PDA

View Full Version : How many coaches do you think will be gone this year?

Steeler in Carolina
10-26-2008, 10:42 AM
So far 3 teams have fired their head coach. I think this could be a record breaking year. Here's who I think may be get rid of their coach:

1. Cincinnati
2. Cleveland
3. Kansas City
4. San Diego
5. Minnesota
6. Detroit

Add to this list Holmgren is leaving in Seattle and Dungy thought about retiring last year, and the 3 already fired, you could have 11 jobs open for next year.

silver & black
10-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Norv is safe for another year, I think.... I hope. LOL!

MasterOfPuppets
10-26-2008, 02:01 PM
if dallas misses the playoffs, i think you can add phillips to the list. despite jones fake confidence in him. he didn't throw all that cash at garrett to stay a cordinator.

SteelCityMan786
10-26-2008, 02:17 PM
So far 3 teams have fired their head coach. I think this could be a record breaking year. Here's who I think may be get rid of their coach:

1. Cincinnati
2. Cleveland
3. Kansas City
4. San Diego
5. Minnesota
6. Detroit

Add to this list Holmgren is leaving in Seattle and Dungy thought about retiring last year, and the 3 already fired, you could have 11 jobs open for next year.

I wouldn't be stunned if these were the teams.

KeiselPower99
10-26-2008, 10:57 PM
San Deigo and Minnesota are safe for right now. Dallas wll be on that list if no SB is won. I actualy think Crennel is gonna get 1 more year in Cleveland.

Steelman16
10-26-2008, 11:16 PM
I think it'd be just like the Bungles to keep Marvin on for another year. :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
10-27-2008, 12:03 AM
I think it'd be just like the Bungles to keep Marvin on for another year. :chuckle:
i'd like to see the bungles and browns swap coaches for 5 years.....:thumbsup:

Lock Down
10-27-2008, 06:43 AM
No idea what the Chiefs organisation or even their fans thinks of Edwards but they have entered their rebuilding mode & doubt they expected to win many games, maybe he is safe for a while yet? i would have no clue though.

X-Terminator
10-27-2008, 10:20 AM

1. Cincinnati
2. Cleveland
3. Kansas City
4. San Diego
5. Minnesota
6. Detroit

Uncle Marv will resign in Cinsuck - Mike Brown will not fire him. I think Grimace gets one more year in Cleveland. Herm Edwards...iffy on that one because the Chefs are rebuilding. Turner and Childress get another year. Marinelli may as well pack his bags now. So I think there will be a max of 7 jobs open next year if you count Seattle, St. Louis, Oakland and San Francisco and I'm still not 100% certain if John Fox will keep his job in Carolina. That will depend on making the playoffs and making some noise.

stlrtruck
10-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Dungy's replacement as HC is already in place. The colts resigned him last year as he was looking at other positions.
I believe that's the same for the walrus in Seattle.

steelreserve
10-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Besides the obvious candidates everyone has mentioned, I think that if either the Jets or the Bears go into the tank during the second half of the season, those guys have a decent shot at getting fired too.

KeiselPower99
10-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Jim Mora Jr in Seattle and Ron Meeks in Indy. John Fox will keep his job as this year. Singletary and Haslett will be the coaches next year for the Niners and Rams.

Godfather
10-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Jim Mora Jr in Seattle and Ron Meeks in Indy. John Fox will keep his job as this year. Singletary and Haslett will be the coaches next year for the Niners and Rams.

I thought Caldwell was the heir apparent in Indy.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-27-2008, 03:18 PM
1. Cincinnati

Very well could be gone. Mike Brown doesn't fire coached unless they ask for more personell power, so Marv might have to resign or challenge the owner to get out.

2. Cleveland

I think this very well could be Romeo's last year, and it could be Savage's too if Lerner wants to hire Bill Cowher who wants to run his own show.

3. Kansas City

I think Herm keeps his job. They are in the process of rebuilding, you don't change coaches when rebuilding.

4. San Diego

This one I'm not sure of. If they miss out on the playoffs, Norv could be gone. Or they could keep him and see if he can right the ship next season with a healthy Merriman and a healthy WR corps.

5. Minnesota

If they miss the playoffs, Childress is gone. He hitched his wagon to Jackson and he hasn't been what CHildress thought he'd be.

6. Detroit

Their coach is good as gone. He was gone when Millen got fired.

7. Seattle

Mora takes over when Holmgren retires at the end of the season.

8. Indianapolis

Meeks takes over if Dungy retires.

Steeler in Carolina
10-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Even though Mora will take over in Seattle, do they still need to go through the interview process? I heard the NFL say that the Rams have to interview minorities and can't simply give it to Haslett.

The Patriot
10-27-2008, 07:32 PM
What about Wade Phillips? If the Cowboys don't make the playoffs I bet he's gone.

Havik
11-02-2008, 12:23 AM
The Chiefs went from promising to a complete joke within 2 years. Herm Edwards is gone.

I doubt the Lions will keep Marinelli around, but who cares? It's the Lions. No coach can succeed with that lack of talent.

Brad Clueless is gone. The joke that is Tavaris Jackson will be gone too.

As for the Bungles, Mike Brown cares about the money, and not about winning. He could save money by not firing Lewis and having to pay the rest of his contract, but Lewis could be the perfect scapegoat, and Brown could pick the next "savior" of the Bengals franchise. Either way, who cares. They are doomed to failure no matter what.

KeiselPower99
11-02-2008, 03:36 AM
What about Cowher to K.C.????

Glace
11-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Herm Edwards destroyed the Jets, then abandoned them to KC.

He was coming into a team where LJ was dominating and he completely destroyed it. All you heard with him at the helm of the Jets was "rebuilding".....Now he has been "rebuilding" since he took over KC.

I hate Herm Edwards. He's a joke and hope he never gets another head coach opportunity.

Glace
11-02-2008, 08:44 AM
Marvin Lewis should be fired.

Romeo Crennel should be gone unless he salvages this season and keeps winning. I'd have a hard time firing the coach that not only knocked off the defending superbowl champs, but completely demolished them. I do like the guy though. He has the perfect look for a Browns coach.

Detroit, I don't even know who their coach is, but as said before, once Millen went down, he's gone as well.

I sincerely doubt the Vikings fire Childress. There's too much potential on that team.

If Fox had a bad season in Carolina he may have been out the door, but they're not doing too bad.

I don't think Norv Turner gets fired, but if he is, it's for something more than just losing games you should win. It'd have to be like Mike Nolan where every player in your locker room hates you and doesn't respect you. I sure am sick of seeing LT being interviewed half crying about losing games. Wait...No I'm not!

Holmgren is gone in Seattle. I definitely think Mora will be there.

Indy...Jim Caldwell is taking over for Dungy. It's already been all through the news that he was next in line after Dungy left. Wonder how Dungy is feeling after chewing on whether to retire or not after last season?

And the big one. Wade Phillips. I'm sure Jerry Jones is full of crap and will fire Wade Phillips if they continue to struggle this season. I don't see it getting any better for big D. I'd love to see Jerry Jones take the helm himself, have a losing season and fire himself.

Dino 6 Rings
11-03-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm starting to think more and more that Cowher will be heading out west to take over the Chargers. Just seems like the kind of place he'd come back to.

steelreserve
11-04-2008, 01:07 PM
You know who else might fire their coach? Jacksonville. They're not doing so well this year, and their offense is looking just TERRIBLE.

Yeah, injuries might have something to do with it, but a big part of the problem is that they took a gamble ditching Leftwich for Garrard, and that's had pretty mediocre results. Del Rio stuck his neck out on that one, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him take the fall for it if they have a losing season.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Steelers offensive coordinater and offensive line coach are gone after this year

Edman
11-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Marlew will be fired, but the Bengals situation is the same as the Pirates. Until they get rid of that bastard owner they'll go nowhere as a franchise.

Marinelli is as good a gone, read the Bengals situation. It's the freakin' Lions, people.

Romeo is on his way out, and it wouldn't surprise me if Savage has gone with him. 0-7 versus the Steelers is more than enough to put you on the chopping block in Cleveland.

Wade Phillips is finished. He got the dreaded "endorsement" not too long ago. He's been a gutless failure of a coach for years. Just look at him. He doesn't want to be there.