PDA

View Full Version : Leftwich on ESPN....

Sharkissle29
11-04-2008, 12:23 AM
man i just found a new respect for byron leftwich. he was just sayin how he signed with the steelers to be apart of a good football team and was happy to be a steeler. much resect for byron

Preacher
11-04-2008, 12:27 AM
I am listening to it on ESPN.

You all should hear him praising the Steelers.

This is a guy I want around for quite a while "Ben is the starter" he says. "I just wante to be a part of a good football team"

"Tomlin is a hell of a coach"

Hey Lefty.... Welcome. I rather see you in black and Gold winning for us in a few games you play, then in Jax colors beating up like you normally do.

Guttpuppy
11-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Awesome!

The Duke
11-04-2008, 12:31 AM
And he mentioned not knowing the offense yet cause he wasn't at mini camps and OTAs . he seems to know it pretty well

great team player. sounds like a stand up guy

and funny too, congratulating obama

Sharkissle29
11-04-2008, 12:32 AM
Yea i have found a new respect for him after watching that. i posted a thread but i think it got bumped

Galax Steeler
11-04-2008, 05:07 AM
He was really impressive to come in and play like he did he was calm and made some plays.

stillers4me
11-04-2008, 06:06 AM
He sounded thrilled to have the chance to be in Pittsburgh and make a difference.

It sounds like he has a great respect for the organization as a whole. We are very fortune that if Charlie was to get hurt, it was in the preseason, because there are alot of teams out there today that are pissed off that we grabbed him first!

I know he wants a starting job next year and I certainly can't blame him. But I would love to keep him for a while. My dream scenario would be to keep Byron as a backup, trade Dixon and have Charlie stay on in a coaching position. I think he is a very valuable locker room leader.

steelpride12
11-04-2008, 07:09 AM
Lefty has a great attitude and is proud to play a back up for the Steelers. He has the skill and strength to still be a starting QB, but he wants to stay in Pittsburgh a and play well and i respect that and accept as a Steeler.

KeiselPower99
11-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Byron is a stand up guy and I would love to see him as Bens backup. Both have similar styles. Big guys with cannon arms.

Tagg67
11-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Byron is a stand up guy and I would love to see him as Bens backup. Both have similar styles. Big guys with cannon arms.

I agree, they both are 6' 5'' around 250 pounds, and great arms. Great job Defense and Leftwich for the win.:tt02::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

GutterflowerSteel
11-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Lefty did a great job last night - he changed the tempo of the offense when he came out.

I have to admit - I was worried when I saw Ben on the sidelines. Of course, the Skins announcer didn't say why Ben was out - I didn't find out until I heard it on ESPN radio on my way home.

If Byron has to start against the Colts next week, I'm okay with that - he was a division rival of theirs for a long time.

Hines4ever
11-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Lefty did a great job last night - he changed the tempo of the offense when he came out.

I have to admit - I was worried when I saw Ben on the sidelines. Of course, the Skins announcer didn't say why Ben was out - I didn't find out until I heard it on ESPN radio on my way home.

If Byron has to start against the Colts next week, I'm okay with that - he was a division rival of theirs for a long time.

Just heard that Ben is having MRI done this morning and is "questionable" for Sunday.....but I agree......I'm feeling positive with Leftwich at the helm!!!!:applaudit: for Leftwhich!!!!

Preacher
11-04-2008, 05:00 PM
I say,

sign him to an extension,

then offer him as trade bait!!