PDA

View Full Version : The Most Ridiculous Thing I Have Ever Seen

pittsburghp8baller
11-04-2008, 10:08 AM
I live in Virginia and i went to the game last night and on the way there i went through something i hope i or any1 else would have to sit through. i left from my work in springfield to head to the game, which should only take an 20-25 minutes at the most, at 5:30. OVER 3 THREE HOURS LATER i pull into the FedEx Field parking lot. By time i get into the stadium it was already 6-0 Skins. The whole way there it was a complete parking lot, we got off the highway and sitting a few cars back at a stop light, we didnt move for three whole light cycles. Then leaving the stadium it took another hour and a half jus to get out of the stadium parking lot. our whole travel time was over 5 hours last night on something that shouldnt of taken around a hour.

xfl2001fan
11-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Which is why I'll never live anywhere near DC and (generally) avoid major cities at all costs.

Vis
11-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Look at it this way - you missed the crappy first few minutes.

pittsburghp8baller
11-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Look at it this way - you missed the crappy first few minutes.

yea thats good, but if the Steelers had lost you would of heard of this steeler fan that went pscyho and starting beating down redskin fans.

BTW the whole first quarter a lot of people werent watching the game, they were watching a huge fire that broke out in the parking lot that looked like it engulfed at least three cars. was awesome seeing, walking up the stadium seeing the sparks from the cars go off.

Beer-Fire-Dumb Redskins Fans= Well, a lot of things none of them good

pittsburghp8baller
11-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Which is why I'll never live anywhere near DC and (generally) avoid major cities at all costs.

ive never seened anything like this, every1 in this area needs to re-take drivers ed. id take it again jus to get things going, the only problem half of N. Virginia and DC will lose their liscense

revefsreleets
11-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Looks like they were celebrating Obama's election one day early in the parking lot...

stlrtruck
11-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Being from that area, I could tell you that you should have left earlier for the game. Monday nights are ridiculous in that area. Regardless of how many exits they open up before and after the game.

Second, never leave right away. Stick around, have a beer, a brat, etc. Usually takes about an hour and a half for traffic to get moving at a decent pace.

Last option is get to know someone in the ticket office who could get you a club level pass for after the game

fansince'76
11-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Ah yes, the lovely DC traffic. Worst traffic I've ever driven in in my life was on the beltway - even the L.A. freeways weren't as bad.

GutterflowerSteel
11-04-2008, 11:48 AM
The traffic is atrocious. I live about an hour from the stadium. My friend and I left around 3 - got there around 4 and found a cash lot a mile and a half from the stadium. If you don't do that, then good luck finding parking. I got home around 3 a.m. thanks to the massive crush of people leaving and then the traffic.

That's what happens when you plunk down a 90,000 + stadium in an area where there is NO convenient mass transportation. Having a parking pass just means you get to park closer to the stadium - but it will still take you two hours just to leave the parking lot. It definitely sucks.

pittsburghp8baller
11-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Being from that area, I could tell you that you should have left earlier for the game. Monday nights are ridiculous in that area. Regardless of how many exits they open up before and after the game.

Second, never leave right away. Stick around, have a beer, a brat, etc. Usually takes about an hour and a half for traffic to get moving at a decent pace.

Last option is get to know someone in the ticket office who could get you a club level pass for after the game

taking 3 hours for a half an hour trip is ridiculous, even on a monday. my dad has driven that area everyday for 10 years now, and he had never seen anything like this. 5:30 was the earliest we could leave because thats the earliest we could of gotten off, that should of been more than enough time to get there.

we left after we stopped them on that fourth down, with like 4 1/2 minutes left but we should of realized with all of the Redskins fans that already left it would of been bad even if we left after the third.

oh well, it was all worth it.

stlrtruck
11-04-2008, 01:27 PM
taking 3 hours for a half an hour trip is ridiculous, even on a monday. my dad has driven that area everyday for 10 years now, and he had never seen anything like this. 5:30 was the earliest we could leave because thats the earliest we could of gotten off, that should of been more than enough time to get there.

we left after we stopped them on that fourth down, with like 4 1/2 minutes left but we should of realized with all of the Redskins fans that already left it would of been bad even if we left after the third.

oh well, it was all worth it.

I use to work the Redskins Ticket Office and thankfully I had to be there on Game Day early. One of the top complaints, even from Redskins fans, was that the traffic was atrocious.

I understand your situation but when they open those gates for parking, it's as if they've never done it before. Who ever designed the traffic patterns clearly wasn't a sports person but instead found joy in stupidity!!

pittsburghp8baller
11-04-2008, 03:53 PM
I use to work the Redskins Ticket Office and thankfully I had to be there on Game Day early. One of the top complaints, even from Redskins fans, was that the traffic was atrocious.

I understand your situation but when they open those gates for parking, it's as if they've never done it before. Who ever designed the traffic patterns clearly wasn't a sports person but instead found joy in stupidity!!

u hit it on the spot there. the tickets we got were from one of the guys my dad works with, season tickets so they came with one of the parking passes. So we get in the lane for that color and as we get closer and closer we start to notice that they are blocking off the parking for that section, apparently they hand out more parking passes for certain sections that their are place available to park. so we had to sit through more traffic and get to another place to park.