PDA

View Full Version : Sofa lifter gets big NFL job

tony hipchest
11-01-2008, 01:11 PM
this was the headline article on yahoo homepage. :chuckle: BIG NEWS!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelers-newsnapper&prov=ap&type=lgns

Former sofa lifter now Steelers long snapper

PITTSBURGH (AP)—To think that a couple of weeks ago, Jared Retkofsky was excited about getting a pay raise from $12 to $15 per hour at the Fort Worth moving company where he was working.

One phone call from the Steelers changed all that, and Retkofsky now finds himself manning the often-overlooked role of long snapper—a week after the job’s importance became evident when an errant snap may have cost Pittsburgh a game.

Rather than hefting sofas, Retkofsky now must loft the football gently into Mitch Berger’s hands on a punt, an extra point or field goal. Berger also serves as the Steelers’ holder.

Retkofsky was moving on from football, working for the moving company while exploring other careers, such as police work—and then the Steelers called.

good for him and hopefully good for us :tt02:

The Duke
11-01-2008, 03:38 PM
lol, I was surpised when I saw this as yahoo's headline

Warren’s dad called Retkofsky on Sunday to tell him of the injury. After the game, Warren called his former teammate and urged him to have his agent contact the Steelers.

classy family :thumbsup:

hopefully he can do warren's job. at least better than silverback :flap:

steelerstrade
11-01-2008, 03:50 PM
that seems like good pay for lifting a sofa!!!

haha. then again so does $600k for snapping a ball CORRECTLY

T&B fan
11-01-2008, 10:04 PM
well the last Insurance sales man ( Tommy Maddox ) din't do to bad

Galax Steeler
11-02-2008, 07:20 AM
That was a big pay increase I wish I could get one like that.

the_king_from_leon
11-03-2008, 06:19 AM
I saw the title and looked in and was over the moon to see he was joining the black and gold! Good on him and lets hope he can snap better than Harrison couldnt

Steeldude
11-03-2008, 07:07 AM
and don't forget jeff reed was pulling rocks out of people's yards for $8 an hour

oldschool
11-03-2008, 01:56 PM
I think Kreider was teaching middle school when the Steelers called in need of a fresh full back, that worked out pretty good! Let's hope for the same kind of performance!! Good luck kid!!

T&B fan
11-03-2008, 07:32 PM
and don't forget jeff reed was pulling rocks out of people's yards for $8 an hour

did not know that cool thanks

SteelCityMan786
11-03-2008, 07:55 PM
That was a big pay increase I wish I could get one like that.

Don't we all????