PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dolphins Owner: Sale of Team Should Happen Before Obama Presidency

MACH1
10-29-2008, 10:31 AM
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/28/miami-dolphins-owner-sale-team-happen-obama-presidency/

Miami Dolphins Owner: Sale of Team Should Happen Before Obama Presidency

The sale of the Miami Dolphins has been approved, but the owner hopes to expedite the transfer, saying he doesn't want to pay more capital gains taxes under an Obama administration.

FOXNews.com

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

H. Wayne Huizenga has been eyeing more than players' stats this season. As national polls swing further into the blue, the Miami Dolphins owner is saying he'd rather sell his team now than later, after Barack Obama is inaugurated.

"He wants to double the capital-gains tax, or almost double it," Huizenga told the Sun-Sentinel in Fort Lauderdale. "I'd rather give it to charity than to him.”

Huizenga is set to sell up to 45 percent of the team to Stephen Ross, who already purchased 50 percent of the team and Dolphin Stadium for $550 million earlier this year. NFL owners approved the transfer this month so it can take place any time.

"If you do it this year or you do it next year, the difference is humongous because of the taxes," Huizenga said.

The Obama camp said Huizenga's numbers are all wrong, explaining to the newspaper that the capital gains tax would only go up from 15 percent to 20 percent, a 33 percent increase, not a doubling of the tax.

revefsreleets
10-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Hmmmm...are we to believe Obama's constantly changing figures? How about that 250k dropping to 200k in one speech, then Biden stating it was actually 150k?

Anyone see where this is all REALLY headed? Classic bait and switch: Promise tax cuts, then get in office and raise taxes to pay for all the new trillions in spending.

devilsdancefloor
10-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Well honestly the only way that obama can get elected is to run as a right leaning tax cutting democrat.:coffee:

Vis
10-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Maybe Wayne's taxes can pay for the war debt, the poor fella.

fugawzi
10-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Wow can't believe I didn't see this. Sounds like something he'd say though. Rich bastard. Kinda glad to see him go. He really is all about the money. As long as we keep Parcells as Prez, he knows what he's doing. Ross in, Parcells in, Huizenga out. I'd rather it get done and over with and not drag out.

RunWillieRun
10-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Wow can't believe I didn't see this. Sounds like something he'd say though. Rich bastard. Kinda glad to see him go. He really is all about the money. As long as we keep Parcells as Prez, he knows what he's doing. Ross in, Parcells in, Huizenga out. I'd rather it get done and over with and not drag out.

Yeah that rich bastard wanting to donate his money to charity instead of give it to the government to waste. What a complete jerk! I hate him, too! Burn him!

/note sarcasm.

fugawzi
10-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Yeah that rich bastard wanting to donate his money to charity instead of give it to the government to waste. What a complete jerk! I hate him, too! Burn him!

/note sarcasm.

Well simply saying "I'd rather give it to charity..." doesn't mean he is going to, or that he has plans to. Knowing him, he won't be giving it to charity. Also, how is giving it to the government in the form of taxes waste?