PDA

View Full Version : Bless me Steeler Nation for I have sinned...

memphissteelergirl
10-27-2008, 10:51 AM
Last night I was leaving the bar where the local Steeler Club meets to watch the game... as you can imagine I was rather p*ssed off. So I am heading to my car and some idiot wearing a Tony Gonzales jersey sees I am wearing my #36 Bettis jersey and makes the following snarky comment: "You know Jerome Bettis doesn't play anymore."

Well after a Steeler loss is the WRONG time to mouth off to me, so I responded "Bite me!" In retrospect, I realize I could have been the bigger person and just let it pass, but like I said, I was p*ssed. :pissed: I know as Steeler fans we pride ourselves on being respectful to fans of opposing teams (with a few possible exceptions) so I know I broke a cardinal rule.

I am quite contrite now and ask for absolution. Thank you. :chuckle:

Dizzle43
10-27-2008, 11:00 AM
So I am heading to my car and some idiot wearing a Tony Gonzales jersey sees I am wearing my #36 Bettis jersey and makes the following snarky comment: "You know Jerome Bettis doesn't play anymore.":

Yeah I wouldn't worry about that. That is a fairly ignorant statement that idiot made. He asked for that one. :thumbsup:

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-27-2008, 11:03 AM
I think you were fine in your response.

While being well within reasonable limits for a response, a better comeback might have been....."sorry, next time I'll wear my Heath Miller jersey. He's a TE still playing that DOES have a Super Bowl Ring..did you know that?"

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Yeah I wouldn't worry about that. That is a fairly ignorant statement that idiot made. He asked for that one. :thumbsup:

But the correct answer to someone wearing a Gonzales jersey...is ....."Bettis retired a Super Bowl champion. How are those Chiefs doing?"

HometownGal
10-27-2008, 11:07 AM
So I am heading to my car and some idiot wearing a Tony Gonzales jersey sees I am wearing my #36 Bettis jersey and makes the following snarky comment: "You know Jerome Bettis doesn't play anymore."

You should have told him that the Chiefs haven't played for several seasons. :laughing: With a 1-6 KC record, I don't think this schmo really has anything to thump his chest about.

memphissteelergirl
10-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Well it seems I made a mistake. Gonzales' jersey # is #88.

I just looked up the jersey (based on what I remember) and it seems he was wearing a 49ers throwback jersey (#87 was Dwight Clark).

SteelMember
10-27-2008, 12:21 PM

I just looked up the jersey (based on what I remember) and it seems he was wearing a 49ers throwback jersey (#87 was Dwight Clark).

I don't think that would help his defense any...you'd both be wearing "throwbacks".:chuckle:

No Worries. Going back to some of the 20/20 hindsite comments, I like the "neither do the chiefs" response.

Fire Haley
10-27-2008, 01:23 PM
"Memphis"?

You going to need me to come protect you at the Titans game? You got a couch?

RoethlisBURGHer
10-27-2008, 02:04 PM

Okay, so he's talking trash about your jersey while he's wearing the jersey of a retired player himself? The guy is a goon, and deserved the response.

Leftoverhard
10-27-2008, 02:07 PM
"You know Jerome Bettis doesn't play anymore."

Bite me was a fine choice, although,
"Well, neither does your enitre team" would have been pretty good too. :laughing:

memphissteelergirl
10-27-2008, 02:49 PM
"Memphis"?

You going to need me to come protect you at the Titans game? You got a couch?

LOL...come to think of it I might have to hire you as my bodyguard. Hope ya work cheap! :chuckle:

Fire Haley
10-27-2008, 03:05 PM
I work for beer and pizza.

You going to the Titans game?

memphissteelergirl
10-27-2008, 03:33 PM
I work for beer and pizza.

You going to the Titans game?

That's the plan anyway. A fellow Steeler fan from another forum said he could hook me up with a ticket.

Texasteel
10-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Last night I was leaving the bar where the local Steeler Club meets to watch the game... as you can imagine I was rather p*ssed off. So I am heading to my car and some idiot wearing a Tony Gonzales jersey sees I am wearing my #36 Bettis jersey and makes the following snarky comment: "You know Jerome Bettis doesn't play anymore."

Well after a Steeler loss is the WRONG time to mouth off to me, so I responded "Bite me!" In retrospect, I realize I could have been the bigger person and just let it pass, but like I said, I was p*ssed. :pissed: I know as Steeler fans we pride ourselves on being respectful to fans of opposing teams (with a few possible exceptions) so I know I broke a cardinal rule.

I would have never said that to anyone. I'm more of a " kiss my ass " sort of guy.

shevdog
10-27-2008, 06:14 PM
No need to ask for forgiveness for that.

You can wear your Bettis jersey whenever you want, even 10 years from now.

PisnNapalm
10-27-2008, 07:33 PM
You ought to be ashamed of yourself. You should have given him a *finger* to go with the "Bite me!" ;)

TheWarDen86
10-27-2008, 07:46 PM

You should have said, "Well, niether do the Chiefs."

SteelersMongol
10-28-2008, 12:44 AM

You need 2 see Preacher 4 this kind of stuff. :wink02: (whispering) But I still think "Bite me" was nice choice. I would've said "I don't know who the hell is Gonzales", which would've been true. :chuckle:

Preacher
10-28-2008, 01:39 AM
You need 2 see Preacher 4 this kind of stuff. :wink02: (whispering) But I still think "Bite me" was nice choice. I would've said "I don't know who the hell is Gonzales", which would've been true. :chuckle:

I living in the city Oakland has thier spring training in.

My best response...

"Blah blah blah blah..." to which I respond, "Yeah, well, the immaculate reception WAS legal."

Usually sets them off every time. If they say "what?" I chalk it up to a bandwagon fan and walk off.

Bite me? Sure, it works, but "Yep, the same hour we won our 5th Superbowl" would have worked too!!

fred
10-28-2008, 02:14 AM
Awww....just think of this.........Gonzales doesn't even wanna play for KC anymore....
....besides..........doesn't matter what Steeler
player jersey you wear........just fly the colors!

paw-n-maul-u
10-28-2008, 02:32 AM
crowding the chat forum ...

PolamaluPower
10-28-2008, 06:26 AM
This Bus will always be a Steeler :tt03:

the_king_from_leon
10-28-2008, 07:32 AM
I think "hopefully with the first pick of next years draft you guys may havesomeone to play football" would have been my comeback

#1LambertFan
10-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Would have been funny if he were wearing a Webster jersey.:rofl: