PDA

View Full Version : BAD BAD coaching

flbeliever
10-27-2008, 07:00 AM
I posted several weeks ago concerning the poor coaching skills of Mike Tomlin. As I stated then, and I reiterate now, here in this post.....This guy is bad news for the Pittsburgh Steelers! I know I will get all kinds of flak about making a statement like this, but I do not, and I will not change my course on this guy. He was ONLY hired due to the Rooney rule, and though he might very well be a "nice" guy, he is definitely NO NFL head coach. That was a horrible display of coaching yesterday, and there is absolutely NO excuse for the piss poor coaching job executed from Mike Tomlin! I will continue to post these kinds of posts as the weeks, months, and God forbid, years go by that this guy continues to destroy the Steelers, in order to make a point that I believe if everyone was honest with themselves about, they would see, so that hopefully we NEVER make this mistake again! (Hiring a guy that has NO potential as a head coach in the NFL for political reasons) Ben didn't look very good out there, granted, but his HEAD coaching staff didn't give him ANY opportunities to win the game. Where was the no huddle? That is when Ben is at his best! Yet putting the game into Big Bens hands was nowhere to be seen. How many times do you have to hit Miller over the middle to understand how effective that play is. They did it 3 times yesterday, all successfully I might add, and yet they continue to go away from what works! What is that????? And finally.......WHY IN THE WORLD....DID THEY NOT KICK THE LONG FIELD GOAL AT THE BOXED IN END OF THE FIELD?????? Does Tomlin not understand ANYTHING about momentum????? I'm seriously hacked off at the PISS poor coaching in that game! It was ours to lose, and thanks to Tomlin we did just that!

fansince'76
10-27-2008, 07:01 AM
I will continue to post these kinds of posts as the weeks, months, and God forbid, years go by that this guy continues to destroy the Steelers, in order to make a point that I believe if everyone was honest with themselves about, they would see, so that hopefully we NEVER make this mistake again!

Translation: I will show up to bitch, whine and complain after every loss and remain mute after every win. I am a Steelers fan and as such am entitled to 45-0 blowouts every week with 16-0 regular seasons followed up by a Super Bowl win every year. And damn it, if I don't get it, I am going to throw a temper tantrum like a 3-year-old and hold my breath until I turn blue! :coffee: :yawn:

ChronoCross
10-27-2008, 07:09 AM
You say bad coaching. LOL. I have to laugh when are QB is trying to force balls and throwing balls in the ground. That is not coaching that is Ben. How are you suppost to win a game when your QB throws 4 INTs. Ben had a bad game and it seems something is wrong with him. Not to mention one of are star WRs not even playing because he is yet another idiot in the league who gets in trouble for drugs. Not to mention false starts and holding calls. Yea lets blame the coaching some more.

flbeliever
10-27-2008, 07:19 AM
You see, you guys are proving me right, right off the bat. Believe me, if I'm right about catching flak for pointing out the obvious, then you'll see how bad a coach this guy is down the road. But I highly doubt you'll remember these posts by then, huh?

fansince'76
10-27-2008, 07:20 AM
You see, you guys are proving me right, right off the bat. Believe me, if I'm right about catching flak for pointing out the obvious, then you'll see how bad a coach this guy is down the road. But I highly doubt you'll remember these posts by then, huh?

Where've you been since oh, say, around about the Philly game, then? The truth hurts, huh? You're "catching flak" for acting like a typical bandwagoner.

steelpride12
10-27-2008, 07:40 AM
I posted several weeks ago concerning the poor coaching skills of Mike Tomlin. As I stated then, and I reiterate now, here in this post.....This guy is bad news for the Pittsburgh Steelers! I know I will get all kinds of flak about making a statement like this, but I do not, and I will not change my course on this guy. He was ONLY hired due to the Rooney rule, and though he might very well be a "nice" guy, he is definitely NO NFL head coach. That was a horrible display of coaching yesterday, and there is absolutely NO excuse for the piss poor coaching job executed from Mike Tomlin! I will continue to post these kinds of posts as the weeks, months, and God forbid, years go by that this guy continues to destroy the Steelers, in order to make a point that I believe if everyone was honest with themselves about, they would see, so that hopefully we NEVER make this mistake again! (Hiring a guy that has NO potential as a head coach in the NFL for political reasons) Ben didn't look very good out there, granted, but his HEAD coaching staff didn't give him ANY opportunities to win the game. Where was the no huddle? That is when Ben is at his best! Yet putting the game into Big Bens hands was nowhere to be seen. How many times do you have to hit Miller over the middle to understand how effective that play is. They did it 3 times yesterday, all successfully I might add, and yet they continue to go away from what works! What is that????? And finally.......WHY IN THE WORLD....DID THEY NOT KICK THE LONG FIELD GOAL AT THE BOXED IN END OF THE FIELD?????? Does Tomlin not understand ANYTHING about momentum????? I'm seriously hacked off at the PISS poor coaching in that game! It was ours to lose, and thanks to Tomlin we did just that!

Until i see you walk on the field and make better coaching moves then Tomlin, you can't complain.
He has brought this team up and he has an impressive record bringing us in the playoffs in his first season and looking like two in a row, and thats bad coaching?
He is a players coach and the team loves him, and respects him for that, and i have not seen many poor moves by Tomlin, so you bandwagon go jump in a hole and hide till the Steelers win like always.

STEELtownHAVOX
10-27-2008, 08:00 AM
i remember this guy, what was it, week 3 we last heard from him? Funny stuff again.

SteelMember
10-27-2008, 08:07 AM
The coaches don't execute the plays...neither did the offense.:coffee:

Michael Keller
10-27-2008, 08:28 AM
This discussion about "good coaching -bad coaching" continues on . None of us has to come to a conclusion NOW. We have at least 10 more games to go.

I will say this and I believe most Steeler fans will agree THERE ARE PROBLEMS WITH THE OFFENSE. Most of us are looking for the answer to the problem. To blame Tomlin in his second year is probably unfair.

Personally I think there is something wrong the way we have drafted , handled free agency (Starks deal on top of the list) and for the most part>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PLAY CALLING. This has been my opinion for one and half years. I am not a bandwagon guy so please do not label fans. To do so is taking yur frustrations out on them. Fibeliever is angry at the coaching -He may be right he may be wrong but the Steeler offense is at best suspect and possibly very poorly coached and poorly executed.

The steeler offese need to work the short game , slants and curls out of the backfield and go to heath Miller as the first option short and intermediate. They do it sucessfully and then they go away from the short game before the opposng defense stops it. Mix a few long passes and of course always rely on the run. I could go on and on but point in fact is the somebody , be it Arain, Tomlin or Ben does not seem to have a "FEEL FOR THE OFFENSIVE GAME".

In conclusion I am neither on the wagen or off the wagen. I do not even have a wagen . I just believe the Steeler offense needs some serious adjustments and soon.

My concern now is that Ben will try to do too much and lose his rythem and timming. Clearly he is holding the ball too long.

HometownGal
10-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Translation: I will show up to bitch, whine and complain after every loss and remain mute after every win. I am a Steelers fan and as such am entitled to 45-0 blowouts every week with 16-0 regular seasons followed up by a Super Bowl win every year. And damn it, if I don't get it, I am going to throw a temper tantrum like a 3-year-old and hold my breath until I turn blue! :coffee: :yawn:

:laughing::rofl::laughing: Sad, but obviously very true.

I will continue to post these kinds of posts as the weeks, months, and God forbid, years go by that this guy continues to destroy the Steelers, in order to make a point that I believe if everyone was honest with themselves about, they would see, so that hopefully we NEVER make this mistake again!

Meow, meow, meow, meow. :coffee:

Ummm - no you won't because if you continue with your MO of only showing up after Steelers losses to B & M, cry and stomp your itty bitty wittle feet, you'll be tossed out into cyberspace with the rest of the trolls who try to stink up this board with their drivel.

If you had a legitimate reason to whine, I'd have no problem, but your post above is ludicrous to say the least.

Edman
10-27-2008, 08:59 AM
Fiar Tawmlin! :chuckle:

memphissteelergirl
10-27-2008, 09:09 AM

Well I was going to come up with a rebuttal...but this post is obviously from a "butt" anyway, so why bother? :coffee:

Dodt
10-27-2008, 09:26 AM
apparently to some its the end of the season as we know , but i feel it will be just fine.

OneForTheToe
10-27-2008, 09:30 AM

Well, we finally agree on something. As a matter a fact I am forgetting as I type.

devilsdancefloor
10-27-2008, 09:58 AM
I am new around here my first week here actually is this common after every lose fire coach fire Bruce Arians :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah: ? if i i didnt know better i would say not a troll, but sniff sniif smells like a browns fan :noidea::noidea:

fansince'76
10-27-2008, 09:59 AM
I am new around here my first week here actually is this common after every lose fire coach fire Bruce Arians :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah: ? if i i didnt know better i would say not a troll, but sniff sniif smells like a browns fan :noidea::noidea:

Yep, this is commonplace after a loss.

steeler43pa
10-27-2008, 11:03 AM

Dude, you are so wrong. That game was ours to win. We were winning it. You could question some of the play calling and where did the no huddle go. I can agree on that. However we were driving for another TD and 3 flags in a row that negate 2 first downs and a TD is what lost that game. In my opion it was Willie Colon that lost it for us. The TD that got called back was the turning point. If that sticks it was the back breaker for the G-Men.

fansince'76
10-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Dude, you are so wrong.

Come on now, we all know what a lousy track record the Rooneys have had with their last couple HCs. Tomlin needs to go. :rolleyes:

MACH1
10-27-2008, 11:12 AM

http://members.arstechnica.com/x/svdsinner/warm_cup_STFU.jpg

Hannity_on_Holmes
10-27-2008, 11:18 AM

im sorry i just enjoy masturbating so much more than listening to your garbage. mike tomlin is the shit. Giants just have amazing depth at WR. The g-men defense read big ben like a book. what i took from the game is that Burgh' can play with the best of em. and we should be able to make the playoffs.

stlrtruck
10-27-2008, 12:48 PM

This coach is 15-9 during the regular season. Which isn't shabby considering Cowher had simliar stats his first two years. A coach can only coach so much and then it comes down to player execution. If the players don't execute every play then it shows on the field - doesn't matter how much the coach has done (or not done by your reasoning) in preparation.

Tomlin is a good coach but eventually you've got to turn your head to the field and off the sidelines!

ShutDown24
10-27-2008, 01:07 PM

All I need to respond to is the field goal kicking... It was a 51 yard field goal - no easy feat to accomplish with a healthy FG unit. The long snapper, Greg Warren, was injured. It's obvious you know little about football, so I'll let you in on a little secret - long snapping isn't easy. Kicking field goals looks automatic on TV, but getting the ball from the long snapper to the holder, the holder getting the ball down, and the kicker getting in a clean hit on the ball takes some skill. There wasn't a good chance of the ball getting to the holder with makeshift LSer James Harrison in there. Why would you go for it? That would be bad coaching.

Everything else you said doen't even warrant a response.

Leftoverhard
10-27-2008, 01:09 PM
boring.

Godfather
10-27-2008, 02:15 PM
All I need to respond to is the field goal kicking... It was a 51 yard field goal - no easy feat to accomplish with a healthy FG unit. The long snapper, Greg Warren, was injured. It's obvious you know little about football, so I'll let you in on a little secret - long snapping isn't easy. Kicking field goals looks automatic on TV, but getting the ball from the long snapper to the holder, the holder getting the ball down, and the kicker getting in a clean hit on the ball takes some skill. There wasn't a good chance of the ball getting to the holder with makeshift LSer James Harrison in there. Why would you go for it? That would be bad coaching.

Everything else you said doen't even warrant a response.

Don't forget the fact that FGs of 50 or longer are virtually unmakeable at Heinz Field no matter which end you're kicking in. Going for it on fourth down is a higher percentage play.

He also doesn't know the Rooney Rule. The Steelers could have interviewed any minority candidate and were free to hire any coach they wanted.

devilsdancefloor
10-27-2008, 02:26 PM
OK it is good to know after every loss i need to bring this with me into the SF forums http://xs432.xs.to/xs432/08441/258troll_spray350.jpg

TheWarDen86
10-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Ben didn't look very good out there, granted, but his HEAD coaching staff didn't give him ANY opportunities to win the game. Where was the no huddle? That is when Ben is at his best! Yet putting the game into Big Bens hands was nowhere to be seen.

Unless I'm mistaken, Ben has plenty of say in what plays are called and what plays are scrapped. If Ben wants the no huddle (which they did go to early) all he has to do is say so.

The coaches don't execute the plays...neither did the offense.:coffee:

That too.

steelmatic1906
10-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Its not Tomlins fault that his team is severly banged up and one player wanted to get high before a big game. I know alot of bad Teams that would love Tomlin and his 5-2 record this year.

Who would you have perfered? new coaches hire over the last couple yrs; Wade Phillips, Sean Payton, Cam Cameron, Mangini, Scott Linehan? I would Take Tomlin over all those guys! The grass isnt always greener buddy.

Preacher
10-27-2008, 03:36 PM

So...

You are saying this man was only hired because he is black? Is that right?

His SKIN COLOR got him his job?

I just want to be clear on this...

TheWarDen86
10-27-2008, 03:40 PM
So...

You are saying this man was only hired because he is black? Is that right?

His SKIN COLOR got him his job?

I just want to be clear on this...

I'm not sure how he could say that Preach. If I recall, Russ Grim was almost assured to get the job until Mike Tomlin came along and impressed the Sh*t out of everyone. But you're correct in questioning this fool.

I'm glad we have Mike Tomlin. I'm wondering if Bruce Arians still deserves my allegience, but Tomlin is good quality all around.

I bleed black and gold
10-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Not kicking the field goal was a major blunder. It would've put them up by 7 and built some momentum. Not being as clearheaded as usual at the time, I was thinking back today and figuring that Warren had already been injured at that point....or maybe Reed was hurting, though he had been kicking off pretty well. So why in the hell did they not kick it?

lilyoder6
10-27-2008, 04:11 PM
like said b4.. tomlin can only do so much in coaching the players.. it's the players responiblity to go out and perform.. tomlin is not on the field playing the game..

tomlin's job is to get the team rdy for the game, then it's the players job to go out and play

Preacher
10-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Not kicking the field goal was a major blunder. It would've put them up by 7 and built some momentum. Not being as clearheaded as usual at the time, I was thinking back today and figuring that Warren had already been injured at that point....or maybe Reed was hurting, though he had been kicking off pretty well. So why in the hell did they not kick it?

Yep. We had lost our LS at that point. Going for a field goal was a REAL iffy proposition, especially with the distance. The snap has to be excellent to get the ball down and kicked quickly, or penetration of the D. will greatly enhance the chances of the ball being blocked.. and possibly ran back for a TD.

A punt puts them at the 20 probably.. maybe not. But it still puts the ball in their hands either way.

I am ok. with them taking the risk there. After years of Cowher football and losing close games by playing not to lose, I am happy that when we do lose a game, it is because we are playing to win and fall short.

ricksteelers55
10-27-2008, 04:53 PM

First of all who hired that guy ? The Rooneys. Who are the owners of this team ? The Rooneys. Who are the face of the Steelers ? The Rooneys ...then if you dont like their choices maybe you should think about rooting for another team that do stuff like firing their coaches 2 times a year...hey I found a team for you the RAIDERS.

now funny how stupid your comments are,Steelers defense is number 1 since last year and weird enough that is the year that Mike Tomlin first came in

we dont need ''fans''(you're not what we can call a fan but anyway) like you

Go Steelers

flbeliever
10-29-2008, 05:25 AM

Thank You!

And for the rest of you idiots, I've been a Steeler fans since way before your mamas were wiping your bottoms for you! All I've got to say is watch and see what happens. Most new coaches to a team ie..... John Gruden, for example..... come in a pick up a team that has already been well established, such as the Pittsburgh Steelers were before Tomlin. Sure, the coach looks great for two or three seasons, until they have totally destroyed the team, and are actually faced with the "real" challenge of having to build one and then thier true coaching colors begin to show. Give it another couple of years guys, you'll see this trend continue, I guarantee it. As far as my feelings on Tomlin being hired because he was black, Preacher Man, I think it's obvious that your racial tendencies are shining through, as I didn't say it had anything to do with the "color" of his skin. I was more upset that Grimm wasn't hired, and strongly believe it was due to the Rooney rule, and Dan had to stand behind it and show that he was being politically correct. The KEY word here being POLITICAL! Just like giving Barak (aka Barry) Hussien Obama a stinkin Steeler jersey yesterday! One more thing, then I'll let you sheep follow each other in your usual rounds of bashing my post, instead of being somewhat open minded to what will be obvious soon enough. If I were a bandwagon jumper as some of you have ignorantly described me as being, then I certainly wouldn't be wasting my time even reading this stupid board, however, from time to time, I do run across a good post, and enjoy it when someone is not on the same "bandwagon" with everyone else and is actually open to the truth of the matter.:banging:

stillers4me
10-29-2008, 05:38 AM
Go cheer for the Bengals.......there's lots of room on their bandwagon.

xfl2001fan
10-29-2008, 05:57 AM
Thank You!

And for the rest of you idiots, I've been a Steeler fans since way before your mamas were wiping your bottoms for you! All I've got to say is watch and see what happens. Most new coaches to a team ie..... John Gruden, for example..... come in a pick up a team that has already been well established, such as the Pittsburgh Steelers were before Tomlin. Sure, the coach looks great for two or three seasons, until they have totally destroyed the team, and are actually faced with the "real" challenge of having to build one and then thier true coaching colors begin to show. Give it another couple of years guys, you'll see this trend continue, I guarantee it. As far as my feelings on Tomlin being hired because he was black, Preacher Man, I think it's obvious that your racial tendencies are shining through, as I didn't say it had anything to do with the "color" of his skin. I was more upset that Grimm wasn't hired, and strongly believe it was due to the Rooney rule, and Dan had to stand behind it and show that he was being politically correct. The KEY word here being POLITICAL! Just like giving Barak (aka Barry) Hussien Obama a stinkin Steeler jersey yesterday! One more thing, then I'll let you sheep follow each other in your usual rounds of bashing my post, instead of being somewhat open minded to what will be obvious soon enough. If I were a bandwagon jumper as some of you have ignorantly described me as being, then I certainly wouldn't be wasting my time even reading this stupid board, however, from time to time, I do run across a good post, and enjoy it when someone is not on the same "bandwagon" with everyone else and is actually open to the truth of the matter.:banging:

Idiots? You come in here and start a flame war on a Steelers site (claiming to be a Steelers fan) and these folks are idiots?

So the Bucs are a bad team because Gruden can't coach? Was it not the Raiders that he left that he beat in the Superbowl? Are the Buccaneers not contenders every year in their division? Yeah, Gruden has done a hack job down in Tampa Bay.

You see race because you want to see race. Plain and simple. Obama is a far more charismatic personality than anyone else the democrats could put forward...and that's the only way they keep the Republican's out of the White House.

Continue :banging: because it may knock some sense into you. Your team is actually a good team and Tomlin is doing the best he can with what he was given. Keep in mind, the team was built around a power running scheme...and FWP doesn't exactly fit that mold. He can run with some power, but he's not the Bus. The lineman fit the scheme that used to be...but there needs to be some transition to get all the players on the same page.

Sitting at 5-2 as a team "in transition" is not a bad place to be. Unless you'd rather like my team. We've been a team in transition since 1999. So you seriously need to STFU about this. You have no clue what it's like to have bad coaching, shitty players and no chance. You make it seem as if your team (a perennial contender) is no good and never has been.

SteelMusic
10-29-2008, 06:16 AM
BAD BAD posting

fansince'76
10-29-2008, 07:14 AM
And for the rest of you idiots....

Only see one idiot here, bud. :coffee:

Most new coaches to a team ie..... John Gruden, for example..... come in a pick up a team that has already been well established, such as the Pittsburgh Steelers were before Tomlin. Sure, the coach looks great for two or three seasons, until they have totally destroyed the team, and are actually faced with the "real" challenge of having to build one and then thier true coaching colors begin to show. Give it another couple of years guys, you'll see this trend continue....

What, you mean the "trend" that was established of taking an 8-8 underachieving nonplayoff team in 2006 back to 10-6 and a playoff appearance in 2007 in his first year as HC despite the team being decimated by injuries late in the season? I can live with this "trend" continuing. :coffee:

I was more upset that Grimm wasn't hired, and strongly believe it was due to the Rooney rule, and Dan had to stand behind it and show that he was being politically correct.
The KEY word here being POLITICAL! Just like giving Barak (aka Barry) Hussien Obama a stinkin Steeler jersey yesterday!

I guess the Rooney Rule is the reason Grimm hasn't been snapped up as a HC anywhere else as well, then? I think I trust the Rooneys' track record with HCs more than your ridiculous and downright retarded assertion of Tomlin's hiring being based solely on political correctness there, bud. :coffee:

If I were a bandwagon jumper as some of you have ignorantly described me as being, then I certainly wouldn't be wasting my time even reading this stupid board, however, from time to time, I do run across a good post, and enjoy it when someone is not on the same "bandwagon" with everyone else and is actually open to the truth of the matter.

Once more, I haven't seen "truth" from you yet, just idiotic half-assed opinions which I cannot take seriously as I actually have more than two brain cells to rub together, unlike yourself. You may go now. :coffee:

X-Terminator
10-29-2008, 07:25 AM
Idiots? You come in here and start a flame war on a Steelers site (claiming to be a Steelers fan) and these folks are idiots?

So the Bucs are a bad team because Gruden can't coach? Was it not the Raiders that he left that he beat in the Superbowl? Are the Buccaneers not contenders every year in their division? Yeah, Gruden has done a hack job down in Tampa Bay.

You see race because you want to see race. Plain and simple. Obama is a far more charismatic personality than anyone else the democrats could put forward...and that's the only way they keep the Republican's out of the White House.

Continue :banging: because it may knock some sense into you. Your team is actually a good team and Tomlin is doing the best he can with what he was given. Keep in mind, the team was built around a power running scheme...and FWP doesn't exactly fit that mold. He can run with some power, but he's not the Bus. The lineman fit the scheme that used to be...but there needs to be some transition to get all the players on the same page.

Sitting at 5-2 as a team "in transition" is not a bad place to be. Unless you'd rather like my team. We've been a team in transition since 1999. So you seriously need to STFU about this. You have no clue what it's like to have bad coaching, shitty players and no chance. You make it seem as if your team (a perennial contender) is no good and never has been.

Wow.

You know you've reached labyrinthian levels of stupidity when you have a BROWNS FAN coming to the defense of his most hated rival. Congratulations, flbeliever! You are now dismissed.

What an idiot.

BritishSteel
10-29-2008, 08:38 AM
Thank You!

And for the rest of you idiots, I've been a Steeler fans since way before your mamas were wiping your bottoms for you! All I've got to say is watch and see what happens.

In that case where were you after the Texans blow-out? How about after the Jaguars game? Where were you when we beat the Ravens?

Will you come back if we make the Championship game and tell us how shit our coaching is after making the play-offs with half a team injured and the toughest schedule since the merger? Will you?

xfl2001fan
10-29-2008, 10:17 AM
I might have managed to remain outside of this argument had he not called everyone here idiots (which means me too).

I don't like trolls calling me an idiot...and like it less when it's about people I have a lot of respect for (despite their fault of liking the Steelers.)

rbryan
10-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Half the teams in the NFL lose every week.

Sometimes teams even lose for reasons that DON'T warrant firing the coach, benching the QB, etc...

If you're the kind of fan that feels the need to blame someone everytime the Steelers lose.....look in the mirror. IMO, its your fault....lol

Edman
10-29-2008, 10:51 AM
I don't understand. Tomlin is 15-8 as a head coach and already has a division title under his belt and he deserves to be fired?

This guy is just a troll, nothing more.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Not kicking the field goal was a major blunder. .... So why in the hell did they not kick it?

52 yard FG, in Heinz Field, with James Harrison snapping. If you miss it, the Giants get the ball on the 42 yard line. That is why!!!!

Here is what Tomlin said
"When you have a backup snapper in there, you knew that they were going to come after it. I just didn't feel comfortable kicking with whoever we put out there in that position."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08301/923231-66.stm

I think going for it was the right move. The problem is that I would not limit my options to only Hines Ward on that waggle, square out play in the flat. Should have ran at least 3 WR's up the field.

rbryan
10-29-2008, 10:56 AM
Its Harrisons fault.....I expect the stud whose leading the team in sacks to be able to longsnap too....cut him

rbryan
10-29-2008, 11:04 AM
I had no idea who the backup LS was prior to Sun, but if you gave me 50 chances to guess..... I still wouldn't have gotten to Harrison....lol

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-29-2008, 11:07 AM
And for the rest of you idiots, I've been a Steeler fans since way before your mamas were wiping your bottoms for you!

. I was more upset that Grimm wasn't hired, and strongly believe it was due to the Rooney rule, and Dan had to stand behind it and show that he was being politically correct. :

Could you please clarify how long you have been a "Steeler fans"?? A numeric date would be fine....instead of "wiping your bottoms".

Why were you upset that Grimm wasnt hired?? Are you his agent?? A relative perhaps??

If Grimm was such a great candidate, then could you explain why Grimm has interviewed for the Head Coach position at Arizona, Atlanta, Chicago and Pittsburgh and never received an offer??

Finally, if you could offer some hint as to your background that makes you an authority on evaluating football coaching talent, it would be appreciated. Like if you are a coach, Athletic Director, GM or something which would rebutt the belief that you are just some noob that lives under a bridge. Thanks in advance for your cooperation. :thumbsup:

rbryan
10-29-2008, 11:09 AM
He stayed at a Holiday Inn last night???

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Its Harrisons fault.....I expect the stud whose leading the team in sacks to be able to longsnap too....cut him

You cant cut him, because of the "Rooney Rule" they are politically obliged to keep him. Its why Mike Vrabel was let go in favor of Joey Porter ... :rolleyes:

Its all about the minority hire :wink02:

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-29-2008, 11:20 AM
He stayed at a Holiday Inn last night???

Thats the only way I am able to log onto this website without my kids help. My VCR would still be blinking 12:00 if it wasnt for the H.I. Express.

Honestly, I dont know how I missed this thread for the past couple days and find it utterly hilarious. Tony Dungy, Brad Childress, Jon Gruden, Darren Sharper and the Rooneys all acknowledge that Tomlin has this innate impressive ability to motivate people, lead men and is a tireless student of the game. Yet each week there is a loss.....the hecklers come out.

If Grimm was such a great head coach prospect, then he would be a HC somewhere. Kind of like how Ron Rivera has been a HC prospect for years and nobody is gonna give him a shot.

Coaching involves teaching and Grimm was admittedly sloppy in his detail when coaching the O line. Grimm didnt care how you block a guy, just get it done. As a Head Coach, if you are not a student of the game, a great teacher/motivator and indifferent to detail....you cant run effective practices which result in bad play. The new guy in Atlanta, Mike Smith is a great HC prospect as is Tomlin. They will get even better with experience.

#1LambertFan
10-29-2008, 11:34 AM
The line sucked, Big Ben didn't know what to do, special teams fell through, a very bad call on the second td to Washington. Bad coaching by Tomlin? No! Maybe Arians but not Tomlin. The Rooney rule does not MAKE you hire a non-white coach, but just to interview one. Rooney had to have seen something in Tomlin to not give Labeau the job. Tomlin is young and enthusiastic. He took us from an 8-8 season to a 10-6 season with a playoff appearance. His overall record is 15-8 ecluding playoffs. That's a good record, especially for a young coach.

memphissteelergirl
10-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Wow.

You know you've reached labyrinthian levels of stupidity when you have a BROWNS FAN coming to the defense of his most hated rival. Congratulations, flbeliever! You are now dismissed.

What an idiot.

LOL....ya got that right! :rofl: