PDA

View Full Version : It's almost over.....

stlrtruck
11-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Finally the time is near that the political threads will be shut down for at least another few years. The bickering back and forth about his candidate, that candidate, and no candidate will come to a halt.

And while some may post their discontent with the newly elected President, at least there will be one common ground for the next few weeks after the election:

GO STEELERS!!!!

xfl2001fan
11-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I'm sure that in about a year, regardless of who is elected, we'll be able to bash the President for something stupid he/she did.

Polamalu Princess
11-03-2008, 11:14 AM
I cannot wait until tomorrow is over. I am so tired of all the debating!

fansince'76
11-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Finally the time is near that the political threads will be shut down for at least another few years. The bickering back and forth about his candidate, that candidate, and no candidate will come to a halt.

God, I hope so. :hope:

revefsreleets
11-03-2008, 11:21 AM
It'll go on at LEAST through "The First Hundred Days"...bank it.

fansince'76
11-03-2008, 11:29 AM

Well, hopefully there will be a reprieve from Wednesday through Inauguration Day, at least.

revefsreleets
11-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Cabinet selection and vetting, all Obama's appointments to ambassadoeships and the like, transition stories, etc, etc...

A presidential election provides news and controversy for a couple years on either side of it now. It's almost non-stop...

fansince'76
11-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Cabinet selection and vetting, all Obama's appointments to ambassadoeships and the like, transition stories, etc, etc...

A presidential election provides news and controversy for a couple years on either side of it now. It's almost non-stop...

Well, there's always been a "political component" to the Locker Room, I'm just tired of seeing the subforum DOMINATED by political threads. Hopefully it subsides somewhat. :hope:

Godfather
11-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Plus the 2012 candidates will start declaring around November 2009 in order to beat the punch.

I thought about declaring for 2012 before the 2008 election since I have no name recognition and need the head start. Of course, I really just want the free genealogical research. My main goal as POTUS would be a dramatic increase in Latina immigration :thumbsup:

xfl2001fan
11-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Just Latina's huh? Who cares about the Latino's!!!

:wink02:

Steel Duck
11-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Yeah..I'll be glad when it's over too!!! Maybe some people will actually like me then! :kick: : :crying01:

xfl2001fan
11-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Yeah..I'll be glad when it's over too!!! Maybe some people will actually like me then! :kick: : :crying01:

Nothing wrong with you as a person. I may not agree with your political stance (at least in this particular election...or the team you root for that matter) but there is nothing wrong with a strong-willed and intelligent woman. (Not to mention, but if you are your Avy...you're quite pretty too!)

Godfather
11-03-2008, 02:10 PM

I like you. That is, if your avatar is you.

If your avatar is your girlfriend I gotta go with playa-hatin'.

xfl2001fan
11-03-2008, 02:55 PM
I like you. That is, if your avatar is you.

If your avatar is your girlfriend I gotta go with playa-hatin'.

She's made no bones about being a woman. In fact, I think I remember somewhere that she described herself as an intelligent, strong willed, outspoken 36 year old woman...or something like that.

I read that she's stubborn, but that's probably my own stubborness coming out in me as well. :wink02:

Either way, she's human who sees things differently (at least politically) than a large number of our biggest political peeps on this board and isn't afraid to speak her mind. In most cases, that's considered a very positive trait. But when you're butting heads with a group of people over politcs (or religion), it tends to make things seem much worse than they actually are.

The strong-willed come across as stubborn, the intelligent come across as either arrogant or condescending, the dumb come across as...well that one still works out to be the same. The differences generally seem that much more...and not in a good way.

At the end of the day (at least for me) I still go to bed virtually stress free (I am married with 5 kids and one on the way....so there's always some stress).

What happens here is generally a way to fill a moment and not a true reflection of my entire life. I'm sure the same can be said for (at least) 90% of the people on this board.

Now, where's a good Steelers thread that I can troll up?

revefsreleets
11-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Again, I think the biggest thing that will be born tomorrow is just a whole ton of disappointment. There's just no way Obama can deliver on even 1/10th of his promises, so, that right there negates the whole "It's over" thing.

He made too many promises to too many people just to get elected. He'll be a sitting duck for not only the GOP but also Hillary who's just waiting in the wings to point out each and every inevitable failure. She'll adapt "The enemy of my enemy is friend" approach until it no longer suits her.

Obama is going to be destroyed and discredited over the next 4 years, I'm afraid. He'll be an effective scapegoat for the darkest hours we suffer since the Civil War.

Preacher
11-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Plus the 2012 candidates will start declaring around November 2009 in order to beat the punch.

I thought about declaring for 2012 before the 2008 election since I have no name recognition and need the head start. Of course, I really just want the free genealogical research. My main goal as POTUS would be a dramatic increase in Latina immigration :thumbsup:

Nope...

try Nov. 2008.

Steel Duck
11-04-2008, 02:51 AM
Nothing wrong with you as a person. I may not agree with your political stance (at least in this particular election...or the team you root for that matter) but there is nothing wrong with a strong-willed and intelligent woman. (Not to mention, but if you are your Avy...you're quite pretty too!)

She's made no bones about being a woman. In fact, I think I remember somewhere that she described herself as an intelligent, strong willed, outspoken 36 year old woman...or something like that.

I read that she's stubborn, but that's probably my own stubborness coming out in me as well. :wink02:

Either way, she's human who sees things differently (at least politically) than a large number of our biggest political peeps on this board and isn't afraid to speak her mind. In most cases, that's considered a very positive trait. But when you're butting heads with a group of people over politcs (or religion), it tends to make things seem much worse than they actually are.

The strong-willed come across as stubborn, the intelligent come across as either arrogant or condescending, the dumb come across as...well that one still works out to be the same. The differences generally seem that much more...and not in a good way.

At the end of the day (at least for me) I still go to bed virtually stress free (I am married with 5 kids and one on the way....so there's always some stress).

What happens here is generally a way to fill a moment and not a true reflection of my entire life. I'm sure the same can be said for (at least) 90% of the people on this board.

Now, where's a good Steelers thread that I can troll up?

Thank you for saying all of this, and for being so understanding. It's very refreshing to see someone of the opposite political side...as well as a sports rival able to look beyond their differences and actually respect that person. You my dear are a true gem, and a rare find! Thank you for respecting me and know that it is indeed mutual! :hug:
( and yes that is me in my avitar but its just a fluke it came out decent lol ) :wink:

PS Congrats on the new arrival!!!! I have 4 sons myself!!!:thumbsup:

xfl2001fan
11-04-2008, 05:16 AM
Wow, it's rare to find anyone with more than 2 kids. You're lucky that it's all boys. You have one boy, you worry about one boy. You have one girl, you worry about every other boy on the face of the planet. (I have two girls...the oldest is already showing signs of the "change").

Beauty will out and your avatar is a perfect example. Despite that hideous jersey, even I could see you were pretty! :wink02:

GBMelBlount
11-04-2008, 05:40 AM

Did I ever mention that taxes are too high and life is like a box of chocolate? :chuckle:

Vis
11-04-2008, 06:43 AM
It is over. Dixville Notch went for Obama 17-6.

stlrtruck
11-04-2008, 07:56 AM

:hug: Does that help. Oh wait, it's not that I didn't like you before :wink02:

Some days you just got to take everything that's said with a grain of salt.

GBMelBlount
11-04-2008, 08:04 AM

Seriously, they just interviewed a guy named "Peter Johnson" in Dicksville. I don't thing I'm going to throw in the towel just yet. :toofunny:

xfl2001fan
11-04-2008, 08:08 AM

Oh noz! McCain is behind by 11 votes in a nation of 300 Million. The most insignificant town has voted a majority for nObama...it's over, it's over. :crying:

(Yes, I know what you meant, but still wanted to post the tirade.) :flap:

Steel Duck
11-04-2008, 12:48 PM
:hug: Does that help. Oh wait, it's not that I didn't like you before :wink02:

Some days you just got to take everything that's said with a grain of salt.

hehehe yes it did help actually...Thank you lol :grin:

Hines0wnz
11-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Tomorrow will be a better day indeed.

X-Terminator
11-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Thank God.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-04-2008, 01:02 PM

I will combat......through the first 101 days

Hines0wnz
11-04-2008, 01:03 PM
I can start gearing up for pointless "Obama sucks" themed threads finally. :popcorn:

MACH1
11-04-2008, 01:30 PM
I can start gearing up for pointless "Obama sucks" themed threads finally. :popcorn:

If he wins they won't be pointless. :wink02:

Hines0wnz
11-04-2008, 01:34 PM
If he wins they won't be pointless. :wink02:

You make a good point. :thumbsup:

stlrtruck
11-04-2008, 01:45 PM

Probably won't get those until his first blunder! Then it'll be all over....I call it now...by March 2009 we have the first and official "Impeach Obama" thread should he win tonight's election.