PDA

View Full Version : carson palmer sets nfl record

tony hipchest
12-04-2005, 11:40 PM
11 games with over 100 passer rating. i can respect that. although alot of other teams fans still sleep on ben, i have said all along these 2 qb's will be one of thebest qb matchups and rivalries for the next 5-10 years.

BB2W
12-05-2005, 10:44 AM
Carson has played great this year... and I hate it. :busted:

CantStop85
12-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Can you say MVP?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2005, 06:02 PM
For Peyton Manning, yes .. :busted:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Carson is a good QB. and played a great game sunday

bengalsfan21
12-05-2005, 06:47 PM
Palmer should be MVP and Marvin should be coach of the year......How can Manning get it in his 8th year when Palmer has better numbers and he is in his 3rd ( really 2nd) year?

tony hipchest
12-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Palmer should be MVP and Marvin should be coach of the year......How can Manning get it in his 8th year when Palmer has better numbers and he is in his 3rd ( really 2nd) year?

have you looked at the win total?

it is "really" carsons 3rd year.

i can consider palmer in the mvp discussion. ben was in the discussion last year. while palmers #s are good (i should know, ive followed him and johnson all year) theyre still way off pace of the numbers other qb's put up last year. dont blame me, blame the system. tomlinson and alexander are putting up numbers and adding to their great career totals, that may be remembered and in the record books for years.

if cowher didnt win coach of the year last year with a 15-1 record and 2 new co-ordinators and a rookie qb, no way will lewis win it. (not hatin' just the facts) plus dungy has done better anyways. someone stupid, like m. tice will win it if they make the playoffs.

boLT fan
12-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Can you say MVP?

If Alexander gets that 2,000 yards AND the TD record, it'd be really hard to deny him the MVP.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2005, 02:13 PM
The MVP this year will go to either Peyton, LT, or Alexander.. Palmer has had a stellar year so far however when you are up against the names and those numbers I just dont think he has enough yet to pull it off.

bengalsfan21
12-06-2005, 05:11 PM
have you looked at the win total?

it is "really" carsons 3rd year.

i can consider palmer in the mvp discussion. ben was in the discussion last year. while palmers #s are good (i should know, ive followed him and johnson all year) theyre still way off pace of the numbers other qb's put up last year. dont blame me, blame the system. tomlinson and alexander are putting up numbers and adding to their great career totals, that may be remembered and in the record books for years.

if cowher didnt win coach of the year last year with a 15-1 record and 2 new co-ordinators and a rookie qb, no way will lewis win it. (not hatin' just the facts) plus dungy has done better anyways. someone stupid, like m. tice will win it if they make the playoffs.

3rd year but 2nd as the QB, and as far as winning goes the Bengals went from a 2-14 to an 8-8 that is huge so Lewis should have won coach of the year and he still should for the record this year whatever it may be. Now Alexander should be MVP if he getes the TD record and 2000 yds no doubt.
I just don't think Manning deserves it bc he is a choke artist, if they go 16-0 and get knocked out of the playoffs they need to release him.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-06-2005, 05:12 PM
I have respect for Palmer...and when the Bengals (can no longer call them the Bungles,except for when we play em) drafted him...I was worried.

Palmer v. Roethlisberger...both will enter the HOF w/ SB rings.

tony hipchest
12-06-2005, 05:27 PM
peyton a choke artist? kinda like the bengals are choke artists as a franchise? john elway was called that before he won a sb and then defended the title. things change. people (and teams) develop. carson palmer will be the next big time choker if he dont win the sb this year. might as well throw m. lewis in there too.

bengalsfan21
12-06-2005, 06:45 PM
peyton a choke artist? kinda like the bengals are choke artists as a franchise? john elway was called that before he won a sb and then defended the title. things change. people (and teams) develop. carson palmer will be the next big time choker if he dont win the sb this year. might as well throw m. lewis in there too.

Palmer hasn't even been in the playoffs to lose everytime and be called a choke artist and Lewis has never takin a team to the playoffs to not go further, very bad comparison.

tony hipchest
12-06-2005, 07:56 PM
:grin: Palmer hasn't even been in the playoffs to lose everytime and be called a choke artist and Lewis has never takin a team to the playoffs to not go further, very bad comparison.

neither had ben last year. he was still called a choker. im just warning you for what may come if the bengals dont win the sb. not from me, cause ive enjoyed and appreciated alot of teams and individual seasons (other than the steelers) where they dont win the super bowl. jim kelly for instance. dan fouts, warren moon, of course marino and manning. palmer has that same type of potential. but then again so does ben. the problem with ben is 1) he may think hes too tough for his own good or hes so dedicated to winning hes willing to sacrifice his body for the sake of the win, like steve mcnair. 2) he still has a lot of learning to do. what the haters dont tell is that ben has played the position for about 6 yrs. last year wouldve been his sr. year in college and he played in the mac. he wasnt trained to be a qb since age 4 like the mannings, farves, and palmers, and he never played in any national title games in college. he is still raw but has tons of potential and is catching up to the others very quickly. of course as a steelerfan i think hes great but as a football fan i can defeinitely appreciate his accomplishments and upside.

which is why i started this thread. palmers first little record is pretty impressive and says alot (like how weak MOST of the competition he faced was:grin: ) but i can appreciate that. just like boomer esiason having a GREAT game for the cardinals!

SteelCurtain
12-17-2005, 12:38 PM
No doubt in my mind that Palmer is a great quarterback and will probably prove to be one of the best of all time, although I still feel a little resentment towards him for taking Johnson's Heisman away. I just wish people would give Roethlisberger the respect that he has earned, obviously the Steelers are a different team with him in there and you couldn't just throw any QB in his place. They are both phenominal young QB's that are going to entertain us for years to come.

SteelCityMan786
12-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Can you say MVP?

Peyton Already Won.:busted: :busted: :busted: