PDA

View Full Version : Injury Update

steelpride12
10-26-2008, 10:10 PM
http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/blogngold/default.aspx

To anyone bold enough to think a 14-2, even 12-4 season was in the offing: You gotta another think coming, eh?

The Steelers' injury situation in the aftermath of this loss read: one gone for the season, one leg up in the air and one shoulder unknown.

Long snapper Greg Warren tore an ACL and is lost for the remainder of 2008. "Nobody has two long snappers on their team; what you have is emergency snappers," Coach Mike Tomlin said, explaining the usage of linebacker James Harrison who, for the record, is backed by fellow linebacker James Farrior. So the Steelers will hit the market tonight, or Monday at the latest. (Tomlin said the lack of a tested long snapper isn't the complete reason why Tomlin opted to disdain a 51-yard field goal attempt on the second play of the fourth quarter; part of it was the length, or what he termed "the outer limits of field-goal range. [But] wen you have a backup snapper in there, you knew that tey were going to come after it."

Punter Mitch Berger has a balky hamstring -- get it, his punting leg is "up in the air"? -- and safety Ryan Clark discloated his right shoulder, but said afterward that he felt fine and hoped to play on Election Day Eve against Washington.

Wow Ryan Clark might play Monday great news.

Steelman16
10-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Dang, Ryan, you're one tough dude. :hatsoff:

After seeing Warren's knee collapse for the second time, I figured that he'd be out for season. That was ugly. Hopefully he recovers 100% and is back for us next year.

And um, James, maybe try some snaps after practice, k? :chuckle:

tony hipchest
10-26-2008, 10:14 PM
wheres mike schneck?

stillers4me
10-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Wow....it could be alot worse.

Still, 8 days for a dislocated shoulder is iffy.

jjpro11
10-26-2008, 11:04 PM
thats the second freak acl injury in a row that i have seen these past two days.. for anyone that watched ufc on saturday night, in the main event, one of the fighter's knee popped while he was just bouncing in the cage. no contact whatsoever, he just came down on it wrong and it popped.

anyways, we just need our guys back before the playoffs.. mcfadden, marvel smith, willie.. these guys have got to get healthy and stay healthy.

HometownGal
10-26-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Warren's injury is season-ending. Most teams don't have a specific back up snapper and we'll have to find one out there basically overnight.

Ryan Clark continues to amaze me. This guy has been through a lot and hearing that he expects to play against the Skins shows just how mentally tough this guy is. :drink:

Last but not least, I hope Mitch can get that hammy loosened up and in as best shape as possible for the Skins game. If anyone has ever experienced a hammy injury (I have) - it is very painful and seems to take forever to heal. Mitch has done a pretty good job in relief of Sep and we're going to need him as close to 100% as possible in the coming weeks.

jjpro11
10-26-2008, 11:12 PM
i thought i remembered seeing berger hobbling a bit last week.. this might be an injury that doesnt go away. i hope we have a backup plan in place.

MasterOfPuppets
10-26-2008, 11:13 PM
i think i seen somewhere where legursky was practicing as a long snapper in hopes of a better chance to make a team.....:noidea:

GridironWarrior
10-26-2008, 11:59 PM
The best way for Berger to heal is for the offense to never be put in punting situations, lol.

jjpro11
10-27-2008, 01:10 AM
The best way for Berger to heal is for the offense to never be put in punting situations, lol.

i remember in 04 when we had bus and duce there were a couple games where gardocki never stepped foot onto the field. those games were just physically dominating.

ricksteelers55
10-27-2008, 01:14 AM
well if Berger is injured bring back Gardocki,after all the guy's never had a blocked punt in his entire carreer

verks36
10-27-2008, 01:23 AM
wow that is a short time for a dislocated shoulder. THe bad part about dislocated shoulders is if they come out once there is a good chance they will come out again

Galax Steeler
10-27-2008, 04:38 AM
The injury to Warren that looked awfull but hopefully we can work through these injuries and get back to where we need to be.

steelpride12
10-27-2008, 08:37 AM
wow that is a short time for a dislocated shoulder. THe bad part about dislocated shoulders is if they come out once there is a good chance they will come out again

Ya i will be surprised to see Clark back on Monday Against the Skins, theats a tough injury.

SteelMember
10-27-2008, 08:53 AM
wheres mike schneck?

The "snap monkey" is with the falcons.

I think Jared Retkofsky (past traing camp player) might get a call. :noidea:

7/39/43
10-27-2008, 09:17 AM
they should of let the normal center Hartwig snap instead of Harrison, he snaps it over Ben's head at times so what's 5 extra yards to snap from the shotgun to the punter

missedgehead
10-27-2008, 10:04 AM
I don't see why we can't have a backup punter. I hope Ryan will be ok and I am sorry about Greg. Met him once. Nice guy.

steelpride12
10-27-2008, 11:12 AM
they should of let the normal center Hartwig snap instead of Harrison, he snaps it over Ben's head at times so what's 5 extra yards to snap from the shotgun to the punter

Well if Harrison gets unjured the 3rd string back up is Farrior. :banging:

7/39/43
10-27-2008, 01:30 PM
No William Gay
nice lanky fellow