, 12:16 AM
You pulled the race card by posting this - you know the post with the word race in it.. Man-pleaser? That's cute. I guess I got your goat. Cool.

You've all but called me a racist and yes, that pisses me off to no end. As I said, you don't know a damn thing about me. If you didn't like the post then you had two options: A). Ignore it, or B). Say, "I don't like it and here's why...; " You however decided to take it further and call me out. Questioning me, my motives and you even elluded to the idea of my being a racist!!! Who the hell do think you are???

From what I've gathered, you're developing a reputation for rubbing folks the wrong way (and that's putting it mildly). I have no problems with your left sided views. I doubt I'll agree, but ya can't have a right without a left. I have no problems with your voicing those views. It's still a free Country. What I take issue with is being accused of.., well, pretty much anything by someone who I don't know, doesn't know me and who is pretty much a freakin newb around here. So BACK OFF!

steelwall
10-24-2008, 12:20 AM
You've all but called me a racist and yes, that pisses me off to no end. As I said, you don't know a damn thing about me. If you didn't like the post then you had two options: A). Ignore it, or B). Say, "I don't like it and here's why...; " You however decided to take it further and call me out. Questioning me, my motives and you even elluded to the idea of my being a racist!!! Who the hell do think you are???

From what I've gathered, you're developing a reputation for rubbing folks the wrong way (and that's putting it mildly). I have no problems with your left sided views. I doubt I'll agree, but ya can't have a right without a left. I have no problems with your voicing those views. It's still a free Country. What I take issue with is being accused of.., well, pretty much anything by someone who I don't know, doesn't know me and who is pretty much a freakin newb around here. So BACK OFF!

Agreed, he's played the race card more than anyone here, in several threads. Chill about race... Like HTG said...there is no doubt there will be those that will vote for Obama simply because his race and vise versa....however if Obama wins, would that not mean the majority of his voters were white?

Godfather
10-24-2008, 10:50 AM

I agree...but the Harlem/Obama voter stunt only required them to walk out the front door. Gumpistan would require travel. Stern isn't a partisan hack...he just picked the more accessible target.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-25-2008, 01:10 AM
...for the color of his skin.

http://www.bpmdeejays.com/upload/hs_sal_in_Harlem_100108.mp3

:doh:

WOW!

Brandon
10-25-2008, 01:24 AM

Just watch BET, I put it on a few days ago, and they had commercials of all these rappers saying "Vote Barack Obama" apparantley, at the BET awards the other night, it was basically an infomercial to vote Obama.

Its being drilled into your head, if your black, vote Obama. Who cares about his failed policies, how he is a Muslim but pretends to be a Christian so he can get your votes and ignore the fact that he has been involved with terrorists.

xbroughneck
10-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Just watch BET, I put it on a few days ago, and they had commercials of all these rappers saying "Vote Barack Obama" apparantley, at the BET awards the other night, it was basically an infomercial to vote Obama.

Its being drilled into your head, if your black, vote Obama. Who cares about his failed policies, how he is a Muslim but pretends to be a Christian so he can get your votes and ignore the fact that he has been involved with terrorists.

OK...you had me with the BET bit (same could be said about the FOX News network promoting McCain) because I have no doubt there are a LARGE majority of black americans voting for Barack because they identify with him because he's black AND because they identify with him they trust him to do the right thing.

Maybe that's wrong.

But in a country with only 11% of the population being black, and in a country where there has NEVER truly been a chance like this (and based on some of the comments we've read and seen...may never be a chance like this again), it's understandable that they would galvanize around a well spoken man of color.

Yeah...if they don't INFORM themselves on what his political ideology is. If they ignore that most of his beliefs go against theirs an they still vote for him.. then yeah...that's scary.

But it happens.

I'm sure there are whole towns where it's going to be extremely hard to find anyone that would vote for Obama BECAUSE he's black.

There is ignorance on both sides.

Thing is, the EDUCATED non-black individuals who are voting for Barack are just as influential in his possibly winning the campaign as those in Harlem who happen to be black and not well informed.

But that story wouldn't be nearly as funny.

Maybe if Stern had his guy go to GOOGLES corporate office he would get a laugh at all those intelligent, under 30 non black people that actually know what Barack's stance is on the issues and yet they STILL WANT TO VOTE FOR HIM>

Go figure.

Oh, and the portion of your statement that I put in bold letters is pretty wrong. (I was going to say a stronger word than 'WRONG" but I didn't want to insult).