PDA

View Full Version : Update on Kidnapped Pastor

Preacher
10-23-2008, 05:22 PM
I am not going to give specifics, as this is an ongoing situation,

but one of my fellow pastors in the state I am in has been taken hostage in a foreign country. The rest of the family was released. They are demanding a million dollars for the guys release.

it is possible this is a case of mistaken identity.

Please be in prayer as again, this is an ongoing situation.

klick81
10-23-2008, 05:40 PM
Wow, good luck to him...glad his family was released. Has this hit media outlets yet?

Polamalu Princess
10-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Oh my - how scary - I will pray. Please keep us posted of the situation.

Preacher
10-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Wow, good luck to him...glad his family was released. Has this hit media outlets yet?

I doubt it. I got it through our state offices.

Steelman16
10-23-2008, 08:38 PM
I doubt it. I got it through our state offices.

Wow, I will defnitely be keeping him in prayer!

Is it possible for me to know which country he's being held in? If not, I understand and will continue to pray.

TroysBadDawg
10-23-2008, 11:21 PM
My prayers are with him and his family.

Just a question, is it a Muslim Country? This would explain the news black out.

steelwall
10-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Prayers for his safe return........ The scum bags that kidnapped him will have their day in front of the lord.....

Preacher
10-24-2008, 02:16 AM
I haven't heard anything else yet... but I post more if and when I find out.

xfl2001fan
10-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Prayers for him and his family. (Yeah they're physically released...but emotionally, you know they're still caught.)

GBMelBlount
10-24-2008, 08:52 AM
I am not going to give specifics, as this is an ongoing situation,

but one of my fellow pastors in the state I am in has been taken hostage in a foreign country. The rest of the family was released. They are demanding a million dollars for the guys release.

it is possible this is a case of mistaken identity.

Please be in prayer as again, this is an ongoing situation.

Wow Preach. I am so saddened to hear this. This Pastor will be in my thoughts and prayers. I just want to thank you and all the other courageous pastors and missionaries who have traveled the world to help others and spread the word, despite knowing the tremendous risks. :hug:

PAMillerGrrl83
10-24-2008, 11:25 PM
All my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family./

stlrtruck
10-27-2008, 01:10 PM
It's in times like this that a single man's faith will be tested.
I will pray for him and know that the Lord is with him.

Preacher
10-28-2008, 06:52 PM
I haven't heard anything more. No updates, but I appreciate all of your prayers.

NJarhead
10-28-2008, 07:01 PM
I just read an article in Military.com about the Special Forces being sent in to get these folks out. The issue had been that we'd been paying the ransoms, then the insurgents began kidknapping everyone (indiscriminately). So, I guess we're being a little more proactive in forcefully getting our hostages back.

Preach, you didn't say if it was that region or not, so I'm just assuming for now. I figured you might be interested in what little I knew. In any event, your friend and his family have my prayers. Please let us know how this turns out. Good luck.

Preacher
10-29-2008, 04:29 PM
I just read an article in Military.com about the Special Forces being sent in to get these folks out. The issue had been that we'd been paying the ransoms, then the insurgents began kidknapping everyone (indiscriminately). So, I guess we're being a little more proactive in forcefully getting our hostages back.

Preach, you didn't say if it was that region or not, so I'm just assuming for now. I figured you might be interested in what little I knew. In any event, your friend and his family have my prayers. Please let us know how this turns out. Good luck.

Thanks...

though actually, I do not personally know him. He is a colleage in my state convention, but I haven't had the opportunity to meet him.

Steel Duck
10-30-2008, 06:59 PM
How aweful...My thoughts and prayers are with him.

Preacher
11-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Here is an email I received

God is awesome. This afternoon, at 4:14 PM to be exact, Pastor Jesus XXXXXXXX (funny his first name being Jesus... :chuckle:) called me to confirm the fact that he was now free from his kidnappers and at home now with his family.
With his permission I share the following:
First, he tells me "I am calling to express my deep appreciation to all for praying for me. I am alive I believe because God heard the prayers of his people." Pastor XXXX then proceeded to tell me he had been deprived of food and water for almost 12 days during his captivity. He was handcuffed and bound with a very jagged chain. He also related to me that his kidnappers beat him severely. In semi conscious state he recalls hearing his captors talk about getting rid of him. He was taken in a vehicle to the outskirts of town. After throwing his body out, they proceeded to cover him (alive) with sand. His tells me they then proceeded to attempt to kill him by firing several bullets. He states, "I heard the bullets hit the sand but not one touched my body. When they saw no movement from me they left me for dead." Shortly, by divine providential workings, no doubt, his was found by local authorities. They rushed him to the hospital where he was detained for treatment for almost three days.
I was in awe as he wept while sharing with me this horrific account. Pastor XXXXX was praising God for sparing him. He has asked that we let all know how much he and family appreciate their fervent praying for them. The family continues to receive calls from all over the USA and beyond. We plan to spend time with him this coming Friday. I know more details will be coming forth as the story unfolds. Our God has shown himself strong in behalf of the XX family. I personally say, 'Thank you for caring and praying.' This should serve as an encouragement to all. Before ending our call, we prayed together. WOW! AMEN! PRAISE GOD!

For those who were wondering, the pastor was held hostage across the boarder in Mexico.

xfl2001fan
11-04-2008, 07:32 PM
That is awesome Preach!

Steel Duck
11-04-2008, 07:54 PM
That is wonderful!!! So glad he's back home with his family! :applaudit:

steelwall
11-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Praise God!

NJarhead
11-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Excellent news!!!