PDA

View Full Version : 08 Steelers > or = to 2000 Ravens?

SaskSteeler
11-04-2008, 11:55 PM
It almost feels the same way. We have an incredible defense that has to keep making plays because or offense isnt very consistent and at times the offense is hard to watch. I think they're better but if our offense kind find some sort of rythym we could be great. Who do you think is better and why?

Steelman16
11-05-2008, 12:01 AM
It almost feels the same way. We have an incredible defense that has to keep making plays because or offense isnt very consistent and at times the offense is hard to watch. I think they're better but if our offense kind find some sort of rythym we could be great. Who do you think is better and why?

We have a way better offense, it just hasn't played to complete expectation yet. If it was, then you'd probably be comparing the 08 Steelers to a different super bowl team.

The Duke
11-05-2008, 12:01 AM
Hmm....Interesting comparison

Both have amazing defenses and average offenses

The ravens had a good running game in holmes and lewis, but no QB

The steelers have a good running game and a great qb, just seems like they aren't on the same page as a whole

Consistency is the key

If the offense becomes consistent this is a superbowl team, especially with that defense. If they don't then it's a 1st round exit in the playoffs

RoethlisBURGHer
11-05-2008, 12:25 AM
Better than.

Our offense hasn't had, and won't have a streak of what was it, like almost 4 straight games without a passing or offensive touchdown? I don't exactly remember which one it was, but it spoke directly to the complete ineptude of their offense.

Our offense is inept at times, and at other times it explodes. We just need it to explode more often.

cubanstogie
11-05-2008, 12:42 AM
I would say we are better overall. Our offense better, their D was better at scoring. They always seem to come up with INT's for TD's. They had a better chance of scoring with their D on the field. The problem with us this year is rhythm and consistency. Although we are 6-2 and could easily be 7-1 we haven't played close to our potential. I don't like pointing fingers at one person, such as Arians but our pass plays look really slow to develop. I don't know if it is Ben or our receivers are unable to get separation. We never run screens or draws which would negate some pass rush either. Anyway different thread, I do think we are better though our D has carried us this year big time though.

ytsan2q
11-05-2008, 01:06 AM
If our offense would have half way shown up in a those two games we lost, we would be undefeated. I guess those 2 loses keep us under the radar though.

SunshineMan21
11-05-2008, 01:15 AM
I don't think we're really under the radar anymore. ESPN ranks us #3, which I think is probably about right.

At this point we know that we have a phenomenal, deep defense, and an inconsistent, talented but maddening offense.

Galax Steeler
11-05-2008, 04:53 AM
I can't say enough about our deffense they play hard on every play with a chance to get to the quarterback or make a play down the field as someone stated above if our offense could find some kind of rythem then we would be on top of the nfl hopefully we can find that rythem here in the stretch and make a good run in the playoffs.

moedap
11-05-2008, 07:14 AM
We would have to win the superbowl with the defense playing at the same intensity for the rest of the season for me to say greater.

steelpride12
11-05-2008, 11:11 AM
I believe the Steelers defense is a better defense with an excellent secondary to back the LB's and D line.

The defense has been relentles and are on pace for about 65-70 sacks this season which is an amazing feat and i give all the credit to good old Dick!

Sith Lord
11-05-2008, 11:35 AM
IMO, the 2000 ravens had the best defense ever...even compared to the 1985 bears. Since that 2000 season, I havent seen anything close OVER THE COURSE OF AN ENTIRE SEASON. Monday night was awsome, but it was one game.

Steelman16
11-05-2008, 04:25 PM
IMO, the 2000 ravens had the best defense ever...even compared to the 1985 bears. Since that 2000 season, I havent seen anything close OVER THE COURSE OF AN ENTIRE SEASON. Monday night was awsome, but it was one game.

Closet Ratbirds fan? What about the rest of the games we've played this year?

I'd have to say our D has played pretty stinkin' good.

The_WARDen
11-06-2008, 02:37 PM
While it's interesting to compare them, it's still way premature. The Ravens 2000 book is closed and the D carried them to a SB win.

Until this D duplicates that feat, I can't say that they're better.

Again, the 2008 Steelers Defense's book is only half written...if they falter in December like they did last year, then there's no comparison.

GBMelBlount
11-06-2008, 03:27 PM
It's hard to say. They had a much longer season. Ours is apparently only 8 games. :chuckle: