PDA

View Full Version : Stand by your convictions

Dino 6 Rings
11-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Whatever you believe, do what you feel is the right thing to do. Don't allow others to sway you and make you doubt what you believe in your inner core.

I had a moment of this today. I swore to myself that when I went to the polls today, I would vote against all the politicians that voted in favor of the Bailout. I had my own personal reasons for deciding that.

When I got to the polls, as it turns out, one of them was a Democrat, and the other a Republican.

It also turns out that neither was running against a major party candidate for their seats. They were both opposed by Green Party candidates.

I have never in my life voted Green Party and personally, don't like about 80% of what they stand for. But dang it. I had my reasons and yes, if they only have 2 votes each in this election, well one of them is mine.

Now go and Be Proud of being an American and for getting an opportunity to at least have your voice heard.

The Patriot
11-04-2008, 05:50 PM
I voted for a Libertarian for MA Senate. :upyours: you John Kerry.

Vis
11-04-2008, 05:51 PM
How do they know why you voted green?

Preacher
11-04-2008, 06:06 PM
I voted last week...

It was a horrible experience.

When you have to vote for the guy you least dislike... it just doesn't feel right.

Dino 6 Rings
11-04-2008, 06:11 PM
I voted last week...

When you have to vote for the guy you least dislike... it just doesn't feel right.

But you have to do it Preacher. Its what we have.

Heck I would have voted for a Federalist Party or a BullMoose party member had they been on the ballot against the two guys I was voting against.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-04-2008, 06:22 PM
I just got back from voting and I can say I'm glad I voted again......

2000 election was the first time I could vote......I wasn't 18 in 1996....I didn't vote in 2000 since I really didn't care about politics.......But in 2004 I did vote and have voted ever since even in my local elections....

Preacher
11-04-2008, 06:25 PM
I have voted in every presidential election, and I believe most 2 year elections. However, unless there is a SERIOUS issue, I normally don't vote in the elections outside of those.

tony hipchest
11-04-2008, 06:25 PM
i voted the 2 republican congressmen today. basically because the 2 democratic ones are pretty much rolling out the red carpet for unions to sink their claws into govt and state employees.

SteelCityMan786
11-04-2008, 06:36 PM

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Dino 6 Rings
11-05-2008, 12:59 PM
1459 days next til the next election.

Til Then, I am officially

THE OPPOSITION VOICE!

I forgot how much fun it was to be the opposition voice. Haven't been that since 2000. Now I get to bash and attack every single policy those in power push through on a federal level and blame all my "woes" on them. Sweet. Fun times for me ahead.

Preacher
11-05-2008, 07:14 PM

THE OPPOSITION VOICE!

I forgot how much fun it was to be the opposition voice. Haven't been that since 2000. Now I get to bash and attack every single policy those in power push through on a federal level and blame all my "woes" on them. Sweet. Fun times for me ahead.

:rofl:

I often wonder if more people consider this the ultimate national game then actually believe in the politics.

Dino 6 Rings
11-08-2008, 08:09 PM
:rofl:

I often wonder if more people consider this the ultimate national game then actually believe in the politics.

With the way people cheer and wear shirts and oppose each other, its basically like College Rivalry weekend for the entire nation. Instead of people just from 2 cities or fans of two teams cheering on a game, its two parties squaring off and their fans losing their minds over it.

Kind of like this...A McCain Supporter Arrested for...

Wearing a McCain T-Shirt and then is taunted by the agents of Change

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vynzd9cpQRQ

millwalldavey
11-08-2008, 10:12 PM

Amen to that, The only one i didnt vote for was Barr.

silver & black
11-09-2008, 09:45 AM
I voted last week...

This is the third election in a row I've done that.

I sure hope there are some real, viable choices in 2012.... on both sides.

steelwall
11-09-2008, 09:56 AM

THE OPPOSITION VOICE!

:rofl: Heck havent thought of that yet.... Now I am the voice of desent. Let's ride this pony for a while.:laughing:

GBMelBlount
11-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Seriously, although I don't see eye to eye with Obama, I want nothing more than for Obama to make this country better. He is reasonably smart and has already shown he is not afraid to change/modify his positions as he learns. However, if he and congress assume the recent victories are a mandate, and operate in an extremely partisan manner (and not "uniters"), you will definitely hear about it from me......

silver & black
11-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Seriously, although I don't see eye to eye with Obama, I want nothing more than for Obama to make this country better. He is reasonably smart and has already shown he is not afraid to change/modify his positions as he learns. However, if he and congress assume the recent victories are a mandate, and operate in an extremely partisan manner (and not "uniters"), you will definitely hear about it from me......

:thmbup: