PDA

View Full Version : 15 yds for "unneccesary demonstration"???

tony hipchest
10-26-2008, 01:19 PM
:huh: do the refs just make this shit up on the spot?

lance moore of the saints scored a td and did a soccer slide on his knees in the endzone, for the fans of london.

wtf :doh:

no malice. nothing unsportsmanlike, no props or anything excessive. just a slide. :banging:

fansince'76
10-26-2008, 01:21 PM
I understand Goodell is in attendance at that game. 'Nuff said. Congrats to Bud Selig - you're no longer the biggest joke of a commissioner in pro sports.

SteelCityMan786
10-26-2008, 01:23 PM
WTF? Yeah he was just trying to make the British feel like they're enjoying some of their own Football. How often do they get to see the NFL in Europe?

SteelCityMan786
10-26-2008, 01:24 PM
I understand Goodell is in attendance at that game. 'Nuff said. Congrats to Bud Selig - you're no longer the biggest joke of a commissioner in pro sports.

Actually Bud still is the biggest joke because he won't put in a Salary Cap in Baseball.

MACH1
10-26-2008, 01:34 PM
Wonder how much the fines going to be. :doh:

Borski
10-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Actually Bud still is the biggest joke because he won't put in a Salary Cap in Baseball.

Nah, I disagree since they are taking away the cap in football in a couple years.

Goodell is the biggest joke.

fansince'76
10-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Actually Bud still is the biggest joke....

Really? Does Selig hand out fines to players who play the game within the rules and the way it was meant to be played (Hines) while letting things that are clearly OUTSIDE the rules (bounties on opposing players, Rogers' late hit on Ben, death threats through the media, etc., etc.) slide? That's what I thought. Sorry, but Goodell has surpassed Selig as far as "boob factor" goes.

Edman
10-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Moore just showing a little love for the Soccer-crazy Brits.

Typical Roger Badell crap.

OneForTheToe
10-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Nah, I disagree since they are taking away the cap in football in a couple years.

Goodell is the biggest joke.

Thery are not taking away the cap because they want to. They are opting out of the labor agreement because the owners feel the players are making too much (especially unproven rookies). By opting out of the labor agreement the cap automatically disappears. After a year or two there will be another cap or a lock-out.

Goodell hasn't been in poewer long enough to rival Spud Seligs record as a commish.

Borski
10-26-2008, 02:25 PM
I don't see a cap coming back once its gone unfortunately.

Hapa
10-26-2008, 02:25 PM
He got fined because after you score a touchdown, once you get up (if you fell down), no part of your body can't touch the ground besides your feet.

steelpride12
10-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Its the stupid rule they made two seasons ago about not being allowed to get on your knees or on the ground in anyway to celebrate.
How dumb!

Steeler in Carolina
10-26-2008, 02:52 PM
What do you expect from the No Fun League.

steel striker
10-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Goodell makes me so mad I can't even speak. Whats next our punter makes a tackle so he will get fined. It would not surprise me at all.

tony hipchest
10-28-2008, 10:42 PM
also worthy of note was the patriots were getting handled by the lowly rams at home.

out of thousands of games, they were just the 50th team ever in a game to not be penalized since the afl/nfl merger.

got goodell?

The Duke
10-28-2008, 10:54 PM
also worthy of note was the patriots were getting handled by the lowly rams at home.

out of thousands of games, they were just the 50th team ever in a game to not be penalized since the afl/nfl merger.

got goodell?

at least the rams are doing something about it....

Rams send tape to NFL over what they believe are missed calls

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3668962

tony hipchest
10-28-2008, 11:05 PM
yeah, patriots have intercepted said tape and returned it for a touchdown to be later credited in a close game.

and i will be mysteriously involved in a "hit and run" accident on my way to work tomorrow for even insinuating such a thing....

got good 'ol dell?

Leftoverhard
10-29-2008, 10:23 AM
:huh: do the refs just make this shit up on the spot?

I actually believe they do - but don't worry, I'm sure soon they'll have it on paper.
Next they'll start judging players on their "unneccesary demonstrations."

"Uncool Jerry Lewis Attempt"
"Overused sign of the cross"
"Underexcited emotion"
"Boring spike"

stlrtruck
10-29-2008, 12:14 PM
I actually believe they do - but don't worry, I'm sure soon they'll have it on paper.
Next they'll start judging players on their "unneccesary demonstrations."

"Uncool Jerry Lewis Attempt"
"Overused sign of the cross"
"Underexcited emotion"
"Boring spike"

You forgot the whole, "Inability to jump in the stands"