PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations, "Bengals"...

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 09:11 AM
You are now allowed to talk a little smack...just a little.

By any reckoning, the Bengals are still the Steelers little *****es, and will be for a long, long, LONG time to come. Why?

Division titles:
Steelers 18
Cincy 4 (maybe 5 this year)

Conference Championship Appearances:
Steelers 12
Bengals 2

Conference titles (Also equals Super Bowl Appearances)
Steelers 5
Bengals 2

Super Bowl Championships:
Steelers 4
Bengals 0

So, enjoy your day. The Bengals earned it, but be mindful to respect your superiors...

BB2W
12-05-2005, 09:13 AM
Congrats Bunglebackers... :redface:

I hope the Steelers can turn things around and make a run so we can eliminate you in the playoffs.

wildjames
12-05-2005, 09:15 AM

By any reckoning, the Bengals are still the Steelers little *****es, and will be for a long, long, LONG time to come. Why?

Division titles:
Steelers 18

Steelers 12
Bengals 2

Steelers 5
Bengals 1

Steelers 4
Bengals 1

So, enjoy your day. The Bengals earned it, but be mindful to respect your superiors...

LOL the ONLY thing you can say is the PAST accomplishments? LOL I expected more out of you. That's pathetic.

I'm sure after the game, as Cowher shook Marvins hand, he whispered into his ear, "Yeah but we won the Super Bowl in 1976, beee otch."

Wow, I really expected more than that.

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 09:32 AM
Of course you'll be upset by that. Past accomplishments and history mean nothing to you, because, relatively speaking, your team has none. It's okay, I understand. But I'm not here to make you feel good about your legacy of losing. Enjoy your win...It actually meant something, for a change...

BB2W
12-05-2005, 10:36 AM
Bengal fans always want to forget "last year"... I don't think they remeber the last decade and a half. I think Bengals history stops in 1989, and starts back up in 2005. I live near Cincy and most Bengals fans are sore losers so I expect them to be poor winners.

Anyways, congratulations ya jerks... :rolleyes:

tony hipchest
12-05-2005, 11:25 AM
Wow, I really expected more than that.

only an idiot would expect a superbowl ring, trophy, and all the glory that comes with it just for beating the steelers ONCE in a REGULAR SEASON game. if youre gonna talk smack come correct, otherwise if youre just gonna jack yourself off you might wanna try somewhere else.

bengalsfan21
12-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Fact of the matter is, the Bengals weren't ready the first time around but they were when it was crunch time......Now the "respect" they are getting from steeler fans should be a bit more bc they came into your house and picked your team off out of the playoff race (not wild card). I think they deserve credit for that.

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 12:39 PM
It is "more", at least on my part.

It went from none to some.

Iron City Hangover
12-05-2005, 01:35 PM
A chance to be a class act and Suitanim falls flat on his face. Way to go, Jedi.

For the most part, it seems like acceptance settled in and Steeler fans are moving on. The focus should be on Chicago and not counting past wins.... by the way, Suitanim, the Bengals never won a Super Bowl. Your last stat is incorrect. Might want to use those Jedi powers to change the 1 to a 0. The Bengals had two appearances and lost both to the 49ers. You tried at least.

tony hipchest
12-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Fact of the matter is, the Bengals weren't ready the first time around but they were when it was crunch time......Now the "respect" they are getting from steeler fans should be a bit more bc they came into your house and picked your team off out of the playoff race (not wild card). I think they deserve credit for that. you and your bengals do deserve credit. as do fans like motley nate. but some of the other gomers dont deserve and havent earned crap. the bengals cant hog all the credit for knocking off the steelers like they were the patriots in last years afc champ game. 4 other teams beat the steelers this year. it would not be out of the bengals characteristic to reel this big fish in only to have the afc north crown fall off their hook in the next few weeks. carrot top johnson seems to think the bengals are on top for years to come. pretty immature there. the bengals are finally sniffing success now they must learn how to handle it and deal with the salary cap and players actually demanding big $$$$ or going elsewhere. but the coach gets my respect and so does the young qb. the organization as a whole still has some things to prove, and they are the bengals. unless they totally dismantle all opposition in the playoffs i wouldnt expect any steelerfans to be slobbing their knobs.

danman0011
12-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Steeler fan living in the past... The future is now! The North should belong to the Bengals for at least the next three seasons... and PLEASE quote me on that.. The Bengals are working to position themselves for a run a little like the run the Colts are making right now. The Bengals may make a little noise in the playoffs this year, but expect to see them wearing rings within three years. The Steelers reign of terror has finally ended! But at least you have your past..

tony hipchest
12-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Steeler fan living in the past... The future is now! The North should belong to the Bengals for at least the next three seasons... and PLEASE quote me on that.. The Bengals are working to position themselves for a run a little like the run the Colts are making right now. The Bengals may make a little noise in the playoffs this year, but expect to see them wearing rings within three years. The Steelers reign of terror has finally ended! But at least you have your past..

i game and this????? you guys already think youre the next patriots? lmao! 1 regular season win doesnt make you a dynasty there tiger. looks like the fans already got their playoff win for the next decade. hope the players are taking the same mindset.

danman0011
12-05-2005, 02:58 PM
If the Bengals can keep their young offensive line and receiving core together, and Rudi can continue to rush for 1000 yard seasons, the Bengals will continue to put a whole lot of points on the scoreboard for years to come; just like the Colts have over the past few seasons. Now Marvin and Bengals brass have to start building a strong defense to complete the puzzle. If this is done correctly, we will be a force in the North and could possible contend for an AFC championship. I think the AFC is way too strong for anything too special to happen this year, but our chances of a championship are only getting better as this very young team gains experience. I never once claimed dynasty, and don't expect any team to continue to win year after year in today's NFL, but this team has about as much potetial as any other in the league.

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 03:38 PM
A run like the Colts? That run will be one and done, provided they can win it all this year, because the salary cap will kill them.

Now that the Bengals have achieved a tiny bit of success, this thing called "Free Agency" will kick in, and your overrated players will get overpaid to leave and go play for terrible teams. It happens to all good teams, you'll see...

But maybe we should just wait and see how the rest of the season goes, since it was, after all, just one win. One lousy win, and now we have to hear about how the Bengals are Super Bowl contenders for the next 3 years? Maybe it's because the Bengals play their Super Bowl against the Steelers every year and usually lose, so once there's an actual win, they enter into unfamiliar territory. There's a LOT more football to be played yet this year.

danman0011
12-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Get used to fighting for wild cards! That will be the only way the Squealers will be seeing the post season for several years to come. Being the king sure feels good. Welcome to the Jungle, Beotch!

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 04:17 PM
The KING? You won one game...

Geesh, it's sure gonna suck for you when you guys get knocked out of the playoffs in the first game.

tony hipchest
12-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Get used to fighting for wild cards! That will be the only way the Squealers will be seeing the post season for several years to come. Being the king sure feels good. Welcome to the Jungle, Beotch!

i see what you did there....the little play on words.... "king of the jungle"? very clever. even moreso if your team were called the lions.

your mighty roar is akin to the somalis downing themselves a few blackhawk helicopters and then proclaiming themselves to be a world super power. or the japanese who still had to fight a war after their strike on pearl harbor.

sure it hurts but if you think the steelers will just fade into bungledom and wave and smile as other teams march on to the superbowl you will be disappointed.

wildjames
12-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Of course you'll be upset by that. Past accomplishments and history mean nothing to you, because, relatively speaking, your team has none. It's okay, I understand. But I'm not here to make you feel good about your legacy of losing. Enjoy your win...It actually meant something, for a change...

Wow what a sore loser. Well you live in the past while we, with the better players and team, enjoy our success. Your terrible towel didn't help you a damn on Sunday did it? lol.

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 05:31 PM
Wow what a sore loser. Well you live in the past while we, with the better players and team, enjoy our success. Your terrible towel didn't help you a damn on Sunday did it? lol.

You're just clueless, aren't you? This is about as much respect as I'm gonna give any team at any time ever. Learn how to win with a little grace, will ya? If your team spends half as much time gloating like jackasses and patting themselves on the back for finally beating the Steelers, they'll lose focus and get beat by the Browns next week.

tony hipchest
12-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Wow what a sore loser. Well you live in the past while we, with the better players and team, enjoy our success. Your terrible towel didn't help you a damn on Sunday did it? lol. the self quoted poster who brings more facts, points, and smack to this whole forum, breaking out with a terrible towel slam? LMAO

all bow to the bengals greatest most intelligent fan before he unleashes more of the most humiliating smack ever!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Congrats to the Bengals..u guys won the game and are in firm control of the AFCN. the mistakes killed us and u took advantage as a good team should. For that you are to be commended.

however, please dont go counting your chickens before they're hatched.. this is your first winning season in well over a decade.. and if you think we're just gonna stand by and watch you run away w/ the division for the next 3 years..you would be sadly mistaken. We are competitive every year, year in and year out.. We will be back to take our crown in 2006.. assuming you dont fall apart in 2005 in these last 4 games anyways. Remember this, we dominated you in the first game, and had we not had 7 damn turnovers in the game this outcome may very well have been different. This was not an ass whooping yesterday but rather the better team, for that day, won. We still had our chances but couldnt come up with it.

We will be back, but none the less, good luck in the rest of 2005.

danman0011
12-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Congrats to the Bengals..u guys won the game and are in firm control of the AFCN. the mistakes killed us and u took advantage as a good team should. For that you are to be commended.

however, please dont go counting your chickens before they're hatched.. this is your first winning season in well over a decade.. and if you think we're just gonna stand by and watch you run away w/ the division for the next 3 years..you would be sadly mistaken. We are competitive every year, year in and year out.. We will be back to take our crown in 2006.. assuming you dont fall apart in 2005 in these last 4 games anyways. Remember this, we dominated you in the first game, and had we not had 7 damn turnovers in the game this outcome may very well have been different. This was not an ass whooping yesterday but rather the better team, for that day, won. We still had our chances but couldnt come up with it.

We will be back, but none the less, good luck in the rest of 2005.

Class act! Blitzburgh you are 100% right. I do not see the stains or ratbirds really improving too greatly over the course of the next couple years and truly believe that the AFCN will go to one of two teams; bengals or Steelers. Sundays game was anyone's game but the Steelers made the mistakes and the Bengals took advantage. All I am saying, and no I am not blinded by one victory, is that the Bengals are going to be more than competative in the next two to four years. They should make the playoffs, AFCN champs or not, at least 2 of the next four seasons. Offensively the pieces are in place for this team to be very good for quite sometime. Steeler fan or Bengal fan, an intelligent fan of football in general would recognize this.

Prosdo
12-05-2005, 06:21 PM
I agree and look forward to seeing Ben and Carson duke it out for years to come. I like the combo of Chad and TJ on your team. You cover one the other ones open.

CantStop85
12-05-2005, 06:26 PM
I agree and look forward to seeing Ben and Carson duke it out for years to come. I like the combo of Chad and TJ on your team. You cover one the other ones open.
Not to mention the "next randy moss" Chris Henry. :smile:

It's ok guys, it's just like colored TV and black-and-white TV...it's time for you guys to move over for the better product and as Chad said, "get used to it." :cool:

tony hipchest
12-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Not to mention the "next randy moss" Chris Henry. :smile:

It's ok guys, it's just like colored TV and black-and-white TV...it's time for you guys to move over for the better product and as Chad said, "get used to it." :cool:

and while we are all listening to what carrot top says everyone dial 1-800-call att. everyone thought those commercials would last for years too.

CantStop85
12-05-2005, 06:41 PM
everyone thought those commercials would last for years too.
No...apparently just you.

danman0011
12-05-2005, 06:42 PM
All I can say for certain is that this rivalry has just become much more heated and the blast furnance will not be lacking smack for years to come. I am looking forward to the next meeting between these two organizations. Hopefully it will be in this years playofffs! As much as I dislike division rivals, I still root for them to nab the wildcard.

tony hipchest
12-05-2005, 06:57 PM
All I can say for certain is that this rivalry has just become much more heated and the blast furnance will not be lacking smack for years to come. I am looking forward to the next meeting between these two organizations. Hopefully it will be in this years playofffs! As much as I dislike division rivals, I still root for them to nab the wildcard. good. you may need the wild card if the bengals players think they won the north already with 4 games to go like their fans do. anyways the browns vs. steelers game was one of the best playoff games i have seen the steelers in and yesterdays game was quite entertaining. much better to watch than the colts crap. a rematch against the bengals in the playoffs would be great. if were in different brackets and they lose before that we still get em twice next year!

danman0011
12-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Hipchest... Do you honestly think that the Bengals will self destruct and not win the AFCN? Come on man.. There is an outside possibility, but honestly. i think that their remaining opponents have a win percentage of .400 and two of those games are at home. It is a possibility, but you have to admit it is highly unlikely for the bengals not to take home the divison.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2005, 07:17 PM
The clowns are still a couple years away Atleast..probably more, from being competitive.. the Ratbirds are just pathetic and have zero offense and an over rated and old defense. yeah that 46 defense thing worked out great didnt it Billick?? None the less they will be always be our chief rivals for the forseeable future due to the just plain hatred that the 2 teams and cities feel for each other. hell even billick and cowher dont like each other.

The bengals/steelers rivalry has taken on new signifigance to say the least. It will probably never be on the ratbird level simply due to the respect that the HC's have for each other..but its gonna be a wild 2 games every year from now on, thats for sure.

tony hipchest
12-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Hipchest... Do you honestly think that the Bengals will self destruct and not win the AFCN? Come on man.. There is an outside possibility, but honestly. i think that their remaining opponents have a win percentage of .400 and two of those games are at home. It is a possibility, but you have to admit it is highly unlikely for the bengals not to take home the divison. it may be improbable but not highly unlikely, just because it is the bengals. as you so eloquently stated "there is an outside possibility". no pun intended, but the cats not in the bag just yet. you have to admitt simple math suggests that. you think the browns appreciate c. johnson guaraneeing 40 pts against them next week? welcome to having a team with a target on its back.

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Again, if the Bengals players are anything like their fans, and decide that by beating Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, they've already won the Super Bowl and they can coast on that one win, they'll get beat by the Browns next week.

tony hipchest
12-05-2005, 08:01 PM
amazing bengalfans are cashing in on the season already. will inexperience rear its ugly head from the fanbase on up? listening to c. johnson it seems like it is already.

danman0011
12-05-2005, 09:58 PM
I will be back next week after the Stain win to discuss this further.

SteelCityMan786
12-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Hey Bengals. Forget Something. We were the FIRST AFC TEAM TO GO 15-1!

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Trent Dilfer isn't the QB anymore. Charlie Frye is. You may be surpried next week.

danman0011
12-06-2005, 08:09 AM
Hey Bengals. Forget Something. We were the FIRST AFC TEAM TO GO 15-1!

Hey Steeler fan. Congratulations on LAST YEAR! 15-1 didn't win you a Super Bowl or an AFC title. What exactly does a team get for going 15-1? Does the NFL give out 15-1 rings or 15-1 Plaques? I know, I know... At least you have won Super Bowls in the past. I am tired of hearing it. The future is now...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2005, 01:08 PM
They also dont give out plaque's and trophies for splitting the 2 divisional games with the Steelers either...

Koopa
12-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Hey Steeler fan. Congratulations on LAST YEAR! 15-1 didn't win you a Super Bowl or an AFC title. What exactly does a team get for going 15-1? Does the NFL give out 15-1 rings or 15-1 Plaques? I know, I know... At least you have won Super Bowls in the past. I am tired of hearing it. The future is now...

if that's the case i don't want to see you come back when y'all lose in the playoffs and if we don't make say at least we made the playoffs cause y'all don't get jack shit for making it and losing and it would be the past

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Guess we have to understand that after 15 years of complete nfl basement mediocrity they dont understand that just winning in the regular season against a rival, and 1 game at that, is any great accomplishment in the grand scheme of things..

CASTEEL
12-06-2005, 04:44 PM
... they dont understand that just winning in the regular season against a rival, and 1 game at that, is any great accomplishment in the grand scheme of things..

This is precisely the thing that gets me with the bungles, their fans, and the media. The bungles took one of two games and somehow they are already crowned the new Kings of the AFC N???
Props for the win.....
Thumbs down for the "We're the champs" attitudes!

GO STEELERS!!!

Motley Nate
12-06-2005, 10:00 PM

Division titles:
Steelers 18

Steelers 12
Bengals 2

Steelers 5
Bengals 2

Steelers 4
Bengals 0

Suitanim, I thought about going to Damon's to watch the game to see if you were there. I probably wouldn't have been hard to spot in a crowd considering I was sporting my new CJ jersey. Maybe we should do next year's games. I'm pretty sure regardless of the score, we'd both be b*tching about Dierdorf.

Suitanim
12-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Actually, I was at the game, and I'll be at all the rest of the games except for the Vikings game...so, next year is a deal. It's still the best place around to watch the games...

tony hipchest
12-07-2005, 10:54 AM
i wish they had a damons in my neck of the woods. i went once while visiting pittsburgh, to watch the firecracker 400. won 2 good tickets to the cubs pirates game playing the trivia. my final trip to 3 rivers stadium :(

danman0011
12-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Guess we have to understand that after 15 years of complete nfl basement mediocrity they dont understand that just winning in the regular season against a rival, and 1 game at that, is any great accomplishment in the grand scheme of things..

Your right... beating the Steelers in their house was NOT much of an accomplishment at all..

tony hipchest
12-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Your right... beating the Steelers in their house was NOT much of an accomplishment at all..

when is the ring ceremony? to they make up special hats and tee-shirts for that? i wouldnt know cause my team hasnt had a winning season in 15 years.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

danman0011
12-07-2005, 08:54 PM
when is the ring ceremony? to they make up special hats and tee-shirts for that? i wouldnt know cause my team hasnt had a winning season in 15 years.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Hey Hip replacement. Maybe you will win the AFCN next season. Good luck though

Suitanim
12-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Again, if the team is taking the same approach that it's fans are, the Bengals are EXTREMELY ripe for an upset this week.

There are still 4 games left, and nobody has won the AFCN yet...

danman0011
12-12-2005, 09:12 AM
One more win away from a division title!

Suitanim
12-12-2005, 09:22 AM
Bengals fans everywhere should be sending cards, letters and gifts to the officials for yesterday's game. I've never seen more horrible officiating than on that last Bengals drive. Just absolutely shockingly horrible calls on nonexistent phantom calls. They literally gave Cincy the game.

Iron City Hangover
12-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Bengals fans everywhere should be sending cards, letters and gifts to the officials for yesterday's game. I've never seen more horrible officiating than on that last Bengals drive. Just absolutely shockingly horrible calls on nonexistent phantom calls. They literally gave Cincy the game.
Actually, they should be forwarded to Leigh Bodden. He needs to keep his head in the game. You can't push over a receiver before the ball gets to him. :rolleyes:

Suitanim
12-12-2005, 09:41 AM
Actually, they should be forwarded to Leigh Bodden. He needs to keep his head in the game. You can't push over a receiver before the ball gets to him. :rolleyes:

Nice try...they both have equal opportunity at the ball...sadly, in this case, one receiver was named Chad Johnson and was playing for the home team that needed some field position, and the other wasn't.

danman0011
12-15-2005, 09:35 AM

You are so damn bitter you can't even stand it.

Suitanim
12-15-2005, 11:57 AM
No, I'm not. The Steelers can't win the Division EVERY year...it's all part of the circle of life. But, I've said this before, I HATE it when the officials dictate the outcome of games, and not the players, and the officials dictated the outcome of the game by giving the Bengals an unearned fresh set of downs in the Browns game. The 2nd call may have been alright, but the first was an atrocity.

clevestinks
12-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Bengals AFCN Champs? Say it isn`t so? Oh Well.

Props to the Bungles! Looking forward to our next meeting though

Stlrs4Life
12-18-2005, 07:13 PM
Congrats Bunglebackers... :redface:

I hope the Steelers can turn things around and make a run so we can eliminate you in the playoffs.

Bingo!!!!!!!

Interceptor
12-23-2005, 06:20 AM
Not all Bengals fans are beating their chest because of a division title win. Some of us believe it is a step in the right direction - but only a step. Now, where we go from here, how far we go in the playoffs and how we play the next few years will dictate if we are truly contenders. I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing a Bengals-Steelers rematch in the playoffs. You guys are our toughest division competitors and I would like to see for myself if we have truly come of age or if this season was just a fluke. Blitzburgh is correct in saying "don't count your chickens before they hatch." Definitely a hard lesson to be learned by all in light of what happened last year. Oh sure, I could throw that in your face, but I would decline to do that unless we win the Super Bowl because the same could happen to us - rip right through the playoffs only to come up short.

One of you mentioned that our season ended in 1989 and began again this year. In the same breath, the same could be said for the Steelers back in 1979. From that point on, the Bengals have been to the Super Bowl twice, the Steelers once. I'm not taking anything away from the Steelers' domination in the 1970's. They were pretty awesome. But they were different players representing a different era. Same can be said for the Bengals. We don't have the same players of 10 years ago. Both teams have a totally different set of players today. It just seems that the Bengals are meshing well together as a unit under the new head coach. I say this with cautious optimism - I see a great AFC North rivalry between our teams, hopefully a passing of the torch from one dynasty to another. But it's business first - see how well we do in the playoffs before making any conclusions.

Koopa
12-23-2005, 12:06 PM
good post mayne, i don't see the bengals winning anything this year, one and done, but that doesn't mean y'all are a fluke just don't have any playoff experince which is needed to be successful in the playoffs. the steelers vs bengals rivalry will last for as long as palmer and ben are leading these two teams and it's gonna be great to watch twice a year.

Motley Nate
12-23-2005, 12:12 PM
good post mayne, i don't see the bengals winning anything this year, one and done, but that doesn't mean y'all are a fluke just don't have any playoff experince which is needed to be successful in the playoffs. the steelers vs bengals rivalry will last for as long as palmer and ben are leading these two teams and it's gonna be great to watch twice a year.
Don't agree on how far the Bengals will go in the playoffs but I do agree that it's going to be the rivalry of the future.

:cheers: