PDA

View Full Version : Our ProBowl QB holds on to the ball too long

SteelerFanInTX210
11-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Its about 12 min left in the fourth against the redskins and if you ask me Ben holds on to the ball too long as some of you have already stated. Well by watching Byron tonight get rid of the ball on time and effectively i am reassured that he does hold on to the ball to long. Ben in my opinion has been hit to many times this year and has some sort of shell shock. What do you think?

SFLSteeler
11-03-2008, 10:21 PM
I don't think anybody can argue against the idea that he holds onto the ball too long.

I'm not sure if he is "shell shocked", but he definitely looks afraid to pull the trigger and let the ball fly. Byron looks great out there, I'm really glad to see our backups taking advantage of their opportunities.

X-Terminator
11-03-2008, 10:26 PM
From the Department of Redundancy Department...

This has only been beaten to death a million times over.

Borski
11-03-2008, 10:36 PM
I hope Bryon works up his trade value for the offseason

SteelerFanInTX210
11-03-2008, 10:54 PM
im sorry i dont mean to beat a dead horse

jjpro11
11-03-2008, 10:57 PM
maybe he needs to take a break.. i dont know.. it looks like he lost all trust in his oline and its affecting him big time.

Sharkissle29
11-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Its about 12 min left in the fourth against the redskins and if you ask me Ben holds on to the ball too long as some of you have already stated. Well by watching Byron tonight get rid of the ball on time and effectively i am reassured that he does hold on to the ball to long. Ben in my opinion has been hit to many times this year and has some sort of shell shock. What do you think?

I completely agree. He needs to sit a few weeks and refocus to get some confidence back.

slippy
11-03-2008, 11:01 PM
exactly how does one get confidence by sitting on the bench?

Hines0wnz
11-03-2008, 11:05 PM
http://www.worldbank.org/html/extdr/kosovo/photos/deadhorse.jpg

iloveben7
11-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Thank you captain obvious. You don't think everyone in the world already knows that, as well as Ben, Tomlin, and his teammates. But you gotta take the good with the bad. And then when Ben extends the play by holding on longer and scrambling, you'll be the same ones that jump for joy.

MasterOfPuppets
11-03-2008, 11:29 PM
I hope Bryon works up his trade value for the offseasontrade value? he only has a contract for this year.....:popcorn:

steelreserve
11-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Thank you captain obvious. You don't think everyone in the world already knows that, as well as Ben, Tomlin, and his teammates. But you gotta take the good with the bad. And then when Ben extends the play by holding on longer and scrambling, you'll be the same ones that jump for joy.

It's great when he extends the play and makes a big gain out of it. But it's not 2005. This year, when he extends the play, he either throws a 40-yard jump ball or gets sacked anyway. Seems like if he scrambles, he just won't pull the trigger unless it's a home run ball. He needs to take a week, shake off the beating he's taken, and get his head screwed back on straight.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Ben does not hold onto the ball too long!!

Have you not read this board the past 8 weeks?? Its all Arians fault, the O-line's fault and Larry Zeirline's fault. Also, its the Rooneys fault for hiring an inexperienced coach like Tomlin because of the Rooney Rule. :rolleyes:

The Duke
11-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Ben does not hold onto the ball too long!!

Have you not read this board the past 8 weeks?? Its all Arians fault, the O-line's fault and Larry Zeirline's fault. Also, its the Rooneys fault for hiring an inexperienced coach like Tomlin because of the Rooney Rule. :rolleyes:

don't forget it's willie's fault :chuckle:

Hapa
11-04-2008, 08:26 PM
I think Ben is looking for the big play a little too much. I mean, we'll never know if the receivers are running good or bad routes, because the cameras don't show that.

I was starting to think that that was exactly it- the receivers. But seeing Byron Leftwich be able to find an open man very quickly, it's obvious that Ben is just trying to get too much.

stillers4me
11-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Ben tries to carry too much on his shoulders. I love his attitude, and he most definitely is a game changer, a difference maker. He can keep drivers alive with his amazing mobility. But he needs to just focus focus focus. Maybe a week or two watching Byron could actually help tweak his own playing style.

TheWarDen86
11-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Our ProBowl QB holds on to the ball too long

Yep.

TheWarDen86
11-04-2008, 09:04 PM
http://www.worldbank.org/html/extdr/kosovo/photos/deadhorse.jpg

so, you couldn't have found maybe a "less dead" dead horse? :chuckle:

Hines0wnz
11-09-2008, 03:07 PM
so, you couldn't have found maybe a "less dead" dead horse? :chuckle:

I think a pile of dust would be more appropriate but I'm not sure the joke would be understood as good. :laughing:

TeeJay
11-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Give me an AFC Championship winning QB, over a 'going to the Pro Bowl' one anyday!

What, like pro footballers can't afford a Holiday in Hawaii!