PDA

View Full Version : The Terrible Towel!

clevestinks
12-05-2005, 07:28 PM
The last three minutes of yesterdays game was unreal. Heinz Field was alive, fans screaming, whistling and waving the Terrible Towels, if this doesn`t give you chills when you at the game, then you might want to check and see if your really a Steelers fan. Its just to bad we couldnt pull it off on the field. The fans did thier part , thats for sure.

Is there anything like the Terrible Towel? It is our identity on television, you can always tell its a Stillers game. Is there anything comparable. Or our they all imatators and we are innovators?

Prosdo
12-05-2005, 07:32 PM
I remember watching the playoff game vs the Jets on TV. All you could see was yellow towels waving. Looked amazing.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2005, 08:08 PM
There is nothing like the Terrible Towel.. Every other team waving rags, towels, and anything else doesnt even come close to the legendary TT !! :tt:

Its nothing short of amazing to be at Heinz and see all the towels waving at a game. Its breathtaking. I was waving mine around at home too cleve, right with ya'll at that game!!

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 08:09 PM
I was sitting with a guy who was at the Jets game, and he said the same thing. It was ALL terrible towels. But yesterday wasn't a playoff game, and there's still a lot of us old-schoolers who won't bring it out unless it's a playoff game. I "broke the code" yesterday and brought it out, and now I kind of wish I hadn't.

Still, every team has some sorry-assed imitation now, and they will always be a day late and a dollar short.

BB2W
12-05-2005, 08:11 PM
I like this picture from the game honoring Myron Cope...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/bradleystahl/5042962_7_2.jpg

SteelersFever
12-05-2005, 08:17 PM
Do a search for 'Terrible Towel' on Google or Yahoo! and see what is #1. :grin:

BB2W
12-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Do a search for 'Terrible Towel' on Google or Yahoo! and see what is #1. :grin:
Wow Mike, that's great... this place is really on the rise. :cool:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2005, 03:03 AM
Hell yeah... we rock !!!

http://media.iopaperless.com/s/MediaContent/2004/10/26/05/04_Fans_Small_46611.jpg

SteelCityMan786
12-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Our Fans Are The NFL's Best And If Not This Year, Next Year WE DESRVE THE SUPER BOWL BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR TOO LONG! The Steelers Are Gonna Be Back At The Super Bowl if not this year, next year.

tony hipchest
12-06-2005, 07:16 PM
its threads like these, countless fans showing undying support and packing the oppositions houses, etc. that make so many other teams fans hate the steelers. at a time when most teams fans would be down the steeler pride beams the brightest. the other fans hate the fact that our pride cannot be shaken. and the love for the team is constant.

tony hipchest
12-06-2005, 07:17 PM
and the times when our team is not the best our fanbase still is.

clevestinks
12-06-2005, 07:28 PM
Most other fans are jealous. The Steelers are usually a damn good team. And no matter how bad things get, we are the most loyal fans in the world. No team can argue that.

I would like to congratulate each of you Steelers fans. You make me proud to be a Steelers fan for life.

Koopa
12-06-2005, 07:48 PM
i sure hope our fanbase stays strong if we don't get in the playoffs cause i don't want this forum to be basically 5 or 6 of us posting on the reg

jtdapit
12-07-2005, 12:33 PM
I remember watching the playoff game vs the Jets on TV. All you could see was yellow towels waving. Looked amazing. i was there. it WAS amazing evrytime i think of it i get chills.

fergusonat
12-07-2005, 12:45 PM
The Terrible Towel is a legendary invention, and undoubtedly no wanna-be bit of cloth is swung with the same passion as Steeler fans swing the invincible Terrible Towel. Steeler fans are the best fans around...period. No other team in the NFL can say that their fans can be heard plain as day in away games. All this crap about how Bengals fans deserve a title because of how sucky their team has been for so many years makes me sick. How many Bengals jerseys did you see when they sucked? None. Steelers fans are with their team to the end.

jtdapit
12-07-2005, 12:48 PM
i agree and it makes me sick all those wannabe towels, like the colts dish cloth! thankyou myron cope for setting the originality for the steelers!

Steel - X
12-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Its good at games.

http://slam.canoe.ca/97NFLPlayoffsGalleryImages/jan3_3.jpg

Its good on the field.

http://www.kosmo.com/blogs/TimsBlog/images/HynesWardTerribleTowel.jpg

Its good for clothing..

http://home.earthlink.net/~steelerjz/images/Terrible_Shar.jpg

Its good at Weddings

http://sandcat.nl/~marc/blog/uploads/terrible_wedding.jpg

IT IS THE:
http://www.steelvalleymarchingband.com/graphics/t-t.jpg

jtdapit
12-07-2005, 12:51 PM
vows, cake, and the terrible towel! hell yeah

clevestinks
12-07-2005, 02:04 PM
In cleveland they have the Crying Towel.LOL

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2005, 06:35 PM
I used a small terrible towel to wipe the tears at my wedding to crunchie 5 years ago.. classic moment, everybody started laughing and clapping !! it was awesome !!

It's something for the ages and timeless !!!

clevestinks
12-07-2005, 07:51 PM
I used a small terrible towel to wipe the tears at my wedding to crunchie 5 years ago.. classic moment, everybody started laughing and clapping !! it was awesome !!

It's something for the ages and timeless !!!
We didnt use a Terrible Towel, but we always play the Steelers polka at all our wedding in our family. ANd could give to s%#ts what the new in law think!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Damn right cleve !!!

clevestinks
12-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Blitz were they tears of joy? LOL

I sure hope so!

BB2W
12-08-2005, 12:46 AM
:laughing: Check out this guy...

http://www.bobborden.com/diary/images/terriblebob.jpg

figg
12-08-2005, 01:13 AM
FYI TJ Douchebagzatta disgraced the terrible towl on Sunday. The Steelers were the game of the week on NFL Net. After he scored the game tying TD he was on the sideline taunting the fans and asking them to give him their towl so he could clean his shoes. After the game he took the towl laid on the ground and cleaned his shoe :mad:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2005, 02:01 AM
Yeah he's a ratbastard ***** !! F' him, and Chad Johnson!!! I can see the Chargers doing similar things to our beloved TT after they beat us in the 1994 championship game for super bowl berth against the 49ers.

:banging: :ouch: :screwy: :argue: :ak47: :dualies: :mad: :upyours: :countdown

BB2W
12-08-2005, 01:00 PM
:chuckle: pretty cool wife!!!...

fergusonat
12-08-2005, 01:26 PM
See, I think that's just bad sportsmanship...it's ok to have fun and make fun of another team, but when you openly defile a Terrible Towel, well that's just plain wrong :upyours:

Sharkissle29
12-09-2005, 12:10 AM
I remember watching the playoff game vs the Jets on TV. All you could see was yellow towels waving. Looked amazing.
i got chills seeing that. if only we had something called homefield advantage. thats something we need back......

clevestinks
12-09-2005, 05:04 PM
I think we made a damn good case for the Terrible Towel here. Three cheers for the Terible Towel.

SteelerFanInCA
12-09-2005, 06:25 PM
FYI TJ Douchebagzatta disgraced the terrible towl on Sunday. The Steelers were the game of the week on NFL Net. After he scored the game tying TD he was on the sideline taunting the fans and asking them to give him their towl so he could clean his shoes. After the game he took the towl laid on the ground and cleaned his shoe :mad:
I hope we get another chance in the play-offs to crack that fool upside his head. Douchebagzatta will pay either this year or next. Things like this aren't easily forgotten.

clevestinks
12-09-2005, 07:34 PM
We need this game this week badly, so get thoses towels in the air Sunday!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2005, 07:37 PM
shows what a classless guy he really is... the list is long and distinguished of those that have disgraced the towel and have gotten theirs... join the club assmunch, ur next !