PDA

View Full Version : tale of the shocking sign

devilsdancefloor
10-30-2008, 07:56 PM
http://http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_shocking_sign

fugawzi
10-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Appears to be a broken link. Won't open for me.

TheWarDen86
10-30-2008, 08:33 PM
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. Shawn Turschak of Chapel Hill was tired of someone stealing McCain-Palin campaign signs from his yard. Turschak, with a degree in electrical engineering, hooked up a third sign to a power source for an electric pet fence Monday and also put up a surveillance camera.

The News & Observer of Raleigh reported that a 9-year-old boy with an Obama-Biden sign grabbed the McCain-Palin sign and got a jolt on Tuesday.

The boy's father, Andrew Noble, upset that his son had been shocked, showed up at Turschak's door. Soon an Orange County sheriff's deputy also showed up at the Turschak's home.

Noble said his son just wanted to see how the sign was put together. Turschak said the boy intended to swap out the signs.

Sheriff Lindy Pendergrass said he doesn't plan to file charges.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081030/ap_on_fe_st/odd_shocking_sign_1

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Excellent! The best part is in bold.

Steel Duck
10-30-2008, 08:47 PM
HAHAHA Good for him!!!! :applaudit:

GBMelBlount
10-30-2008, 08:54 PM
My neighbor put up an Obama sign out the other day. I was so surprised as I drove by that I didn't even notice their newspaper in the road until after I "accidentally" ran over it, putting a huge crease and tire marks on it.... :chuckle:

TheWarDen86
10-30-2008, 09:20 PM
My neighbor put up an Obama sign out the other day. I was so surprised as I drove by that I didn't even notice their newspaper in the road until after I "accidentally" ran over it, putting a huge crease and tire marks on it.... :chuckle:

Bummer. You should really appologize. I know it's tough with everyone being in a hurry these days. Just make a point of taking the time to sit down and write "I'm sorry" on a brick and then toss it through thier ****ing window. :chuckle:

fansince'76
10-30-2008, 09:30 PM
The boy's father, Andrew Noble, upset that his son had been shocked, showed up at Turschak's door. Soon an Orange County sheriff's deputy also showed up at the Turschak's home.

Noble said his son just wanted to see how the sign was put together.

Always nice to hear of a kid being raised right. The kid steals from a neighbor's yard, winds up getting his just desserts for it, and then the dipshit of a "father" sics the cops on the neighbor his kid was stealing from? Yep, sounds about par for the course in the "Age of Zero Accountability for One's Own Actions." :coffee:

TheWarDen86
10-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Always nice to hear of a kid being raised right. The kid steals from a neighbor's yard, winds up getting his just desserts for it, and then the dipshit of a "father" sics the cops on the neighbor his kid was stealing from? Yep, sounds about par for the course in the "Age of Zero Accountability for One's Own Actions." :coffee:

I'm surprised it was North Carolina actually. That sounds like something a N.J. Parent would do. The one difference is that the Libs here would want Mr. Turschak thrown in jail for the rest of his natural born life.

fansince'76
10-30-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm surprised it was North Carolina actually. That sounds like something a N.J. Parent would do. The one difference is that the Libs here would want Mr. Turschak thrown in jail for the rest of his natural born life.

If it were my kid, I'd have told him "Serves you right for stealing," then I would have whipped his ass. But that's just me, I guess.

TheWarDen86
10-30-2008, 09:38 PM
If it were my kid, I'd have told him "Serves you right for stealing," then I would have whipped his ass. But that's just me, I guess.

Dad?