PDA

View Full Version : Rivers whining through his teeth.......

stillers4me
10-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Rivers on Ward: 'What goes around, comes around'

Updated: October 29, 2008, 3:29 PM EST CINCINNATI (AP)

- Speaking out for the first time about the hit that broke his jaw, Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Keith Rivers made it clear Wednesday he's looking forward to his next game against the Pittsburgh Steelers and Hines Ward.

Ward leveled the rookie with a straight-up block on the fourth play of Pittsburgh's 38-10 victory on Oct. 19, leaving Rivers with a broken jaw. Ward wasn't penalized or fined for the block, which came from Rivers' side as he was chasing a ball carrier.

The first-round draft pick from Southern California has his jaw wired shut. He was in the locker room Wednesday and spoke with reporters about the block.

"I mean, I would have done it," he said. "Honestly, whatever. It is what it is. You know, you reap what you sow. That's what happens. What goes around, comes around. We'll see what happens."

If the injury wasn't so severe, Rivers said he would have done everything possible to be back on the field for the rematch in Pittsburgh on Nov. 20.

"If I was able to — if I didn't go on (injured reserve) — I'd do everything in my will," he said. "Shoot some cortisone in my face and I'll go. Whatever."

Reminded that the AFC North teams play twice a year, so he'll have plenty of chances to face Ward again, Rivers responded, "It's all good."

The Steelers and Bengals have a recent history of season-ending hits that left some enmity. Quarterback Carson Palmer — another first-round pick from USC — got his left knee torn up on a low hit by Kimo von Oelhoffen during a 2005 playoff loss to the Steelers. During his rehabilitation, Palmer said he hated the Steelers, but later softened his remarks.

Rivers was the Bengals' second-leading tackler when he got hurt. Initially, he thought the injury was nothing more than a broken tooth.

"I didn't know I broke my jaw until I got the X-rays and they said it was broken in two places," Rivers said.

Rivers said that Ward hasn't called or sent him a text message. The wide receiver initially celebrated the hit on the field, then showed concern when he realized Rivers was hurt. He gave the linebacker a pat on the back as he walked off the field.

Ward sent a text to Bengals receiver Chad Ocho Cinco after the game, asking him to pass along an apology.

"Hines texted me that night when they got back to Pittsburgh to deliver the message to Keith about him being sorry about the hit," Ocho Cinco said Wednesday. "Again, he was just playing football. He didn't mean to be cheap at all. That's the way Hines has always played the game. He just wanted to send his apology and he was sorry."

Rivers wore a USC stocking cap, a long-sleeve T-shirt and black Bengals shorts on Wednesday. Wires span the top and bottom rows of his teeth, which are clamped tight. He makes an effort to be understood even though he can't move his mouth.

Asked if it hurts to talk, he said, "Sometimes. There are times I don't feel like talking anymore."

Rivers will have the jaw wired for seven more weeks. It will be a couple months beyond that before he can resume a full diet. For now, he's limited to nutrition drinks, shakes and soup. He has already lost 12 pounds.

It's the first time that Rivers has suffered a season-ending injury. A pulled hamstring during his sophomore season at USC was his worst injury to this point.

"I'm just mad," he said. "I've lost a season. Your career is short, and I've already lost one year. It's really depressing and disappointing."

Also check out the Fox News Poll and vote on whether Hines is a dirty player. :laughing:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8733426/Rivers-on-Ward:-'What-goes-around,-comes-around'

HereWeGoSteelers219
10-29-2008, 05:46 PM
I don't really see how he is whining. He never called Hines a dirty player or anything and he said he would've done the same thing.

stillers4me
10-29-2008, 05:50 PM
I don't really see how he is whining. He never called Hines a dirty player or anything and he said he would've done the same thing.

You know, you reap what you sow. That's what happens. What goes around, comes around. We'll see what happens."

If the injury wasn't so severe, Rivers said he would have done everything possible to be back on the field for the rematch in Pittsburgh on Nov. 20.

"If I was able to — if I didn't go on (injured reserve) — I'd do everything in my will," he said. "Shoot some cortisone in my face and I'll go. Whatever."

Reminded that the AFC North teams play twice a year, so he'll have plenty of chances to face Ward again, Rivers responded, "It's all good."

I haven't heard Mendenhall or anyone else on the Steelers pissing and moaning about Mendenhall's lost season.

The Bengals should be worrying about winning a game this season before they start threatening other teams.

klick81
10-29-2008, 06:34 PM
I love it. They haven't even met again, and Hines is already in his head!

These are the intangibles that cannot be measured by statistics, and unfortunately will not be taken into account when it's time for Ward to be voted into the HOF.

NJarhead
10-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Ahh, he didn't say anything. He's bitter about it and ya can't really blame him. He's sitting at home, can't eat real food and will probably lose a lot of weight. It sucks. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Hines did something for him at some point.

Tankus_Maximus
10-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Much like the rest of the Bungles and their fans, he comes across like a little b !tch.

The Patriot
10-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Much like the rest of the Bungles and their fans, he comes across like a little b !tch.

Oh please, you guys rant about karma everytime Wilfork forgets to recycle.

tony hipchest
10-29-2008, 07:48 PM
wilfork and ray lewis are next on hines list...

stillers4me
10-29-2008, 07:57 PM

Somebody is going to pay for taking out Mendenhall.

But you won't hear the Steelers talking about it.

The Patriot
10-29-2008, 07:58 PM

Well, I don't think Wilfork has killed anybody yet so he should be last.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-29-2008, 08:07 PM
He's gonna have a lot of work ahead of him.

He's going to lose tons of weight. Once the wiring comes out, he'll still be on a large liquid foods diet with soft foods that don't require chewing when the jaw is held together by rubber bands.

Instead of working out to get ready for another season, his offseason is going to consist of working out to gain the weight and muscle definition he had back, and then just getting into practice shape.

I don't blame him for being bitter over losing a season. But maybe he should keep his yap shut and just be happy his season was wiped out instead of his career a la David Pollack.

NJarhead
10-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Well, I don't think Wilfork has killed anybody yet so he should be last.

You have to be embarrassed by his BS though. He is a punk. That was evident by his stunt in Week 17 last year when he poked Brandon Jacobs in the eye. He's one of many over paid street punks we have in the NFL.

Edman
10-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Too bad. Mendenhall got his shoulder blown out and has to miss his rookie season too.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Too bad. Mendenhall got his shoulder blown out and has to miss his rookie season too.

And nobody on the Steelers, including Mendenhall himself have publicly bitched and moaned over it, much less called anyone out.

The Patriot
10-29-2008, 08:17 PM
You have to be embarrassed by his BS though. He is a punk. That was evident by his stunt in Week 17 last year when he poked Brandon Jacobs in the eye. He's one of many over paid street punks we have in the NFL.

Yep, and he's on TV making millions of dollars more than you and I probably ever will.

bigben7MVP
10-29-2008, 08:20 PM
I live in Cincinnati and after we beat the Bengals I wore my Hines jersey to school and everyone complained on how he wasa a dirty player and how much they hated him. But today I saw on sportcenter were Chad Johnson commented on the hit on Rivers and Chad said that Hines wasnt a dirty player hes just the most physical wide receiver in the game and he plays likes hes a defender...

So everyone needs to stop complaining about Hines Ward and being a dirty player hes not he just goes all out.

NJarhead
10-29-2008, 08:24 PM
I live in Cincinnati and after we beat the Bengals I wore my Hines jersey to school and everyone complained on how he wasa a dirty player and how much they hated him. But today I saw on sportcenter were Chad Johnson commented on the hit on Rivers and Chad said that Hines wasnt a dirty player hes just the most physical wide receiver in the game and he plays likes hes a defender...

So everyone needs to stop complaining about Hines Ward and being a dirty player hes not he just goes all out.

Yer Preachin' to the choir here bud. Print the article and bring it to school:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08303/923891-100.stm

fansince'76
10-29-2008, 09:31 PM
LOL - I saw the thread title and immediately thought Philip Rivers was the subject. "Hines is the worst WR in the league!" :toofunny:

cowboykilla
10-29-2008, 11:28 PM
:screwy:Oh please, you guys rant about karma everytime Wilfork forgets to recycle.

mesaSteeler
10-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Rivers Looking Forward To Next Game Vs. Steelers
Rookie LB Knocked Out For Season By Broken Jaw
http://www.wlwt.com/sports/17841124/detail.html?rss=cin&psp=news

CINCINNATI -- Speaking out for the first time about the hit that broke his jaw, Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Keith Rivers made it clear Wednesday he's looking forward to his next game against the Pittsburgh Steelers and Hines Ward.

Ward leveled the rookie with a straight-up block on the fourth play of Pittsburgh's 38-10 victory on Nov. 19, leaving Rivers with a broken jaw. Ward wasn't penalized or fined for the block, which came from Rivers' side as he was chasing a ball carrier.

The first-round draft pick from Southern California has his jaw wired shut. He was in the locker room Wednesday and spoke with reporters about the block.

"I mean, I would have done it," he said. "Honestly, whatever. It is what it is. You know, you reap what you sow. That's what happens. What goes around, comes around. We'll see what happens."

"If I was able to if I didn't go on (injured reserve) I'd do everything in my will," he said. "Shoot some cortisone in my face and I'll go. Whatever."

The Steelers and Bengals have a recent history of season-ending hits that left some enmity. Quarterback Carson Palmer another first-round pick from USC got his left knee torn up on a low hit by Kimo von Oelhoffen during a 2005 playoff loss to the Steelers. During his rehabilitation, Palmer said he hated the Steelers, but later softened his remarks.

Rivers was the Bengals' second-leading tackler when he got hurt. Initially, he thought the injury was nothing more than a broken tooth.

"I didn't know I broke my jaw until I got the X-rays and they said it was broken in two places," Rivers said.

Rivers said that Ward hasn't called or sent him a text message. The wide receiver initially celebrated the hit on the field, then showed concern when he realized Rivers was hurt. He gave the linebacker a pat on the back as he walked off the field.

Ward sent a text to Bengals receiver Chad Ocho Cinco after the game, asking him to pass along an apology.

"Hines texted me that night when they got back to Pittsburgh to deliver the message to Keith about him being sorry about the hit," Ocho Cinco said Wednesday. "Again, he was just playing football. He didn't mean to be cheap at all. That's the way Hines has always played the game. He just wanted to send his apology and he was sorry."

Rivers wore a USC stocking cap, a long-sleeve T-shirt and black Bengals shorts on Wednesday. Wires span the top and bottom rows of his teeth, which are clamped tight. He makes an effort to be understood even though he can't move his mouth.

Asked if it hurts to talk, he said, "Sometimes. There are times I don't feel like talking anymore."

Rivers will have the jaw wired for seven more weeks. It will be a couple months beyond that before he can resume a full diet. For now, he's limited to nutrition drinks, shakes and soup. He has already lost 12 pounds.

It's the first time that Rivers has suffered a season-ending injury. A pulled hamstring during his sophomore season at USC was his worst injury to this point.

"I'm just mad," he said. "I've lost a season. Your career is short, and I've already lost one year. It's really depressing and disappointing."

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-29-2008, 11:54 PM
1492 Columbus discovers Bengals suck.

2008 we discover the Bengals drafted a suck.

Suck it up and play football. If you only want to be the guy hitting and not getting hit....they go play golf!!! BTW, take Bart Scott with you too!! He is another candy a$$ that talks big about hitting, but then cries when he gets hit.

DACEB
10-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Ward leveled the rookie with a straight-up block on the fourth play of Pittsburgh's 38-10 victory on Oct. 19, leaving Rivers with a broken jaw. Ward wasn't penalized or fined for the block.

Stop it son, your embarassing yourself!

Tankus_Maximus
10-31-2008, 11:37 AM
I don't recall anybody mentioning anything Wilfork.....did you have a point here? Guess not, must be more Patriot-Karma about their b !tch Brady being out for the year. That Karma is a b !tch, isn't it?

Oh please, you guys rant about karma everytime Wilfork forgets to recycle.

The Patriot
10-31-2008, 01:39 PM
I don't recall anybody mentioning anything Wilfork.....did you have a point here? Guess not, must be more Patriot-Karma about their b !tch Brady being out for the year. That Karma is a b !tch, isn't it?

Yeah, we're 5-2. It's like a watching a train wreck.

xfl2001fan
10-31-2008, 02:14 PM

Unfortunately, he's got a point. They lose their QB but they still have the easiest schedule in the NFL. And who really believes that a guy who has spent his entire tenure at NE circumventing the rules doesn't still have copies of (whether it's video, slide shows or just hand written notes) other teams signals?

For all that Karma is normally a factor, the *'s seem to be able to aovid all of that ruckus.

Tankus_Maximus
10-31-2008, 02:19 PM
True, but that's against the easiest schedule in the league. Perhaps I failed to illuminate the point that your b !tch Brady is gone for the year, and last I heard facing a possible staph infection? yeah....that's the train-wreck you were probably referring to.

The Patriot
10-31-2008, 02:48 PM
True, but that's against the easiest schedule in the league. Perhaps I failed to illuminate the point that your b !tch Brady is gone for the year, and last I heard facing a possible staph infection? yeah....that's the train-wreck you were probably referring to.

:hunch: I haven't heard.

Tankus_Maximus
10-31-2008, 02:53 PM
ahhh...Goodell must've had any information on this eradicated...yet again.

:hunch: I haven't heard.

Tankus_Maximus
10-31-2008, 06:10 PM
Dan The Man in all his glory!!!

Looks like that crosscountry training couldn't save him from an a$$ whoopin!!!

stillers4me
10-31-2008, 07:46 PM
:offtopic:

This is a post about how the Bengals suck, not the Patriots*

Oh what the hell.....the Patriots * suck, too.