PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Jarkko Ruutu has already made some new friends

X-Terminator
10-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Check this out - Adam Mair of the Sabres goes after Ruutu in the hall after both were ejected from last night's game:

rqzOtW4zpBc

HometownGal
10-28-2008, 12:52 PM
LMAO!!!! :toofunny::toofunny::thumbsup: That's my Jarkko! PIA extraordinaire! :applaudit:

I still miss him so much in a Pens uniform and I think I always will. It absolutely kills me to see him in a Sens uniform.

X-Terminator
10-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Watching that video actually makes me wonder what could have been, because you and I have always felt that Therrien kept him on a leash too much and didn't allow him to be the agitator that I know he can be. That doesn't appear to be the case with the Sens and their coach Craig Hartsburg. Therrien is going to do the same thing to Matt Cooke, who is probably more hated than Ruutu. Just you watch.

pittsburghp8baller
10-28-2008, 01:05 PM
i saw that on NHL on the Fly last night and i started to bust out laughing!

wat is it with ruutu and jus laying on top of people? is there something i missed? i dont really remember him doing it that much in Pittsburgh, if at all.

X-Terminator
10-28-2008, 01:07 PM
i saw that on NHL on the Fly last night and i started to bust out laughing!

wat is it with ruutu and jus laying on top of people? is there something i missed? i dont really remember him doing it that much in Pittsburgh, if at all.

He did it quite a bit here, actually. It's just another tactic he uses to get under people's skin.

X-Terminator
11-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Here's another one from Ruutu - this is a clear cheap shot, but it's against Maxim Lapierre of the Canadiens, who is a complete douchebag and was the guy who speared Sid 2 years ago. So I have no sympathy for him. Ruutu later got kicked out of the game and waved goodbye to the good folks in the Bell Centre on his way out. :chuckle:

sMuqIZLYyHQ

SCSTILLER
11-18-2008, 08:59 AM
LMAO!!!! :toofunny::toofunny::thumbsup: That's my Jarkko! PIA extraordinaire! :applaudit:

I still miss him so much in a Pens uniform and I think I always will. It absolutely kills me to see him in a Sens uniform.

Me too, he was such a prick on the ice, and i loved watching him piss off the opposing team.

SteelCityMan786
11-30-2008, 01:26 PM

Matt Cooke is supposed to be another one of those Jarkko's. I haven't seen him go THAT level yet. We'll see if he will.

X-Terminator
12-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Jim Slater (ATL) vs. Ruutu from last night - good tilt, clear win for Ruutu. He doesn't drop them often as we know, but when he does, he's very good:

F58XhJmqb0Q

X-Terminator
01-06-2009, 10:20 PM
This one here I just can't excuse - Ruutu BITES Sabres enforcer Andrew Peters. Guaranteed he gets suspended for this one, which would be his second this season after having none in his career up until now:

dVLBUToVM4w

HometownGal
01-06-2009, 10:35 PM
This one here I just can't excuse - Ruutu BITES Sabres enforcer Andrew Peters. Guaranteed he gets suspended for this one, which would be his second this season after having none in his career up until now:

That was indeed pretty low of Jarkko, but I still miss him and wish he would come back to the Pens. Cookie has grown on me, but he just isn't Ruutu. He was a little prick but he was OUR little prick :chuckle:

X-Terminator
01-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Ruutu does indeed get suspension #2:

Ottawa's Jarkko Ruutu has been suspended for two games by the NHL for a biting incident that occurred in Tuesday night's loss to Buffalo.

Ruutu was suspended after a Wednesday morning's disciplinary hearing with NHL Senior Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell, a phone conversation between the two parties that began at 11:30 a.m.

In Tuesday's incident, Ruutu bit the gloved thumb of Buffalo's Andrew Peters, breaking the skin's surface, during a first-period altercation.

"It's a pretty goofy thing that happened," said Peters, who had a bandage wrapped around his right thumb after the game. "It's not the injury, it's the incident."

He will miss Thursday's game against Boston, the Northeast Division leader, and Saturday's home game against the New York Rangers.

It is the second time this season that Ruutu has been suspended this season. On Nov. 12, Ruutu earned a two-game ban for an elbow he delivered to the head of Montreal's Maxim Lapierre in a Nov. 11 game.

According to replays of the most recent incident, the skirmish started with Peters rubbing his glove in Ruutu's face as the play moved up ice. Then, Ruutu used his mouth to remove Peters' glove from his right hand. Peters immediately retreated to the Buffalo bench, holding his thumb, as trainers tended to the injury.

Peters, who sported a bandage on his thumb after the game, was assessed a minor for unsportsmanlike conduct on the play by the refereeing tandem of Mike Hasenfratz and Frederick L'Ecuyer.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=402623

It's also his second incident involving the Sabres, so I expect there to be some fireworks the next time they play.

But I agree, Marianne - I do miss Ruutu, and I think the team does too. He's one of those guys where you love him when he's on your team and hate him when he's not. I'll always have a soft spot for the guy no matter who he plays for, which is amazing since I hated his guts before he became a Penguin.

Crushzilla
01-07-2009, 03:42 PM
I will say that Peters had a beautiful performance after the incident writhing in pain.

Crazy Finn.

Thanks for the Ruutu watch, X.

X-Terminator
03-31-2009, 01:05 PM
Well, it's been almost 3 months, but Ruutu has made yet another new friend - this time it's Tampa HC Rick Tocchet, after he submarined Lightning foward Ryan Craig and took out his knees the other night. And of course, in typical Ruutu fashion, he drew a retaliation penalty which the Sens scored on:

Tocchet no fan of Sens' Ruutu

Jarkko Ruutu hasn't made many friends around the National Hockey League with his style of play. You can now add Rick Tocchet's name to the list of his detractors.

The Tampa Bay Lightning head coach was upset with the Senators forward in the third period of Sunday's game, when he felt that Ryan Craig was submarined on a hit by Ruutu.

Tocchet, who played 18 seasons in the NHL with a reputation of being one of the toughest forwards around, suggested that he would have taken on Ruutu himself - if he wasn't the one behind the bench.

"Craig's had two knee operations, so I don't think that was professional," Tocchet said to reporters after the game. "I have a suit on so I can't do anything about it. I wish I didn't have a suit on."

On Monday afternoon, the Senators agitator fired back at Tocchet, saying that the head coach of a last-place club should be concerned with other things.

"If I can get the coach rattled, it's a huge compliment to me," said Ruutu. "Maybe he should pay attention to his club. There's a lot more to worry about in his organization than me."

Craig actually ended up drawing a penalty on the play, when he cross-checked Ruutu in retaliation for the questionable hit. That put the Lightning at a two-man disadvantage and Jason Spezza scored a goal on the subsequent 5-on-3 power play to seal a 3-0 Ottawa victory.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/03/30/tocchet_ruutu/

Yeah, he's a dirty cheap shot artist, but damn I miss him!