PDA

View Full Version : _____ Must be fired... NOW.

Preacher
10-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Who is that person? Simple.

http://blogs.herald.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/10/steely.jpg

SInce he has become out mascot...

1. Our Offensive line has gone downhill (Never mind the previous season, we will still blame it on him).

2. We have had an ownership crisis develop

3. He was busted for drunk driving! Yet NO suspension of McBeem. Just what DOES he have on Tomlin and co?

4. We have lost around 8 games! including the opening round of the playoffs! We have not lost in the opening round of the playoffs in YEARS!

5. He has NO rushing yards what so ever.

6. He CANNOT long snap. And we NEEDED that this last Sunday.

Why is no one talking about this?

PNP... You are a prophet on this topic... yet YOU haven't even cried out about this travesty this year.

WHY PEOPLE WHY!!

:wink02:

steelwall
10-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Mascot????....we don't need no stinking mascot.......

stillers4me
10-27-2008, 05:46 PM
I still think they modeled him after Bill Cowher.

Hapa
10-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Hahahahha that was hilarious

Texasteel
10-27-2008, 05:50 PM
The funny part is, this makes more sence that some of the "fire the bum" thread I've seen.

VTsteel
10-27-2008, 05:53 PM
good one

TheWarDen86
10-27-2008, 05:54 PM
James Harrison ...... as the long snapper. :wink02: KIDDING!

But I was doing some thinking: I've watched every single Steelers game since the invention of the NFL Sunday Ticket on Directv. I cannot recall the last time I saw an issue with the long snapper. How ironic is it that it comes in a game against the giants???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trey_Junkin

Obviously, there's some sort of "pay it forward" style conspiracy. :laughing:

shevdog
10-27-2008, 06:16 PM
We need a mascot as much as we need cheerleaders. Correction, we have a stadium full of cheerleader, just as many one road games too.

Sorry but McBeam looks gay! I'll never forget the boo's I heard at the last couple home games I attended.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-27-2008, 06:26 PM
Fire George Bush .. :wink:

Then get somebody in there and in the words of the SNL financial analyst......."FIX IT!"

tony hipchest
10-27-2008, 06:28 PM
there was a bit of an uproar when experienced mike schneck was released in in favor of going with udfa greg warren in an effort to save about half a mil on the cap.

we got under the cap and won the sb with a rookie long snapper who had no flubs the entire season.

we should be good in those regards.

im about getting sick of the 2 expected pentalties willie colon is sure to deliver every week though.

unfortunately we are so thin on the line and he is one of our most veteran starters (that is scary).

Angina
10-27-2008, 07:07 PM

3. He was busted for drunk driving! Yet NO suspension of McBeem. Just what DOES he have on Tomlin and co?

Why is no one talking about this?

WHY PEOPLE WHY!!

:wink02:

:couch: Shhhhhh.........it's a conspiracy!!!!

Angina

klick81
10-27-2008, 07:53 PM
That son of a bitch.

Preacher
10-27-2008, 08:07 PM
That son of a bitch.

:rofl:

I figured we need a "blow off a little steam" thread!

TheWarDen86
10-27-2008, 08:12 PM

Ya know Preach, all things considered it's not that bad. We were in the lead against a damn good team for most of the game and we have HOW MANY starters out? I thought our defense was fantastic. Yeah, they didn't sack Eli, but he also didn't complete a lot of passes. Jacobs went no where. Plus, this was a non-conference game. Losses suck but they happen. At least this one doesn't really hurt us. I'm just kind of impressed with what we have been able to do with who we have. It could be a lot worse. Whattaya think?

steelpride12
10-27-2008, 09:05 PM
We don't need cheerleaders or mascots, fans come to watch the Steelers not steely Mcpiece of poop.

klick81
10-27-2008, 09:32 PM

LOL... thanks for providing one :drink:

As far as this loss goes, WarDen, you're right. It's not that big of a deal for the reasons you mentioned, but it's never easy to swallow a loss. Especially one that I honestly believe we should have won (in spite of the offense's performance).

The defense played their heart out, and they deserve more. But you know what? I have a feeling (or maybe it's me just "believing") that this will be something similar to the SB season when the Steelers got completely smoked by the Manning and the Colts in the regular season, only to completely dominate them in that great playoff game, where it REALLY counted. Only in this case, it will be in the biggest of stages.

Preacher
10-27-2008, 09:47 PM
LOL... thanks for providing one :drink:

As far as this loss goes, WarDen, you're right. It's not that big of a deal for the reasons you mentioned, but it's never easy to swallow a loss. Especially one that I honestly believe we should have won (in spite of the offense's performance).

The defense played their heart out, and they deserve more. But you know what? I have a feeling (or maybe it's me just "believing") that this will be something similar to the SB season when the Steelers got completely smoked by the Manning and the Colts in the regular season, only to completely dominate them in that great playoff game, where it REALLY counted. Only in this case, it will be in the biggest of stages.

That sure would be nice!!

SteelersMongol
10-28-2008, 12:39 AM
Off with his head. :horse:

paw-n-maul-u
10-28-2008, 02:35 AM
that was awesome. seriously tho, mcbeam should go

KeiselPower99
10-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Best mascots or cheerleaders are the fans.But McBeam isnt as bad as peoplethink he is. He is good for the kids.

Havik
10-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Steely McBeam needs to go. He's dumb and useless, kinda like Willie Colon.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Steely McBeam needs to go. He's dumb and useless, kinda like Willie Colon.

Oh come on now, give McBeam a break comparing him to Colon!

Preacher
10-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Who woulda through a little smart-alec thread would have garnered 21 replies....

Then again, Tony's 1492 thread is STILL going.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Who woulda through a little smart-alec thread would have garnered 21 replies....

Then again, Tony's 1492 thread is STILL going.

That thread is a classic that will NEVER end!

Preacher
10-28-2008, 09:30 PM
That thread is a classic that will NEVER end!

Well...

with all the fire ___ threads after a Steelers loss... :tap:

:hunch:

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-29-2008, 11:44 AM
I think we fire Hartwig.

Hey, why dont we start a "Hartwig Sucks!!!......bring back Mahan" thread? :noidea:

#1LambertFan
10-29-2008, 11:49 AM
James Harrison ...... as the long snapper. :wink02: KIDDING!

But I was doing some thinking: I've watched every single Steelers game since the invention of the NFL Sunday Ticket on Directv. I cannot recall the last time I saw an issue with the long snapper. How ironic is it that it comes in a game against the giants???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trey_Junkin

Obviously, there's some sort of "pay it forward" style conspiracy. :laughing:

The man can bench over 500 pounds and has never snapped the ball once in a game in either college or the NFL. Why couldn't we have gone with Hartwig or Stapleton is beyond me.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-29-2008, 11:56 AM
The man can bench over 500 pounds and has never snapped the ball once in a game in either college or the NFL. Why couldn't we have gone with Hartwig or Stapleton is beyond me.

Because Harrison has snapped the ball in practice and training camp. I dont know that Hartwig or Stapleton have.

Long snapping for a punt is very different than snapping for a QB.

SteelMember
10-29-2008, 02:10 PM
I knew it was you McBeam. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!

klick81
10-29-2008, 02:40 PM

Jesus, Harry and Joseph. I think it's time we all move on to next week. Let it go.

Preacher
10-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Jesus, Harry and Joseph. I think it's time we all move on to next week. Let it go.

Exactly!!

No series posts allowed in this thread!!!

SteelMember
10-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Exactly!!

No series posts allowed in this thread!!!

:huh: I thought it was a good idea. :noidea:

MACH1
10-29-2008, 03:18 PM
I say we fire Willie for stepping in a pothole. Its all his fault. :hatsoff:

Preacher
10-29-2008, 04:00 PM
:huh: I thought it was a good idea. :noidea:

:chuckle:

Some people were getting back into the "why couldn't so and so be used as a LS instead of Harrison..."

Your post was hilarious