PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch "Hannitys America: Ten Reasons Not To Vote Obama"

MACH1
10-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Did anyone see this? I think it sums it up pretty well.

Here's Number 1 reason.

3ixRxgnHLc4

Here's a link to the rest.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=82340C9E09975279

GBMelBlount
10-27-2008, 02:21 PM
I wonder how long it took them to cut it to ten? :chuckle:

steelwall
10-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Scary....

fugawzi
10-27-2008, 05:21 PM
No, I try to get my news from sources a little more objective and unbiased than Sean Hannity. Sean FREAKING Hannity? Unbelievable.

steelwall
10-27-2008, 05:26 PM
No, I try to get my news from sources a little more objective and unbiased than Sean Hannity. Sean FREAKING Hannity? Unbelievable.

So I guess every fact he stated was actualy a lie?

Preacher
10-27-2008, 05:26 PM

While I don't watch Hannity, he doesn't pose himself as objective nor a news source. So your post doesn't really make sense. Hannity puts out information that is only supportive of his side. Nothing wrong with that, that is the nature of his show. Same with Air America.

It is the "unbiased" sources such as ABC, CBS, NBC, etc. etc. that is unbelievable in their coverage.

MACH1
10-27-2008, 05:37 PM

Read the title.

Its not 10 reasons why we should vote for obama.:doh::doh:

GBMelBlount
10-27-2008, 05:46 PM

Everything he presented appeared to be factual. Nothing is really even arguable imo. Therefore, I can understand why you would trash the source, it's the only option you really have.

ohiosteelerfan20
10-27-2008, 06:10 PM
This is crazy how this muslim terrorist Obama has me and half the voters in the US fooled. And Hannity and Fox news are the only ones who see it.:screwy:

devilsdancefloor
10-27-2008, 07:18 PM
I did not hear anyone say he was a muslim terrorist, do you know something you would like to share??:coffee:

fugawzi
10-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Wow guys really? I say that Hannity is biased and not objective and some of you respond by saying it's not a vote Obama thread, and Obama is a muslim terrorist? I didn't even mention Obama in this thread at all, What's going on around here? My comment was about Hannity and I'll keep it about him. He works for Fox NEWS. Their motto is "fair and balanced" so the implication Hannity isn't posing himself as a news source or as being objective doesn't make sense to me. Not every single thing he says is false but just about everyone knows his reporting has a right-wing slant and he's gotten the facts wrong many times.

GBMelBlount
10-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Wow guys really? I say that Hannity is biased and not objective and some of you respond by saying it's not a vote Obama thread, and Obama is a muslim terrorist? I didn't even mention Obama in this thread at all, What's going on around here? My comment was about Hannity and I'll keep it about him. He works for Fox NEWS. Their motto is "fair and balanced" so the implication Hannity isn't posing himself as a news source or as being objective doesn't make sense to me. Not every single thing he says is false but just about everyone knows his reporting has a right-wing slant and he's gotten the facts wrong many times.

C'mon Fugawzi! Don't you get it? A liberal AND a dolphin fan? How much more fun could it be to pile on! :laughing:

Preacher
10-27-2008, 08:14 PM

Sean Hannity is on a show that has a conservative and a liberal arguing back and forth on issues. It is as biased as anything, and purposefully so, as much as crossfire, roundtable, and/or any other debate show is biased. Or do you think Paul Begala is straight down the middle?

Sean Hannity has a 3 hour radio show that is focused on conservatism. He represents the right side in a a left/right debate formatted show which does NOT propose to be news, but a discussion OF the events. There is no "implication" that he is an actual journalist. He himself has said that he is NOT a journalist, not a news person.

I have NO idea how you could take anything but that away from an assessment of who he is.

As a result... he doesn't REPORT. He ARGUES a conservative position.

fugawzi
10-27-2008, 08:28 PM
C'mon Fugawzi! Don't you get it? A liberal AND a dolphin fan? How much more fun could it be to pile on! :laughing:

Well I never said I was a liberal but I'm definitely a 'phins fan. :)

Here's one problem I have with the video. At 1:09 in to the video the narrator (with the scary music behind her) says "after only one year, and passing but one bill, he runs for president," WTF? He was sworn in 1/4/05 (technically almost 2004) and he announced his candidacy for president on 2/10/07. How the hell is that "only one year"? It's over 2 years. Also, since 2005 he sponsored 136 bills, and 2 have passed as law. That doesn't include the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006 which Obama co-sponsored and various other legislation and amendments. So how is that "but one bill"? There's 2 lies in the first minute of the video! Imagine the rest of the video. That's why I said I don't get my info from Hannity. Just like Preacher is saying he's not a journalist so don't expect many facts from him.

ohiosteelerfan20
10-27-2008, 08:38 PM

I was just joking about the muslim terrorist thing. I was making a joke about the joke that is Hannity and Fox news. Fox news has tried their best to scare the public, from the Bill Areys stuff to the "terrorist fist bump":toofunny:(that was my favorite). Now they have a new video from 2001. I will say this for Fox news, they keep trying. Look for alot of Rev. Wright in the next 7 days.

fugawzi
10-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Sean Hannity is on a show that has a conservative and a liberal arguing back and forth on issues. It is as biased as anything, and purposefully so, as much as crossfire, roundtable, and/or any other debate show is biased. Or do you think Paul Begala is straight down the middle?

Sean Hannity has a 3 hour radio show that is focused on conservatism. He represents the right side in a a left/right debate formatted show which does NOT propose to be news, but a discussion OF the events. There is no "implication" that he is an actual journalist. He himself has said that he is NOT a journalist, not a news person.

I have NO idea how you could take anything but that away from an assessment of who he is.

As a result... he doesn't REPORT. He ARGUES a conservative position.

You couldn't have proven my point any better. Glad we agree he's not a journalist but he's still on a tv network that poses as news which most of the time isn't really news so most of the stories have factual errors. You yourself say he's not a journalist so why is he presenting a piece that's posed as investigative journalism? He's just a "left/right" debater so he really has no credibility presenting that piece.

fugawzi
10-27-2008, 08:49 PM
I was just joking about the muslim terrorist thing. I was making a joke about the joke that is Hannity and Fox news. Fox news has tried their best to scare the public, from the Bill Areys stuff to the "terrorist fist bump":toofunny:(that was my favorite). Now they have a new video from 2001. I will say this for Fox news, they keep trying. Look for alot of Rev. Wright in the next 7 days.

Exactly, and sorry for not recognizing your joke but something tells me there are some here who have said that and weren't joking..

augustashark
10-27-2008, 09:43 PM
You couldn't have proven my point any better. Glad we agree he's not a journalist but he's still on a tv network that poses as news which most of the time isn't really news so most of the stories have factual errors. You yourself say he's not a journalist so why is he presenting a piece that's posed as investigative journalism? He's just a "left/right" debater so he really has no credibility presenting that piece.

Question, so where exactly do you get your news?

Preacher
10-27-2008, 09:57 PM

He's not.

Its a piece from a politically biased source.

Do you consider Hardball and Countdown as news? I don't BUt they are both on a TV network that poses as news which produce factual errors.

I find it always funny how everyone points a finger at Fox news... and completely ignores the same things in the other cable news programs. I wonder why that is?

MACH1
10-27-2008, 11:20 PM

The Colbert Report. :hunch:

He's not.

Its a piece from a politically biased source.

Do you consider Hardball and Countdown as news? I don't BUt they are both on a TV network that poses as news which produce factual errors.

I find it always funny how everyone points a finger at Fox news... and completely ignores the same things in the other cable news programs. I wonder why that is?

All the "other" ones report the real news. Not the made up stuff that Fox reports. :rolleyes:

Steel Duck
10-28-2008, 03:28 AM
Lack of experience? I seem to recall some people saying the same thing about President Bill Clinton...And of George W Bush.....WELL, the later they were right about....lol.

Steel Duck
10-28-2008, 03:33 AM
Look conservatives like Hannity for the same reason liberals like Keith Olbermann. They're telling us what we want to hear...
Nothing wrong with that, as long as you're not shoving it down the throat of the opposite party, and NOT basing your vote on a commentators show!

j-dawg
10-28-2008, 08:02 AM
I get my news from here..

http://www.truthinvaders.com/

it's awesome!!

steelwall
10-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Do the conservative right not have the right to voice facts and opinions?

No one doubts Hannity is a conservative, but he also does his homework. Hannity voiced more facts in this peace than opinion.

To those that say Mcain is a Bush clone you havent done much background check on Mcain.

A part of me hopes Obama wins.....I call it now, he will screw up so badly he will never make a 2nd term.

MACH1
10-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Lack of experience? I seem to recall some people saying the same thing about President Bill Clinton...And of George W Bush.....WELL, the later they were right about....lol.

As far as your comment about experience not being important for being a president, you will then, of course, admit that Governor Palin has as much chance to be a great president as Obama, based on the experience argument, correct?

Do the conservative right not have the right to voice facts and opinions?

No one doubts Hannity is a conservative, but he also does his homework. Hannity voiced more facts in this peace than opinion.

To those that say Mcain is a Bush clone you havent done much background check on Mcain.

A part of me hopes Obama wins.....I call it now, he will screw up so badly he will never make a 2nd term.

That's a given. Its just a question of how much damage will be done in the four years. From economic to how many Americans are killed while he's busy talking.

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 11:22 AM

Broad question but I'll give you my answer. I usually read the paper, either USA Today, or our local Trib-Review or Post Gazette. I usually check out Google News which can provide a variety of sources like the AP, and others. I also watch our local news outlets like KDKA, WPXI. NBC Nightly News (please nobody say Brian Williams is biased.) I watch CNN, MSNBC and sometimes Fox News. I'm not saying FOX News NEVER reports factual news stories. I read stories from them rarely, and MSNBC as well.

I'm talking about this particular video, what this thread is about. It's a video being presented by Sean Hannity. Most admit he is biased to the right, he's not a journalist, and more of a debater arguing for the right. The video is not a debate piece. It's supposed to be presenting facts which it may be doing, but it's also presenting factual errors. I pointed at least 2 out in the first minute of the video in a prior post. It's giving reasons (supposedly facts) to not vote for Obama, but the problem is some of those reasons simply aren't true. So it shouldn't be taken as anything more than a biased video with some factual errors from Hannity. Doesn't mean he can't express his opinions, that's what he's doing I'm ok with that. It's just not entirely true. Simple.

HometownGal
10-28-2008, 11:23 AM

No one is trying to scare anyone, ohio, other than the Obama campaign's bold faced lies about McCain cutting Medicare (which is NOT true) in order to get the white senior vote. The Bill Ayers connection, as well as Obama and his wife's 22+ years of black ideology and racist teachings SHOULD be showcased more because it doesn't say a whole lot about Obama and his wife's character. If elected, Do Nuttin and Madame Do Nuttin will be role models to our young men and women and THAT is what is truly scary. :horror:

steelwall
10-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Broad question but I'll give you my answer. I usually read the paper, either USA Today, or our local Trib-Review or Post Gazette. I usually check out Google News which can provide a variety of sources like the AP, and others. I also watch our local news outlets like KDKA, WPXI. NBC Nightly News (please nobody say Brian Williams is biased.) I watch CNN, MSNBC and sometimes Fox News. I'm not saying FOX News NEVER reports factual news stories. I read stories from them rarely, and MSNBC as well.

I'm talking about this particular video, what this thread is about. It's a video being presented by Sean Hannity. Most admit he is biased to the right, he's not a journalist, and more of a debater arguing for the right. The video is not a debate piece. It's supposed to be presenting facts which it may be doing, but it's also presenting factual errors. I pointed at least 2 out in the first minute of the video in a prior post. It's giving reasons (supposedly facts) to not vote for Obama, but the problem is some of those reasons simply aren't true. So it shouldn't be taken as anything more than a biased video with some factual errors from Hannity. Doesn't mean he can't express his opinions, that's what he's doing I'm ok with that. It's just not entirely true. Simple.

So to make a long post short......you basicly get your news from outlets that adhere to your own opinions.......... Nothing wrong with that....just admit it.....

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 11:44 AM
No one is trying to scare anyone, ohio, other than the Obama campaign's ...

If you're saying the McCain Campaign is not trying to scare anyone then I have to respectfully disagree. That's just not true. That side has done WAY more fear mongering. Palin says Obama "pals around with terrorists" and that's not trying to scare anyone? He was 8 when Ayers was an alleged "terrorist". Ayers wasn't an active terrorist when Obama met him some 20 to 30 years later.

Why don't people ever talk about the ties McCain has to Gordon Liddy? Liddy spent time in prison for his role in the Watergate scandal and also publicly promoted violence against government officials. I encourage you to simply google the words "McCain Gordon Liddy". There is a ton of info out there about it. If you feel that all the results or sources are somehow tied to or in favor of Obama then so be it, I can't change your mind or convince you otherwise.

My feeling, politicians can't always control 100% of the people they come in contact with, nor can they control the actions of others in the past decades. I don't think Obama should be held accountable for the actions of Ayers, anymore than I feel McCain should be responsible for the actions of Liddy. They're politicians, they interact with tons of people and sometimes they serve on the same board, or panel or they receive donations or contributions.

One more thing briefly about the McCain scare tactics. If you live around here you've probably seen this OFFICIAL McCain Campaign ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgbS-vy9_Sk

Watch that ad and tell me they're not trying to scare anyone. They alter Biden's voice to sound deep and dark, and play pictures of actual terrorists, dictators, battleships, tanks, young kids crying. Then they say "it doesn't have to happen...vote McCain." Even though Liberman, a McCain supporter and surrogate, said the same thing about the president being tested early.

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 11:46 AM
So to make a long post short......you basicly get your news from outlets that adhere to your own opinions.......... Nothing wrong with that....just admit it.....

Did you read the whole post? I gave about 15 different sources that are all different. I even mentioned FOX NEWS. It's not about my opinions because I disagree with most of Fox News opinons. I just don't get my news from Hannity. I read news stories from the Fox News site all the time.

X-Terminator
10-28-2008, 11:53 AM

In fairness to fugawzi, the Tribune-Review is not exactly left-leaning, especially if you read their editorial pages.

xfl2001fan
10-28-2008, 12:00 PM
He was 8 when Ayers was an alleged "terrorist". Ayers wasn't an active terrorist when Obama met him some 20 to 30 years later.

So, Ayers is an "inactive terrorist" now? Just because he's not committing (or being caught committing) terrorist actions doesn't likely change his views. When someone feels strongly enough about something to commit a terrorist act (or to plan one with the intent of committing it), how they think doesn't likely change much.

As a broad example, if he was a far left liberal who committed terrorist acts against the NRA, he's still going to be a far left radical liberal, just one who doesn't act out. If he was a far right conservative who committed terrorist acts agains abortion clinics, he's still a radically right leaning conservative who just doesn't act it out now.

A terrorist is a terrorist. His views have been publically made. I find it difficult to believe that his views have changed all that much. But maybe that's just the cynic *cough*realist*cough* in me.

My feeling, politicians can't always control 100% of the people they come in contact with, nor can they control the actions of others in the past decades. I don't think Obama should be held accountable for the actions of Ayers, anymore than I feel McCain should be responsible for the actions of Liddy. They're politicians, they interact with tons of people and sometimes they serve on the same board, or panel or they receive donations or contributions.

So they don't have a choice in who they accept money from? Wow, now that's some serious BS? I don't know what you're smoking, but you need to puff puff give. Pass it to the right or left, just pass it, because we could all probably use a little something something to ease our way.

But don't worry, like another famous smooth talking liberal, I won't inhale.

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 12:07 PM
I would say if he hasn't committed a terrorist act in the last 20 years or so, it's safe to say he isn't a terrorist. He may have his views, he may have even changed those views. You don't know if he did, and neither do I. People do change sometimes. Did he actually carry out his alleged plans? If not he's not much of a terrorist, just a wacko. I just don't see how Obama is responsible for what he did or believed when he was 8. If you say he is, then fine the same applies to McCain and Gordon Liddy. I personally don't agree with either.

So they don't have a choice in who they accept money from? Wow, now that's some serious BS?

Actually I don't think they can control who donates or contributes. They can always give the money back. Obama didn't do that and neither did McCain when Liddy donated to him. I don't think either case means the candidate sympathizes and agrees with their extreme views.

MACH1
10-28-2008, 12:11 PM
If a serial killer hasn't killed in twenty years or so, Its safe to say he isn't a serial killer. :doh:

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 12:13 PM
If a serial killer hasn't killed in twenty years or so, Its safe to say he isn't a serial killer. :doh:

A guilty serial killer will always be a serial killer, I agree. And a terrorist who killed people will always be a terrorist. Fortunately Ayers never killed anyone so your analogy is flawed. Not the same thing.:doh:

Leftoverhard
10-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Obama and his wife's 22+ years of black ideology and racist teachings

HTG, please, why this? It's so hateful. If I called McCain a racist what kind of response would I get? This is the kind of neo-con-way-out-there-partisan-fear-baiting-baloney-statement that has made this election so mean spirited.

xfl2001fan
10-28-2008, 12:16 PM
We're not calling Ayers a serial killer. Terrorist acts (and the plans to cause them with the intent of carrying them out) do not always involved death, though that is certainly the most common form of terrorism.

Bombing abortion clinics (as an example) while nobody is there is an act of terrorism.

Unless you are saying he didn't have terrorist plans and intent?

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 12:16 PM
HTG, please, why this? It's so hateful. If I called McCain a racist what kind of response would I get? This is the kind of neo-con-way-out-there-partisan-fear-baiting-baloney-statement that has made this election so mean spirited.

Or simply ask for some proof of that. It's a pretty bold statement so asking for some proof isn't out of line.

MACH1
10-28-2008, 12:19 PM
A guilty serial killer will always be a serial killer, I agree. And a terrorist who killed people will always be a terrorist. Fortunately Ayers never killed anyone so your analogy is flawed. Not the same thing.:doh:

A terrorist is a terrorist will always be a terrorist.

So you have to actually kill someone to be a real terrorist. :doh: Or did the take away his terrorist card and kick him out of the club.

RunWillieRun
10-28-2008, 12:19 PM

So a terrorist who bombed U.S. instituions is not a terrorist because he didn't kill anybody?

How about someone who ADMITTED to attempting murder?

MACH1
10-28-2008, 12:20 PM

Great, here we go with the racist BS again.

Nobody's called Obama a terrorist.

steelwall
10-28-2008, 12:22 PM

Ok ... Obama (with no doubt) was a member and close friend of a church minister who preached hatred towards whites. Obama has been called the messia by Farakan, some one who believes white are the decendants of the devil.

I honestly don't know if Obama is racist or not, but had Mcain been involved in the same activites and sort of people in the past do you honestly think he would be running today?.......Noway.... They would be calling Mcain another David Duke..(when I say they I mean liberals)

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 12:24 PM
We're not calling Ayers a serial killer. Terrorist acts (and the plans to cause them with the intent of carrying them out) do not always involved death, though that is certainly the most common form of terrorism.

Bombing abortion clinics (as an example) while nobody is there is an act of terrorism.

Unless you are saying he didn't have terrorist plans and intent?

I'm saying he's more of a wacko then a terrorist. I don't think he deserves the terrorist title until he actually terrorizes people. I also don't think Obama is somehow responsible for his actions or beliefs. It's like the same thing I've mentioned 5 times here. I'll elaborate a little further. GORDON LIDDY. Just read a quote from him:

"Now if the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms comes to disarm you and they are bearing arms, resist them with arms. Go for a head shot; they're going to be wearing bulletproof vests. ... Kill the sons of bitches."

He also said listening to Hitler's speeches "made me feel a strength inside I had never known before."

Does that make him a terrorist or even a Nazi? No. Makes him a wack job.

A fact about McCain and Liddy...In 1998 Liddy hosted a fundraiser at his house for John McCain's re-election campaign at which guests could have their pictures taken with McCain and Liddy. Over the years, Liddy, who has referred to McCain as "an old friend," has made at least four contributions totaling $5,000 to the senator's campaigns -- including $1,000 in 2008. When David Letterman asked McCain about his relationship with Liddy, McCain said, "Who?" Then, following a commercial break, McCain said "I know Gordon Liddy. He paid his debt. He went to prison and paid his debt, as people do. I'm not in any way embarrassed to know Gordon Liddy."

I don't think Obama nor McCain should be responsible for either of their wacked out beliefs or intentions.

Great, here we go with the racist BS again.

Nobody's called Obama a terrorist.

actually HTG brought up the word racist. I'm just pointing out a fact, not calling her a racist at all.

So a terrorist who bombed U.S. instituions is not a terrorist because he didn't kill anybody? How about someone who ADMITTED to attempting murder?

Actually you're right I should be more clear. Someone who actually carried out terrorist acts, whether they killed anyone or not is a terrorist. Ayers didn't do that. Someone who admitted to murder, well if it's true yea then they're a murderer. Someone who thought about murdering someone else isn't a murderer unless they actually did it. Is that wrong somehow? Just asking.

MACH1
10-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Did Liddy have plans that he was going to follow through on. Did he bomb or plan on carrying out on bombing. Didn't think so.

Not defending the guy but there is a lil bit of difference.

Leftoverhard
10-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Serial killers! terrorists! racists! presidential candidates!...........You know, if you really really want, you can link either candidate to Kevin Bacon in only 6 degrees!

xfl2001fan
10-28-2008, 12:38 PM
"Now if the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms comes to disarm you and they are bearing arms, resist them with arms. Go for a head shot; they're going to be wearing bulletproof vests. ... Kill the sons of bitches."

He also said listening to Hitler's speeches "made me feel a strength inside I had never known before."

Well, the first quote is basically a liberal vs conservative view, with Liddy being ultra-conservative. Try to take my weapons from me (when I legally own them). Come to me bearing arms and you'll likely get shot in the head. I don't play games. No warning shots. I play for keeps.

That's what I see when I see the first statement. Me being a conservative (by nature) it's also something I agree with. If you come into my home (unasked and unwanted with no legal cause) bearing arms, I'm not taking any chances. I'll shoot first and let the police ask questions later. If I wait for the smoking gun, it's already too late.

As for the second statement. Some of what Hitler said was very moving. He was a great orator capable of filling the masses with energy to move where he wanted them to go. When he couldn't do it with words, he did it with guns. His actions (particularly towards the Jewish community) were reprehensible. However, that doesn't mean he didn't have some good ideas and some great and moving speeches.

I've felt myself moved by speeches and lyrics that I don't believe in. The words do tug, but it's up to the individual to choose how they let it affect them.

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Did Liddy have plans that he was going to follow through on. Did he bomb or plan on carrying out on bombing. Didn't think so. Not defending the guy but there is a lil bit of difference.

To be honest I don't see much of a difference between the two. I think they're both wackjobs who did nothing but talk. Liddy did tell people to kill gov officials it's in that last post of mine I quoted it. Anyway, I think they're both shittalkers with crazy ideas. That's it. And they both have ties to the current pres nominees. One to Obama, one to McCain. Doesn't mean Obama NOR McCAIN did anything wrong, or that they believe what the what the wackjobs believe. McCain is no more guilty than Obama because of his tie.

RunWillieRun
10-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Actually you're right I should be more clear. Someone who actually carried out terrorist acts, whether they killed anyone or not is a terrorist. Ayers didn't do that. Someone who admitted to murder, well if it's true yea then they're a murderer. Someone who thought about murdering someone else isn't a murderer unless they actually did it. Is that wrong somehow? Just asking.

So planting bombs where people work is not an act of terrorism? You have got to be kidding me.

First, How did Ayers not do that?!?!? HE ADMITTED TO IT!

So thinking about murder is the SAME as ATTEMPTING but failing to murder?

Wow...just wow

X-Terminator
10-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Or simply ask for some proof of that. It's a pretty bold statement so asking for some proof isn't out of line.

I guess Rev. Wright's church and MO's thesis don't exist, then.

I am willing to bet that if McCain had similar associations (say, a church that stresses white power) or that his wife wrote a similar thesis in reverse, the left and the media would pound it into our heads, and we'd never hear the end of it.

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Well, the first quote...

I agree with most of what you said. They're both extremists. Doesn't matter how Liddy felt or how Ayers felt. They didn't carry out their beliefs. They're both ALL TALK. If they were really serious they would have acted on those ideas. It's just sad that this is what many voters are talking about instead of real shit that affects us. Like the economy, our deficit, the 2 wars we are in, our healthcare, jobs, on and on. And yes I have talked about Ayers/Liddy a lot here but that's in response to others here. I don't think either is a real issue or should have been brought up. McCain brought up Ayers because of desperation, Obama didn't bring up Liddy.

steelwall
10-28-2008, 12:50 PM
. It's just sad that this is what many voters are talking about instead of real shit that affects us. Like the economy, our deficit, the 2 wars we are in, our healthcare, jobs, on and on..

You're right, we got off topic but go back to the first post I believe it talks about just that.

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 12:50 PM
So planting bombs where people work is not an act of terrorism? You have got to be kidding me.

So thinking about murder is the SAME as ATTEMPTING but failing to murder?

Wow...just wow

He actually planted bombs, actual bombs where people worked? If he did why didn't they go off? Did they malfunction? Did I miss something? I have looked and can't find that, can you direct me to that story? Link or something?

To clear up, I said thinking about murdering someone doesn't make someone a murderer. Actually murdering someone makes them a murderer. So because Ayers only thought and talked doesn't make him a terrorist. I don't know if you misunderstood what I said or what. I believed Ayers never went further than thinking or talking about it. You say he actually planted bombs, I want to see where it says that. If it's indeed true, then yea that would make him a terrorist no denying that at all.

MACH1
10-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Obama didn't bring up Liddy.

I'm sure he would have if there was something beneficial to him

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 12:57 PM

Ayers participated in the bombings of New York City Police Headquarters in 1970, the United States Capitol building in 1971, and The Pentagon in 1972, as he noted in his 2001 book, Fugitive Days. Because of a water leak caused by the Pentagon bombing, aerial bombardments during the Vietnam War had to be halted for several days. Ayers writes:

Ayer's Quote: "Although the bomb that rocked the Pentagon was itsy-bitsy - weighing close to two pounds - it caused 'tens of thousands of dollars' of damage. The operation cost under $500, and no one was killed or even hurt."

Ok I stand corrected. I was wrong he went further than just talk. He's a terrorist. It was in the 70's when Obama was not even 10, but ok he's a nutjob terrorist. Not a very good one he didn't kill anyone or even cause much damage but nonetheless a garbage scum terrorist. At least he never went further than that. Hopefully he has changed.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Serial killers! terrorists! racists! presidential candidates!...........You know, if you really really want, you can link either candidate to Kevin Bacon in only 6 degrees!

I no longer believe that those on the left cannot see the obvious ties that Obama has with Ayers...ACORN...Rev. Wright....Father Pfleger ...Farrakhan...Penny Pritzker...etc.

They choose to be blind on purpose....using an arbitrary moral compass to justify and explain away every dubious connection to Obama.

If Obama beat a Nun to death with a tire iron...the media would say she had it coming, and report how she had "scary superstitious beliefs"...and there would be those in this forum who would be convinced he saved the world from a "religous zealot"

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Although the bomb that rocked the Pentagon was itsy-bitsy - weighing close to two pounds .....

..... At least he never went further than that. Hopefully he has changed.

Are you freaking kidding me????!!!!!!!!!

You are actually minimizing what this A-hole did??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly what I meant about Obama beating a Nun with a tire iron!!!

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Are you freaking kidding me????!!!!!!!!!You are actually minimizing what this A-hole did??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly what I meant about Obama beating a Nun with a tire iron!!!

No. And I probably should have said "fortunately" instead of "at least". My point was at least he didn't kill anyone, he could have easily. Mircale he hasn't since he's obviously nuts and quite capable. The quote about itsy bitsy was actually Ayers' quote, not my words. My words started at "I stand corrected.." I don't condone nor downplay anything he did, and I'll say it he's not an A-hole he's an ASSHOLE!

ACORN - Obama represented them in a lawsuit in 1995 against the state of Illinois to implement the motor voter law. Nothing to do with voter fraud. In fact ACORN in 2008 had nothing to do with voter fraud. It was actually voter registration fraud. There's a difference. ACORN hired people to register voters, those people in turn faked voter registrations so they didn't have to do actual work. ACORN is required to turn in those registrations legally if they're filled out. The fraud was actually committed against ACORN. ACORN SHOULD turn the people in who faked the registrations, that's my problem with them. Also, Obama gave ACORN $800,000 this year to register voters. Nothing to do with Obama trying to commit voter fraud. As far as I know, there's no evidence to suggest otherwise. There is video of John McCain speaking at an ACORN event.

Rev Wright - Obama denounced him publicly, twice. Also doesn't speak to him anymore as far as we know (although who ACTUALLY knows this?) If Rev. Wright is fair game then so is Palin's former Pastor Thomas Muthee. I don't think either are a real issue. Religious extremists whom politicians can't seem to get away from. It happens.

Father Pfleger ...Farrakhan...Penny Pritzker. Don't know about them, but I WILL read up on them.

xfl2001fan
10-28-2008, 01:23 PM
fugawzi,

You're a pretty good guy man. I like that you take an open mind with this and can admit when you are wrong.

We could use more people like that in this world (on both sides of the political fence).

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 01:28 PM
@xfl2000: Thanks. I'm sure just about everyone can tell who I'd vote for, no mystery there. I don't think Obama's perfect. I do feel he's the better candidate. That's just me though. That said, there are a lot of accusations out there that are not true. On BOTH sides. No question. It sucks that people get caught up in that, instead of what will make our country better. Either way, I think no matter who gets elected, things will get better eventually. They have to. Even though Obama is ahead right now, he can still lose.

X-Terminator
10-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Yep, I have to agree with XFL and give you props, man. You're a good egg (even if you are a Dolphins fan LOL)

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 01:34 PM
even if you are a Dolphins fan LOL

Haha. At least I'm not a Ravens, Bungles, or Browns fan. I don't think I would have lasted this long around here.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-28-2008, 01:42 PM
No. And I probably should have said "fortunately" instead of "at least". My point was at least he didn't kill anyone, he could have easily. Mircale he hasn't since he's obviously nuts and quite capable. The quote about itsy bitsy was actually Ayer's quote, not my words. My words started at "I stand corrected.." I don't condone nor downplay anything he did, and I'll say it he's not an A-hole he's an ASSHOLE!

Appreciate the correction.

ACORN - Obama represented them in a lawsuit in 1995 against the state of Illinois to implement the motor voter law. Nothing to do with voter fraud. In fact ACORN in 2008 had nothing to do with voter fraud. It was actually voter registration fraud. There's a difference. ACORN hired people to register voters, those people in turn faked voter registrations so they didn't have to do actual work. ACORN is required to turn in those registrations legally if they're filled out. The fraud was actually committed against ACORN. ACORN SHOULD turn the people in who faked the registrations, that's my problem with them. Also, Obama gave ACORN $800,000 this year to register voters. Nothing to do with Obama trying to commit voter fraud. As far as I know, there's no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Obama trained ACORN Chicago members in leadership seminars....ACORN had this on their website until recently. .... Obama also sat on the boards of the Woods Fund and Joyce Foundation, both of which poured money into ACORNís coffers....of which $1,000,000 was embezzled by arrested ACORN founder Wade Rathke. Acorn is the political arm of "Project Vote" who has to pretend to be bi-partisan because they are a tax-exempt organization...Even though ACORN and Project Vote have virtually the same people on their boards.

Rev Wright - Obama denounced him publicly, twice. Also doesn't speak to him anymore as far as we know (although who ACTUALLY knows this?) If Rev. Wright is fair game then so is Palin's former Pastor Thomas Muthee. I don't think either are a real issue. Religious extremists whom politicians can't seem to get away from. It happens.

People can have whatever beliefs they want...but Wright is a hate-mongering racist....and if Obama couldnt figure that out in 21 years...you HAVE to believe he only distanced himself recently...when it became politically expedient.

Father Pfleger ...Farrakhan...Penny Pritzker. Don't know about them, but I WILL read up on them

I appreciate your willingness to look them up....Pfleger is a nut...Farrakhan is a racist...and Pritzker is an elitist who bankrupted a savings and loan in Chicago..and is called one of the "architects" of the Fannie Mae Freddie Mac scheme to provide enormous bonuses to CEO's by meeting incentive laced goals with bad loans.

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 01:49 PM
All I know is, in a week, we will vote in a new president. No matter who it is, what happened in their past, we need them to be a good president. Not like what we have had recently. We've got some serious issues as a country. And somehow people on both sides need to get behind whoever it is when they are elected, otherwise we aren't gonna get much done.

MACH1
10-28-2008, 01:52 PM
@xfl2000: Thanks. I'm sure just about everyone can tell who I'd vote for, no mystery there. I don't think Obama's perfect. I do feel he's the better candidate. That's just me though. That said, there are a lot of accusations out there that are not true. On BOTH sides. No question. It sucks that people get caught up in that, instead of what will make our country better. Either way, I think no matter who gets elected, things will get better eventually. They have to. Even though Obama is ahead right now, he can still lose.

There's nothing wrong with that. Gotta agree with xfl and X-T. :drink:

The dolphins? :screwy:

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 02:02 PM
The dolphins? :screwy:

I'll clear that up for the record. I grew up in South FL. Vero Beach, about 2 hours north of Dolphin Stadium. Lived there for over 20 years. My dad got me into the 'phins in the early 90's. I remember always being competitive with the Bills, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith and losing to them in the AFC champ game I think '92. The good ol' days. I was a season ticket holder there for a little while. I just moved to this area (SW PA) 2 years ago. Have some family here and I'm friends with many Steelers fans. I'm also on finheaven.com forums.

xfl2001fan
10-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Haha. At least I'm not a Ravens, Bungles, or Browns fan. I don't think I would have lasted this long around here.

It's not as bad as you might think. Don't be a troll (which you're not) and you'll be fine. I'm still around and one of the bigger "current" posters.

Leftoverhard
10-28-2008, 02:09 PM
I'll clear that up for the record. I grew up in South FL. Vero Beach, about 2 hours north of Dolphin Stadium. Lived there for over 20 years. My dad got me into the 'phins in the early 90's. I remember always being competitive with the Bills, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith and losing to them in the AFC champ game I think '92. The good ol' days. I was a season ticket holder there for a little while. I just moved to this area (SW PA) 2 years ago. Have some family here and I'm friends with many Steelers fans. I'm also on finheaven.com forums.

That Joey sig is hilarious btw. So Joey.

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 02:12 PM
That Joey sig is hilarious btw. So Joey.

Yea I know. Someone actually said they think he hated taking that pic because his personality doesn't exactly scream inflatable dolphins. Haha. Either way I'm just glad he's having a good year so far. Hey, this thread is turning into a discussion about football. Imagine that.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-28-2008, 02:13 PM

Could you do us one more favor...and change your pic.....its distracting!!!!!....(I have to read all your posts... like three times)

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Could you do us one more favor...and change your pic.....its distracting!!!!!....(I have to read all your posts... like three times)

She's a hottie for sure. If you think that's distracting...

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x104/slimkp333/dolphinschick.jpg

I said this in another thread...I'd love to play football with her...and by play football I mean have sex. :laughing:

tony hipchest
10-28-2008, 02:45 PM
WHOA!

:banana:

xfl2001fan
10-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Stupid firewall at work, can't see the hottie pic...might not remember when I get home.

But I'm not jealous or anything. :P

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Stupid firewall at work, can't see the hottie pic...might not remember when I get home.

But I'm not jealous or anything. :P

I sent you a PM with the link to remind you so check out your messages when you get home.

Leftoverhard
10-28-2008, 03:11 PM
dangerous pic - "yeah babe, I'm just talking politics on the steelers forum thing" doesn't work out so good with that uh awful, awful, awful picture on my screen.......lmao
"of course I said awful 3 times, like you said!"

xfl2001fan
10-28-2008, 03:15 PM
LOL Thanx bro. I replied before reading your post. I'll check it when I get to the house...or tomorrow (because I work really late tonight).

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 03:18 PM
LOL Thanx bro. I replied before reading your post. I'll check it when I get to the house...or tomorrow (because I work really late tonight).

Hell yea check it out. Make sure the wife isn't around ;)

xfl2001fan
10-28-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm not worried about her. I look at women. She looks at men. It's a fact of life that we both accept.

We have this theory that we agreed on before we started dating.

It really is ok to admire the flowers in another man (or woman's) garden. So long as we don't play in the flower pot, visual admiration is ok.

We're both flirty and I wouldn't have her any other way. Faithfulness is all that matters. She and I both know exactly where the line is and don't toy with it.

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 03:27 PM
Haha...even better.

MACH1
10-28-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm not worried about her. I look at women. She looks at men. It's a fact of life that we both accept.

We have this theory that we agreed on before we started dating.

It really is ok to admire the flowers in another man (or woman's) garden. So long as we don't play in the flower pot, visual admiration is ok.

We're both flirty and I wouldn't have her any other way. Faithfulness is all that matters. She and I both know exactly where the line is and don't toy with it.

Like my wife says. You can look at the menu but you can't order. :laughing:

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 03:56 PM

My wife says..."You cheat on me and I'll cut your balls off!" No I'm kidding, I'm not even married.

MACH1
10-28-2008, 03:59 PM
My wife says..."You cheat on me and I'll cut your balls off!" No I'm kidding, I'm not even married.

Yep...heard that one too, with the addition of I''ll hang em off the rear view mirror. :sofunny:

tony hipchest
10-28-2008, 04:08 PM
We're both flirty and I wouldn't have her any other way. Faithfulness is all that matters.

warning- that picture up close destroys all faith... :laughing:

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 04:14 PM
warning- that picture up close destroys all faith... :laughing:

haha...

xfl2001fan
10-28-2008, 04:28 PM

Verah Niice! Adding that one to my repetoire!

augustashark
10-29-2008, 01:25 AM
What the hell, this thread was all heated and some flames were flying. A guy shows a pic of a girl and all of a sudden All I see is :love::yummy:

Geesh! Btw, her name is Ashley and I've known here for a "LONG" time!:chuckle:

fugawzi
10-30-2008, 08:12 PM
What the hell, this thread was all heated and some flames were flying. A guy shows a pic of a girl and all of a sudden All I see is :love::yummy:

Geesh! Btw, her name is Ashley and I've known here for a "LONG" time!:chuckle:

I didn't think any flames were flying.