PDA

View Full Version : Cheatriots are whiniiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
11-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Hmmm I don't remember them whining last week when they had no penalties. :crying01:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/11/04/flag_football_was_no_fun/

Several Patriots players, including wide receiver Randy Moss (who referenced "iffy calls"), struggled to hold their tongues, for fear of being fined, as they were frustrated by the officiating in Sunday night's 18-15 loss to the Colts.

No call was more frustrating than the unnecessary roughness penalty on tight end David Thomas in the fourth quarter for blocking Indianapolis defensive end Robert Mathis after the whistle. Instead of having third and 1 at the Colts' 31, the Patriots were pushed back to the 46 and had third and 16, setting up Matt Cassel's interception on fourth and 15 that all but sealed the game.

"I don't want to get fined or anything. It's tough, man," said Ellis Hobbs. "Even on that last interception they're mauling Ben [Watson] down the seam. It works for you sometimes and sometimes it doesn't."

The Colts were called for just one penalty in the game - a false start on the final play of the first half while they tried to spike the ball to set up a field goal - while the Patriots had two penalties for 20 yards.

One player who tried to bite back his feelings but couldn't was Matt Light. Asked about Thomas's penalty, he said, "There is not a whole lot to talk about with it. It was called. One of these days we'll get back to playing football."

After a follow-up question about how frustrating such calls are, Light launched into a diatribe about how the league deals with penalties and players.

"Look, it's part of the game," said Light. "There are going to be calls that you agree with and some you don't. Unfortunately, I've had to waste a lot of my time dealing with having some type of fine that I have to have and then you have to go back and appeal and then have the appeals process. Then you end up winning those or you lose them.

"So, as a player, you get tired of dealing with the excessive amount of calls that go out there, whether it's on you or not. But when it does happen to you, then you've got to waste your day, file an appeal, then go on a conference call, then waste another hour and a half out of your day. The money is already taken out of your check; it's a done deal. You're tried and found guilty before it's all said and done.

"So, I think those type of things get frustrating. But like I said it's all part of the game. We had a lot of calls that have gone our way and will continue to go our way, and we'll be happy about it. That's the game. I think if we would have made a few more plays and executed a little bit better and finished some of those drives in the red area, we wouldn't be talking about this."Continued...

Patriots coach Bill Belichick was asked about the penalty on Thomas, who said he didn't hear the whistle. After reviewing the film, he seemed to stand by the call.

"Well, I could see why they called it," said Belichick.

For the first time all season, Cassel was not sacked.

While Cassel, who was 25 of 34 for 204 yards and rushed five times for 20 yards, has taken a lot of the blame for the Patriots' mounting sack totals this season, he avoided a few against the Colts with scrambles and picked up a first down on the Patriots' lone touchdown drive with a 7-yard scamper on third and 7.

"I like what I see. I don't think I'm the only one that's liking what I see," said Moss, when asked about Cassel. "I think that Matt is really carrying this team and running the offense really well.

"I think we're still really getting accustomed to him being out there, but at the same time we don't really have that time to be waiting. He's doing a heck of a job. I think he's distributing the ball. We're moving the ball well on offense, and he's done everything expected of him.

"We knew what Matt Cassel could do. The main thing is just really to go out there and prove it. He's got 10 other guys on his side, so anything is possible in this offense.

"The sky's the limit still for this offense."

Red alert
After reviewing the tape of the Colts game, Belichick said one area the Patriots are going to have to improve on is red zone efficiency - on both sides of the ball. The Patriots came away with just one touchdown - a 6-yard run by rookie BenJarvus Green-Ellis in the third quarter - in four trips to the red zone, while the Colts converted both of their red zone opportunities into touchdowns. "We just have to do a better job of getting it in, and we have to do a better job of keeping them out," said Belichick. "That is execution all the way across the board with whatever plays we are calling - runs and passes; defensively - blitzes, zones, mans. I am confident in Matt throwing the ball. I am confident in us running it. I am confident in us stopping them, but we just have to do a better job of it, that's all." . . . The Patriots missed safety Rodney Harrison, who is out for the season with a torn right quadriceps, when it came to defending Colts tight end Dallas Clark. Clark, who was held to just two catches for 15 yards last season against the Patriots, had four catches for 63 yards Sunday night . . . The Patriots ran 67 plays to the Colts' 50. "They did a great job at holding the ball and controlling the field and keeping us on the field," said Colts safety Bob Sanders . . . Patriots players are off today and return to work tomorrow.

fansince'76
11-04-2008, 09:50 AM
This is the absolute LAST team that has any right to bitch about penalties. But considering the source (a bunch of cheating and classless asshats), it's not surprising in the least either.

xfl2001fan
11-04-2008, 09:55 AM
This is the absolute LAST team that has any right to bitch about penalties. But considering the source (a bunch of cheating and classless asshats), it's not surprising in the least either.

Give them some slack. They're used to doing things their own way (to include video tapes) and the league always backing them (or turning their heads to the obvious wrongs)...when you're that pampered and suddenly asked to man up...it's got to be hard.

revefsreleets
11-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Would this team have ANY championships at all if they had to play without tape and getting penalties called against them like the other 31 teams in this league?

They are a disgrace to the NFL. Complaining about TWO penalties? Please.

steelreserve
11-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Hmm. I guess they have more in common with the Seahawks than I thought.

You know, other than NOT WINNING THE SUPER BOWL. :sofunny:

The Patriot
11-04-2008, 03:47 PM
"So, as a player, you get tired of dealing with the excessive amount of calls that go out there, whether it's on you or not. But when it does happen to you, then you've got to waste your day, file an appeal, then go on a conference call, then waste another hour and a half out of your day. The money is already taken out of your check; it's a done deal. You're tried and found guilty before it's all said and done.

I don't see what's wrong with what Matt Light is saying. He wasn't complaining about losing the game, he was complaining about the fine issued by Goodell ontop of the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Palamalu just made a statement exactly like this last week and you all had his back!

If a steelers player had complained about Goodell's 'system of appeal for fines', you all would have been up in arms in a split second.

SteelersMongol
11-04-2008, 09:19 PM
...If a steelers player had complained about Goodell's 'system of appeal for fines', you all would have been up in arms in a split second.

There U R. :doh: Still trying 2 defend Cheating f*gg*ts with your :blah:? :hatsoff:

Steelman16
11-05-2008, 12:06 AM
There U R. :doh: Still trying 2 defend Cheating f*gg*ts with your :blah:? :hatsoff:

:chuckle: Sic it to 'em Mongol!

SteelersGirlTN7
11-05-2008, 12:26 AM
I don't see what's wrong with what Matt Light is saying. He wasn't complaining about losing the game, he was complaining about the fine issued by Goodell ontop of the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Palamalu just made a statement exactly like this last week and you all had his back!

If a steelers player had complained about Goodell's 'system of appeal for fines', you all would have been up in arms in a split second.

Of course we would have their back if it was a Steeler making the comments. Talk to us when you have used and abused Peyton Manning for nearly 56 minutes, and then, because of ONE crappy call related to Troy Polamalu and an interception, all of that is nearly for not, because the Colts are allowed to come back and score. This call, while it did not draw a letter of apology, it was admitted to be the wrong call. We just happened to manage to be able to win anyway. There were many other calls though.that had to be addressed in a letter of apology from the NFL. The Steelers have a stack of those letters! They are among the few teams in the NFL who have every right to complain about bad referee calls. I know the Pats are used to the calls going in their favor - however welcome to the rest of the NFL! Move on!!

The_WARDen
11-05-2008, 09:17 AM
don't worry, I'm sure Goodell with make some rule changes to accomodate them.

devilsdancefloor
11-05-2008, 09:40 AM
this is :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: cause the thomas guy deserved the penalty!

tony hipchest
11-10-2008, 04:36 PM
randy moss was fined $20,000 last week for his comments.

today the league decided to rescend the fine.

"oops, our bad randy. you dont owe us nothing."

:banging:

The Patriot
11-10-2008, 05:11 PM
randy moss was fined $20,000 last week for his comments.

today the league decided to rescend the fine.

"oops, our bad randy. you dont owe us nothing."

:banging:

You think Moss should be fined $20,000 for saying quote; "There were some iffy calls out there"? :rolleyes:

NJarhead
11-10-2008, 05:21 PM
You think Moss should be fined $20,000 for saying quote; "There were some iffy calls out there"? :rolleyes:

"iffy calls?" Do you know how insulting that is to the referees who try so hard. He should have been fined $50,000.00 :chuckle:

tony hipchest
11-10-2008, 05:24 PM
he should be fined for his shitty frizzy corn rows.

the least he can do is get someone to do em nice and tight like alicia keys.

The Patriot
11-10-2008, 05:27 PM
he should be fined for his shitty frizzy corn rows.

the least he can do is get someone to do em nice and tight like alicia keys.

Well, there is always the alternative.

http://www.slowplay.com/wp-content/rmoss2.jpg

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Well, there is always the alternative.

http://www.slowplay.com/wp-content/rmoss2.jpg

ZOMG!

http://havanta.files.wordpress.com/2006/11/side-show-bob.jpg

steelpride12
11-11-2008, 03:14 PM
There winning too.