10-26-2008, 07:33 PM
We would've kicked the FG on 3rd and 3, then botched punt

Hines0wnz
10-26-2008, 07:37 PM
ish happens man.

*shrug*

Edman
10-26-2008, 07:39 PM
No, we lost because our Offense sucked ass.

The Defense did more than a stellar job tonight.

Carolina Steelers
10-26-2008, 07:40 PM
-4 yds in the 4th qrt doesnt help

RunWillieRun
10-26-2008, 07:40 PM

The O needs a kick in the pants after this pathetic performance....horrible execution

HereWeGoSteelers219
10-26-2008, 07:41 PM
The O needs a kick in the pants after this pathetic performance....horrible execution

Ben had his worst game as a Steeler.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-26-2008, 07:44 PM
That was a horrible offensive football game, just effen horrible. Penalties, no pass blocking whatsoever.

I was very happy with our defense except for the lack of pressure on Manning, but that happens when you face an elite offensive line.

We are now 5-2, and we're 5-2 because our offensive line is just horrible.

Hines0wnz
10-26-2008, 07:46 PM
We are now 5-2, and we're 5-2 because our offensive line is just horrible.

Pretty much is the story of this season so far. :thumbsup:

SanAntonio'sHomes
10-26-2008, 07:46 PM
i really do not understand why the backup longsnapper is a linebacker and not hartwig who is already a center who snaps in shotgun situations........ how difficult could it be to snap an extra 10 yards!

X-Terminator
10-26-2008, 07:48 PM
i really do not understand why the backup longsnapper is a linebacker and not hartwig who is already a center who snaps in shotgun situations........ how difficult could it be to snap an extra 10 yards!

You would be surprised. It's not as easy as you think to snap a ball 15 yards right into the punter's hands, and not everyone can do it. If they could, then why would teams reserve a roster spot just for a long snapper? They'd just throw anyone in there.

Steelman16
10-26-2008, 07:50 PM
You would be surprised. It's not as easy as you think to snap a ball 15 yards right into the punter's hands, and not everyone can do it. If they could, then why would teams reserve a roster spot just for a long snapper? They'd just throw anyone in there.

Unless of course, football was something like Madden. Then Colon would be our LS. :chuckle:

HereWeGoSteelers219
10-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Pretty much is the story of this season so far. :thumbsup:

How can you blame it on the O-Line? ben just doesn't throw it at all. He sits in the pocket for 5 seconds everytime.

Hines0wnz
10-26-2008, 07:53 PM
How can you blame it on the O-Line? ben just doesn't throw it at all. He sits in the pocket for 5 seconds everytime.

Hmmm.....yet our D who had the most sacks coming into the game got ZERO today.

Do the math.

verks36
10-26-2008, 07:54 PM

The Defense did more than a stellar job tonight.

agreed

VTsteel
10-26-2008, 07:54 PM
I agree the obvious turning point was Harrisons snap out of the endzone . . . However watching Kiwinuka blow up Max Starks in the 4th quarter totally gets the blame from me.

Harrison was the designated back-up long snapper. Sure he did terribly - but at least he's not making $7 million this year to do his primary job like Max Starks is. Starks 4th quarter performance completely burns me right now.

That being said, our defense is freaking awesome and we will have a great chance to win any game the rest of the year.

kmsteelerwr15
10-26-2008, 07:55 PM

its Ben and the o-line collectivly, there are ones that the line gives him no time and there are other where he holds onto it too long.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-26-2008, 07:58 PM

He doesn't even get five seconds to sit in the pocket, he gets two seconds and then he has to scramble to avoid getting sacked.

When a QB has guys in his face 1.5 steps into a 3 or 5 step drop, that's the fault of the offensive line.

Rick5895
10-26-2008, 08:06 PM
YOu can't continually take false start penalties and holding penalties and expect to win. Starks was horrible , so was Colon, and Kemo late hit penalty really hurt. But Arians put his head up his ass when we had a 14-9 and called the game "not to lose"

X-Terminator
10-26-2008, 08:09 PM
He doesn't even get five seconds to sit in the pocket, he gets two seconds and then he has to scramble to avoid getting sacked.

When a QB has guys in his face 1.5 steps into a 3 or 5 step drop, that's the fault of the offensive line.

Sorry guys, but while I will not place the blame on Ben for this loss, he did have a couple of bad INTs today. I'm still looking for the receiver on the first one, and the 3rd one he should have just thrown to the popcorn vendor. He gets a mulligan on the other two. He still holds on to the ball too long at times looking for the big play, but at this point, we're going to have to accept that since many times he does get that big play from holding on to the ball. He's a gunslinger, and that's just the way it is.

Steel12
10-26-2008, 08:16 PM
We lose because Ben can't seem to get rid of the ball...

We lose because the O-Line had many dumb penalties...

We lose because William Gay can't cover 45 year old Amani Toomer on a 4th and 6...

We lose because Ben had 4 turnovers (only 1 was not his fault)...

I hate giving away games...it's frustrating!

Hannity_on_Holmes
10-26-2008, 08:17 PM
i think pitt needed santonio at this game.
im suprised it wasnt mentioned yet.

he really helps spread the field.

steelpride12
10-26-2008, 08:17 PM
It was just a bad 4th quarter all around that gave us the loss.
The offense was not clicking, and the Defense could not get turnovers to help out.
I'm not mad about this game we played well against a very good team.
HEADS UP!

stillers4me
10-26-2008, 08:20 PM

Yes.....we needed Santonio. He let his team down.

Steel12
10-26-2008, 08:25 PM
It was just a bad 4th quarter all around that gave us the loss.
The offense was not clicking, and the Defense could not get turnovers to help out.
I'm not mad about this game we played well against a very good team.
HEADS UP!

The Defense held them to 4 FGs and 1TD in the redzone to help us out...The game is winnable even without turnovers.

jjpro11
10-26-2008, 08:28 PM
a holding call on a 50 yard touchdown is what lost us the game.. another lousy game from willie colon. just bench him when marvel smith comes back and put starks at RT.. colon hasnt done a damn thing all year. false starts, holdings, and missed assignments.. i havent seen any improvement from him from last year to now.

rbryan
10-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Why is Harrison our backup long snapper???? We're paying a center millions whose familar to the position....... please tell me why Hartwig isn't the backup???

SanAntonio'sHomes
10-26-2008, 08:38 PM
I mentioned that in a different post... he is familiar with snapping and it is only an extra 10 yards from a shotgun snap. I would just feel that it would be more natural to give Hartwig some snaps during practice instead of bringing in a linebacker! They were going to bring in Farrior next because of Harrison's injury!

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Why is Harrison our backup long snapper???? We're paying a center millions whose familar to the position....... please tell me why Hartwig isn't the backup???

Snapping the ball one handed to a QB with hands under your behind or even in shotgun isnt the same as snapping a spiral 15 yards deep to the punter. Its an obtained skill. If you think its easy.....just go try it. Hartwig probably just cant do it.

Back in the day, I long snapped even though I was not the Center. Even youth football teams find the best guy to long snap and I rarely see it as the big guy that is the regular center.

I agree that it probably was the turning point of the game and I said so as soon as they carted Warren off. You would hope that of 53 talented athletes.....more than 1 can long snap, but I guess not.

stillers4me
10-26-2008, 08:41 PM
I mentioned that in a different post... he is familiar with snapping and it is only an extra 10 yards from a shotgun snap. I would just feel that it would be more natural to give Hartwig some snaps during practice instead of bringing in a linebacker! They were going to bring in Farrior next because of Harrison's injury!

What injury? I thought they were bringing in Farrior because Harrison sucked at longsnapper. (not that I hold it against him. I'm sure he's glad his other job is rock solid.)

jjpro11
10-26-2008, 08:43 PM
What injury? I thought they were bringing in Farrior because Harrison sucked at longsnapper. (not that I hold it against him. I'm sure he's gald his other job is rock solid.)

i thought i saw a trainer talking with harrison along with some coaches at the end of the game. i dont think it was anything serious though.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-27-2008, 10:50 AM
i thought i saw a trainer talking with harrison along with some coaches at the end of the game. i dont think it was anything serious though.

Harrison was groggy after getting blocked by Jacobs on the final Giants TD.....the guy was out on his feet and barely standing.

HometownGal
10-27-2008, 10:57 AM

I think I mentioned it in the Game Day thread somewhere.

I agree - Santo would have been a huge asset in this game spreading the field out. Can't cry over spilled milk, though. Hopefully, he's learned his lesson and will stay clean from here on out. Though Nate, Sweed, Heath (when utilized) and Hines carried the load well yesterday, the bottom line is that we need Santo out there. He has great chemistry with Ben and runs great routes. His absence isn't the reason the Steelers lost the game, but his presence would have been a tremendous bonus yesterday.