PDA

View Full Version : Ask the Commissioner

SteelersMongol
11-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Hey, NFL fans! The chance 2 ask away all your wonderings & dump your anger (if U got any) on the Commissioner coming. Go to http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/42 Mr. Roger Too Gooddeal is going 2 B answering all your questions on NOV 5th at 2 PM Eastern time.

Don't forget 2 let us know the answer you got with what was your question, afterward.

The Duke
11-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Oh, that chat is gonna get ugly :scratchchin:

stlrtruck
11-05-2008, 07:49 AM
I've submited my question:

Which was about fining certain players while others actions/words are overlooked. Do you think that stinks of hypocrisy and inconsistency?

fansince'76
11-05-2008, 08:01 AM
Hi everyone, and welcome to NFL.com's moderated chat. Commissioner Roger Goodell will join us Wednesday, Nov. 5, at 2 p.m. ET to respond to questions from fans.

Seeing how it's a "moderated chat," what I'd like to say to him would never get through the moderator(s).

SCSTILLER
11-05-2008, 01:35 PM
I've submited my question:

Which was about fining certain players while others actions/words are overlooked. Do you think that stinks of hypocrisy and inconsistency?

That was basically my question also! Wanted to ask him why he is a *beep*ing idiot who shows favoritism, unfair in his fines, hangs onto the jock of the pats, etc. etc. but figured that question wouldn't through. So I stuck with the unfair fine questions!

fansince'76
11-05-2008, 01:39 PM
That was basically my question also! Wanted to ask him why he is a *beep*ing idiot who shows favoritism, unfair in his fines, hangs onto the jock of the pats, etc. etc. but figured that question wouldn't through. So I stuck with the unfair fine questions!

I imagine that won't get through either - the moderator(s) are going to feed him nothing but softballs.

EDIT: I didn't read much, but here are a few examples of the "tough" and "probing" questions I saw on the first page:

Hi Commissioner, I'd like to know your thoughts on the election of Barack Obama as President? Thanks!

When does the commish get to take a vacation?

Mr. Goodell, is it just a fantastic dream or a realistic chance for an European city to be home of a NFL franchise?

If the NFL Network is not available on Time Warner in Manhattan, how do you watch it at home? Did you get RCN or do you have a dish in your building?

Of the few questions I saw that were actually RELEVANT, they not surprisingly got canned nonanswers - a couple examples:

What do you plan to do about the poor officiating that has plagued the NFL all season long?

We have outstanding officials and we are proud of the work that they do. That being said, officiating is imperfect. We always work to improve and make officiating more consistant. This includes evaluating every official on every play and new training techniques to prepare them to officiate a very difficult game. We require our officials to meet very high standard.

Why are players being fined for good clean big hits?

They are not being fined for hits that are permissible within our rules. Each year we evaluate techniques and hits that coaches and players determine put players at unnecessary risk for injury. We have always disciplined the players when they violate the rules.

What a joke. :coffee:

lilyoder6
11-05-2008, 04:07 PM
wow.. they review at the end of the yr... plz.. y not just put effing flags on the qb's and play touch football next yr

The Patriot
11-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Maybe everybody hates Goodell because he has no spine and bends over backwards to try and please everyone, but just ends up pissing more people off. To me, he doesn't come across as the type of man with a complex agenda.

NJarhead
11-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Maybe everybody hates Goodell because he has no spine and bends over backwards to try and please everyone, but just ends up pissing more people off. To me, he doesn't come across as the type of man with a complex agenda.

I don't think many agenda's (honest or other) are usually complex. :chuckle:

TeeJay
11-05-2008, 05:26 PM

Nope, it's because he sux Bradys profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilter!.........

.................ah shit, wrong forum! I bad!!