PDA

View Full Version : Recount...

Steel Duck
10-31-2008, 06:01 PM
I just got done watching the movie Recount for the 2nd time..and I'm pissed off all over again......

I STILL don't understand why since this all happened, voting is still NOT standardized! What are your thoughts on this? Do you fear it may happen again?

cubanstogie
10-31-2008, 06:09 PM
I just got done watching the movie Recount for the 2nd time..and I'm pissed off all over again......

I STILL don't understand why since this all happened, voting is still NOT standardized! What are your thoughts on this? Do you fear it may happen again?

only fear I have is the farthest left liberal on earth in the White House next year. A gay wedding chapel on every corner along with 24 hour abortion clinics, xmas cancelled, amnesty to all illegals who broke the law in coming here, waiting months to see a Doctor, not to mention in increase in Terrorism in this country. Hell a terrorist may even be in his cabinet, I won't go that far but they sure will be at his dinner table or in church with him. And you are worried about a recount.

Steel Duck
10-31-2008, 06:28 PM
Well...aren't you just a ray of sunshine.......:doh:

GutterflowerSteel
10-31-2008, 06:41 PM
lmao :sun:

Leftoverhard
10-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Stogie, you sure are making yourself an easy target . Girlfriend! Terrorist in his cabinet! Ha, how about in his closet? God, you're cracking me up. Happy Halloween sunshine.

Steel Duck
10-31-2008, 07:05 PM
Stogie, you sure are making yourself an easy target . Girlfriend! Terrorist in his cabinet! Ha, how about in his closet? God, you're cracking me up. Happy Halloween sunshine.

HAHAHA:rofl:

cubanstogie
10-31-2008, 07:14 PM

yes I am going a little overboard. I have been under the weather watching fox news a lot and I am venting on the libs on this site. I don't think the sky will fall if Obama wins, I just don't understand hatred toward Palin when people Obama associates with seem to be the big haters. My life will not change, it saddens me to see tradition leaving this country though. I grew up saying pledge of allegiance, going on christmas break, actually saying merry christmas to people, with very low fear of crime, I could go on but won't stroll down memory lane anymore for your sake, I see this country losing values and don't think Obama and Pelosi or Reid will do anything about it. We need to be tough on crimes, illegals, and terrorism and reward people who contribute not give handouts.

devilsdancefloor
10-31-2008, 07:42 PM
i just think it is funny when a democrat wins you hear voter fraud is down and if a republican wins well it is up! i just dont understand cause around here the dems have gotten in trouble for dead folks voting. So i am a bit skeptical about the whole process anymore. it seems both sides of the isle have forgotten for the most part about WE THE PEOPLE.and for the most part all i hear is how BAD america is when it is the opposite. If we where the bad place i keep hearing about no one would want to come to this country. we do have our fair share of problems for sure ,But compare tht to where ever you would like and america will still come out of top. i have lived in europe and both my parents are immigrants so i might have a different out look on this. I would like JUST once to hear a democrat get up and point out how great our country is! but they do not focus on that they focus on the bad and that is what all the evening news run with bad bad bad america! it is sad, but we all have our opinions and the main that stands out is STEELERS ROCK! :tt::tt::tt::tt::drink:and that is what i have noticed around here on the forums it would seem there are people from both sides of the isle and we all have a good discussion i havent seen any get out of hand which is nice to see. have a great helloween!!!!

MACH1
10-31-2008, 08:28 PM

Already has.....Two words - Acorn, Ohio.

Steel Duck
10-31-2008, 08:40 PM
Already has.....Two words - Acorn, Ohio.

Unfortunately some voter fraud happens in every election..I just don't know what anyone can do to put a stop to it.
My concern is making sure that legitiment votes are counted...ALL OF THEM. Why is it so damn hard to standardize voting? Make sure everyone in this country is voting using the same methods...the same counting processes..and all following the same rules???? I don't think it's too much to ask for.
All of my attempts to contact and email my local legislators on this issue have been snubbed.

BTW I LOVE your sig

GBMelBlount
10-31-2008, 08:44 PM
My life will not change, it saddens me to see tradition leaving this country though. I grew up saying pledge of allegiance, going on christmas break, actually saying merry christmas to people, with very low fear of crime, I could go on but won't stroll down memory lane anymore for your sake, I see this country losing values and don't think Obama and Pelosi or Reid will do anything about it. We need to be tough on crimes, illegals, and terrorism and reward people who contribute not give handouts.

I agree, things have really changed. I mean when I was a kid I had to walk to and from school every day and it was up hill both ways!

But seriously, I kinda feel the same way Stogie....

MACH1
10-31-2008, 08:50 PM
BTW I LOVE your sig

Thanks.

It'd be nice if they would do something about it. But I doubt it will ever happen.

HometownGal
10-31-2008, 08:53 PM

Hey Duck - whether you agree or disagree with cuban's thoughts here, his opinion is just that - an opinion. Doesn't make what he said right or wrong, but nonetheless, he is entitled to state it. We've let a lot go during this election (more than we really should have) on both sides of the fence and we will continue to do so as long as everyone involved in this political drama remains respectful in their retorts. Thanks.

Steel Duck
10-31-2008, 09:05 PM
Hey Duck - whether you agree or disagree with cuban's thoughts here, his opinion is just that - an opinion. Doesn't make what he said right or wrong, but nonetheless, he is entitled to state it. We've let a lot go during this election (more than we really should have) on both sides of the fence and we will continue to do so as long as everyone involved in this political drama remains respectful in their retorts. Thanks.

I'm confused:noidea:

HometownGal
10-31-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm confused:noidea:

I'd have to agree - you're an Obama supporter. :chuckle::wink02::flap:

I felt your response to cuban's post, with accompanying :doh: smiley, was a little snarky, that's all.

Steel Duck
10-31-2008, 09:20 PM
I'd have to agree - you're an Obama supporter. :chuckle::wink02::flap:

I felt your response to cuban's post, with accompanying :doh: smiley, was a little snarky, that's all.

And that wasn't snarky?
I thought my comment was sarcastic...not snarky..but then that's just semantics

cubanstogie
10-31-2008, 10:18 PM

No worries here HTG, thanks though. What I do find interesting is I stated things that libs stand for such as abortion, amnesty to illegals, gay marriage, shutting down xmas( ok more of a secular thing but you still have to be politcally correct in schools and cant say xmas,) and they come back with sarcasm. Its the way they want it not me. That is the irony of it all.

HometownGal
11-01-2008, 07:52 AM
And that wasn't snarky?
I thought my comment was sarcastic...not snarky..but then that's just semantics

No - it wasn't snarky. Note the smileys after the first sentence. Most people post smileys to add a little emphasis to their post and using the :doh: smiley after your post to cuban came across to me as being a little snarky, that's all. You obviously didn't like what cuban posted and that's A-OK - how boring this board would be if we all agreed on everything all the time. :drink: I just think your disagreement with regard to his post could have been handled a little more respectfully. I realize you are new to posting and just wanted to make sure you were aware of the little we ask of our members here when posting.

Steel Duck
11-01-2008, 08:03 AM
No - it wasn't snarky. Note the smileys after the first sentence. Most people post smileys to add a little emphasis to their post and using the :doh: smiley after your post to cuban came across to me as being a little snarky, that's all. You obviously didn't like what cuban posted and that's A-OK - how boring this board would be if we all agreed on everything all the time. :drink: I just think your disagreement with regard to his post could have been handled a little more respectfully. I realize you are new to posting and just wanted to make sure you were aware of the little we ask of our members here when posting.

Got it:thumbsup:

Leftoverhard
11-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Staying on topic, I just watched the movie Recount 2 days ago and I feel the same way Duck.

Steel Duck
11-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Staying on topic, I just watched the movie Recount 2 days ago and I feel the same way Duck.

I am glad someone is as disgusted as I am...Good for you for speaking up!!! :applaudit:

revefsreleets
11-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Voting isn't standardized because the government is in charge of it. If you want something FUBAR, let the government handle it. Federal down to townships, government is almost always a model of inefficiency.

augustashark
11-02-2008, 01:28 AM
I am glad someone is as disgusted as I am...Good for you for speaking up!!! :applaudit:

Let's face it, you two ladies are still upset that Gore lost.

Preacher
11-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Unfortunately some voter fraud happens in every election..I just don't know what anyone can do to put a stop to it.
My concern is making sure that legitiment votes are counted...ALL OF THEM. Why is it so damn hard to standardize voting? Make sure everyone in this country is voting using the same methods...the same counting processes..and all following the same rules???? I don't think it's too much to ask for.
All of my attempts to contact and email my local legislators on this issue have been snubbed.

BTW I LOVE your sig

Actually...

If you want to standardize (and regulate) voting... the first step is to make all voters present ID cards at voting. That way, you can GUARANTEE legitimate votes.

Sadly, presenting ID cards to vote has been opposed by democrats as a kind of poll tax or something.

Until 1 vote, 1 LIVE person, 1 TIME is established... who really cares about the actual voting and counting procedures.

-- Do I blame all voting irregularities on democrats? Absolutely not. However, ID cards is the first, GLARING issue.

TroysBadDawg
11-02-2008, 02:54 AM
In Little Troy Ohio they have uncovered 80 fraudulent ballots early ballots thus far. These were supposed to be absentee ballots that were mailed but never got to the addressee. They were filled out and returned, but the persons who they were mailed to complained saying they never received them. Upon examination the ballots all had the same handwriting, but the never signed the outside of the envelope, thus nullifying them and almost costing a registered voter their vote. Oh yes ... all were votes for Obama.

Preacher
11-02-2008, 10:07 AM
In Little Troy Ohio they have uncovered 80 fraudulent ballots early ballots thus far. These were supposed to be absentee ballots that were mailed but never got to the addressee. They were filled out and returned, but the persons who they were mailed to complained saying they never received them. Upon examination the ballots all had the same handwriting, but the never signed the outside of the envelope, thus nullifying them and almost costing a registered voter their vote. Oh yes ... all were votes for Obama.

I voted absentee this year.

However,

I think that regardless of HOW you vote, you should have to show up to a polling place to hand in your ballot... AND SHOW ID.

even if you hand it in a week early.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-03-2008, 07:48 AM

By "standardized"....do you mean throwing out the votes of our brave military men and women as Gore did?

Or are you conveniently forgetting that Gore sent out a memo that the press got a hold off that explained in DETAIL his strategy to invalidate the votes of America’s servicemen and women .....The memo outlined the steps Gore’s lawyers were to take in challenging absentee military ballots????...ring a bell???

Steel Duck
11-04-2008, 02:39 AM
The memo outlined the steps Gore’s lawyers were to take in challenging absentee military ballots????...ring a bell???

You mean challenging those absentee ballots that were not post marked...signed....dated or witnessed? These were the ONLY absentee ballots Gores lawyers challenged, and rightfully so.

steelwall
11-04-2008, 04:02 AM
Gore lost...please.... is this even worthy of debate? Maybe we can build a time machine and have a recount so Gore could win...... geez

Preacher
11-04-2008, 04:53 AM
You mean challenging those absentee ballots that were not post marked...signed....dated or witnessed? These were the ONLY absentee ballots Gores lawyers challenged, and rightfully so.

Actually, they were signed, dated, and witnessed. They were NOT postmarked, because when mail was sent through the military, it was NEVER postmarked.

the 1986 Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act makes it a national law that military personal do not have to have a postmark. Since dating is the same issue, it too falls under the UOCAVA.

So no, the votes were not rightfully challenged. However, all roads point to Al Gore stopping the challenge.

Good for him.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-04-2008, 05:16 AM

The movie "recount is revisionist history....If you recall...Gore had made a point in saying that "EVERY VOTE MUST COUNT!"

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. Al Gore told the nation Monday night that he was not quitting his legal battle for the White House, explaining why he filed a lawsuit challenging the certification of Florida's votes and George W. Bush's claim to victory.

"Let the people have their say, and let us listen," Gore said, speaking from the vice presidential residence in Washington.

"Ignoring votes means ignoring democracy itself. And if we ignore the votes of thousands in Florida in this election, how can you or any American have confidence that your votes will not be ignored in a future election? That is all we have asked since Election Day. A complete count of all the votes cast in Florida."
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-4569722.html

Then when he saw that the military vote could lean heavily in Bush's favor ...his attorneys wrote a 5 page memo (the Herron Memo) detailing how military votes could be thrown out.

Herron distributed what obviously was intended to be a confidential memo to Gore's lawyers, to give them reasons to challenge the ballots.... But one of the attorneys that they hired locally to do that... sent it to the county attorney of Santa Rosa so he would know what points they were going to make at the canvassing board meeting.

After having determined that the memo was a public record by virtue of having been sent to to this lawyer in his capacity as county attorney.... The Repuplican attorney carefully read what he realized was a memo instructed Democrat lawyers to make "pettifogging objections” to military ballots, especially those not postmarked.

EVEN THE DEMOCRATS were appalled by this memo.....(including the VP candidate at the time...Joe Lieberman!!!!)

...In response to this firestorm (one-time Clinton adviser David Gergen, interviewed on Larry King, reportedly called it a possibly fatal error by Gore), vice presidential candidate Joseph Lieberman called for a review of the policy in favor of the military absentee voters.

And Florida Attorney General Bob Butterworth, a supporter of Vice President Al Gore and Democratic elector, has now advised counties that they "should count" overseas ballots, even if they bear no postmarks.

"No man or woman in military service to this nation should have his or her vote rejected solely due to the absence of a postmark,'' Butterworth said in a letter to the state's 67 counties, according to the Associated Press
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=15612

BritishSteel
11-04-2008, 05:31 AM
only fear I have is the farthest left liberal on earth in the White House next year.

Ha ha ha - you're kidding, right?

You need to look beyond the Ocean - Obama would be considered conservative in the UK.

Leftoverhard
11-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Let's face it, you two ladies are still upset that Gore lost.

Hey Shark - Calling a male a lady as a "burn" is pretty outdated and lame. What are you, a 70's high school football coach?

tony hipchest
11-04-2008, 11:16 AM
:chuckle:

Jumpinthe shark "strikes" again.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-04-2008, 11:19 AM
GO STEELERS!!!