PDA

View Full Version : Okay enough mourning - I moved on - who's ready for the Skins?

XxKnightxX
10-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Ok Giants game was a bitter one, but a good nights sleep and I think Im good, nothing you can do. This is the third game against the nfc east. We gotta get a win without a doubt since were 0-2 against them. The skins dont turn the ball over but im confident our defense will find a way to rattle Jason Campbell. But without a doubt the steelers biggest concern is Clinton Portis since this guy is running wild on everyone.

Any other thoughts or comments? Anyone else knows the status on Parker and if hell be back this week?

drucifer
10-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Oh, for St. Pete's sake, am I ever! Sickening L which should have been a W, but I know (i.e., "hope") our boys will be ready for the Redskins. Portis will not have a good game next Monday night, and hopefully Jason Campbell throws his first INT in that game.

SteelersMongol
10-27-2008, 10:36 AM
I am. Parker is not gonna B back as far as I know. The way V hanled G-Men rushing offence, I don't think V'd have any problems with containing Portis. What concerns me is our good ol' Randle El.

X-Terminator
10-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Not looking ahead, but I don't care if we lose every game in the NFC East - the conference/division games are the ones that matter most. So the 3 straight home games against the Colts, Chargers and Bungles will be make or break the season.

steelerstrade
10-27-2008, 11:07 AM
The Redskins can certainly run the ball, lets hope the Steelers can shut Portis down (which I think they can do)...

Hopefully Randle El does as well as Plaxico did yesterday

steelpride12
10-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Its not our division, so i don't see it as a must win game against the NFC.
The Steelers can take this game easily, i don't see how the Skins are a true contender yet, and Jason Cambell is less than satisfactory.
Will be nice to play against our old Randel El.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Actually, the Redskins should pose a bigger challenge than the Giants did offensively.

Portis behind that line of Samuels, Randy Thomas, Rabach, Jansen and Pete Kendall is formidable.

I was hoping for a Giants win, because the Skins could easily beat us at the Old Steelers game of ---run the ball and control the clock.

Edman
10-27-2008, 12:02 PM
The Steelers are 5-2 with both lossses coming against out of conference competition, which includes the Defending Super Bowl Champions.

The Steelers are undefeated vs. the AFC. If it keeps up, they'll have an edge in the playoff race. There's still a long way to go.

We'll be fine.

Dizzle43
10-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Yes I will be at the game so I am definately ready!! Hopefully we can bounce back and play better offensivley. I think our defense will be fine against them. Hopefully we can get some players back from injury which will help a lot. It seems like every game theres at least 2 or 3 people that get injuried. We will have to wait until the press conference tomorrow to see how long some of these people will be out.

fordfan485
10-27-2008, 12:59 PM
With this recent loss we were facing the number one team in the NFL for sacks, the 'skins have no pass rush and are at #28 they have only had 8 sacks all year. Look at our other wins, Jags, Stains, Bungles, and Texans, they are all at the bottom of the league for sacks, so hopefully this means Ben will be back to his old self next week.

On the defense side I'm not to worried about the ground game, we held the number 1 rushing team to under 100 yards, skins are number 2 in that category so this will be another rough and physical game but after last nights game we know we are the real deal when it comes to defense. Here is praying we don't have any more injuries on that side of the ball.

This game is very winnable as long as we are not our own worse enemy like we were last night in the 4th quarter.

I really hope we win this one to shut up all the redskins fans down here in VA too.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-27-2008, 01:35 PM
A monday night game!!!!! Gotta love it!!!

Ready to move on and ready for #6!!!

SuzyPeppercorn
10-27-2008, 01:37 PM
I hope the defense can get some pressure and hits on campbell and force him to make some bad throws.

I think the team that makes the least amount of mistakes is going to win this game. We need to make sure we dont shoot ourselves in the foot.

TeeJay
10-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Ok Giants game was a bitter one, but a good nights sleep and I think Im good, nothing you can do. This is the third game against the nfc east. We gotta get a win without a doubt since were 0-2 against them. The skins dont turn the ball over but im confident our defense will find a way to rattle Jason Campbell. But without a doubt the steelers biggest concern is Clinton Portis since this guy is running wild on everyone.

Any other thoughts or comments?

Definitely - Giants game was a loss, and it hurt, but there are many postives to take from it, that the 'Skins should be afraid:-

1) We lost by one TD on Sunday

2) The Offence just about played as bad as they can,.......and we lost by one TD.

3) 'Fast' Wille could be back for Monday....that's gonna scare any opponent. He'll skin the 'Skins.

4) If he isn't Mewelde is looking awesome - why he didn't get more of the ball Sunday is mistifying! He'll skin the 'Skins.

5) The Steeler D is gonna be pissed.....with everybody....and will be looking for some serious payback. They've proven themselves to be #1 , and they won't accept two losses.
(As god* as they are, they do need a little help from the O - * See what I did there....deliberately misspelled good :wink02: :tt02:)

5) The Coaches will take on board the No Huddle...if they don't then it's time to get on their case - it has proven to be be successful, very successful.

6) Ben will realise, he can't win every game on his own, no matter how hard he wants to or tries to, sometimes he's just gotta take that throw-away.

7) It’s a Monday Night game – The Steelers like Monday Night Games, and Monday Nights like The Steelers!

And 8) God wears Black and Gold - and he won't settle for two defeats on the bounce.

My two cents anyways. :tt03:

And just in case anyone's wondering, there is a saying over here - To skin someone, basically means, to move past them effortlessly, making the opponent look stupid. That's the rough translation anyway! :) You probably use it anyway......so................ I'll just shut-up.

lilyoder6
10-27-2008, 04:11 PM
i think our def will have a huge test against clinton portis.. he is having an amazing yr so far running the ball.. we need to make sure we shut him down...

stlrtruck
10-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Nothing like calling the uncle (who is a diehard skins fan) and talking a little smack (gotta be a little because he makes some damn good deer jerky and deer bolognie).

Good thing I won't be at his house. When I was in high school he kicked me out of his house for cheering against the skins. Lesson learned, but that game wasn't against the Steelers.

Looking forward to an awesome game on Monday night!

randy06
10-27-2008, 04:21 PM
i think our def will have a huge test against clinton portis.. he is having an amazing yr so far running the ball.. we need to make sure we shut him down...

we will:tt03:

MACH1
10-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Nothing like calling the uncle (who is a diehard skins fan) and talking a little smack (gotta be a little because he makes some damn good deer jerky and deer bolognie).

Good thing I won't be at his house. When I was in high school he kicked me out of his house for cheering against the skins. Lesson learned, but that game wasn't against the Steelers.

Looking forward to an awesome game on Monday night!

:toofunny: I have a uncle just like that.

The Duke
10-27-2008, 04:24 PM
With this recent loss we were facing the number one team in the NFL for sacks, the 'skins have no pass rush and are at #28 they have only had 8 sacks all year.

I didn't know that. but yeah, jason taylor has been injured....their 3 corners are very good though.

No pressure means ben can win it :tt02:

Portis doesn't scare me at all. he's been having an amazing season ( mvo so far imo) but the steelers D is nasty. he won't be able to handle it

campbell gets his 1st INT of the season next week. and he'll have a lot of those :tt03:

memphissteelergirl
10-27-2008, 04:31 PM
I think if the D plays like they did consistently against the Giants, we'll be alright. Here's hoping the offense gets their heads out of their bee-hinds.

Memo to Ben: If you don't see anybody open, THROW THE BALL OUT OF BOUNDS, PLEASE!

Dino 6 Rings
10-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Washington has the 7th ranked offense in the league. They average 155 yards rushing and 209 passing. with 20.6 points per game.

Portis is the machine that moves their offense. 7 TDs and a 5 yard per carry average. He must be the focus of our attack.

Campbell has yet to throw an INT this season. He's been sacked 16 times but has a 100.5 QB rating. He's efficient and doesn't make mistakes. We must be sure we contain his passing game, which averages 7.63 yards per completion.

His #1 target is Santana Moss, yet his #2 target is Chris Cooley The TE. We must be sure to not get caught in matchup problems with their TE. Randel El is the 3rd receiver with Portis at 4th.

Defensively, they are ranked 11th. They allow only 82.8 yards rushing a game and 195 yards passing per game.

klick81
10-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Bring 'em on.

I only wish it weren't on Monday night. I hate waiting that extra day, and I get off work late on Mondays.

Preacher
10-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Bring 'em on.

I only wish it weren't on Monday night. I hate waiting that extra day, and I get off work late on Mondays.

I LOVE IT!!!!

Watch the game on Monday. Pack up tuesday and Wednesday.

Then fly to Pitt on thursday to watch the game against the Colts!

WoooooooooooHooooooooooooo

klick81
10-27-2008, 06:10 PM
I usually love Mondays as well, but I'm currently not driving!!!

That makes it extra challenging to get to a TV on time.

stlrtruck
10-28-2008, 08:52 AM
:toofunny: I have a uncle just like that.

Are we related?

memphissteelergirl
10-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Anyone near DC going to game by any chance?? :tt02:

saden1
10-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Hi all, I'm looking forward to the upcoming Steelers vs Redskins match-up. Should be a good ol' fashion smash-mouth football that will enable us Redskins fans to gauge how good the Skins are. Right now the Skins are playing at a very high level defensively (#6 in the NFL not 11th as someone mentioned in here) and offensively (#7 in the NFL as mentioned). The only department the Skins are lacking in is punching it in for 6 department and too many injuries/dings on the defensive side.

Right now, no one is running better than Portis in the league as evident by his 9 20+ yard runs. You guys have a very solid defense so I don't expect Portis to go off but I do expect him to grind it out for 80 yards or so. Campbell will definitely have to step it up because I'm sure the Sleelers are game planning to stop the run first.

Should be an interesting game.

Hail to the Redskins.

steelpride12
10-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Hi all, I'm looking forward to the upcoming Steelers vs Redskins match-up. Should be a good ol' fashion smash-mouth football that will enable us Redskins fans to gauge how good the Skins are. Right now the Skins are playing at a very high level defensively (#6 in the NFL not 11th as someone mentioned in here) and offensively (#7 in the NFL as mentioned). The only department the Skins are lacking in is punching it in for 6 department and too many injuries/dings on the defensive side.

Right now, no one is running better than Portis in the league as evident by his 9 20+ yard runs. You guys have a very solid defense so I don't expect Portis to go off but I do expect him to grind it out for 80 yards or so. Campbell will definitely have to step it up because I'm sure the Sleelers are game planning to stop the run first.

Should be an interesting game.

Hail to the Redskins.

Nice to see someone to trash talk before the game begins. :drink:

Hoping the Steelers can shows the Skins nation they are just pretenders, and will be a fun match up playing our old fellow Randel El again.
Hoping the Steelers D will shut Clinton Portis down forcing Cambell to throw and as good as a QB he is under that pressure i see a rough game ahead for him and a slightly easy win for us.

saden1
10-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Nice to see someone to trash talk before the game begins. :drink:

Hoping the Steelers can shows the Skins nation they are just pretenders, and will be a fun match up playing our old fellow Randel El again.
Hoping the Steelers D will shut Clinton Portis down forcing Cambell to throw and as good as a QB he is under that pressure i see a rough game ahead for him and a slightly easy win for us.

You act like Big Ben and that O-Line of yours are some sort of a prize. Be careful what you ask for, JC just might expose that secondary with dinks'n'dunks if you get 8 man in the box (you will have to and you will). If anyone honestly thinks this game will be easy they'll be disappointed. Hope the Steelers don't have a glass jaw because they'll be getting punched in the mouth all night long.

:drink:

steel striker
10-28-2008, 10:16 PM
Yeah I'm over it. Bring on the skins and lets get ready to rumble. A big bounce back game for Ben and the offense.

fansince'76
10-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Be careful what you ask for, JC just might expose that secondary with dinks'n'dunks if you get 8 man in the box (you will have to and you will).Hope the Steelers don't have a glass jaw because they'll be getting punched in the mouth all night long.

We didn't have to against the #1 rushing attack in the NFL, and we held them to 83 yards rushing on 35 carries (2.4 YPC). Good luck with that.

saden1
10-28-2008, 10:41 PM
We didn't have to against the #1 rushing attack in the NFL, and we held them to 83 yards rushing on 35 carries (2.4 YPC). Good luck with that.

May I remind you that with all that effort you still lost the game. Plus, there's a first time for everything brother, just ask the Eagles' rushing defense (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281005021) that was ranked #1 a few weeks ago before they played the Skins.

fansince'76
10-28-2008, 10:51 PM
May I remind you that with all that effort you still lost the game. Plus, there's a first time for everything brother, just ask the Eagles' rushing defense (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281005021) that was ranked #1 a few weeks ago before they played the Skins.

The Giants came into the game as the #1 rushing offense, and we still shut them down on the ground. Yep, we lost to the defending champs at home in the 4th quarter, thanks largely to a gaffe on special teams. Meanwhile, you've already dropped a game to the Rams in your own backyard this season. Keep talking.

saden1
10-28-2008, 11:04 PM
The Giants came into the game as the #1 rushing offense, and we still shut them down on the ground. Yep, we lost to the defending champs at home in the 4th quarter, thanks largely to a gaffe on special teams. Meanwhile, you've already dropped a game to the Rams in your own backyard this season. Keep talking.

Like I said, there's a first time for everything. Rams dominated and won...it's that plain and simple. Special teams gaffe ay? No, what happened was you got out-played and out-punched. Don't make excuses, it's unbecoming of a Steeler fan. Getting beat by the defending champs is not a valid excuse, this is the big leagues after all.

fansince'76
10-28-2008, 11:05 PM
Like I said, there's a first time for everything. Rams dominated and won...it's that plain and simple. Special teams gaffe ay? No, what happened was you got out played and you got punched in the mouth. Don't make excuses, it's unbecoming of a Steeler fan. Getting beat by the defending champs is not a valid excuse, this is the big leagues after all.

Not making excuses - I said we lost the game in our own backyard. I'm also not acting like a troll on an opposing team's board. :coffee:

saden1
10-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Not making excuses - I said we lost the game in our own backyard. I'm also not acting like a troll on an opposing team's board. :coffee:

I didn't start trash talking, I came here for a frank discussion about the game.

tony hipchest
10-28-2008, 11:16 PM
hey frank, welcome aboard.

only thing im worried about is a randel-el trick play (im sure steelers d are used to it in practice and will be primed) or worse....

chris cooley inside the 10. other than that, im thinking the steelers d will pretty much have everything under control.

fansince'76
10-28-2008, 11:26 PM
I didn't start trash talking, I came here for a frank discussion about the game.

My bad - I see it was one of our folks that started with the smack - didn't look back far enough at first - my apologies. :drink:

Honestly, I think this game is going to be anything but "easy" for us. This is the toughest test on the road we've faced so far. I hope we can come out with a "W" but nothing is in the bag or certain. :drink:

The Duke
10-28-2008, 11:28 PM
only thing im worried about is a randel-el trick play (im sure steelers d are used to it in practice and will be primed) or worse....

Oh, a randle el trick play against the steelers. wouldn't that just be ironic

lol, now I think it may happen. hopefully the defense is ready

But nothing would be better than them trying it and it ended up in a turnover :tt:

CamLwalk
10-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Hey Steeler fans! Just want to wish y'all good luck on Monday Night! Here's a musical preview for you...

Skins/Steelers (http://redskins.torresa.com/audio/PaulC/2008Week_9_vs_Pittsburgh_-_Bye_Steelers.mp3)

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-29-2008, 12:59 PM
I honestly think this is a game that we deserve to be underdogs. Skins O line is better, Skins RB's are better, Skins Secondary seems healthier.

The only wildcard is if the Steeler defense can keep it close and maybe Ben, Santo, Ward, Miller can score enough to win......or the D puts up some points too.

stlrtruck
10-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Hey Steeler fans! Just want to wish y'all good luck on Monday Night! Here's a musical preview for you...

Skins/Steelers (http://redskins.torresa.com/audio/PaulC/2008Week_9_vs_Pittsburgh_-_Bye_Steelers.mp3)

Ok that little diddy you linked is hilarious - calling Randle El clutch - :rofl:
Redskin fans the realist? :rofl: I've seen those so called realist fans. While I would say they're the second or third best in tailgating, the fans aren't that real.
Funny little song but we'll see how that defense feels when Hines Ward lays the lumber like Hacksaw Jim Duggan!!

But remember Redskins fans, don't get upset when FedEx Field becomes Heinz Field for a night. I'm pretty sure there are just as many Steelers fan in the tri-state area as there are skins fans!!! I know because I use to live there!!! :thumbsup:

Dino 6 Rings
10-30-2008, 12:46 PM
You act like Big Ben and that O-Line of yours are some sort of a prize. Be careful what you ask for, JC just might expose that secondary with dinks'n'dunks if you get 8 man in the box (you will have to and you will). If anyone honestly thinks this game will be easy they'll be disappointed. Hope the Steelers don't have a glass jaw because they'll be getting punched in the mouth all night long.

HA HA! This made me freaking snort!

A Glass Jaw, the Steelers! LMAO!

We have the toughest schedule on paper, have the hardest hitting games in the NFL and have had our receiver fined for playing to hard and being to tough. Yeah...a glass jaw.

I love smack talk, but this was an absolute jem in comedy.

Dino 6 Rings
10-30-2008, 12:51 PM
The Steelers D is going to stuff the Skins Running game, that's going to be their game plan. They are going to force Campbell to throw the ball often. Portis is a great back, I'm actually a Portis fan, but I don't think he'll be getting 100 yards, teams just don't run the ball on us except once every 2 years for over 100 yards. If this is that game, Hats off to Portis.

All we need is for our Offense to get its head out of its arse and put some freaking points on the board. No Stupid penalties on key drives in key situations, keep the ball on the ground and not turn it over and we should be able to beat the Skins just by keeping them out of the endzone. Our Defense is great, and our Offense has flashes of Brilliance. When they both are Great on the Same day, the beat down game is over at halftime. When our Offense struggles, the other team has a chance to beat us late.

Good Luck.

SteelMember
10-30-2008, 01:43 PM
HA HA! This made me freaking snort!

A Glass Jaw, the Steelers! LMAO!

We have the toughest schedule on paper, have the hardest hitting games in the NFL and have had our receiver fined for playing to hard and being to tough. Yeah...a glass jaw.

I love smack talk, but this was an absolute jem in comedy.

Yeah, I saw that and though to myself, why do these guys come in here and say "it's gonna be a smash mouth game". Do we ever play any other way.

The Steelers helped define smash mouth. :tt03:

CamLwalk
10-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Ok that little diddy you linked is hilarious - calling Randle El clutch - :rofl:
Redskin fans the realist? :rofl: I've seen those so called realist fans. While I would say they're the second or third best in tailgating, the fans aren't that real.
Funny little song but we'll see how that defense feels when Hines Ward lays the lumber like Hacksaw Jim Duggan!!

But remember Redskins fans, don't get upset when FedEx Field becomes Heinz Field for a night. I'm pretty sure there are just as many Steelers fan in the tri-state area as there are skins fans!!! I know because I use to live there!!! :thumbsup:

I'm glad you liked it. Chris Paul makes a new song every week http://redskins.torresa.com/audio/ I think I speak for most Redskins fans when I say we have a ton of respect for the Steelers franchise and their fanbase. You're right, there will be a lot of Steeler fans at FedEx (they're everywhere...I live in Albany NY and I know a ton of Steeler fans). I'm really looking forward to this game. Great matchup on primetime! Can't wait!

Dino 6 Rings
10-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Should be a great game. Luckily for us, its on a Monday night and we tend to perform at a peak level on Monday Night Football. Being a little angry over last week's loss won't hurt us either.

Congos83skinz
10-31-2008, 12:18 PM
Its not our division, so i don't see it as a must win game against the NFC.
The Steelers can take this game easily, i don't see how the Skins are a true contender yet, and Jason Cambell is less than satisfactory.
Will be nice to play against our old Randel El.

huh :wtf:

bfmcvs1
10-31-2008, 12:47 PM
huh :wtf:

What games have they been watching??