PDA

View Full Version : Don't bogart that joint!

Hammer Of The GODS
10-29-2008, 08:50 PM
On the heels of Holmes getting busted with marijuana, and to get away from the presidential saga, I have a question to pose.

If given the chance to vote for the legalization of marijuana would you vote to make it legal or continue with the law as is?

My vote is to make it legal. Put the same rules on it as alcohol.

It is beyond my scope of comprehension that drugs as addicting as alcohol and nicotine are allowed to be not only consumed but are glamorized AND advertised!

To me its a bit hypocritical that a guy can drink until he cant stand up and then show up to work 3 hours later still reeking of beer and disabled by a hangover. Yet Joe pot smoker who smoked 4 joints the night before shows up for work with no after effects can have his whole life turned upside down if hes caught with a roach!

What say you?

fansince'76
10-29-2008, 08:52 PM
I have advocated legalization of marijuana for years for many of the same reasons you just cited.

Steel Duck
10-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Yup I say legalize it, and tax it the same as alcohol and tobacco!

TheWarDen86
10-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Do it now. Where do I sign?

Hammer Of The GODS
10-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Do it now. Where do I sign?

:applaudit:

People who don't smoke or have never smoked would be shocked at how many people would vote to legalize it.

http://next-thing.net/wp-content/grannys_weed_big1.jpg

MasterOfPuppets
10-29-2008, 09:05 PM
my theory on why its NOT legal, is because there's no way the government can control sales. anyone can grow pot, so why buy it? if nobody buys it, how can uncle sam tax it? if uncle sam don't get a piece of the pie.....NOBODY GETS PIE !!!!

tony hipchest
10-29-2008, 09:10 PM
i have to admit, i once smelled some weed wafting through the air at this concert one time (maybe it was skunk, maybe it was northern lights :noidea: or maybe it was just some plain old schwag) and the first thing that came to mind was "that stuff should be legal".

TheWarDen86
10-29-2008, 09:11 PM
:applaudit:

People who don't smoke or have never smoked would be shocked at how many people would vote to legalize it.

http://next-thing.net/wp-content/grannys_weed_big1.jpg

I was actually never a big smoker (only a few times in high school, but once if asked by the recruiter :wink02:). I just don't believe it's worse than booze. In fact, booze is probably worse. Heck, cigarettes too for that matter.

TheWarDen86
10-29-2008, 09:12 PM
i have to admit, i once smelled some weed wafting through the air at this concert one time (maybe it was skunk, maybe it was northern lights :noidea: or maybe it was just some plain old schwag) and the first thing that came to mind was "that stuff should be legal".

:toofunny:

You forgot to finish with, "That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!"

Polamalu Princess
10-29-2008, 09:18 PM
As a person that has had some major illnesses and a former gymnast that has had to date 16 broken bones, I am for the legalization of the natural product. I have been pumped up with narcotics, steroids, antibiotics, etc. – ALL have bad effects on the body that is not good. Maybe weed is bad for those that get addicted, but what about those that could use it and benefit from it from a medicinal purpose? Just my thought’s on the subject.

GBMelBlount
10-29-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm glad they legalized the song Wildwood Weed. I laugh my ass off every time I hear that song. :chuckle:

"The wildwood flower grew wild on the farm,
And we never knowed what it was called.
Some said it was a flower and some said it was weed,
I never gave it much thought ......
One day I was out there talking to my brother,
Reached down for a weed to chew on,
Things got fuzzy and things got blurry,
And then everything was gone!
Didn't know what happened,
But I knew it beat the hell out of sniffin' burlap.

I come to and my brother was there,
And he said, What's wrong with your eyes?
I said, I don't know, I was chewing on a weed.
He said, Let me give it a try.
We spent the rest of that day and most of that night,
Trying to find my brother, Bill.
Caught up with him, 'bout six o'clock the next morning,
Naked, swinging on the wind mill!
He said he flew up there.
I had to fly up there and bring him down,
He was about half crazy .....

The very next day we picked a bunch of them weeds,
And put 'em in the sun to dry.
Then we mashed 'em up and chopped 'em up,
And put 'em in the corncob pipe.
Smokin' that wildwood flower got to be a habit,
We didn't see no harm.
We thought it was kind of handy,
Take a trip and never leave the farm!

All good things gotta come to an end,
And it's the same with the wildwood weed.
One day this feller from Washington came by,
And he spied it and turned white as a sheet.
Then they dug and they burned,
And they burned and they dug,
And they killed all our cute little weeds.
Then they drove away,
We just smiled and waved ..........
Sittin' there on that sack of seeds!

Y'all come back now, hear?"

Jim Stafford

Polamalu Princess
10-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Yup I say legalize it, and tax it the same as alcohol and tobacco!

I agree, but do not TAX something that could help people in the medical situation that so many are in these days.

MACH1
10-29-2008, 09:38 PM
my theory on why its NOT legal, is because there's no way the government can control sales. anyone can grow pot, so why buy it? if nobody buys it, how can uncle sam tax it? if uncle sam don't get a piece of the pie.....NOBODY GETS PIE !!!!

Guess I'll have to put away my home brewing system. :doh: Anybody can make their own beer, wine, moonshine, ect.

I say legalize, sale it and tax it like booze.

MasterOfPuppets
10-29-2008, 09:46 PM
let me guess....then you realized the smell was coming from the hand rolled ciggerette that you'd drug on till your eyes were popping out of your head.....:pde:

MasterOfPuppets
10-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Guess I'll have to put away my home brewing system. :doh: Anybody can make their own beer, wine, moonshine, ect.

I say legalize, sale it and tax it like booze.apples and oranges.....a couple bags of potting soil , a few seeds, and a hydroponic system, occassionally add water........you can have pot for the rest of your life without ever leaving your house. making alchohol requires time, a little effort , and reoccuring exspence for needed material.. .

fugawzi
10-29-2008, 10:34 PM
YES

Legalize that shit!

Leftoverhard
10-29-2008, 10:36 PM
legalize it

MACH1
10-29-2008, 11:17 PM
apples and oranges.....a couple bags of potting soil , a few seeds, and a hydroponic system, occassionally add water........you can have pot for the rest of your life without ever leaving your house. making alchohol requires time, a little effort , and reoccuring exspence for needed material.. .

Start up costs. A new crop or batch is about a wash I think either way, with having to buy what makes em grow and what to brew.

Potting soil, seeds, hydroponics, fertilizer, aren't free. At least I assume.
Make a still and a person can use quite a few things for ingredients. Corn, corn meal, wheat, rye, rice, potatoes, sugar and yeast. A person can grow their own corn and potatoes too.

MasterOfPuppets
10-29-2008, 11:53 PM
Start up costs. A new crop or batch is about a wash I think either way, with having to buy what makes em grow and what to brew.

Potting soil, seeds, hydroponics, fertilizer, aren't free. At least I assume.
Make a still and a person can use quite a few things for ingredients. Corn, corn meal, wheat, rye, rice, potatoes, sugar and yeast. A person can grow their own corn and potatoes too.sure there's start up cost. cost depending on how elaborate ,and large of the crop you intend to grow. one plant can yield up to two pounds of stash a year.....should be enough to keep even the biggest stoner happy for quite a long time. if you don't wanna spend the money on the hydrophonics, you can always plant em outside and let mother nature take care of em. they're a freakin weed, they'll grow almost anywhere..the hydrophonics just speeds up the process, and keeps the deer from eating your crops.....:wink02:

MACH1
10-30-2008, 01:00 AM
I can see it now. Deer that are to stoned to run away or at least stumbling away. :toofunny:

Wonder what they eat when they get the munchies. :chuckle:

GutterflowerSteel
10-30-2008, 03:53 AM
ABSOLUTELY legalize it. It's a friggin' PLANT, for god's sake - as has been stated before, just treat it like alcohol and tax it. Then watch the deficit start to disappear :flap: It's definitely better than alcohol as far as what it does to your body and how it makes you feel afterwards.

MasterOfPuppets
10-30-2008, 07:13 AM
ABSOLUTELY legalize it. It's a friggin' PLANT, for god's sake - as has been stated before, just treat it like alcohol and tax it. Then watch the deficit start to disappear :flap: It's definitely better than alcohol as far as what it does to your body and how it makes you feel afterwards.if everybodys stoned....who's gonna give a shit about the deficit?

X-Terminator
10-30-2008, 07:20 AM
Another vote for legalization here. Maybe instead of serving beer at a football game, give them a joint instead. I'd rather sit around a bunch of potheads singing Kumbaya rather than a bunch of drunks acting stupid :wink02::laughing:

xfl2001fan
10-30-2008, 07:34 AM
As a guy who has never smoked it (I know, hard to believe) I say legalize it. It's non-addictive (at least physically).

Make it so that it's illegal to smoke and drive (that would help clean up Greenhouse gasses) as well as keep gas prices lower because the demand would be down.

stlrtruck
10-30-2008, 08:02 AM
I use to smoke the stuff (shhhh!)
Haven't touched in a while and have no desire to touch it.

But I say legalize it. And for the anyone can grow it comment, anyone can grow tobacco and make alcohol too. But once it becomes a mainstream industry and it's easier to get, most people won't bother growing it themselves.

It could definitely be a source of taxes for the government.

Vis
10-30-2008, 08:17 AM
I use to smoke the stuff (shhhh!)
Haven't touched in a while and have no desire to touch it.

But I say legalize it. And for the anyone can grow it comment, anyone can grow tobacco and make alcohol too. But once it becomes a mainstream industry and it's easier to get, most people won't bother growing it themselves.

It could definitely be a source of taxes for the government.

But I hear it's easy to grow. So if the taxes, or markup for that matter, are too much, growing it will be popular.

But it should be legal. And Georgia Pacific can lump it.

revefsreleets
10-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Legalize it. Tax it if you want, or not...we waste copious amounts of money trying to control this relatively (at least compared to alcohol) harmless "vice"...what a waste.

Hammer Of The GODS
10-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Well well well.

Funny how this site seems to be split on the next prez. But we are all for the legalization of a drug that our government has been demonizing for 50 years!

As it has been said in above posts, its all about the dollar! Taxed or not, the government makes much more money on seizures than it would make on taxing the plant. THATS what its all about, the almighty dollar.

Oh and to address a comment made by Polamalu Princess. Marijuana has an almost endless list of medical applications. As far as becoming addicted, that is just a myth perpetrated by our government. I have been smoking off and on for 20 years. I smoked before I joined the Marines and I quit for the 4 years I was in with NO problem. Since my discharge I have smoked it whenever I feel like it. I got my degree in computer programing while smoking it EVERY day. I would work 10 hours go home get dressed then sit in the school parking lot studying for an exam all the while puffing on a chicken bone! I am not lying when I say that I had the best grade in my class. So don't believe the lies! I haven't used in about a year and guess what, I don't have bugs crawling on my skin and I have NO desire to rob someone to get my fix! It's recreational just as much as alcohol. Only I don't have a headache and puke breath the next day!

Viva the revolution!
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/7136/marijuanarestauranta7chd9.jpg

stlrtruck
10-30-2008, 09:54 AM
if everybodys stoned....who's gonna give a shit about the deficit?

See problem solved :flap:

SunshineMan21
10-30-2008, 07:11 PM
Legalize it . . . the only argument against legalization is political inertia . . . basically the politicians are scared.

Hammer Of The GODS
10-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Legalize it . . . the only argument against legalization is political inertia . . . basically the politicians are scared.

Actually I believe that they are being quite devious about it. They know that their ability to make money from it dramatically decreases if it is legalized! :mad:

T&B fan
10-30-2008, 09:32 PM
apples and oranges.....a couple bags of potting soil , a few seeds, and a hydroponic system, occassionally add water........you can have pot for the rest of your life without ever leaving your house. making alchohol requires time, a little effort , and reoccuring exspence for needed material.. .

all you need is seed ,sun and water it is just a weed it will grow ..

[SIZE="2"]Well well well.

Funny how this site seems to be split on the next prez. But we are all for the legalization of a drug that our government has been demonizing for 50 years!

As it has been said in above posts, its all about the dollar! Taxed or not, the government makes much more money on seizures than it would make on taxing the plant. THATS what its all about, the almighty dollar.

Oh and to address a comment made by Polamalu Princess. Marijuana has an almost endless list of medical applications. As far as becoming addicted, that is just a myth perpetrated by our government. I have been smoking off and on for 20 years. I smoked before I joined the Marines and I quit for the 4 years I was in with NO problem. Since my discharge I have smoked it whenever I feel like it. I got my degree in computer programing while smoking it EVERY day. I would work 10 hours go home get dressed then sit in the school parking lot studying for an exam all the while puffing on a chicken bone! I am not lying when I say that I had the best grade in my class. So don't believe the lies! I haven't used in about a year and guess what, I don't have bugs crawling on my skin and I have NO desire to rob someone to get my fix! It's recreational just as much as alcohol. Only I don't have a headache and puke breath the next day!

Viva the revolution!
you got it ..too many jobs at stack trying to stop it . and way too much $$$ in it .
and don't forget the uses of hemp , ( wicth is not even going to get you high ) but the goverment makes it just as bad ..
have you noticed al the kids sniffing pant cans and beutane .. why ?? cuse thay have no way to test for that , not that it should be ok for kids to do it , but they do drink and we all know that so you know kids are looking for a trip and pot is in your pee for 30 + days . and one more the jails would be 1/2 empty if pot was ok

klick81
10-30-2008, 09:37 PM

Bingo. If it can't be taxed, it won't be legal.

klick81
10-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Another vote for legalization here. Maybe instead of serving beer at a football game, give them a joint instead. I'd rather sit around a bunch of potheads singing Kumbaya rather than a bunch of drunks acting stupid :wink02::laughing:

Think about the concession sales as well!!! :sofunny:

MACH1
10-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Bingo. If it can't be taxed, it won't be legal.

Technically it is taxed. A person has to buy a federal drug stamp before you can sell it. :wink02: Kind of like the stamps on the bottom of smokes.

When they bust a big time drug dealer they usually slap em with tax evasion on top of everything else.

stillers4me
10-30-2008, 10:23 PM
At the very least, legalize it for medicinal use. I've always believed there is a purpose for everything on earth.

GBMelBlount
10-30-2008, 10:24 PM

Dude, did we just score?.....Coooool.

HometownGal
10-31-2008, 08:32 AM
I am definitely for legalizing marijuana. It has some great medicinal purposes and the possession arrests, though many times charged as a misdemeanor, does aid in overcrowding our prisons. Cops could spend their time (when they aren't having their coffee and donuts - LOL!) searching for and arresting people who commit REAL crimes. As some have already stated, the sale of alcohol is legal, so why not pot? :noidea: Put the same penalties on it if one overindulges (like alcohol), tax the living shit out of it (like cigs) and use that tax money to aid in paying for health insurance for children and those who are living in poverty through no fault of their own. :thumbsup:

http://www.freelayouticons.com/gpx/1208587077-in-weed-we-trust.jpg

vasteeler
10-31-2008, 10:30 AM
I am at work right now but I will have more to say on this when I get home:smoker:

Hammer Of The GODS
10-31-2008, 09:53 PM
Sniff....:crying02: Tommy Chong would be so proud of us!

http://www.morrisstudios.com/dpics/dsn2-3-6.gif

pittsburghp8baller
11-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Think about the concession sales as well!!! :sofunny:

I can see it now

"um, can i get a large coke, nachos and a gram of orange crush... oh and the cheese munchies, so i dont have to get back up and come back"

im all for legalization of it, either way its not gonna stop me from smoking.

Hammer67
11-03-2008, 09:56 AM
It should have already been legalized. It is a hypocracy that it hasn't. That's the libertarian in me. See? You can be conservative and still be for legalization! And I don't even smoke the stuff!

Dino 6 Rings
11-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Don't make it legal, but decriminalize the private usage of for anyone over the age of 21.

Make it still illegal to sell or purchase in large quantities, but make it a non-crime to use in the comfort of your own home or in designated areas such as parks or open air events that also allow the smoking of cigarettes.

But legalizing, I'm against making it exactly like alcohol.

You should still be punished if you smoke it and drive, because it does depress your motor skills. It should be illegal within a school zone, because kids shouldn't be around it. Sorry but it stunts their thinking and growth. Both Proven. not too many kids that smoke weed at 12 and all through school make something good out of themselves. Mostly, they turn lazy and end up getting my fries for me when I'm in a rush on my lunch break.

And no matter what, do not start allowing freaking commercials for it, like they do with hard liquor and beer. That's just not something that kids need exposed to. And it should still be illegal to use in the presense of a Minor. If you want to toke up, take a fcking walk and get away from the kids.