PDA

View Full Version : What is Cris Carter Smoking

SteelMusic
11-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Who heard Cris Carter say that Jeff George is more talented than Big Ben on espn? What in the hell is he smokin'? I want some of that.:tt03:

Hapa
11-03-2008, 08:15 PM
I honestly don't even know who Jeff George is.

MasterOfPuppets
11-03-2008, 08:21 PM
:uhh:

SteelCityMan786
11-03-2008, 08:23 PM
:blah::blah::blah::blah:

steelcity_88
11-03-2008, 08:26 PM
You beat me to this post. I thought I had heard wrong. I know he sucked, but I wanted to know how bad. So I checked on this, longest tenure he's had with any team is '90-'93 with the colts. Then went on to play for 6 other teams, the Raiders twice. What a dipshit!

tony hipchest
11-03-2008, 08:36 PM
chris carter... "just stop trippin"

fansince'76
11-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Why do people pay attention to anything that is said on that network?

SteelMusic
11-03-2008, 08:40 PM
I don't really care about Cris Carter. Just thought I would give you all a quick laugh.

19ward86
11-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Cris Carter was a beast but like most of those c-o-c-k-y ex-players he is a terrible announcer, ala keyshawn johnson.

steelpride12
11-03-2008, 10:15 PM
I stopped listening to ESPN a long time ago, they never has any positive info about the Steelers.

jjpro11
11-03-2008, 10:23 PM
are you sure he wasnt being sarcastic? he actually picked the steelers to win and ive heard him say good things about them before.. that would be a really "out there" thing to say.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-04-2008, 01:24 AM
They were talking about the longevity of Ben's career. Carter brought up when Jeff George came to his team he could throw the ball, but all the hits he had taken had taken their toll on him and he became fragile and a bit gun shy.

That's at least how I took it, not saying JG is was better than Ben, but that if Ben keeps taking beatings like this his career will go the way of Jeff George.

SteelMusic
11-04-2008, 02:10 AM
Before he gave his explanation he said..."I played with a qb that had a lot more talent than Ben, in Jeff George"

ChronoCross
11-04-2008, 02:52 AM
if you listen to the announcers all game they were all over the redskins ballsacks. No matter what happen on the field they were for the redskins.

Galax Steeler
11-04-2008, 05:17 AM
Espn and Chris Carter who cares what they say we know who the better quarterback is Jeff George never showed me anything I guess the media has to come up with somthing to say to get noticed.

stillers4me
11-04-2008, 06:32 AM
Ben may take a beating, but I would never call him gunshy.

He probably should have been resting that shoulder for a few games, but instead he goes out there a takes the hits and throws the bombs. He 's been off last week and last night and that shoulder is explains why.

But gunshy......never.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-04-2008, 06:50 AM
This is the same Cris Carter that called out former Lions CEO Matt Millen for not calling Carter to ask his opinion of receiver Charles Rogers or receiver Mike Williams.....

Carter said....“Matt Millen – do a little undercover work... Williams and Charlie Rogers both worked out with me before the draft. I could have told him, don’t draft neither one of them....but Matt never asked me.”

HOWEVER..............

Carter told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel ... “Roger is very similar – and I don’t like to make a lot of comparisons – to Randy Moss in a sense, a big basketball player playing wide receiver. He’s the only receiver that’s come out since Randy that you can make an honest comparison to. He has a yearning to learn.”

And Carter told the St. Paul Pioneer Press: "Williams is going to be a great player. I think people will be surprised at the kind of person he is. He’s really a hard worker. He takes his training very seriously and wants to be very good.”

Another talking head that is more worried about the public perception of "now"...and puts personal integrity on the back burner.

cubanstogie
11-04-2008, 10:17 AM
are you sure he wasnt being sarcastic? he actually picked the steelers to win and ive heard him say good things about them before.. that would be a really "out there" thing to say.

He was serious, I couldn't believe it and let a bunch F bombs out. He was ribbed pretty good by the rest of his crew though. Keyshawn was laughing and TJ was shaking his head as he said "Jeff George". George threw a nice tight spiral with a cannon arm kind of like Carson Palmer. He had no other qualities, I think Carter started drinking again, he might need to go back to rehab. A guy should be fired for saying shittt like that. No accountability just like weathermen. I hate to admit it because I never like Keyshawn but IMO he is the best on that team. He is the most insightful as opposed to the kool aid drinking TJ, and Ditka who is stuck in the 70's. I won't even comment on Carter after last night's comment. I have become intolerant, it's hard to watch these commentators.

stlrtruck
11-04-2008, 10:51 AM
if you listen to the announcers all game they were all over the redskins ballsacks. No matter what happen on the field they were for the redskins.

With Kornholeheiser in the booth what did you expect to hear? It's officially official, I truly can not stand that man in the booth and he and madden need to get on the madden bus, drive to some remote location in Wyoming or Montana or wherever, build a one room shack, and never, ever, EVER, come out again!!!!

PolamaluPower
11-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Jeff George?

Aussie_steeler
11-05-2008, 04:14 AM
They were talking about the longevity of Ben's career. Carter brought up when Jeff George came to his team he could throw the ball, but all the hits he had taken had taken their toll on him and he became fragile and a bit gun shy.
That's at least how I took it, not saying JG is was better than Ben, but that if Ben keeps taking beatings like this his career will go the way of Jeff George.

That is exactly what Chris Carter said. He was worried that if Ben kept taking hits he would become gunshy like Jeff George was when he arrived at the vikings.

He was not putting down Ben, he was just worrying about his long term well being behind the porous O line.

The other guys took the p*ss out of him for even thinking that Jeff George was ever a half decent QB. He could throw a tight spiral but he was to busy listening for footsteps.