PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Superbowl bound?

GBMelBlount
10-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Perhaps. Perhaps not. We're 5-2 and lost a close game to one of the top teams in the NFL. We are also sitting pretty good in our division right now. Our defense looks great and lets face it, defense often wins championships. Plus we have most of the season to work out the kinks on the offenisve line etc. I was very irritated that we lost, but putting it in perspective, I am very pleased at where we sit right now.

Glace
10-26-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm a little scared with the mounting injuries...I'm a little nervous about our Offense's lack of production...but the great teams fight through adversity.

The division is ours, so we've got the playoffs. After that, who knows? Anything can happen in the playoffs.

GBMelBlount
10-26-2008, 10:39 PM
I'm a little scared with the mounting injuries...I'm a little nervous about our Offense's lack of production...but the great teams fight through adversity.

The division is ours, so we've got the playoffs. After that, who knows? Anything can happen in the playoffs.

I am confident we will make the playoffs, but as always, one game at a time, right?. As far as injuries, ya, but some of our players have really stepped up imo so I feel like we are fighting through the adversity pretty well so far.....knock on wood.

Borski
10-26-2008, 10:42 PM

Though I am confidant we will win the division, It's nowere near a lock yet

Steelers 5-2
Ravens 4-3
Browns 3-4
Bengals 0-7

Ravens are still a threat, and we need to be on our A game.

jjpro11
10-26-2008, 10:59 PM
the conference is right there for the taking.. the afc is weak this year.. actually, the entire nfl seems weak this year. there is no dominant pats, and there is no offensive juggernaut colts. there are some great defenses this year, ours, titans, ravens, bucs.. out of all those teams, we have the best offense.. we just need to get our sh!t together in time for the playoffs.

stillers4me
10-26-2008, 11:04 PM
If we blink, the Rats are going to sneak ahead of us. Do you believe we actually have to root for..............the Browns next week??????????

MasterOfPuppets
10-26-2008, 11:07 PM
If we blink, the Rats are going to sneak ahead of us. Do you believe we actually have to root for..............the Browns next week??????????or a tie .....:thumbsup:

steelwall
10-27-2008, 12:35 AM
Lets get healthy. And for lords sakes get Miller the ball often, IMO he's the X faxtor.

IMO super bowl appearance is not out of the question.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-27-2008, 03:05 AM
I think we definatly have the best defense in the AFC and potentially the best offense if/when they get it together.

A Super Bowl appearance and win is damn sure not out of the question.

Galax Steeler
10-27-2008, 04:28 AM
We should be ok in the division we lost a game last night we should have won we beat ourselves if we can keep the mistakes down then there is no reason why we can't win.

Steeldude
10-27-2008, 06:14 AM
the easier part of the steelers' schedule is over. SB is a possibility, but with a poor O-line, iffy playcalling and a QB who can't make quick reads, it's going to be tough.

the steelers better be in the market for some tackles this off-season :smile:

Lock Down
10-27-2008, 06:25 AM
The way i have been trying to view it is that the offense hasn't quite peaked (obviously not close) however hopefully it can slowly or at this current stage of the season start gathering pace a bit quicker & become a dependable unit & reach a high level come end of season when you want to be at your best.

I hope & have belief that can still happen, though it is my fear that it might not work out this season.

Edman
10-27-2008, 08:27 AM
After what I've seen yesterday, I don't know if the Steelers will even make it out of the Wildcard round.

Injuries are piling up and the Offense has blown games this year.

RunWillieRun
10-27-2008, 08:36 AM
After what I've seen yesterday, I don't know if the Steelers will even make it out of the Wildcard round.

Injuries are piling up and the Offense has blown games this year.

QFT

steelpride12
10-27-2008, 08:37 AM
Why does it matter now?
We lost a game and we have injuries, lets take it one game at a time and worry about possible ways to get a W against the Skins.

GBMelBlount
10-27-2008, 09:33 AM
the easier part of the steelers' schedule is over. SB is a possibility, but with a poor O-line, iffy playcalling and a QB who can't make quick reads, it's going to be tough.

the steelers better be in the market for some tackles this off-season :smile:

This is EXACTLY how I feel. If they work the oline hard and work on Ben's quick reads and tighten up the play calling we could be in good shape assuming we don't lose focus and miss the playoffs. Point is, our weakness our obvious imo and we have 2 1/2 months to work on them.

And as always, we could sure use a break from the injury gods. (figuratively speaking) :chuckle: