PDA

View Full Version : People jumping off of Big Ben's wagon

SuzyPeppercorn
10-28-2008, 11:10 AM
does anyone else think that everyone is overreacting about ben throwing 4 interceptions.

let me make this clear. ben had a bad game. he didnt play good at all.

does 4 interceptions reflect that? i dont think it does. lets recap the 4 interceptions.

the first one. a terrible decision trying to force the ball in a window that is just too small. no excuse.
the second one. ben hits nate in the numbers and he coughs it up. nate has to hold on to that.
the third one. with our long snapper out for the game and a 50yd field goal staring us in the face. we go for it on 4th and 4. protection breaks down and instead of taking a sack which would have given the giants excellent field position ben throws it up for grabs. i dont really see what else he could have done. taking a sack was way worse than throwing a pick. actually throwing an incompletion was worse than throwing a pick.
the fourth one. 4th and 10+ yds inside your own twenty. ben heaves one deep and it gets picked.

let me repeat this. i think ben played a bad game. the defense gave us a chance to win the game and the offense didnt pull through. but i dont get all the talk i am hearing about ben sucking cuz he threw four picks. four interceptions sounds bad but i dont think he played as bad as the stats suggest.:noidea:

any thoughts??

steelwall
10-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Even the best hall of fame QB's had bad games. Ben is a good QB, I honestly think he is trying to be too tough and play through injuries.

Not to mention he doesnt have the best protection in the world......or even close for that matter.

fansince'76
10-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Steelers QBs are never cut any slack whatsoever. There's a reason Bradshaw carried a very sizable grudge against Steelers fans in general for a good two decades after he retired. Same old, same old.

steelwall
10-28-2008, 11:26 AM
Steelers QBs are never cut any slack whatsoever. There's a reason Bradshaw carried a very sizable grudge against Steelers fans in general for a good two decades after he retired. Same old, same old.

This is true, but also true is we havent had a QB the caliber of Big Ben, since Bradshaw.The steeler nation is tough on our QB's but, I personally think Ben will take whatever is thrown at him. He's a gamer, perhaps even too much. I think in the Giants game there was some thing wrong with him, his passing motion didnt even seem right. I think he's hiding an injury, or making less of the injury than it is.

I mean come on...........if you have seen Ben play you know he can put the ball in the numbers, while running full speed, he's good.

I think Ben and Bradshaw are two totally different people, I like them both, but Bradshaw brough alot of criticsm on himself, not necessarily by his playing but his attitude while he was playing. Just IMO........... On the same token I think the Steeler nation has embraced Bradshaw now.:hug:

MACH1
10-28-2008, 11:36 AM
He had a bad game, a real bad game. But he always bounces back.

Not sure if his shoulder is bothering him more than he's letting on or what.

steelwall
10-28-2008, 11:44 AM
He had a bad game, a real bad game. But he always bounces back.

Not sure if his shoulder is bothering him more than he's letting on or what.

I think it is his shoulder to be honest. But unlike Bradshaw (who would flail around like a fish out of water when he was hurt) Ben plays through it. I don't condone this but I do admire his desire to play.

But again Bradshaw did go 2 decades with a chip on his shoulder, and given the way he was treated I don't blame him, but again I think the STEELER fans have come to love him again, and he knows it.

If yu seen the tonight show (can't remember may have been last year) he admitted as such.

SteelMember
10-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Even the best hall of fame QB's had bad games. Ben is a good QB, I honestly think he is trying to be too tough and play through injuries.
Not to mention he doesnt have the best protection in the world......or even close for that matter.

Agree'd. What was with his thumb? It looked dislocated, but I haven't heard any more.

As far as the int. breakdown, the 2nd (tipped) can be dicounted, but the others are his fault imo.
The 1st, as stated, was forced.
The 3rd and 4th, I can understand the arguement, but I don't believe field position was of any consideration at the time. It was getting late and the Steelers needed a score. Gotta get the 1st down.

steelwall
10-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Agree'd. What was with his thumb? It looked dislocated, but I haven't heard any more.

As far as the int. breakdown, the 2nd (tipped) can be dicounted, but the others are his fault imo.
The 3rd and 4th, I can understand the arguement, but I don't believe field position was of any consideration at the time. It was getting late and the Steelers needed a score. Gotta get the 1st down.

Yes he did force some, but still something did not seem right. His accuracy is way better than what we seen sunday.

Leftoverhard
10-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Ben's not a mediocre QB. He's either awesome or he sucks. When he's good, everyone loves him and of course when he's bad, fans start freaking out. High risk, high reward. He's never gonna be perfect but at least he's exciting. His play relies on the team to play as one and sometimes that doesn't work. Yeah, I think he plays hurt too much but can you blame him? Every time a QB sits a game out they put their job at risk.

stlrtruck
10-28-2008, 11:54 AM
I hope everyone jumps off his bandwagon and the Steelers bandwagon and that the Steelers can move forward in obscurity - only to once again SHOCK THE WORLD come early February.

steelwall
10-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Ben's not a mediocre QB. He's either awesome or he sucks. When he's good, everyone loves him and of course when he's bad, fans start freaking out. High risk, high reward. He's never gonna be perfect but at least he's exciting. His play relies on the team to play as one and sometimes that doesn't work. Yeah, I think he plays hurt too much but can you blame him? Every time a QB sits a game out they put their job at risk.

Don't forget Ben is a pro-bowler and has a super bowl ring, how many QB's in the league can say that?. I seriously doubt his job is at risk. Maybe a couple weeks off but there's noone on our roster better than him...Even when sometimes he plays hurt.

steelwall
10-28-2008, 12:03 PM
I hope everyone jumps off his bandwagon and the Steelers bandwagon and that the Steelers can move forward in obscurity - only to once again SHOCK THE WORLD come early February.

I never personally knew a Steeler bandwagoner (not saying they dont exist) but IMO once a Steelers fan allways a Steeler fan......:helmet:

fansince'76
10-28-2008, 12:04 PM
I think it is his shoulder to be honest. But unlike Bradshaw (who would flail around like a fish out of water when he was hurt) Ben plays through it. I don't condone this but I do admire his desire to play.

But again Bradshaw did go 2 decades with a chip on his shoulder, and given the way he was treated I don't blame him, but again I think the STEELER fans have come to love him again, and he knows it.

If yu seen the tonight show (can't remember may have been last year) he admitted as such.

Bradshaw was as tough as they came. Bradshaw, like Ben, took a lot of undue criticism which is why he had that chip on his shoulder - it was caused by the same mentality that leads to idiots calling Ben "Big Pick Oafishburger" and the like after one bad game. Bradshaw's 60 years old now. He's mellowed.

HometownGal
10-28-2008, 12:06 PM

Sad but true. Steelers fans are particularly hard on their QB and the same shit, different era is happening with Ben. God forbid the guy has a bad game. I guess the Ben boo birds never have a bad day on the job, eh? :doh::banging:

For all of the times Ben has pulled this team through a game almost singlehandedly and the fact that he has been playing in intense pain for the last several weeks, I think we can cut him some slack for his poor performance this past Sunday. I'd still take #7 any day of the week and twice on Sundays over any other QB in the league. Without a shadow of a doubt. :tt03:

Dino 6 Rings
10-28-2008, 12:11 PM
I think...I'll get on the Ben bandwagon and finally buy his Jersey. That'll be a good way to show my support.

X-Terminator
10-28-2008, 12:18 PM
No one, of course, should be surprised that the "fans" are jumping off of Ben's wagon. For Steelers QBs, it's "perfection or the pine." There is no middle ground. Bad games are not tolerated in any way, shape or form, and the fact that they happen to the best of them doesn't matter.

(cue "We're not allowed to say a bad word about Ben or we'll get bashed by the 'clique'" posts in 3...2...1...)

Edman
10-28-2008, 12:21 PM
I can already tell people are jumping off of Ben's bandwagon after one bad game. Look at all these stupid "fans" that showed up after the loss and the loss in Philly. Now he's no good and a waste? Big Pick Oafishberger?

Peyton Manning threw six interceptions against the Chargers last year, and two pick 6's against the Packers last week. Ben had a bad day. It happens to everyone. The Great ones keep going while the bad ones continue to play bad.

We Steeler fans don't deserve his services. Geez.

xfl2001fan
10-28-2008, 12:22 PM
I never personally knew a Steeler bandwagoner (not saying they dont exist) but IMO once a Steelers fan allways a Steeler fan......:helmet:

Bandwagoners jump on while they are good and jump off when they are bad.

When's the last time that you saw the Steelers being real bad?

Indy and NE might have some bandwagoners jumping ship, but I don't think any educated football fan believes that the Steelers had anything more than just a bad game against a darn good defense.

fansince'76
10-28-2008, 12:29 PM
No one, of course, should be surprised that the "fans" are jumping off of Ben's wagon. For Steelers QBs, it's "perfection or the pine." There is no middle ground. Bad games are not tolerated in any way, shape or form, and the fact that they happen to the best of them doesn't matter.

(cue "We're not allowed to say a bad word about Ben or we'll get bashed by the 'clique'" posts in 3...2...1...)

Beat me to it - either that or the alternate "we're about to get bashed by the Kool-Aid drinking cheerleaders who never see any fault in anything whatsoever." :coffee:

steelwall
10-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Bandwagoners jump on while they are good and jump off when they are bad.

When's the last time that you saw the Steelers being real bad?

Indy and NE might have some bandwagoners jumping ship, but I don't think any educated football fan believes that the Steelers had anything more than just a bad game against a darn good defense.

I know what a bandwagoner is, I'm just saying I never seen a Steeler bandwagoneer. But as I said I'm sure they are out there.

DACEB
10-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Ben definetly had a bad game. Out of the 4 ints only one was a very poor decision. The 1st int should have been for a long gain. I think Ben saw the safety and tried to throw the ball in the dirt. And the safety made a great play. Problem is Ben should have seen the position of the safety and gone over the top to Ward. Possibly Ben thought Ward would break to the left seeing how shallow the safety was playing.

Ben still has a way to go to be elite, as far as reading defenses. But his athleticism, toughness and gamesmanship are what make him great at this point in his career.

Ben's a playmaker and sometimes that attribute works against him. Besides having Ben sometimes take what the D gives him, I wouldn't change a thing. And I will not waiver from my belief that the offensive woes are due to Arians, not Ben.

SteelerFanInCA
10-28-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm sure Ben will bounce back strong this week. He usually does after he has a bad game.

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 01:56 PM
There's always going to be a bandwagon and someone there to jump on it, especially with the Steelers. I mean that as a compliment because they are consistently a good team. Let 'em jump off who needs 'em?

memphissteelergirl
10-28-2008, 02:39 PM
I love #7. He's developing into a leader and arguably one of the top 5 QB's in this league. I will challenge anybody who says otherwise. :duel:

But he still does things that drive me up a wall, across the ceiling and back again. Most notably the way he will hold onto the ball and try to make a play happen at the last minute when it's painfully obvious there is no play to be made. As someone said, he wants to make the big play, but dag! Sometimes ya gotta know when to let it go!

When Big Ben finally gets a decent O-line, those stats are gonna get better. And he's not gonna have a 4-TD game every Sunday. That's how the game is. But geez the name-calling when he does have an off-day is getting stoopid (misspelling
intended).

Aagren
10-28-2008, 03:08 PM
[QUOTE=memphissteelergirl;463609]I love #7. He's developing into a leader and arguably one of the top 5 QB's in this league. I will challenge anybody who says otherwise. :duel:

Agreed to that.
On the other hand it seems like Ben is only as good as the play called. All the sacks on sunday happen when the back field was empty, and when the offense stopped using Moore or Russell activly in the game. We also need a better use of Heath to counter the pressure, small dump offs.
But we need too trust in the offense and that is counting all 11 the coaches put on the field and support every one.

:tt02:

Looking forward to coming back to the steel city and USA next year come october or november.

Makaveli
10-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Bradshaw was as tough as they came. Bradshaw, like Ben, took a lot of undue criticism which is why he had that chip on his shoulder - it was caused by the same mentality that leads to idiots calling Ben "Big Pick Oafishburger" and the like after one bad game. Bradshaw's 60 years old now. He's mellowed.

I'm far from an idiot Billy boy. And i and as anyone else
has the right and freedom to voice their opinions whether or not they are in accordance with your "beliefs ".

And for the record,....my disdain for Roethlisberger is not "new" by any means. So miss me with the "one bad game " theory.

But you wouldn't know that,..because you do not know me personally .And as such you indeed are the only one displaying "idiocy" and or ignorance upon a message board to an individual that you most certainly would not do so to in his presence.

And that's the difference between you and i.

fansince'76
10-28-2008, 04:56 PM
And for the record,....my disdain for Roethlisberger is not "new" by any means. So miss me with the "one bad game " theory.

But you wouldn't know that,..because you do not know me personally .And as such you indeed are the only one displaying "idiocy" and or ignorance upon a message board to an individual that you most certainly would not do so to in his presence.

Funny, but I didn't see you expressing your disdain for Roethlisberger after the Jax game. Why is that?

"Internet Tuff Guy" too. Figures. I suppose you'll be challenging me to post my address and phone number here so you can come kick my ass next, right? :yawn:

MillerMania83
10-28-2008, 05:06 PM
I think Ben is one of the top 3 QB's in the league, maybe I'm being a bit of a "homer" there but that's OK, it's JMO....Honestly, bottom line, you put Ben behind a top 3 OL and he can play and make the plays as good as Brady or Manning....This year Brady is out, Manning and his Colts are having an off year, and it's pretty obvious Ben is playing behind a less than stellar OL, and his peformances are showing that....Whether he's playing hurt, or maybe because of the injuries or the OL in front him, to me, I think he feels he's the leader and he's got to make somethin' happen out there, and honestly, HE SHOULD FEEL TAHT WAY, but it doesn't mean he's going to get the results to match his intentions right now, and we are seeing that....For me, if I'm starting a franchise right now and I could pick any QB in the league right now as my QB for the next decade, there AIN'T NO DOUBT I'm picking Big Ben, he is magical when all the pieces of the puzzle are in place.

stillers4me
10-28-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm willing to take the good, bad and the ugly with Ben. For richer, for poorer, for better or worse. I'll be there ......

I think you get thepicture. :chuckle:

SteelCityMan786
10-28-2008, 05:30 PM
Ben just had a bad game. He will snap out of it.

Those who are jumping off that bandwagon, must not have put up with the 1991, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003, and 2006 seasons during my lifetime and other past non-playoff or non winning season.

NJarhead
10-28-2008, 05:55 PM
I was pissed during the game, but in retrospect, he had a bad night. Just like the victors QB did in the Browns game (minus of course all the starters that were out and our pourous O-Line :banging:).

Since we're playing their NFC East Rival in Washington next week, do ya think they'd let us borrow Feagles? :laughing:

X-Terminator
10-28-2008, 06:05 PM
What's really funny about those who say "Ben sucks in big games" is that the guy won 3 of the biggest games of his career and was one of the biggest reasons why the Steelers got to XL. A run that included beating the #1 and #2 seeded teams ON THE ROAD.

Nah, he sucks. Let's get rid of him. :jerkit:

Edman is right. Steelers fans don't deserve him.

stillers4me
10-28-2008, 06:09 PM
When someone on in Cinci starts on the Ben sucks crap, and mentions his play in XL, I just say, " soooooo, you're sayin' the Steelers would have gotten to the Superbowl with Tommy Maddox at QB.?' "

Preacher
10-28-2008, 06:11 PM

Also, people shouldn't discuss someone else's idiocy if they can't remember that I is always captalized when talking about ones self. It really comes across as stupid.

:chuckle:

Not to mention, that in the predicate, it should be "you and me". "I" is a nominative (substantival) pronoun.

:wink02: :stirthepot:

MasterOfPuppets
10-28-2008, 06:18 PM
:chuckle:

Not to mention, that in the predicate, it should be "you and me". "I" is a nominative (substantival) pronoun.

:wink02: :stirthepot:
:pde: .........:huh: ..........:pde:

Stlrs4Life
10-28-2008, 06:46 PM

Bradshaw played hurt many times. Even played a game with a cast on his arm.

steelpride12
10-28-2008, 08:43 PM
To jump off Ben's bandwagon after a Superbowl victory is his hands in only his second starting season, and the success and leadership he brings to the team you should be ashamed with yourself.

Seems like after every poor game that Ben has god forbid, people jump straight on his back saying how he led us to defeat, and sure Sunday he had a big part in the loss, but to say its all his fault is crazy talk.
Ben is the leader of this team and a franchise QB who can make a name for himself in the NFL in the future, and he will again lead us to victory.

Edman
10-28-2008, 08:55 PM
There's a difference between being critical of your team and jumping off the bandwagon. Makaveli and several others are jumping off the bandwagon. Notice how they were nowhere to be found after the Jacksonville game. Yes, he did not play well Sunday. But that doesn't make him terrible. Calling him Big Pick Oafishberger when he's done nothing but win since his rookie season is ridiculous.

We know what Ben is capable of. We all know he's good. Even last Sunday, he made some plays. Too bad that long TD pass was called back, because it wasn't called, this probably wouldn't even be an issue right now. One pass bounced off of Nate's tummy (which he should've caught) and right into the hands of a Giant defender who just happened to be there. It just wasn't his day. It happens.

Watch them disappear when Ben lights up the Redskins next Monday.

steel striker
10-28-2008, 09:04 PM
You know it is one bad game and, lets not go overboard here. Plus it was not a division foe and, Ben always bounces back after a tough game. I remember 05 season against the bungles where Ben had three picks and, Ben played well the rest of that season leading us to the SB.

Still I really think it was a game we should have won but, the wheels came off. Too many penalty's on some bs calls. Like it mentioned already you can't name a Qb who has not had a bad game in the NFL. It is wasy too easy to sit here and beat a dead horse about the game on sunday. Time to get ready for the skins on Monday night. I will never jump off the Big Ben bandwagon.

Steel_Bus_24
10-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Im not jumping off.....Bens still a great QB that got us a SB. He does things that no other QBs could do and im glad we have him.

That said there is nothing wrong IMO of pointing out that he stunk against the Giants. He looked lost out there for the majority of the game.

He and the O folded in the face of adversity and we lost despite an amazing Defensive effort from our D.

We couldn't find that extra gear to beat the champs....its as simple as that..........(Which is starting to get a little worrisome considering.....Whens the last time we've beaten a powerhouse????)

Preacher
10-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Wait...

EEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHH...

Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Thump thump.

Ahhhh.. Its so nice to be able to stretch out the legs on this wagon !!!!!!

Steelman16
10-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Wait...

EEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHH...

Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Thump thump.

Ahhhh.. Its so nice to be able to stretch out the legs on this wagon !!!!!!

:toofunny:

Preach, yinz is one funny man. :chuckle:

Preacher
10-29-2008, 01:04 AM

Preach, yinz is one funny man. :chuckle:

Why thank ya!!

augustashark
10-29-2008, 01:41 AM
LOL

I was just referring to what we learned in English class at the elementary school level. I don't mind that he's not working on a double doctorate :wink02: but I do expect for people calling others stupid to have a basic grasp of the English language.

One time saying "i" is possibly a mistake of letting go of the "shift" button, but twice in the same post is just plane stoopid.

i thinck ur given hymn two mutch kredit

I think this post is a little over the line. We clearly have rules that state you don't come here calling people stupid. I don't know the history between you and the other poster, but that is not the point the point is that this post was out of line.

On to the topic of the thread. I feel that Ben just had one of those games. I admire #4 in NY and we all know he is a HOF'er and know that he has had games just like the one Ben had. Ben will be OK, a game like this will only make Ben foucus even more. I'm not worried one bit.

xfl2001fan
10-29-2008, 05:38 AM
I think this post is a little over the line. We clearly have rules that state you don't come here calling people stupid. I don't know the history between you and the other poster, but that is not the point the point is that this post was out of line.

So him calling someone an idiot is OK?

What's that, he didn't actually say someone (directly) was an idiot?

Oh yeah.

You can do stupid things without being stupid...and if you notice, I didn't actually call him stupid (or even stoopid). I commented that he made a stupid post.

Other portions of that post were directed towards the double doctorate wannabe (or soon-to-be, however you prefer) Preacher of ours going into greater detail about the English language than 95% of the population will ever know (or care) about. (Nothing but love for ya Preach!)

So try not to read too much into the post than is actually there. I'd have to accuse you of being either a politician or a media neophyte. :wink02: Then I might return the favor and say you were trying hard to act like a mod and state there are rules against it and such. But then you could return the favor in kind and then we'd just end up in some downward spiral that belongs in the blast furnace which get's us nowhere.

Instead, let's turn our attention to the OP.

Big Ben is a damn good QB who was on an offense that had a bad game. He wasn't the only one to have a bad game, because he didn't' cause his WR to tip the pass to the defender, he didn't allow the lineman through to get the sacks and he didn't run the routes (or not run the routes) that the WR's were supposed to run.

MasterOfPuppets
10-29-2008, 07:46 AM

Preach, yinz is one funny man. :chuckle:he talks funny too....must be a california thang......:noidea:

Not to mention, that in the predicate, it should be "you and me". "I" is a nominative (substantival) pronoun

#1LambertFan
10-29-2008, 11:43 AM

It wasn't his throwing hand that happened to though.

SteelMember
10-29-2008, 01:58 PM
It wasn't his throwing hand that happened to though.

Understand, but he still needed to handle the snaps...even the one's coming at his head. I don't think he's any better playing with the "glove" either.

HometownGal
10-29-2008, 02:25 PM
When someone on in Cinci starts on the Ben sucks crap, and mentions his play in XL, I just say, " soooooo, you're sayin' the Steelers would have gotten to the Superbowl with Tommy Maddox at QB.?' "

Well - we were one Academy Award winning performance by Nedney short of going to the AFCC with Tommy Maddox at QB. How soon people forget.

Originally Posted by augustashark

The way I look at things not only as a Mod, but as a regular poster first, is that if you shovel the shit, you'd best expect it to be shoveled back. I don't believe I've ever infracted anyone for simply defending themselves against a personal attack.

We also ask that people don't resort to carrying their attacks, baits, flames, etc. via PM's and reputation comments, as those features are board privileges and are also subject to infractions and/or bans. For the record, of course.

VTsteel
10-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Watch them disappear when Ben lights up the Redskins next Monday.

Bingo!

Preacher
10-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Preacher of ours going into greater detail about the English language than 95% of the population will ever know (or care) about. (Nothing but love for ya Preach!)

I was just completely overjoyed that I could use something I learned in school in real life :hunch:

But... do it again... and I'll whip this out!

http://www.agrandillusion.com/uploaded_images/GrammarPolice-799780.gif

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

SteelMember
10-30-2008, 07:40 AM
I was just completely overjoyed that I could use something I learned in school in real life :hunch:

But... do it again... and I'll whip this out!

http://www.agrandillusion.com/uploaded_images/GrammarPolice-799780.gif

Is that a division of the "Fan Police"?

That will not be tolerated.
:wantsome::rocket::ak47::m16::dualies:...... :injured:...... :tombstone:......:cheer:

thebus36idf
10-30-2008, 10:23 AM
There is no doubt Ben is a great QB We can't forget the spectacular throw in the Jag game under serious pressure that in essence was the game winner. That being said Ben seems to be holding the ball too long alot. Which we can't always blame him for. I counted a couple of times where he had the ball for five full seconds. It's not his fault, entirely because it seems he doesn't entirely trust his offensive line, and he seems preoccupied with watching his back. He even seems to take the ball and scramble when there is nobody around him. My friend who is an eagles fan recalled when Donanvan had the same uneasiness in the pocket, where he just wasn't comfortable, and it didn't reflect very well on their season. Ben needs to build some trust with his offensive line that seemed to do wee until the fourth quarter. Then his trust was compromised yet again when the giants came with the sink. It seems here that Arians would need a better strategy here, which he yet again had no answer for. Ben also seems to be having trouble at completing an effective screen which yet again pertains to him watching, or being preoccupied by the defense instead of his reciever. If we can string together an offesive game plan that would protect Ben when up against a nonblitzing defense, and a few audibles or Hot reads, and quick slants when in obvious blitz packages, maybe we could some trust.

Preacher
10-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Is that a division of the "Fan Police"?

That will not be tolerated.
:wantsome::rocket::ak47::m16::dualies:...... :injured:...... :tombstone:......:cheer:

GutterflowerSteel
10-30-2008, 06:53 PM
I have all confidence in Ben. I was as torqued up and upset as everybody else after last week's tough loss, but you just have to shake it off and move on. Everybody has a bad day - his just happened to be against the Giants. He didn't lose that game for us. All qbs have opportunity areas - and I'd still take Ben and his weaknesses over any other qb in this league - ALL.DAY.LONG!

He'll come back against the Redskins with a strong game and we'll win it on Election Eve @ FedEx :tt02: Our D will stop Portis, forcing Campbell to try and beat us with his arm. He won't be able to, and he'll get his first INT of the year when Troy picks him off :thumbsup: The Steelers will NOT go down 2 games in a row!!

I've had Redskins fans in my office chirping at me all week :blah: but they're worried because they KNOW how dangerous this team is coming off a loss - dangerous and pissed. They're 3-0 on MNF under Coach T :applaudit:

...just gotta be wary of Randle-El and those gadget plays! He's a pretty good weapon for them.

Steelthe#1dynasty
10-31-2008, 12:56 AM

Bottom line Ben needs to take us to another Super Bowl and he needs to produce with his arm (i.e., MVP caliber play). After he accomplishes this feat, he will no doubt silence his critics.

X-Terminator
10-31-2008, 08:04 AM
Bottom line Ben needs to take us to another Super Bowl and he needs to produce with his arm (i.e., MVP caliber play). After he accomplishes this feat, he will no doubt silence his critics.

Terry Bradshaw took the Steelers to 4 SB wins and was the MVP in 2 of them. Did that silence his critics? No. So Ben winning another SB and putting up MVP-caliber numbers will NOT silence his critics in the least.

Steeldude
10-31-2008, 11:02 AM
BR's problem is he hasn't really grown as a QB in the NFL. IMO, he is pretty much the same QB he was in his rookie season.

of course a much better O-line would help :smile:

DACEB
10-31-2008, 11:32 AM
BR's problem is he hasn't really grown as a QB in the NFL. IMO, he is pretty much the same QB he was in his rookie season.

of course a much better O-line would help :smile:

Bens rookie season he read only half the field. I think he's grown beyond playing with only half the field. I do agree that he still has some trouble reading some of what the defense is doing, if that is where your going.

cowboykilla
10-31-2008, 04:57 PM
Ben is the best thing to happen to the Steelers in decades. Mark my words he will be one of the all time greats.

missedgehead
11-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Ben had a bad game. Good grief. Big deal.