PDA

View Full Version : Hines..

steelcity_88
11-02-2008, 08:38 PM
How many more years do you guys think he has left here? I hope to hell he retires a Steeler, I also remember hearing him a few years back during his contract talks that if he had to, he'd play for free to stay here if it absolutely came down to it. Sometimes it looks as if he's starting to show his age, but then he goes and knocks someone out of a game. He's still got the hands, never was a burner..so how long do you say he has left? Usually the receivers who rely on their speed and agility go first, but we know Hines has that work ethic and toughness to substitute for the loss of some physical skills. Anyone see him playing another 5 or 6 years if the team lets him?

MasterOfPuppets
11-02-2008, 08:42 PM
5 yrs.....no..... 4 ....maybe.....3....for sure .

SteelCityMan786
11-02-2008, 09:06 PM
He'll play here as long as he wants.

steelpride12
11-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Still looks like he has plenty of want so lets go with a long time.

The Duke
11-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Hines is invincible, he'll play till he's 80 :tt03:

but actually, 3-4 years sounds about right

by then sweed and holmes have to be established as great receivers

chucoblack&gold
11-02-2008, 10:08 PM
I have noticed his production has dropped a bit, but I would give him another 4 yrs.

I would love to see Hines get another ring, he sure as hell has earned his stripes in my eyes.

Galax Steeler
11-03-2008, 04:34 AM
I would say another 3 or 4 also he still has the hands to be a receiver and is still physical when blocking so hopefully he will be around a while longer.

SCSTILLER
11-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Realistically I see him being here 4 more years.

Next question is, how long will he be a starter for the Steelers? Do you think he would be willing to be a third receiver? I for one do, but you never know! And, if he does become a third receiver, will it extend his career?

CanadianSteel
11-03-2008, 12:03 PM
I think Hines could be great as a slot receiver in the "Wes Welker" mold as he gets older. Santonio and Sweed as down the field thrreats, and Hines as the underneath chain mover sounds right to me..... Just convince Arians and ben to throw these shorter routes and we got something....

Dino 6 Rings
11-03-2008, 01:20 PM
He'll play here as long as he wants.

A Ding, Ding.

We have a winner!

tyler289
11-03-2008, 01:30 PM
I imagine he'll stay as long as he wants, and will leave on his terms.

PalmerSteel
11-03-2008, 01:33 PM
no he wont play here as long as he wants. this is the steelers you know? who has ever played here as long as they want? its all about the benjamins and player value. what does his contract look like wiht how many years left? if he is scheduled to get paid alot for the next 4-5 years then IMO will be released in 2 years. if his contract is avg and is willign to take a pay cut in a couple years then yes he will retire as a steeler.

steelcity_88
11-03-2008, 02:14 PM
I gotta agree with the above poster. If he wants to pull a Bettis and take a cut to stay with the team, I imagine he would play until he decided to hang it up. But if he wants to go the Joey Porter route, I find it hard to believe some other team wouldn't dish out a ton of money for his name and leadership qualities alone. A year working with the receivers on ANY team in the NFL, he's going to improve those guys around him.

fansince'76
11-03-2008, 02:18 PM
no he wont play here as long as he wants. this is the steelers you know? who has ever played here as long as they want? its all about the benjamins and player value.

How does that make the Steelers different than pretty much any other team, exactly? Besides the odd owner like Jerry Jones who spends money like a drunken sailor (and who really has nothing to show for it as of late), that is. It's a big business and as such, it's ALWAYS about the Benjamins.

moedap
11-03-2008, 04:29 PM
I gotta agree with the above poster. If he wants to pull a Bettis and take a cut to stay with the team, I imagine he would play until he decided to hang it up. But if he wants to go the Joey Porter route, I find it hard to believe some other team wouldn't dish out a ton of money for his name and leadership qualities alone. A year working with the receivers on ANY team in the NFL, he's going to improve those guys around him.

He will have to take a paycut b/c I dont believe another team will pay him a ton of money. I see him taking the Bettis route.

PalmerSteel
11-03-2008, 06:19 PM
How does that make the Steelers different than pretty much any other team, exactly? Besides the odd owner like Jerry Jones who spends money like a drunken sailor (and who really has nothing to show for it as of late), that is. It's a big business and as such, it's ALWAYS about the Benjamins.

it makes us different because we are very proactive where most teams are reactive pertaining to realizig a player is too old or not worth what they are paying him. i am sure other teams just call us lucky, but that is why we are contenders nearly every year becuase of this because we dont get "burnt" as much as most teams with player value year in and year out. (a few off top of my head - R-el, hope, faneca, woodson, porter, c brown, loyd, franco....)

fansince'76
11-03-2008, 06:25 PM
it makes us different because we are very proactive where most teams are reactive pertaining to realizig a player is too old or not worth what they are paying him. i am sure other teams just call us lucky, but that is why we are contenders nearly every year becuase of this because we dont get "burnt" as much as most teams with player value year in and year out. (a few off top of my head - R-el, hope, faneca, woodson, porter, c brown, loyd, franco....)

Agreed - I think a lot of other teams pay for past performance as well, whereas we don't. Thank goodness for that. :drink: