PDA

View Full Version : Suggs trying to "clear" things up

SteelersMongol
10-24-2008, 09:08 PM
The NFL confirmed it is investigating Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs for alleged comments about having a "bounty" on Pittsburgh wide receiver Hines Ward. Sugga released the following statement Friday morning:

“I’ve got to set the record straight about what I said about so-called bounties. I tried to explain this on Wednesday, but it keeps coming back up.

“We, the players, don’t pay each other to take another player out of the game. And you know coaches don’t do that. As I said before, we prepare to stop the other team’s best players every week. Those are the players who can beat you with big plays. For example, we’ve focused all this week on stopping the Raiders’ running backs. We’ve focused on them in practice and in meetings. They are marked men by our defense – we have to know where they are on every play, and we can’t let them get rolling on Sunday.

“When I did the radio show in Atlanta, that’s what I meant and I thought that’s what I said. I did repeat the word bounty early in the interview after the guy asking me the question used the word. That was a mistake. I misspoke, and I’m sorry for that.

“I hope that clears this up.”

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80be6bbc&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Suggs go :blah: :bs: :sign02:

fansince'76
10-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Ma, where're my waders? The :poop: is really getting deep in here!

tony hipchest
10-24-2008, 10:12 PM
as per the nfl network- the league advised suggs to refrain from making such comments (regarding "bounties") in the future or face punishment.

:rolleyes:

:coffee:

:yawn:

Borski
10-25-2008, 02:44 AM
as per the nfl network- the league advised suggs to refrain from making such comments (regarding "bounties") in the future or face punishment.

:rolleyes:

:coffee:

:yawn:

Yup

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3661808

...The NFL has warned Suggs any further comments or on-field actions indicating participation in bounty activity could result in "significant disciplinary action," a league spokesman told The Baltimore Sun...

Figures...

klick81
10-25-2008, 02:57 AM
Well WOOP-DEE-&@&#*^!-DOO!!!

Goodell sure warned him!!! :upyours:

Preacher
10-25-2008, 03:30 AM
Amazing.

Hines gets fined for tapping a guy on the head...

and Suggs and the Ravens get "warned" about placing bounties... in a game where one of the people the "bounty" was placed on, was injured for the rest of season.

Again, I have no problem with the hit... it was perfectly legal. I have a big problem with the circumstances... and nothing being donw about it.

Thanks Comish!

I trust you completely.

(sarcasm smiley REALLY needed here)

steel striker
10-25-2008, 07:09 PM
What a joke this is and, Goodell must just hate the steelers. We get fined for bs hits and, the rats just get a warning for putting bountys on Hines&Mendy. Give me a break we need a new comish.

stillers4me
10-25-2008, 09:21 PM
In other words, bounties are ok. Just don't talk about them.

Nice.

missedgehead
10-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Suggs is a thug. What else is new?

X-Terminator
10-25-2008, 11:20 PM
I see a whole lot of flapping of gums there, Mr. Anderson, but the question is what are you and Roger Good Deal going to do about it? My guess is a slap on the wrist or a stern talking-to...

Called it.