PDA

View Full Version : This forum will feel like it died....

xfl2001fan
10-31-2008, 02:00 PM
Once the political bullcrap is all over. LOL

There might actually be a lot more football talk going on, which is just plain scary. Or we might discuss real events happening, not what mindless twisting of words a couple of politicians are playing.

I'm just saying.

I'm getting a Wii for Christmas (it's an A.D.H.D. moment.)

Vis
10-31-2008, 02:13 PM
We can switch to religion

Steel Duck
10-31-2008, 03:01 PM

ummmm NO!!! lol:flap:

stlrtruck
10-31-2008, 03:19 PM

That might cause more of a heated debate than politics. But then again I guess it's the two no-no's in discussions - politicians and Jesus Christ.

Vis
10-31-2008, 03:33 PM
Then we're stuck with sex

Preacher
10-31-2008, 03:58 PM
Actually, the "religion" debates have been aired out pretty well around here, least for a while.

Guess there is always the newbies though! :chuckle:

HometownGal
10-31-2008, 04:07 PM
Actually, I think going back to talking sports and Steelers football would be pure HEAVEN!!!! :applaudit::drink:

This particular forum has basically died from all of the political mumbo jumbo over recent months - people who don't want to engage in political discussions don't even post threads in here much anymore because the Obama this and McCain that threads have suffocated the other threads. Hopefully, we can go back to some normalcy around here a week or so after the election.

tony hipchest
10-31-2008, 07:04 PM
HA! this is beautiful! xflBrOwniefan cant wait to see us great steelerfans get back to rooting for our beloved team for yet another SB run late in january :flap:

this election is probably the most historic one in our nations history and i feel it deserves all the attention it is getting. no matter what, a black man or a woman will be in the white house. this is groundbreaking for your young country that has politically been dominated by white males.

and fret not....

as soon as it is over i will be bumping the olympic javelin thrower thread :naughty:

silver & black
10-31-2008, 07:21 PM
Actually, I think going back to talking sports and Steelers football would be pure HEAVEN!!!! :applaudit::drink:

This particular forum has basically died from all of the political mumbo jumbo over recent months - people who don't want to engage in political discussions don't even post threads in here much anymore because the Obama this and McCain that threads have suffocated the other threads. Hopefully, we can go back to some normalcy around here a week or so after the election.

I don't post in the political threads because I feel it's a recipe for disaster.

I have to commend everyone that posts in these threads for keeping it civil... most forums I go to have serious problems with it. My Raiders forum does not allow political or religeous discussions. Most of us on my forum can keep it real... but the few that can't, have spoiled it.

I like most of you on here... and I'd like to keep it that way :thumbsup:... so, with the exception of the odd comment, I will stear clear of the political talk. I do enjoy reading everyone's opinions though. :thumbsup:

revefsreleets
11-01-2008, 03:34 PM
I peeked into the Steelers Football forum once, and saw some idiotic thread titled something like (and I may be exaggerating JUST a tad here for effect, but...) "Big Ben Must Go" and I backed right outta that mutha.

I can't stomach that forum after a loss. Talk about extremes! We win a game, and all of a sudden we're going 18-1 and winning the SB. We lose a close game to the world champions with half our team injured, and we might as well sell the team to LA.

We can still talk politics for at least 6-8 months. There will be transition things, cabinet selections and vetting, W's lame duck time, and the 1st hundred days which could be REAL interesting if we have a liberal President, house and senate.

There'll be plenty to discuss...

tony hipchest
11-01-2008, 04:24 PM
We can still talk politics for at least 6-8 months. There will be transition things, cabinet selections and vetting, W's lame duck time, and the 1st hundred days which could be REAL interesting if we have a liberal President, house and senate.

There'll be plenty to discuss...i still need to re-bump the metallica thread. that album keeps getting better and better. and my daughter is absolutely on fire in soccer when i blast it on the way to her games. (7,8,7,6 goals when we rocked it and 0 last weekend when the "loud devil music" was giving my "better half" a headache on the way last weekend).

aint nothing sweeter than a 5 year old girl headbanging and requesting "judas kiss" on the way, before we even step into the ride! :guitar:

metallica = energy. (the hypothesis has been tried, tested, and proven). :tt03:

revefsreleets
11-01-2008, 04:29 PM
I think "All Nightmare Long" is my new favorite song. I was always more partial to the less heavy, more complex songs.

Agree on the energy thing. This morning, nursing a wicked hangover and no sleep, I took my dog up to the park at an insanely early hour for a run. A cup of coffee and some "Death Magnetic" on the ole mp3 player got me moving from a walk to full on running.

tony hipchest
11-01-2008, 05:21 PM
I think "All Nightmare Long" is my new favorite song. I was always more partial to the less heavy, more complex songs.

Agree on the energy thing. This morning, nursing a wicked hangover and no sleep, I took my dog up to the park at an insanely early hour for a run. A cup of coffee and some "Death Magnetic" on the ole mp3 player got me moving from a walk to full on running.gun to my head "all nightmare long" is probably my favorite. my top 3 are probably sill that, "judas kiss" and "my apocalypse". of course those are the 3 hardest.

i think "the day that never comes" has moved into my top 4. (and that is one i would consider a "slow song" on the album.) hammet freaking destroys the lead..... :jawdrop:

he is to guitar, what troy polamalu is to the safety position... ONLY BETTER! they take the best of everything from all their predacessors (at their "position") and bring it all together in the present.

its been a while but i'm gonna have to break out some satriani to see if what i am hearing is true. kirk has reached the peak and his craft is trully mastered. he could easilly go solo (like santana, hendrix, vai, satriani) and could easilly upgrade andy thrash/ heavy metal band out there. (not that i needed this album to verify that, but it most certainly hammered the point home).

im still too old, nostalgic, resistant to say this could be one of the best metallica albums ever, but i definitely havent shut the door...

unfortunately they already came to albq on oct 8 i think (thursday). thats just a rough 240 mile trip (one way) to make on a work night and i had to miss it. :banging:

revefsreleets
11-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Yup, I initially hated "The Day That Never Comes" (well, hate is a strong word, but I wasn't in love with it).

Like most really good classic albums that truly stand the test of time, this wasn't super accessible at first, but it gets better with every listen.

Did I just call it a classic?

Hines0wnz
11-04-2008, 01:01 PM
So tomorrow there will be a mass revival of older threads? :flap:

tony hipchest
03-12-2009, 06:50 PM
good call, xfl... :noidea:

HA! this is beautiful! xflBrOwniefan cant wait to see us great steelerfans get back to rooting for our beloved team for yet another SB run late in january :flap:

this election is probably the most historic one in our nations history and i feel it deserves all the attention it is getting. no matter what, a black man or a woman will be in the white house. this is groundbreaking for your young country that has politically been dominated by white males.

and fret not....

as soon as it is over i will be bumping the olympic javelin thrower thread :naughty:

:doh: i knew i been forgetting something :naughty: and i knew i made several predictions of our sb run in these political threads (i try to stay away from actual predictions so early in the steelers forum as it may be bad luck). :drink: to me.

So tomorrow there will be a mass revival of older threads? :flap: give it a few days (or months). :chuckle:

NJarhead
03-12-2009, 07:38 PM

:rofl:

I like your sense of humor. :chuckle: :drink:

Dino 6 Rings
03-12-2009, 07:39 PM
A Couple of us have a really good Zombie thread going...so um...that's something...

tony hipchest
03-12-2009, 08:01 PM
A Couple of us have a really good Zombie thread going...so um...that's something...hmmmm....

havent even noticed it (which is why i suggested creating a political subforum before the election when so many people were bitching about all the political threads).

of course that was when the majority here saw that it was all going downhill for their guy and it was obvious he was going to lose.

so funny.

i was for it either way.... :noidea: ....before or after the election. my guy win or lose. no since in being a hypocrite about it, right?

Dino 6 Rings
03-12-2009, 08:04 PM
hmmmm....

havent even noticed it (which is why i suggested creating a political subforum before the election when so many people were bitching about all the political threads).

of course that was when the majority here saw that it was all going downhill for their guy and it was obvious he was going to lose.

so funny.

i was for it either way.... :noidea: ....before or after the election. my guy win or lose. no since in being a hypocrite about it, right?

It started with the Zombie Capital thread about Pittsburgh being the Zombie Capital of the world...it took on a life of its own from there...could say it keeps Rising from the Dead too!

tony hipchest
03-12-2009, 08:29 PM
It started with the Zombie Capital thread about Pittsburgh being the Zombie Capital of the world...it took on a life of its own from there...could say it keeps Rising from the Dead too!actually i did notice it :wink02: (had to sift through lots of bitterness though).

all i can say is if and when it happens i want bruce "ash" campbell by my side.

NJarhead
03-12-2009, 08:33 PM
I attempted to start the "emergency thread" about Metallica (again), but it's not recieving any love. :noidea: Oh well. I tried.

It's all the lefts fault. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
03-12-2009, 08:51 PM
I attempted to start the "emergency thread" about Metallica (again), but it's not recieving any love. :noidea: Oh well. I tried.

It's all the lefts fault. :chuckle:i read it. i got the notice. (i re-upped my subscription to sirius for another 2 years just yesterday)

had to lock in that free internet listening! :tt03:

NJarhead
03-12-2009, 08:52 PM
i read it. i got the notice. (i re-upped my subscription to sirius for another 2 years just yesterday)

had to lock in that free internet listening! :tt03:

I have it written on my calendar, but $5.00 says I still forget to tune in tomorrow. :chuckle:

revefsreleets
03-13-2009, 02:50 PM
I've been posting on Steelers Message boards since the mid-90's, and I guarantee you one thing:

The political threads NEVER die.

Dino 6 Rings
03-13-2009, 08:05 PM
actually i did notice it :wink02: (had to sift through lots of bitterness though).

all i can say is if and when it happens i want bruce "ash" campbell by my side.

I'll take Milla Jovovich...not only is she a bad ass smoking hot chick, but she's Serbian to boot...and I'm a fan of the Vich...

SteelShooter
03-14-2009, 01:11 AM
*Yawn*

DoubleSh0t
03-16-2009, 12:42 PM

I really wish there was a religion and politics subforum. Politics don't interest everyone so it would be nice if the R&P stuff was in its own place and this forum was cleaned up a little bit.

Godfather
03-16-2009, 12:46 PM
I'm surprised we don't see more movie/TV/ music-related threads on here.

tony hipchest
03-16-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm surprised we don't see more movie/TV/ music-related threads on here.and chupacabra threads....

oh theres quite a few of them. they just get quickly lost in the shuffle of the daily slate of "obama did this" threads.