PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else wondering if Woodley will be fined?

WWIIOwheelz
11-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Sadly, that was the first thing I thought about when he threw Campbell down last night. (Sad state of affairs when you worry about the fine to the player before you high-five your wife after a hard sack.)

Maybe the BS helmet-to-helmet call got me too worked up beforehand, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see the Wood get fined for that.

Glace
11-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Goodell was there watching the game, so I'm sure he will be.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Too many fines and horrible call on Farrior..

steelreserve
11-04-2008, 12:59 PM
I know, he sure tackled the quarterback. What a dirty play.

cubanstogie
11-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Too many fines and horrible call on Farrior..

I agree, I was befuddled when Jaworski said it was a no brainer and a good call. How do you stop from full speed sprint to QB. It was incidental contact with helmet.There was absolutely no intent to hit with helmet. I am not sure the exacts words to rule but that was crap.

steelreserve
11-04-2008, 01:15 PM
I agree, I was befuddled when Jaworski said it was a no brainer and a good call. How do you stop from full speed sprint to QB. It was incidental contact with helmet.There was absolutely no intent to hit with helmet. I am not sure the exacts words to rule but that was crap.

That play was a perfect embodiment of what Troy meant when he said they're turning football into a "pansy" game. It wasn't dirty or excessive or dangerous, just the kind of thing that happens by random chance when you're playing hard.

It's the same idea as if the government passed a law saying you could get a ticket if a traffic light happened to turn from green to yellow while you were still in the intersection. The NFL has completely lost sight of the difference between incidental and deliberate.

fansince'76
11-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Anyone else wondering if Woodley will be fined?

Nope, the only thing I'm wondering is what the amount will be. Fully expect Farrior to get tagged too. :coffee:

MACH1
11-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Nope, the only thing I'm wondering is what the amount will be. Fully expect Farrior to get tagged too. :coffee:

Yep...:mad:

Edman
11-04-2008, 02:20 PM
That call was pure tick-tack. Farrior never blatantly lowered his head and incidentally collided Campbell's facemask with his own. That's not leading with the helmet.

And to answer that question, yes Farrior and Woodley will be slapped with fines.

SCSTILLER
11-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Soon as Woodley sacked Campbell I looked at my buddies and said "He is going to get fined"

Also think that Goodell will fine Farrior for the facemask to facemask, ummm, hit.

Steelerstrength
11-04-2008, 02:30 PM

Double agree! And to top that off, Jaworstki was totally in the bag for the foreskins! He even said the first INT was bogus! Before the game he was complimenting their QB as an MVP candidate! Dipshit!

Wood slammed his ass good! That's how football used to be played! Better not be fined. :banging:

Steelers Since '75
11-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Double agree! And to top that off, Jaworstki was totally in the bag for the foreskins! He even said the first INT was bogus! Before the game he was complimenting their QB as an MVP candidate! Dipshit!

Wood slammed his ass good! That's how football used to be played! Better not be fined. :banging:

Couldn't agree more... I was actually yelling obscenities at Jaworski through my TV... when he said their was no catch on the INT both of the other announcers said "What"??? in unison. Almost as if to say what play are you watching Jaws because we both see certain control of that ball. He was completely riding the skins sack... but he hates the Stillers anyways...

devilsdancefloor
11-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Since it seems like the commish likes to make the steelers pay fines for playing football. Maybe the steelers can ask if they can pick what charity it goes too. :tt03::tt03:

SteelerFanInCA
11-04-2008, 03:52 PM
I thought that call was ticky tack on the helmet to helmet. :helmet:

Don't think it is worthy of a fine though.

jjpro11
11-04-2008, 04:30 PM
fine on woodley? i dont give a sh!t.. that play was a fumble and harrison should have had a touchdown.. of course none of those espn douche bags saw it.. they were too busy crying for flags and challenges for the redskins.

Preacher
11-04-2008, 04:48 PM
fine on woodley? i dont give a sh!t.. that play was a fumble and harrison should have had a touchdown.. of course none of those espn douche bags saw it.. they were too busy crying for flags and challenges for the redskins.

No, it wasn't.

The ground cannot cause a fumble.

jjpro11
11-04-2008, 04:57 PM
No, it wasn't.

The ground cannot cause a fumble.

it was coming out before he hit.. i replayed it.

indy steeler
11-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Sadly, that was the first thing I thought about when he threw Campbell down last night. (Sad state of affairs when you worry about the fine to the player before you high-five your wife after a hard sack.)

Maybe the BS helmet-to-helmet call got me too worked up beforehand, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see the Wood get fined for that.

I would hope not because it would balance out the missed fumble on that play.

I am glad to be the first team this season to have not only one but two INTs on the Redskins.

Am I the only one hoping that Byron starts next week? FWP did not do too bad, 70 yards rushing and a TD.

Again, am I the only one that thinks that this is the best defense that we have had since 1996?

stillers4me
11-04-2008, 06:13 PM
sooooooooooooooooo.....when's someone going to get fines for hitting Ben?

PolamaluPower
11-04-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm sure. Goodell was kicked back in the box with Dan Snyder...all buddy buddy. I think they were sharing an order of fries.

SFLSteeler
11-04-2008, 08:35 PM
it was coming out before he hit.. i replayed it.

It was absolutely a fumble; if the ref hadn't blown the wistle before the play was finished that would have been a 6-point return by Harrison.

jjpro11
11-04-2008, 08:43 PM
It was absolutely a fumble; if the ref hadn't blown the wistle before the play was finished that would have been a 6-point return by Harrison.

he blew that whistle as soon as the ball came out.. it was almost like, "oh sh!t, cant let this happen" whistle!

even if it had gone to the booth, we wouldnt have gotten it because they would have just said they blew the call dead before harrison picked it up, like the denver-san diego game.

Steelman16
11-04-2008, 10:42 PM
With King Roger there to watch it, there's almost no question if he'll get fined.

stillers4me
11-05-2008, 12:07 AM
I doubt he cares. It's like being initiated into an elite, exclusive club. :chuckle:

RoethlisBURGHer
11-05-2008, 12:21 AM
I doubt he cares. It's like being initiated into an elite, exclusive club. :chuckle:

It's called the "I Play Defense And Roger Goodell Doesn't Like It" club.

And if he gets fined for that, then Goodell needs to be shot with a sniper rifle right between the GD eyes.

SunshineMan21
11-05-2008, 01:17 AM
I'm not sure what there was to fine . . . hitting too hard? The Farrior call was ticky-tack, but you can at least make a case (as Jaws did) for how it violated the letter of the rule.

The Woodley hit was just a whiffed block and a very angry 265-lb. LB clocking Jason Campbell.

Galax Steeler
11-05-2008, 05:02 AM
I saw nothing wrong with either hit woodley did a good job of sacking cambell he wrapped his arms around him and took him down and as for Farrior that should have never been called you could tell that he wasn't leading with his helmet so they should be no fines.

GBMelBlount
11-05-2008, 06:41 AM

Exactly what I thought when Jaworski said that . There was no malice or intent. In fact it appeared to be nothing more than incidental contact. I can undersand it technically being a penalty, but nothing more. I will be absolutely shocked if he is fined for that.....but you never know these days....