PDA

View Full Version : Yankees, Cowboys become partners

nojobny
10-25-2008, 09:39 AM
10/20/08 9:35 PM ET

Yankees, Cowboys become partners

Iconic teams combine on concessions, marketing company

By Bryan Hoch / MLB.com

The New York Yankees and the Dallas Cowboys may not be able to share plays on the field, but they have found common ground in stadium management, forming a new company to handle concessions and marketing at their new facilities.
The two iconic franchises held a press conference on Monday in New York to announce the launch of Legends Hospitality Management, LLC, with a $1.3 billion state-of-the-art Yankee Stadium rising in the Bronx and a replacement for Texas Stadium taking shape in Arlington.

"This partnership brings together two of the finest sports franchises and creates a business that will take advantage of their tremendous insight and expertise," said Yankees chairman George M. Steinbrenner. "No one knows their fans better and has a greater interest in providing them a great gameday experience.

"With both the Yankees and the Cowboys moving into new stadiums next season, this is certainly the right time to rethink our approach. Beyond that base, we are confident that other facilities and teams will be interested in what Legends can offer. I look forward to building a business with [Cowboys owner] Jerry [Jones]."

Founded in cooperation with Goldman Sachs and CIC Partners, Legends Hospitality Management is not envisioned as being limited to servicing just the Yankees and Cowboys.

The new company said its initial focus would be focused on operating catering, concessions, retail merchandising and other facility management enterprises for major sports and entertainment facilities.

"Fans are increasingly voicing their opinion that they want and deserve more from a stadium experience -- they want a winning team, but they also want a venue that truly complements the game and elevates the experience," said Jones.

"We couldn't agree more. Legends was founded on the principle that enhancing the stadium experience will result in a more satisfied fan base. Satisfied fans attend more games and show greater loyalty to their home team, which ultimately benefits franchises, players and their communities."

Michael Rawlings, a former president of Pizza Hut, Inc., has been named chairman and CEO of the Newark, N.J.-headquartered company, which intends to market its services to professional and college sports teams and other event facilities worldwide.

"Quality is the hallmark of the Legends brand, and I am confident that the team of experienced professionals we have assembled will set the highest standards of quality and service in the industry," Rawlings said.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081020&content_id=3634338

revefsreleets
10-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Sauron and Saruman.
Lex Luther and General Zod.
The Tooth Fairy and Hannibal the Cannibal.

It was only a matter of times until these forces of evil united their powers.

MasterOfPuppets
10-25-2008, 06:10 PM
guess jones is banking on an uncapped nfl.....needs mors cash to try and buy sb's

OneForTheToe
10-25-2008, 06:20 PM
guess jones is banking on an uncapped nfl.....needs mors cash to try and buy sb's

The problem with that thinking is that the NFL will not be without a cap for more than a year, maybe two. Simply put, the majority of owners don't have (or are willing to spend) Jones/ Snyder money. By the second season, I would expect a lockout. When a new labor agreement is signed with a new cap, Jones and Snyder will have to have a fire sale to get under the cap. Of course, Jones isn't thinking about that now. All he cares about is his "Garden of Eden" new stadium.

revefsreleets
10-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Whatever the motivation, if I was the next President, I'd name this partnership as part of the "Axis of Evil"...

I'd toss the Pats organization into that as well.

Steeler in Carolina
10-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Great, the two teams I hate the most together.

STEELtownHAVOX
10-26-2008, 10:38 AM
both teams try to buy championships, hasn't worked out since the 90's.

Edman
10-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Match made in hell.

Two despicable franchises with two despicable owners finding common ground.

SteelCityMan786
10-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Sauron and Saruman.
Lex Luther and General Zod.
The Tooth Fairy and Hannibal the Cannibal.

It was only a matter of times until these forces of evil united their powers.

Money bags. That's what they are. Money Bags.

MasterOfPuppets
10-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Money bags. That's what they are. Money Bags.i was thinkin more of douchebags.....:noidea:

SteelCityMan786
10-26-2008, 02:16 PM
i was thinkin more of douchebags.....:noidea:

Works with me.

revefsreleets
10-26-2008, 03:44 PM
I'm think more like dirty used up and full colostomy bags...

MasterOfPuppets
10-26-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm think more like dirty used up and full colostomy bags...
pullin out the big guns now !!! :whatnow: ....nasty.....but fitting... :chuckle:

Rhee Rhee
10-26-2008, 08:53 PM
amazing how much ego there can be between these two teams.