PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed for Steve

GBMelBlount
10-24-2008, 08:33 PM
My dear friend Steve (Troysbaddawg) has been told that without surgery he has 4 months on the outside. If they perform the necessary surgery he has been told he has only a 50/50 chance of making it through the surgery. Please keep Steve in your thoughts and prayers as he, and his family, work through this very difficult time. I will certainly keep everyone updated as more details become available.

Love & Prayers Steve. :hug:

Polamalu Princess
10-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Steve - we will be praying for you. Tom has been very concerned and has been keeping me up to date. If there is anything you need, please let us know.

May God bless you and keep you in His loving care.

stillers4me
10-24-2008, 08:47 PM
TBD! My thoughts and prayers are with you, friend.

HometownGal
10-24-2008, 09:16 PM
OMG this is awful news, but knowing Steve as I do, he's a tough cookie and will come through this surgery with flying colors! God don't want him yet and Lucifer is afraid of him!

We'll be pulling for you Steve and asking God to watch over you during your surgery and thereafter. :hug::hug::hug:

Polamalu Princess
10-24-2008, 09:47 PM
OMG this is awful news, but knowing Steve as I do, he's a tough cookie and will come through this surgery with flying colors! God don't want him yet and Lucifer is afraid of him!

We'll be pulling for you Steve and asking God to watch over you during your surgery and thereafter. :hug::hug::hug:

Steve is definitely a tough cookie. Very few men could have dealt with his war days and torture. I know him only through my DH, but my DH has had the pleasure of meeting him and becoming great friends with him and Steve is a strong man. He is a war hero. He WILL indeed get through this. God will take care of him, this I know to be true.

PAMillerGrrl83
10-24-2008, 11:26 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with him.

steelwall
10-25-2008, 12:41 AM
My lord..... God bles you steve, you will be in my prayers and I will say one for you right now.

GutterflowerSteel
10-25-2008, 05:18 PM
God will be with you, Steve. Hang tough, and know that there are many who are praying for you :hug:

stlrtruck
10-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Prayers for you my friend. May your body receive the healing God has planned for it.

MACH1
10-27-2008, 03:32 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you TBD.

GBMelBlount
10-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Thank you for your prayers everyone. Steve is not out of the woods yet. Today he passed out at his home from lack of oxygen and the paramedics had to come out to his house. This is the second time it has happened, so please keep praying. Thank you!

Polamalu Princess
10-29-2008, 10:50 PM
We love you Steve and we will continue to pray. PLEASE take care.

Hawk Believer
10-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Thoughts and prayers for Steve's recovery and comfort headed out from Seattle tonight.

Galax Steeler
11-15-2008, 04:24 AM
Sorry I just saw this thoughts and prayers for you steve.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-15-2008, 04:31 AM
Steve....prayers coming your way from us here in the midwest!!!!!!!!!!!

TroysBadDawg
11-15-2008, 04:43 AM
Thank you everybody for the prayers and thoughts. I will be having the surgery on Thursday Nov.20 at the OSU Hospital in Columbus. Dr. Mikima is doing the surgery and he has given me another outlook on it, I talked to him today on the phone. I now have a 1 in 500 chance of not making it through surgery. That is lots better than before. But now I am faced with the possibility of receiving a pacemaker/defibrillator. That also scares me.
I find out later if I get one of those or not.
I am supposed to set up a website on OSU hospital and my wife will update it after surgery. I will post the address or Tom will for me. I don't think you need a password for it.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-15-2008, 04:48 AM
Thank you everybody for the prayers and thoughts. I will be having the surgery on Thursday Nov.20 at the OSU Hospital in Columbus. Dr. Mikima is doing the surgery and he has given me another outlook on it, I talked to him today on the phone. I now have a 1 in 500 chance of not making it through surgery. That is lots better than before. But now I am faced with the possibility of receiving a pacemaker/defibrillator. That also scares me.
I find out later if I get one of those or not.
I am supposed to set up a website on OSU hospital and my wife will update it after surgery. I will post the address or Tom will for me. I don't think you need a password for it.

Thanks for the update Steve.

Preacher
11-15-2008, 04:56 AM
Thanks TBD for the update.. know our prayers are with you

TroysBadDawg
11-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Another update, I guess. The MUGA Scan is back and now I have a lower cardiac injection factor than before. Now it is 21% and not the 25% -28% that was thought before.

Prayers are definitely needed, I am now beyond concerned going toward scared.

Preacher
11-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Another update, I guess. The MUGA Scan is back and now I have a lower cardiac injection factor than before. Now it is 21% and not the 25% -28% that was thought before.

You stll have my prayers.

Polamalu Princess
11-16-2008, 09:48 PM
We are praying for you friend. Please know that you can be healed by our loving Father. Do not fear your road that lies ahead. God will be with you.

SteelCityMan786
11-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Prayers from Hollidaysburg, PA

GutterflowerSteel
11-17-2008, 08:12 PM

It's okay to be scared, Steve - but there are many people who are sending positive vibes and prayers. You've got Steelers Nation on your side :helmet: God will put his arms around you and give you the strength you need to get through this - everything is going to turn out just fine :hug: Hang tough - we'll be here when you get back :wave:

NJarhead
11-17-2008, 08:14 PM

Steve, I apologize for not offering my prayers sooner (as usual, I'm a day late and a dollar short). Of course you have my prayers buddy!

GBMelBlount
11-17-2008, 08:18 PM
You are still in my thoughts and prayers dear friend.

Polamalu Princess
11-17-2008, 09:39 PM
You mean the world to my husband and therefore me too - keep the faith. We will be here for you.

UK CANDY BEE
11-20-2008, 12:10 PM
I noticed that you folks here at Steelers Fever also have a thread for Troy/Steve, but I didn't see any info on the website at University Hospital in Columbus to leave messages directly for him.

I, and my fellow Browns fans thank you for your compassion for our Dawg Brother !!

Here is a post copied from Browns 24/7 which includes a link to his site at the hospital. I am sure he would enjoy getting entries on it from you guys as well !!

...from PalmBeachBrownie...

Our old friend and newshound TroyDawg (a/k/a Steve) goes under the knife at OSU hospital at 10:00 this morning (Thursday, Nov. 20). It is cardiac surgery and is dicey since he had various indicators that might have told the docs it was too risky.

While I've accused him of just trying to get close to The Game Saturday (the hospital is literally a very shiort walk from the 'Shoe), I'm also very concerned for our buddy. :shrug:

He's created a website on "Care Pages" and it's easy to sign-up and send a message. It gives updates and also accepts messages, so let's flood the sucker with our support for one of the mainstays of Browns 24/7 and a good, solid guy, OK?
Here's the site:
http://www.carepages.com/carepages/CardiacSteve

GBMelBlount
11-20-2008, 02:40 PM
I just received a message from Steve's wife that his surgery was successful this morning and he is in recovery!!!!!
Great news!!!!!!

Galax Steeler
11-20-2008, 04:20 PM
That is great news get well soon steve we miss you hear at steeler fever.

GBMelBlount
11-20-2008, 06:01 PM
I just spoke with Steve's wife at the hospital and Steve was in the background complaining so it sounds like he'll back to his old self soon! :chuckle:

CB1977
11-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Thanks for posting this on your website. I have been so busy lately and haven't had the chance to talk to all of you for a while.
Our friend Steve needs lots of prayers at this time; thanks for keeping him in yours.

HometownGal
11-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Thank God Steve is going to be OK!!! :applaudit::thumbsup:

Thanks, Tom, for keeping us posted on his status and if you talk to him, please give him my best and tell him I'm pullin' for him!

HometownGal
12-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Hey Steve - how ya doin buddy? Please give us an update when you feel up to it! :hug::hug:

GBMelBlount
12-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Steve just called me from the hospital. He has been passing a significant amount of blood (and clots) recently. Last night he passed out at 10:30 p.m. and was taken by ambulance to the hospital. They are running numerous tests and a colonoscopy is likely. Imagine, having a colonoscopy AND watching the Browns play on the same day.....

But seriously, I am incredibly concerned for Steve's life. Please continue to keep my dear friend in your thoughts and prayers, OK? Thank you.

missedgehead
12-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Done! Hope he gets better.

Polamalu Princess
12-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Always praying Steve. We love you.

stillers4me
12-28-2008, 10:49 AM
My thoughts and prayers going out for our buddy and his family.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Praying for ya Steve...get better buddy!!!

Galax Steeler
12-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you Steve.

steelersfanman92
12-28-2008, 08:28 PM
I am praying for you

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Prayers from Hollidaysburg.

GBMelBlount
12-29-2008, 08:40 PM
UPDATE:

I just spoke with Steve. He is still hospitalized and was just seen by the neurologist. He is having his colonoscopy tomorrow around 12:30 pm. He asked me to thank everyone who has been praying for him. I will certainly let everyone know once we know anything else.

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 08:50 PM
May God touch you with his healing hand Steve. I will be praying for you and your family to have strength through this tough time.

HometownGal
12-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Prayers for Steve. :hug:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-30-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the update brother...we all will continue to pray.

Galax Steeler
12-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Still thinking of you steve get well soon and get back to the board and talk to us.:thumbsup:

xfl2001fan
12-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Prayers for Steve is the title...and prayers he shall have!

GBMelBlount
12-31-2008, 07:50 PM
I just spoke with Steve. The CAT scan and colonoscopy were inconclusive. Although he is still in a lot of pain, he chose to spend New Years Eve at home with his family. He will try to log on to SF later if he is up to it and asked me to wish everyone at SF a happy new year! He also asked me to thank you for the pictures you sent Stlrtruck. He really enjoyed them.

Polamalu Princess
12-31-2008, 07:54 PM
Love you Steve. Happy New Year.

Mamaduck43
01-01-2009, 06:40 AM
I have been so preoccupied with my own problems that I hadn't seen this earlier.... Steve - - hang in there.... I hope that things go well for you..... I have added you to my list, and will be praying for you.......

GBMelBlount
01-07-2009, 09:19 PM
I just spoke with Steve, he is still extremely ill so please continue to prayer for him. Also, his mother passed away today. Needless to say he is extremely upset. Your thoughts and prayers for Steve and his family are greatly appreciated.

Polamalu Princess
01-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Steve, we will be praying for you and your family. Please let me say a prayer here for you.

Heavenly Father we ask You to please cover Steve and his family with Your blood and keep them in Your care. Steve has been through so much and is in need of Your presence right now and through the next most difficult days. Please remind him that You are with him and will give him strength, guidance and wisdom. Please let Your healing powers be all around him.

In Your name we pray,

Amen

God bless you Steve and please call us if you need anything okay?
:hug:

GBMelBlount
03-24-2009, 09:49 PM
I spoke with Steve earlier tonight and he was going to the hospital due to chest pains.

He has a very serious and risky surgery on Thursday. They will be putting in a pacemaker, defibrillator and angioplasty behind his heart.

Please continue to keep Steve in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks

Galax Steeler
03-25-2009, 05:04 AM
Sorry to hear that thoughts and prayers.

stlrtruck
03-25-2009, 08:00 AM
Steve knows I'm praying for him. I'm praying for healing and that God guide the doctor's hands to a quick surgery, faster recovery, and that he's cleared for a little R&R. He's got a reserved spot in FL for a visit and I pray that he's able to make the trip!!!

klick81
03-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Geez...I hope all of this turns out well. Hang in there man!

TroysBadDawg
03-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Here is the latest, The Doc canceled the surgery. Wait they canceled it 25 hours before I was to have it, then called me 9 hours middle of the night said they reconsidered, I got to the hospital only to find out he again re-reconsidered and is sending me to another doc to do it. 45 minute trip for nothing plus not eating, like it won't hurt my fat butt not to eat.

We I have an appointment now on Monday morning (11:30AM) with another heart doc that does high risk heart work. I am about to give up on this and just go out of town to somewhere, where they appear to know what the heck they are doing. cancelled rescheduled the recancelled, I wonder where he took his medical boards... Oh that is right Ohio.