PDA

View Full Version : The Way I See It (For What its Worth)

Livinginthe past
12-05-2005, 04:18 PM
First up - let me say how impressed I was by the general conduct of the Steeler and Bengal fans after yesterdays game - yes there was smack talk but I think it was all (or mostly) in good humor.

Hats off to the Bengals who truly took a big step to being recognised as a genuine force in the NFL this year - they are clearly on the up-and-up whereas the Steelers are entering a phase of consolidation.

Im not attempting to be any sort of forum-police officer, but they way I see it, if you are going to talk smack on an opponents forum after your teams wins then you really ought to be here to talk football BEFORE the game - not just show up after.

Its a shame that ICH has chosen to regress to childish baiting of forum members - what happened buddy?....I thought we had you almost reformed?

As a Patriots fan all I ask for is a little respect for my team - which I get 99% of the time - and believe me I know its hard to give any sort of props to a team that has ended your post-season the last couple of years.

Posters who are here to exclusively talk smack are pretty one-dimensional characters - Football is a great game and its nice to get the perspective of other teams fans without resorting to personal and team related insults.

Well - ive said my bit.....maybe others see the forum in a different way.

regards

NM

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 04:45 PM
I said congratulations once, told the fans to enjoy their win twice, and said the Bengals were one of the 2 best teams in football once. It KILLED me to do so, but, even though I threw out some backhanded compliments, I was probably as cordial and complimentary as I've ever been to another team ever...

Then ICH showed up and ruined it all...

clevestinks
12-19-2005, 05:07 AM
First up - let me say how impressed I was by the general conduct of the Steeler and Bengal fans after yesterdays game - yes there was smack talk but I think it was all (or mostly) in good humor.

Hats off to the Bengals who truly took a big step to being recognised as a genuine force in the NFL this year - they are clearly on the up-and-up whereas the Steelers are entering a phase of consolidation.

Im not attempting to be any sort of forum-police officer, but they way I see it, if you are going to talk smack on an opponents forum after your teams wins then you really ought to be here to talk football BEFORE the game - not just show up after.

Its a shame that ICH has chosen to regress to childish baiting of forum members - what happened buddy?....I thought we had you almost reformed?

As a Patriots fan all I ask for is a little respect for my team - which I get 99% of the time - and believe me I know its hard to give any sort of props to a team that has ended your post-season the last couple of years.

Posters who are here to exclusively talk smack are pretty one-dimensional characters - Football is a great game and its nice to get the perspective of other teams fans without resorting to personal and team related insults.

Well - ive said my bit.....maybe others see the forum in a different way.

regards

NM
Well said. I cant believe I missed this thread until now. All points well taken too. Thee old "Don`t dish it out of you can`t take theory" LOL. Your are right though, either show up on a consistent basis, or do`nt show up at all. Even if you just show up when the Steeles play your team, show up a couple days before, and a couple days after. And when, I`m mean if, you lose show up and take your smack!

Motley Nate
12-22-2005, 05:45 PM
I think we should enjoy the new rivalry for what it is. Neither the Browns or Ravens will be competitive for a while. As far as I'm concerned it's a two team division for a while. Let's have Cincy / Pitt part III!

SteelCityMan786
12-22-2005, 05:55 PM
I'd take you guys on a 3rd time. The Rivalry in this Division that will pretty much determine it is BENGALS v.s. STEELERS

Motley Nate
12-22-2005, 06:00 PM
I'd take you guys on a 3rd time. The Rivalry in this Division that will pretty much determine it is BENGALS v.s. STEELERS
I will contend that in the next few years it will be named the AFC Cincinnati division. :grin:

This is going to be a tough, hard fought rivalry.

clevestinks
12-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Its alwasy us and somebody, but SOMEBODY, is never the brownies

SteelCityMan786
12-22-2005, 08:50 PM
Its alwasy us and somebody, but SOMEBODY, is never the brownies

Never will be the Brownies. The Browns should be moved to another city like last time. Might I suggest the pick up in the middle of the night.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2005, 12:38 AM
And so I love to hate the ratbirds.... but damn for so long the bengal/steeler rivalry hasnt been much of one.. The ratbirds took that honor.. but after this year, the tide could be turning in a big way..

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2005, 08:59 AM
No Doubt BRC. The Ratbirds aren't contenders anymore

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2005, 11:38 AM
I hate all AFCN rivals, every last one of them... Im not sure the hatred for the bengals can ever quite meet the hatred for the ratbirds.. I have absolutely ZERO respect for anything about the ratbird organization... I hate the players, the fans the city, the uniforms, the coaches, the streets, the water, the buildings, the stadium.. I have an absolutely genuine disguest for anything baltimore period. I dont step foot in the city unless its to go to a Steeler game.

I can respect the Bengals for what they do, and how they play, and I can respect marvin lewis. I still hate them, but I respect their abilities.

Motley Nate
12-23-2005, 11:47 AM
Being a Clevelander for most of my life, I can say that it's in the water here to loathe Pittsburgh.

I've always hated Pittsburgh but I can't deny the fact that the Steelers have been a good football team that's dominated this division since the reformation. I too have gained major respect for several players on "that" team as well as their fans.

I really want to see the growth of a Steelers-Bengals rivalry that will superceed any existing rivalries that each team has. It's a two team division in my opinion and I can't wait till these teams play against each other again.

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2005, 01:16 PM
I have more respect for the Bengals then the other teams. I still hate em. But at least they have a team with at least some class unliked the FatRatbirds and the Clowns

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2005, 04:22 PM
I really want to see the growth of a Steelers-Bengals rivalry that will superceed any existing rivalries that each team has. It's a two team division in my opinion and I can't wait till these teams play against each other again.

Could be sooner than later huh :tt:

SteelerzGirl
12-23-2005, 07:26 PM
I hate all AFCN rivals, every last one of them... Im not sure the hatred for the bengals can ever quite meet the hatred for the ratbirds.. I have absolutely ZERO respect for anything about the ratbird organization... I hate the players, the fans the city, the uniforms, the coaches, the streets, the water, the buildings, the stadium.. I have an absolutely genuine disguest for anything baltimore period. I dont step foot in the city unless its to go to a Steeler game.

I can respect the Bengals for what they do, and how they play, and I can respect marvin lewis. I still hate them, but I respect their abilities.

Please don't hate the Orioles, Matt. I love the O's and Camden Yards. They're my fave baseball team! :smile: Shhh... We won't get into their steroid thing from this past year...(lol). GO O's!!! :bouncy:

clevestinks
12-23-2005, 07:36 PM
I just hate Cleveland and Baltimore, I never was really a cinci hater, although if a long term rivalry is brewing, then I`ll probably be a hater.
Hey I love the Steelers, but if everyone were aSteelers fan, we would be bored!